Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Confessions of a Goddess ❯ Study Group ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
STUDY GROUP (2)

I looked at Darien and he was smiling at me.
"Hey, I didn't know you were leaving. I have to get home and get studying." I said uneasily.
"That's cool. Do you want me to help you study, or are you fine? Because I was leaving for home, Serena is not being her self ... lately ... " He said as his voice trailed off.
"Only if you want. I need help on some of it." I replied.
"Ok, I'll come over then, if that's ok?" He asked.
"Sure! It was really nice of you to ask! Thank you!" I said.
He led me to his car and opened the door for me. I said thank you and hopped in. He got in and we started to drive off.
"I have to go to Lita's house to pick up my stuff, so can we stop there first?" I asked. My palms were a little sweaty.
"Sure I can do that. You were studying for that big test in three weeks?" He asked as he turned a corner.
"Yeah. Serena and I were having a fit at Lita's that it was so far away and we still have to study, but I would rather study than hang out at the Arcade. I hate that place." I said.
I looked at him in the mirror. Her looked up and smiled at me. So I smiled back.
"So why is Serena not being her self lately?" I asked.
"She's really snippy. She practically bit my head off. I don't get her sometimes." He explained.
"Well, just remember that she's a fourteen-year-old girl. We can be weird sometimes." I replied, as I laughed a little.
"Yeah. That's probably it. But, she's been like this for at least a month now." Darien said as we pulled into Lita's driveway.
"I'll be right back." I said as I got out of the car and ran to get my books.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Mina, damn! You have a hold on my heart. I'm beginning to fall for you. I know I shouldn't but you can't help whom you love. I wonder if you feel the way I do. I just don't want to hurt Serena...

* * * * * * * * * * * *

I got back out to the car and got in. I put my books in the back seat and looked over at Darien.
"You know how to get to my house right?" I asked.
"Yeah. I'm pretty sure I do." He answered.
We drove in an uneasy silence to my house. We got out and walked into my house. My parents weren't home so we were all alone.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

"Ok, xy plus 67 squared is equal to ab minus 13. How would you solve that?" Darien asked writing down the problem.
"I have no clue. I didn't learn that yet." I answered.
"Well, you will right now." He said as he began to explain the problem.
I didn't pay much attention. I was day dreaming. I do that too much. It's crazy! I can't get my best friend's boyfriend off my mind!

* * * * * * * * * * * *

She really isn't paying any attention to this. I wonder what she's thinking about. It's hard for me to even explain the problem right. Should I just tell her? Nah, she might think I'm a creep.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

We studied for an hour before my parents got home. They gave me a weird look as they walked passed into the kitchen. I hope they didn't think we did anything...
"Well Mina, I should get going. You want to get together tomorrow and study again?" Darien asked.
That's cool. Do you just want to come to our study group?" I asked.
"Nah, Serena.... Can we talk about that tomorrow?" He asked as he stood up. HE walked over to the door.
"Sure. I wonder why she was acting like that. Well, thanks for coming over and helping me study. It's more than what I would have gotten done with the girls! Call me about it ok?" I said as I walked over to him.
"Ok, will do" Darien said. Then he gave me a hug. "See ya tomorrow!" Then he walked out the door.
I watched him pull out of the driveway. When I couldn't see his car anymore, I ran up to my room. Serena is going to kill me if anything happens. I can't tell her he hugged me. I really don't want her getting mad at him. I picked up the phone and dialed Serena's number.