Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Destiny Challenged ❯ Destiny Challenged ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Ok I do not own any of the characters. They are owned by a long list of people. That said I can now continue.

Ok hello to everyone and thank you for taking an interest in my fanfic...*grins*...this is my first attempt at one so I am not sure how it will turn out. I know I am doing something taboo in this by expressing my views on the Seiya/Usagi relationship and for all of the Mamoru/Usagi fans, this is not meant to offend you. Please email me with comments and try to be gentle :)

Scenario: The story starts 3 days after the final battle with Galaxia, after the Three Lights leave with Princess Kakyuu.

It was 3 days after the Three Lights left Earth and life was slowly becoming back to normal. Usagi was sitting on a bench in the park, the same bench where she sat waiting for Seiya on the day of their "date". She was thinking to herself about the past few months, and was suprised that she felt a sadness.

"Why should I feel sad?" she thought to herself, "All of my friends are safe and I have Mamoru back..."

She then started to think about Mamoru. When he came back she felt so happy. When she was in his arms, she felt different though. Almost like it wasn't the same. They haven't spent that much time together in the past 3 days, but then she hasn't spent much time with anyone since it happened. She just wanted to be left alone.

"Maybe it is because so much has happened. I just have to let it sink in some." But that thought didn't seem to ease her sadness any.

"Hey Usagi!" Usagi turned around quickly, startled by the interruption of her thoughts. It was Mako and Minako coming towards her. Both had a look of deep concern on their pretty faces.

"Hello guys." Usagi tried to give them a smile, but it only came out halfway.

The 2 girls looked at their best friend and leader. The whole group, including Mamoru, had met earlier to discuss her. It just wasn't like Usagi to back off from her friends. They had fought battles before and the next day she was always the same old Usagi. For some reason this time was different. Mamoru was very concerned, but then he didn't know anything of the last few months. So they had filled him in on all of the details of the past battles, the arrival of the Starlights, and even though they had secretly decided earlier not to mention Seiya's love for Usagi, they felt it better to tell him now. After the meeting, the girls split up to try to find her. Minako slipped away to message everyone else that they had found her, and where they were. When she returned, Mako was sitting next to Usagi, talking softly.

"Usagi, we know that something is wrong. You just are not yourself lately. Please tell me and let me help, Ok?"

"I just don't know what is wrong." Usagi replied. "ever since the battle was over and..."

She stopped short.

"You mean ever sine Seiya left..." Minako finished Usagi thoughts.

Usagi sat there a little stunned. That was it! Was it was mentioned, the sadness lifted from her. She thought about Seyia, all the times they had here, and her heart grew light. She missed him! And even more, she realized she loved him. Her heart grew heavy again.

The two girls saw Usagi's expression go change to a happier one, and then swiftly change back. Minako and Mako both knew before, but wanted to wait for Usagi herself to realize the truth.

"You fell in love with Seiya." Minako's voice was soft as she said what they all knew for so long.

"No!" Usagi didn't feel that she could share that with them. She knew nothing could ever come out of it, so she just wanted to have it in her heart. Her secret. Just then she looked and saw Luna, Artemis, Ami, Rei and Mamoru coming towards her. "listen I have to go, I will meet with everyone later, ok?" And with that she ran off, leaving a group of worried friends behind her.

Mamoru watched her go. He started to go after her, but Mako held him back.

"Give her space right now. Please let her go." The other girls looked at her. Rei pulled her aside.

"What is it? We saw you speaking to her." Rei was very concerned about Usagi. "Is it what we think it is?"

"I am afraid so Rei-Chan. Even if Usagi won't admit it, I know that is the problem."

Mamoru stared at the spot where Usagi had disappeared. "Please come back to me." He whispered.

On a planet far away from Earth, the Three Lights looked at their sad friend.

"Seiya, what is wrong? You barely spoke any words in the last 3 days. Is it her?" Taiki asked with a look of concern on his face. Yaten and Taiki both knew this was going to be hard on Seiya, but they didn't know how hard it would be. They both knew of his deep love for the girl, and although the didn't understand it, they knew how badly he missed her.

Before Seiya could answer the question Princess Kakyuu entered their room. They all jumped up and bowed to her.

"Fighter, what is the cause of all of your troubles?" she gently asked.

"Please Princess, do not trouble yourself with my concerns," he answered.

"Why don't you return to Earth?", she asked, " go to her and talk, you are not stuck here. Go to your love."

Seiya was shocked. "How did you know?" he asked.

"I could tell by the two of you together. The Moon Princess cares deeply for you, and you her. Go and speak to her."

"I don't know if that is a good thing." He remembered the look on Usagi's face when she was in Mamoru's arms. He had her heart not him. She loved Seyia as a friend.

"Trust me Fighter and go to her. You may be suprised." And with that the princess left.

"Go Seyia." Yaten said.

Seyia stared at his friends. " I just don't know if I should." Then he left the room.

Usagi sat on the bench at the high school. The same spot where Seyia and her had looked at the stars with Chibi Chibi. She knew her future was with Mamoru, and she was torn in two. She loved Mamoru and Seyia. The whole future depended on her and Mamoru getting together. She was the Moon Princess and had to do what was good for her people. She felt she had grown up so much since she started high school only a few months ago. She was not troubled then. She knew what she wanted. Now everything had changed.

"Oh Seyia," she thought to herself, "If only you never came! I never would have fallen in love with you, I wouldn't be confused now!" But then another thought hit her. This one she whispered quietly. "If only we had more time." A single tear slipped down her face.

"Odango." It was one word, but coming from the one voice Usagi thought she would never hear again. She was almost convinced her mind was playing tricks on her. Her heart raced as she slowly turned around.

"Seiya!" she yelled as she ran into is arms. "How..."

"Not yet, Odango. Don't ask yet." He was a little suprised by her running to him like that, but his arms held her and he wished never to let her go. He wiped the tear away from her face. "What's wrong? Is it Mamoru?" He felt his heart ache as he thought of them together and that he was still making her sad. He looked in her deep blue eyes and was suprised at what he saw. He saw love in them when she looked at him.

"No. I was sad because I missed you so much! Are you back for good?"

Seyia looked at her. "Could she really love me?" he thought to himself. "Can we go somewhere to talk?"

"Yes." They started to walk away.

Mako and Minako saw them leave together. "Why is he back?" Mako asked.

"I don't know. Do you think she will leave with him if he asks her?" Minako said worried.

:No. Usagi knows her duties as Moon Princess. She would never." but Mako didn't feel as confident as her words sounded.

"Should we tell the others?" Minako asked.

"No let's leave them alone for now. This may be what Usagi needs. By the way she acted at the park when the others arrived, I am sure she wouldn't appreciate it now."

The two girls walked away, both of their hearts heavy with concern and questions.

All the girls minus Usagi met at the temple. Mamoru was also there.

"Any luck finding her?" Rei asked. Minako and Mako looked at each other. "No" they both said. Luna looked at the two girls. "They know something" she thought to herself. They all talked a little bit about the episode at the park. Rei, Ami and Mamoru had a lot of questions for Minako and Mako, since they were the ones to find her and spoke to her. They didn't want to tell them about Usagi and her feelings about Seiya, especially with Mamoru there, so they just said that she was feeling a little run down by all of the excitement from the past few months. "She just really needs to be alone right now." Minako said.

Everyone decided to go home for the night. Luna walked with Mako and Artemis with Minako. The two cats decided to grill the two girls and meet later to discuss any findings.

"This is about Seiya isn't it?" Luna asked Mako. Mako looked at Luna.

"Oh Luna. I have to tell someone but you must promise not to say anything to the others."

"Ok you have my word."

Mako explained the scene at the park and ended with the scene at the high school. She told Luna how Usagi didn't know they were there.

"Oh dear, I was afraid this would happen. You can't blame her. She was a different person a thousand years ago on the moon. I was always worried that she would fall in love with someone else on Earth."

"But there is Chibiusa and the future has already been told. That can't change can it?"

Mako asked worriedly.

"I am afraid it can. That was before Galaxia came back, and if you didn't notice, no one heard from Chibiusa once the Starlights came into the picture." Luna was walking slowly letting this all sink in.

"But what about Sailor Pluto. She would know this wouldn't she?"

"Yes but she can not reveal it. We will have to trust in Usagi to do what she feels right. If she would be happier with Seyia then I would want her to be with him. I love Usagi, and want for her to be happy. But I do not think she would forget her duties to her people."

"Me either Luna. And I would want her to be happy too."

"Do you know where they have gone?" Luna asked hopefully.

"No I don't" They walked the rest of the way in silence.

Alone in the Three Lights old apartment, two people sat looking at each other. Usagi made some tea and handed a cup to Seiya. She smiled at him and was amazed how it felt to smile at him again. Her Scout communicator sat on the table, and she thanked the Scouts for just letting her be alone now. She looked at Seiya and walked over to him and touched his face. He looked at her suprised by her. He knew he let her know numerous numbers of times, but this is the first time she had ever sent him this kind of signal.

"So what are you doing back?" Usagi asked softly. She wasn't sure how she was going to be now, or who she was going to be with. She was even more frightened over the possibility of Seiya leaving again. "Where are Taiki and Yaten?"

"I came back to talk to you and Taiki and Yaten are on our planet."

"Talk to me? Is something wrong? The Negaverse isn't back are they?"

"No, no Negaverse as far as I know, and yes to talk to you. Ever since I left, I have been miserable missing you. I know it can never be returned but I love you. I had to tell you that so that I can go on." Seiya looked sad as he said the words. He knew a rejection was coming, but he had to let her know.

"Seiya," Usagi said softly and went to him. She looked at him, felt his face and kissed him softly.

"Odango," he looked at her and kissed her again. Neither of them felt anything as powerful as the feeling they were both experiencing. Just then her communicator went off. Usagi looked at Seiya, confused at was what happening, just knowing it felt right. She grabbed her communicator. It was Rei.

"Rei what is it?"

"I am afraid it's bad. Where are you?" Not wanting to reveal Seyia was back (they already decided to keep it between them)

"Don't worry, what's wrong?"

"It's the Negaverse. Someone decided to come back and there is a monster attacking downtown!"

"Ok be right there." Usagi was confused. "It just can't be the Negaverse again. Not now! We just got done fighting!"

"I will go with you." Seiya said.

"No, I don't want the others to know you are here. I will take care of this and be right back. Please stay."

"Odango, please be careful. And I won't leave for the world."

"Moon Eternal Make-Up!"

And with that she transformed and was gone.

She met the others downtown. They were getting beat up pretty badly by an evil looking monster. It was about 7 feet tall, green shaded with 8 arms. It was spitting fire and Usagi decided this was going to be alot tougher than she thought it was going to be.

"Jupiter Oak Evolution!"

"Mercury Aqua Rhapsody!"

"Mars Flame Sniper"

Sailor Moon looked for Sailor Venus and saw that she was already unconscience. "Sailor Venus!" she yelled and ran to her.

"Its about time you showed up!" yelled Mars, "What were you doing?"

"I got here as fast as I could!" yelled Moon back.

None of the attacks were working. The monster was going to finish them all off when a red rose appeared from the sky.

"Tuxedo Kamen!" all the girls yelled in unison.

"Sailor Moon," he said softly, "are you all right?"

A pang of guilt swept over her as she thought about her being with Seiya, kissing Seiya. "I am fine. We have to defeat this monster."

Even with Tuxedo Kamen, the monster was difficult. Then the monster reached out with one of its 8 arms and grabbed Sailor Moon! It started to shake her and was about to finish her off. All the girls were afraid to attack and all of Tuxedo Kaman's roses were doing nothing. Mercury figured if they hit it with an attack in the legs it would release Sailor Moon.

"Guys finish it off! Don't worry about me!" Sailor Moon yelled. But all of the girls were still a little afraid.

"If we don't the monster will finish her off for sure!" Sailor Jupiter yelled.

"Star Serious Laser!"

The monster was hit in the legs and let go of Sailor Moon. Sailor Star Fighter caught her in mid air, and safely laid her on the ground. All of the girls except Jupiter and Venus, who was still unconscience, were shocked. Tuxedo Kamen couldn't believe his eyes.

"Sailor Star Fighter! What are you doing here?" Sailor Mars asked. She had a feeling why and she wasn't sure she wanted to know.

"I will explain later. Sailor Moon do you have enough strength to blast the youma?"

"I will try" She felt very dizzy and weak from her experience. "Silver Moon Crystal Power Kiss!" She felt weak and the last thing she saw was the youma turn back into a human.

"Sailor Moon" Tuxedo Kamen went to her but right before he reached her, Sailor Star Fighter had her in her arms.

"Give her to me!" he yelled. The girls looked at the two rivals, wondering what was going to happen next. They knew if it came down to a war, they would stand by their king. But all the girls wondered who that would be.

Sailor Star Fighter didn't want to hand Sailor Moon over. But she knew now was not the time to have this confrontation. She looked at the injured Sailor Moon. "This is not what she would want." she thought to herself.

Sailor Moon opened her eyes. She looked at Sailor Star Fighter and touched her cheek. "I told you not to come." she whispered.

"Quiet Odango," Sailor Star Fighter said. Tuxedo Kamen stepped forward, upset at the use his name for Usagi. "Save your strength, you know where to find me."

"Yes, I will come to you." Sailor Moon closed her eyes again. Sailor Star Fighter handed her over to Tuxedo Kamen.

"Stay away from her, and stay out of my way if you plan to stay here." Tuxedo Kamen said.

"Why don't we let her decide that." Sailor Star Fighter walked away.

Rei said everyone should meet at the temple right away. They all walked back there in silence.

Ok everyone there is part 1 all completed. And remember this is only a story (I know I am going to upset a few people with this Seiya thing!) *bows* Thanx for reading my story!!