Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Completely Hopeless ❯ Epilogue ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Completely Hopeless

 

Chapter 7

 

Completely Hopeless

 

I watch my life it passes by

I see my friends who tell me lies

 

I watch my life tumble to the ground

I see my hopes have failed me now

 

I watch help turn down my plead

I see myself weak in the knees

 

I watch as I begin to fade

And see how I've turn completely hopeless

 

--------------------

 

Serena's POV

 

It was almost Christmas. It would be fun to spend some time with my family but I have something else to take care of. That is first priority to me. I wonder what would happen, what would the future look like. I didn't know how it would affect people, if it would. I know it would affect Rini. How much I didn't know. But I'll have everything ready.

 

--------------------

 

Right now it was only two more days. And in those two days she was going to plan it all out. She bought all her gifts for everyone. And her last two gifts would be delivered right on schedule.

 

Picking out a pen and paper she began to write.

 

--------------------

 

Normal POV

 

December 23

 

Setsuna walked around aimlessly. She wondered what she could've done to change everything. But it was probably already too late for regrets. She told Hotaru and Saturn of this turn of events. That was how it was going to stay. Now she wondered how it was all going to play out. Watching Rini out of the corner of her eye, then she turned and began to walk back to her apartment. There was nothing she could do but watch and wait for what was to become of the millennia.

 

--------------------

 

Hotaru was looking up towards the sky. It was the third day of the full moon. Tomorrow it would be a moonless night. But what would happen then? Would it just simply end like that? Would the future just disappear? Or would it continue just with a different course? She was anticipating on how the new future would turn out. But she'd miss Rini. Though Rini wouldn't be born for another thousand years into the next millennia.

 

She just hoped that this was the right choice.

 

--------------------

 

Serena came to the scout meeting. They were all silent. Darien wasn't there so he didn't know about it though he probably did. She smiled at them. Ami was afraid of that smile. For some reason she could sense that something was going to happen. Something that she was sure none of them would like. But she doubted that Serena would tell any of them.

 

"Hey everyone. How's it going?" Serena said trying to liven up the place. They all just looked at her as if she was crazy for acting like that. Her face never wavered from her smile as she walked to sit next to Ami. It was silent for a while. Ami decided to break the silence.

 

"Hey Serena. Are you doing well?" she asked too as if nothing ever happened. They began to have a regular conversation. They all acted as if nothing ever happened. They never talked about their separation or Serena's sudden change in attitude. But one thing was on their minds.

 

They missed the old Serena.

 

--------------------

 

December 24

 

Serena and the others were walking with her hoping to get the best sales ever. Even if they were just window-shopping it was okay. At least they get to spend some time together.

 

At least until the hour is up.

 

Serena glanced at her watch. It was three hours till showdown. She just hoped that everyone wouldn't sob over her. She wouldn't be satisfied with that. She walked along side Ami and they began to think of different things.

 

--------------------

 

Yukito sat thinking. He was in his apartment. He didn't know but he felt like he was going to lose himself in a few hours and do something to someone that he cared about. But the only person he'd ever care about was Serena. She was there for him even if they only knew each other for a few weeks. It felt like they were family. He smiled at the thought. They didn't know each other for very long but it was nice to know someone cared about him.

 

He sighed and stood up. He grabbed his coat and walked outside. Maybe his conflicting emotions would render him thoughtless for a while. That is until he could figure out why Serena wanted to meet him at 11 at night, an hour before Christmas day.

 

--------------------

 

Serena was pondering something. She wondered why she hasn't seen Darien in ages. Well not exactly that long but it's been a few weeks since then. Maybe Darien knew what she was going to do and was making it easier on himself. But that wouldn't be right. If he still loved her even if it was still the past then he should be here with her, not her friends. She sighed and continued walking with the others just following them to the stores they wanted to visit.

 

After another hour she separated from them and told them that she was going to Darien's place. They waved her goodbye each hoping that Darien would find out what's wrong with her. They hoped.

 

-----------------------------

 

Darien sat alone in his apartment. (A/N: He deserves too!) Anyways he was still thinking. His concern for Serena had grown over the past few weeks. He thought she was changing her mind about them. They weren't living in the past but the present. Things could change. Everything wasn't set in stone. It was in the course but it wasn't permanent. It was only a layout.

 

He was snapped out of his thoughts as the doorbell rang. Setting the glass of water on the table, he stood up and walked over opening the door. He was surprised on who was standing there.

 

"Se-Serena?" he asked surprised.

 

"Hi Darien. Don't act surprised. It is a holiday after all. I wouldn't think of not visiting you on this holiday, now did I?" she said. He still stood there dumbstruck. "So…are you going to let me in?" He snapped out of his daze.

 

"Oh, yeah," he said holding the door for her until she stepped in.

 

They talked for a while. Until Serena saw that it was almost time to go. She stood up and gave him a kiss. Darien never did ask her what he really wanted.

 

"Don't come after me. I'll see you again," she said before showing herself out. He never caught the faint whisper.

 

"Someday…"

 

-----------------------------

 

It was the appointed time, eleven o'clock. Yukito realized he was early. At least he had time to see the sky and the snow falling. The snow was really something. He'd never seen anything like it. But he wondered if he did and just forgot? He shrugged it off and stood up as he sensed someone walking towards him.

 

Serena emerged from the shadows of the secluded area. A small, sad smile graced her face.

 

"Hey, Yukito, glad you could make it," she said putting down her purse, which contained nothing of value except for the new life she was going to give.

 

"Hi, is there something you wanted me for?" he asked.

 

"Oh, no nothing in particular."

 

"You're lying. There's something you want to do."

 

"Oh my, you're very perceptive. Alright, since you saw threw everything I might as well start now." She took out he transformation broach.

 

"Moon Cosmic Power."

 

Serena now stood in her Sailor Moon attire. Yukito stared in shock. He wondered what she was going to do.

 

"Draw your weapon. If you want your gift, you have to fight for it." She told him seriously. This time there was no emotion in her eyes.

 

"No." He told her seriously.

 

"Okay then, I guess you won't live past midnight."

 

-----------------------------

 

Setsuna and Hotaru snapped their heads toward one direction. They felt it. The big power surge. It was most likely from the silver crystal and some other form of power. They were sure that the other scouts would interfere but they had to stop them. Soon enough they landed in the scene with the sailors about to arrive.

 

"Serena!" The cried out at once. Pluto and Saturn held out their staffs in front of the scouts to stop them. "What are you doing?" Makoto asked.

 

"Leave her be. It is not your decision to make." Pluto responded. The scouts just stood there watching as Serena was fighting with the other guy. They believed it to be their enemy. Any other power attacking Serena is their enemy. But they had no choice but to stay put since they knew that Pluto and Saturn wouldn't hesitate to hold them back. They could only watch the battle unfold. Tuxedo Mask arrived a second later. He too was about to interfere but noticed that the others weren't doing anything. But should something happen he'd be ready.

 

The battle was commencing. Since Serena was able to somehow manipulate the silver crystal to her will she was able to do a lot more than she used to. She wondered why she didn't use this before. Then fatigue caught up with her. Ah, that would be why. She was beginning to lose it. It was amazing that Yukito would be able to take so many blasts. But then again they were just one and the same. It was affecting her more than him though.

 

She was breathing heavily as she tried to not pass out. She had to end this before she was able to pass out and be taken care of. He wouldn't live after midnight. She thought what would happen if she were gone?

 

Would everyone miss her?

 

Would they feel regret?

 

Or would they be mad because it was like she was running away from her duty?

 

Either way, they would just make her grieve. But then they'd feel guilty as they read her note that she left on Rei's table at the temple. No one noticed she placed it there.

 

Suddenly they both stopped their actions staring the other down with nothing but wills. Serena could help but begin to feel a little tired. She should end this now. Somehow being able to change her crystal into a sword she charged at him. Yukito charged back. Both of their swords poised and ready for the final strike.

 

The powerful blade struck. It tore through flesh piercing thorough the back. A clank sounded signaling defeat. Blood trickled out from the blade. Serena almost fell to her knees had she not latched her hand on Yukito's shoulder. The sword was still piercing her stomach. Yukito stood there in shock. His hands were shaking and he couldn't move as he was trembling. He was telling his body to catch the injured girl but it just wouldn't listen.

 

"NO!" A chorus of voices sounded. But they couldn't do anything, seeing as how it was already too late.

 

Blood was leaking from the corner of Serena's lip. Heh… What a painful way to die. She thought. She coughed out some blood as it spilt on her hand. The blade that was still embedded in her body was keeping her alive. She looked at straight at Yukito's eyes so similar to hers. She gave him a smile.

 

"Don't…worry…about me…I'll just…be sleeping…for a while… You can take my place…" she said out in small gasps.

 

"Everyone…I'm sorry…it's on such…short notice…but I couldn't…tell you… I hope you all won't grieve for me… I'll be back…and when the crystal Tokyo comes…I'll be there too… Pluto…tell Rini…that…it's time for…for her to go home…now…"

 

Serena didn't bother to look at their crying faces, Pluto and Saturn, the only two who knew what would happen. She wondered if Darien would still look for her in the future?

 

She then looked at Yukito and pointed to the clock of a building not to far away and said her last words. "See…you lived…past…midnight…just like…I promised.

 

"Merry Christmas."

 

+Owari+

 

Kinshin: Well I hope that it was a good ending! I tried to make it sad but I couldn't' really. I think reading too many happy endings are rubbing off on me! Anyways I thank you people for your reviews and visits. And if there is any questions plz don't hesitate to ask in the review. I'll answer them on a separate post. So if there are questions after it I guess you lucked out but if you're persistent or just dying to know then e-mail me, only after I've posted the after talk! Oh and thanks to future visitors and reviewers!

 

Like it? Review! No Flames!