Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Destiny Challenged ❯ Destiny Challenged ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Ok you know the drill but here we go again. Non of these characters belong to me. They belong to a bunch of other people and I am just borrowing them. Maybe I will find out who they belong to exactly so in the next part, I can give them credit.

Hello to everyone! Thanx to making it to part 3! Hope you are enjoying the story so far! As you know by now, this takes place after Sailor Stars, the last series in Sailor Moon and I am somewhat experimenting with the relationship between Seiya and Usagi, but I am not leaving Mamoru out. So I will start part 3!

It was dark, just the way he liked it. He sat in silence while his minions ran around trying to figure out what to do next. He watched this three ring circus and let his mind wander. Like others before him, he had come to Earth to wreak havoc on its inhabitants. But unlike the others, he had no alterior motive. He really didn't care if he ruled Earth or not. The only thing he wanted was the death of the legendary Senshi. Especially Sailor Moon.

"She has defeated all of the others, but she won't defeat me." he thought to himself. He ran his hands through his long black hair, and his dark brown eyes watched the room. He felt he had the best setup. While the rest of the Negaverse, past and present tried to take over, he watched from afar, watching the Sailor Senshi, studing their moves. He knew of Tuxedo Kamen and of the Starlights. He knew of the Outer Senshi, but the one he wanted most was Sailor Moon. He wanted to bring her pain and suffering.

"Their luck has just run out!" He called his first General over. "General Circe!"

A slim, graceful woman stepped out from the crowd.

"Yes sir?" she asked.

"I want you to keep doing what you are doing. Change humans into creatures to draw the scouts out. But your main mission is I want the identities of the Senshi. I want to defeat them as themselves, not soldiers."

"Yes your highness." she replied and was gone.

Usagi walked along the street. "I know Mamoru and Seiya are not going to get along but this can't be like this. I can't choose between them right now! I just can't!" she thought to herself sadly. She thought she was never going to be happy again after Seiya left, but now she felt she could never be happy with both of them here. If Seiya never returned, would she have gotten over him? If Mamoru never came back, would she have forgotten? She didn't think either was likely. She knew the pain would go away. but neither would leave her heart. "Oh, what am I to do?"

"Whats wrong my little kitten?" Haruka said.

"Haruka, Michiru!" Usagi cried.

"You look upset." Michiru noted.

"Yes a little I guess."

"Let's go get some tea and talk." Haruka said and put her arm around Usagi. They started to walk towards the Crown.

The group had dispersed from the Three Lights apartment. Ami was walking with Mako and the girls were talking about the last 2 days.

"You know I think I am glad they returned, even if we don't know for how long." Ami said.

"Yes, we may have had our problems at first but they turned out to be great friends and allies." Mako replied.

"Yes they did. I just wish Mamoru could have been there to see how many times they really helped us out and how many times Seiya has saved Usagi. They both want a common thing. They shouldn't have to fight." Amy noted.

"True, but I think Mamoru was upset that he wasn't there to help her. And remember how long it took us to get the Starlights to trust us? Or even how long it took the Outer Scouts to trust them."

"I think you may be right Mako."

Just then Rei and Minako came running. "Have either of you seen Usagi?" Rei asked with a worried expression.

"No, she probably just went home for the night." Ami said.

"No, we called there and her mom said she wasn't there. And we have looked everywhere for her!" Minako replied. "And with this new enemy running around, I don't think it is safe for her to be alone." she finished.

"Well we will just have to search everywhere for her again. I don't think she is in any danger. She would have communicated one of us if that was the case." Mako said hopefully.

The girls started to look over the town again.

At the Three Lights apartment, the group was speaking of the animosity between Seiya and Mamoru.

"You have to see his point Seiya," Taiki started to say, "I mean he comes back from the dead and you are there. You leave, his girlfriend is upset. You come back and all of a sudden his girlfriend is gone, running around places with you. He has been her main protector for a very long time now, since the beginning even, and then he leaves and you take his spot. If it was you, you would be upset as well."

"Taiki has a good point Seiya. I know how you feel about her, but he feels the same way about her too. I don't think it is a good idea to start fighting with him about this yet. Let Usagi decide what she wants to do. If you guys keep fighting this way, its only going to push her away from both of you." Yaten said.

"I know you both are right. And it is Usagi's decision. I came here to tell her how I felt about her and then I just expected to leave. I never expected for her to care about me like this." Seiya said sadly. "The last thing I would ever want to do is hurt Usagi ever. Not in any way."

Mamoru sat in his apartment thinking to himself. He knew he was hurting Usagi with his jealousy, but he couldn't stand the thought of losing her. He would have to find equal ground with these people, especially Seiya. He knew he would just end up pushing her away if he kept it up. He just couldn't see her in the arms of someone else. "I am just going to have to show her how much she means to me." he thought. Feeling satisfied with his plan, he put on his coat and left his apartment.

At the Crown, Usagi, Haruka and Michiru sat in a booth. She filled them in on all the details from the past two days, leaving out nothing.

Michiru looked at Usagi. "She looks so sad." she thought to herself. "You are just confused right now. You will make a good decision on what to do."

Haruka agreed. "Yes Michiru is right. You shouldn't worry yourself about it." But they all knew that she was going to worry.

"If you could just see them. When they look at each other there is so much anger! I hate to think I am the cause of it!" Usagi said sadly.

"Well they shouldn't be acting like that. As Senshi, everyone has to work together." But she couldn't help remembering her own hostile attitude toward the Starlights when they first came.

"Thats true, and they both, if they really care about you, they wouldn't be acting like they are either." Michiru added.

"But I am the one with the problem! I am supposed to be with Mamoru not running around with Seiya!" Usagi cried.

"Is that what your heart says kitten?" Haruka asked softly. "Many people feel Michiru and I shouldn't be together, that it is wrong for us, but I did what my heart told me to do."

Michiru touched Haruka's hand. "Yes so did I. Your heart will never lie to you Usagi. Just believe in yourself and you will do what is right. We all believe in you, and will stand by you no matter what."

A smile touched Usagi's face. "Thanks guys, you don't know how much that means to me."

The girls stood in the Crown window, watching the group inside. "She is safe." said Ami.

"Yes it is a good thing Haruka and Michiru found her. I don't think it is a good idea for any of us to be alone right now. Not until we find out more." Minako said.

"Yes, Minako is right." agreed Rei.

"Well we should leave. Usagi is safe and looks like she is fine now." suggested Mako.

"Sounds good." said the rest of the girls and headed home.

Circe watched the group at the window. When they started to walk away she came out of the alley way. She had to find a good human to use as bait for the Senshi. She couldn't let King Silver down. She had seen what has happened to others that have. She valued her own life too much for that to happen. "I must find the identity of the Senshi!"

At the Crown, Haruka felt a strange energy. She looked at Michiru and it was evident by the look on her face she did too. "Why don't we go home for the night?" Haruka asked.

"I think thats a good idea." Michiru answered. They wanted to investigate this strange energy but they had to make sure Usagi got home safe first. They walked outside and just when they were about to leave Mamoru called out Usagi's name.

"Mamoru!" Usagi yelled out.

"Can I take you home?" he asked.

"Mamoru, can I talk to you for a second?" Haruka asked. They stepped around the corner. She explained about the energy and told him it would be really important that Usagi get home right away.

"No problem. But if you find anything, let me know." he said.

"Will do and thank you." Haruka replied.

They walked together, Mamoru put his arm around her. She felt the familiar presence and welcomed it. "I am so confused. I know my destiny is with Mamoru..." she decided not to think about it just now. She looked up at him and smiled.

"Mamoru, I am sorry that I yelled and ran out on you earlier." Usagi apologized.

"No need for that. I deserved it. I am sorry for making you feel caught in the middle."

Usagi felt worse after that, she felt like she was betraying him and everyone else for that matter. Then Haruka and Michiru's advice came into her head. "Yes I will listen to my heart."

They reached Usagi's front door. "Usako do me a favor. Please stay inside tonight, ok? Don't leave for anything, and if you do feel you have to call someone first ok?"

"Mamoru whats wrong? Is it something I should know about?" Usagi asked worriedly.

He looked into her face and kissed her. He didn't want to worry her unnecessarily. Haruka didn't even know if it was anything yet. "No, I just want to be sure ok?"

She smiled up at him. "Ok. I will make sure I call if I have to leave."

"I love you Usagi."

"I love you too."

In the Three Lights apartment, Yaten, Taiki and Seiya were still talking. They had checked in with the Princess and found out everything was good there. She told them to stay there as long as their was trouble on Earth and the Senshi appeared to need them. They were discussing what this other could be. Seiya decided he wanted to go for a walk.

He left the apartment and started walking and was almost run down by Haruka and Michiru.

"Hey Seiya! Watch where you are going!" Haruka yelled at him, then smiled. He remembered his first couple of meetings with Haruka were never good, whether he was Seiya or Sailor Star Fighter. He smiled back at her and was happy he finally gained the respect of the Outer Senshi.

"Hello Haruka, Hello Michiru."

"Heard you guys were back in town." Michiru said.

"Yes, well news travels fast. Who told you?" Seiya knew the two sometimes spoke to Mamoru and was curious if he was the one to say something.

"We will have to talk and move at the same time." Haruka said. "we don't have time for a get together right now, unless you want to come with us."

"Ok." The group set out again.

"The person who told us is Usagi." Michiru answered Seiya, and watched his expression. At the mention of her name, his face lit up. Then a worried expression came over it.

"I hope she is not upset now I came back."

"No just the opposite. She is very happy to have you back. Just try not to fight with Mamoru in front of her. I know you guys don't get along, but just try for Usagi's sake." Haruka told him.

Just before he got to answer, Haruka grabbed him and threw him down. They saw a strange looking person trying to corner another. They listened for a little bit to what the female was saying.

"I am General Circe of the Negaverse and in a minute you will belong too!" The other person tried to run in fear.

"Transform!" Haruka said to the other two.

"Neptune Crystal Make-Up!"

"Uranus Crystal Make-Up!"

"Fighter Star Power Make-Up!"

"Sailor Neptune, contact the others!" Haruka yelled.

Sailor Neptune went to call the other scouts. The two remaining jumped out from around the corner.

"You! Stop right there! You creep up on people and try to turn them against their will! For that I cannot forgive you!" Sailor Uranus yelled.

"Ah two of the legendary Sailor Senshi. But where is Sailor Moon?" Circe asked.

Sailor Star Fighter tensed at the mention of her name. "What do you want with Sailor Moon?"

"You will see. But just know the Negaverse will never rest until we have her!" Circe answered.

"Star Serious Laser!" She shot the blast but she jumped by it.

"You will have to do better than that!"

"Well maybe we will!" came a voice from the background. It was Sailor Neptune with Sailor Mars, Jupiter, Venus, and Moon. Also with them was Tuxedo Kamen and the other two Starlights.

"I cannot forgive you for disrupting the peace on this planet!" Sailor Moon yelled.

"Sailor Moon, leave! It's a trap!" Sailor Star Fighter yelled, "The Negaverse wants to capture you!"

All of the scouts surrounded Sailor Moon. "You will never do it while we are around!" Sailor Mars yelled.

"Well then it seems I will just have to get rid of you all, but not tonight! Bye !" and with that Circe was gone.

All the Scouts looked at each other. Sailor Moon was frightened but she couldn't let anyone know how scared she really was. She knew the Negaverse could be really persistent when they want something. But she knew her friends would never let that happen. They transformed back to their regular clothes.

"Tomorrow we will all have to meet to go over all of this. Until then Usagi is not to be left alone under any circumstances. We will all take shifts." Haruka said.

Usagi was going to complain but decided against it. She looked at Seiya who also looked worried.

"Seyia, can you walk Usagi home?" Haruka asked.

"Yes, of course." He took Usagi's arm and they walked away.

Mamoru looked at Haruka with an angry look in his eyes. He walked away but he knew she had a reason for it and wasn't going to question her. "For Usagi's sake." he thought.

On the walk home Seiya looked at Usagi. "I will protect you, you know that."

Usagi looked up at Seiya's caring eyes. "Yes, I know."

"Odango, even if you can never tell me you love me again, I want you to know that I was happy even if you loved me for a minute. I will always love you."

Usagi looked up at him. She kissed him. "Seiya, I love you. I know that. I knew that when you left and you were all I could think about. But I don't know who I will choose right now."

"I understand and I will wait for your answer."

They reached the door and she kissed him goodnight. "Thank you Seiya." she said and went inside.

When she got in her room, she undressed and put on her pajamas. She looked out her window and saw Seiya talking to Taiki and Yaten. She stared at him for a little bit and then he turned and looked at her. They looked at each other for a few seconds and then she shut off her light and went to sleep. She fell asleep thinking of Seiya and how happy she was to have him back in her life.

King Silver was looking at Circe. "So you got them all together at the same time?"

"Yes your Highness. I saw them all."

King Silver thought about this. He didn't think the Starlights would be back, but he didn't feel that it would pose too much of a threat. He was going to get Sailor Moon one way or another.

Okay that is the end of part 3. I have to make a correction. In the disclaimer, I said none of the characters belong to me. Well King Silver and Circe do belong to me. So now that's fixed :)