Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Confessions of a Goddess ❯ Too Much Talking ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
TOO MUCH TALKING (3)

I heard heavy breathing on the other end of the phone.
"What do you want Mina? I'm just having one of those days, so of course I'll be snippy." Serina answered.
"Well, you haven't been snippy to any of us for the past month Serina. Tell me what's going on." I said.
"What would you want to do if you found out you have to love one man for the rest of all eternity? We are going to be together forever. Can't I take a break for a little bit before we get married and then I'll be stuck?"
"I can understand that. But Serina, you don't have to blow him off. Just tell him nicely ok? Like, I'm sorry, but I want some time alone for a little bit and if he asks why, tell him how you feel." I said.
"Why don't you rell him? You talked an awful lot today. What was that all about anyway?"
"He wanted to help me study, I asked him. We didn't do anything ok? We worked on the math and history stuff. You have nothing to worry about."
"Oh whatever Mina. You were probably trying to sweet talk him to go out with you. Just because you are the Sailor V everyone loves, doesn't mean you can steal my boyfriend."
"Serina, I'm not trying to take him from you. Hey... are you... ..."
"... ... ... ... ..."
"You are! OMG! Why didn't you say something?!?"
"Darien is going to kill me. That's why I never want to study. I don't want to go to high school pregnant. Everyone will laugh at me."
"Darien has a right to know. Unless it's not his..."
"It is."
"Well then, tell him. I'll come with you if you want. There is no use hiding it from him."
"NO! I'm not telling him and you stay out of this. You didn't know what happened. Just leave me alone!" And with that, she hung up.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
That night I couldn't fall asleep. Darien had a right to know, and Serina wouldn't tell him. I so badly wanted to tell him, but I knew it was none of my business to tell. I began to wonder if Darien and Serina broke up, would he go out with me? I had to call him.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
"So that's why she's all snippy. I know I shouldn't have told you, but she never would have."
"OMG. This isn't good. Hey, I can't talk like this. Can I come pick you up and we drive around?" He asked.
"Sure. I'll be outside waiting. See you then." I said.
"Ok, bye." he said as he hung up the phone.
I made sure my parents were asleep then crept down the stairs and out the door. I sat on the steps and waited. I looked up at the sky and saw my planet, Venus. It twinkled in the nighttime darkness. I closed my eyes and went back to the time to when I was on Venus...
* * * * * * * * * * * *
Kikarou and I were a happy couple. He was the sweetest guy there was. I was having the best night of my life with him. But then, I was called to help Queen Serenity fight for the Moon Kingdom. I kissed him one last time, and I never got to see him ever again. I missed him a lot.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
Maybe that's why I like Darien so much. He looks just like Kikarou and he's a sweetie too. Darien pulled into my driveway, and I got into his car.
"Hey there. Are you ok?" I asked. It looked like he had been crying.
"I really don't know what I am right now. I can't believe she would hold something like that from me. Does she trust me? Maybe I should just break up with her. I have had my eyes on someone else for a while now. But I don't want to hurt her. What do you think?" He said.
"I think you two should talk about it. She told me something, and I really can't tell you. Maybe she is still up, can we go and pick her up?" I asked. I know I'm not the best advice giver, but they really need to talk this out, not me.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
We pulled into Serina's driveway. Her bedroom light was on. I saw Rini peek out the window. Then Serina came to the window.
"Should I go get her?" I asked. I knew it was risky.
"Yeah. Make sure Tini Rini doesn't come with ok?" He answered.
I walked up to her door and knocked onit. Serina answered.
"What do you want? I thought I told you to leave me alone!" She whispered.
"Come with me. Darien really wants to talk to you. You need to talk to him ok?"
Serina followed me out to the car and took the front seat. She folded her arms in her lap and sighed.
Darien pulled out of the driveway and tore down the street.
"Serina, why didn't you tell me? I have a freaking right to know. Do you trust me anymore?" He asked, practically yelling. Darien was crying.
"I didn't know what you would do! God. Who told you, Miss blabber mouth back there?!? It's as simple as this. I don't want to be together anymore Darien. We have all eternity to be together. I want to take a break from us." Serina blurted out.
Darien stopped the car.