Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Destiny Challenged ❯ Destiny Challenged ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Ah yes, here we go again. The lovely part where I tell everyone that no, I do not own the characters of Sailor Moon. I do own however, the characters of the Negaverse pertaining to this story. Ok, all done for this part!

Konnichiwa everyone!! Welcome to part 5 of my very first fanfic!! I hope everyone is staying with me for everything so far! Just for a recap this takes place after Sailor Stars, the last season of Sailor Moon! (I hope not the last but so far it is!) Well have fun with the story, and see you at the end!

The four inner remaining scouts and the Outer Scouts, including Hotaru, were in an alleyway. They faced off with Circe. Sailor Uranus looked at Sailor Mars.

"Where is Tuxedo Mask and the Starlights?" she asked.

"We will explain all later," said Mars impatiently.

"What did you do with Usagi?" asked Sailor Jupiter.

"Usagi? Don't you mean Sailor Moon?" Circe replied and laughed.

All the girls gasped. "Bring her back!" demanded Venus.

"It wouldn't matter to me one way or the other what happens to the little twit, but I am working on orders, and so thats what I did. Forget about her, she is in the Negaverse now!" and then Circe left.

"NO!" Mars screamed, "USAGI!" and she fell to the ground as sobs racked her body. "I'm sorry Usagi, I wasn't there to save you, but I will find you and bring you home!" Mars promised.

"Sailor Mercury, do you think you can get a reading on your computer?" Sailor Pluto asked the stunned Mercury.

Mercury just stared at the spot Circe left.

"Sailor Mercury!" Sailor Pluto yelled. "Now is not a time to feel sorry for ourselves! We have a responsibility to save the Princess. We don't know how much time we have so we have to work fast!"

Mercury snapped out of it. "Yes, working on it right now!"

Venus wiped the tears from her eyes, "We mustn't give up hope. Look at all the times we were not around and Usagi never gave up. We can't let her down."

"Venus is right." said Jupiter. "She has saved us and this world many times over, so now it is our turn!"

"So where are the others?" asked Neptune again. All the girls looked at each other.

"Well..." Mars began, "It just so happens..." and then Mars told the Outers everything that they knew.

"Oh god, at a time like this? Why would Mamoru even think of leaving? And Seiya too. Those two are more alike than they think!"

"So what should we do about the crystal?" asked Mars.

"First lets go to the coffee house for a talk." said Sailor Pluto. "Then we will decide our plan of action."

The girls went back to being normal people again and started off in the direction of the coffee house.

Once they got there, they all sat down, secluded from everyone else.

"I told Haruka and Michiru already about the change in time."

"What do you mean?" asked Ami nervously.

"Well everything got changed the minute that the Starlights entered. That was never in the future, to fight Galaxia and meeting them all, in the other time dimension. When Starlights came to Earth and eventually Galaxia with them, it changed the course of time forever." Setsuna said.

"Why didn't you say anything earlier?" asked Rei.

"I had to wait to see what would come out of it. Usagi was never supposed to meet Seiya, and vice versa. I am sure Seiya's time line is under a lot of stress also."

"So you mean its not as much as Galaxia and that battle, but mostly because Seiya met Usagi that is causing the bulk of it?" Mako asked.

"I was just telling Haruka and Michiru when I saw them to prepare themselves for more battles because if Usagi decides to pick Seiya, there will be battles ahead. I wouldn't be suprised if that was the answer. But even so, if she picked Mamoru right now, there would still be some since the fate had already been altered in some degree."

"But what about Chibiusa?" asked Hotaru sadly.

"Well if Seiya was her choice, we would simply forget her. Just as she didn't exist." answered Setsuna, sad she couldn't give her an easier answer.

"So about this crystal..." asked Rei.

Mamoru looked out the plane window. "Usako!" he said. He felt the presence of danger. He started to get out of his seat, but then remembered where he was. "I will just have to wait until we land, and then call." he thought to himself. "I hope if you are in danger that Seiya will protect you until I can get there." he also thought.

Usagi woke up and looked around. She was somewhere dark and she knew it wasn't in a good place. "Where am I?" she asked out loud, scared.

"Ah Serenity you woke up." came a voice from the darkness. "I hope you had a good trip here." said a sarcastic voice.

She tried to stand up. "Who are you?" she asked.

A man stepped out of the darkness. She tried, but couldn't manage to see him clearly.

"You don't remember me? Try harder." he said.

He blasted her with some kind of power and she screamed. Flashbacks started running through her mind of a thousand years ago. A man appeared in many of them. She gasped and stared at the now visible man.

"Silver?" she asked. She remembered the man now. Her mother's closest advisor. She didn't know about his betrayal. Her mother knew of her fondness for the man, and didn't want to hurt her daughter with the information.

"Yes Serenity." he said softly. He was suprised he heard no hatred in the voice.

"Why did you kidnap me and why are you here like this?" she asked. She wondered if Mamoru was mad at her for missing his flight, and where Seiya was. Did any of the Scouts know she was gone?

"Its about time someone filled you in Serenity..." he began, and told her the whole story.

Her eyes filled with tears. "You, Silver? How can you betray us like that?" she asked deeply hurt.

"I loved you. You chose to die with him. You could have lived and been with me!" he yelled and blasted her again, this time not to remember, but to hurt.

"AAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!" she yelled in pain. Somewhere in a plane, on another planet, and in a coffee house, Mamoru, Seiya, and the Scouts all looked up with tears and silently yelled "Usagi!"

A calmness came over the girl. "My friends know, and they will save me." she said softly. Silver just laughed and blasted her one last time before leaving her in the dark.

Seiya jumped from his seat. "Seiya, what is it?" Yaten asked. Just then Princess Fireball appeared. "Fighter," she said. They turned and looked at her and noticed she was crying, but before she could finish a red energy filled the room.

"It's the crystal!" Seiya said. Then a holograph of Rei came into the room. Fireball said she would transport the Scouts to where they were and then they were there.

"Where is Usagi?" Seiya began. He looked at them all. The 8 Scouts all looked terribly upset and he knew whatever it was wasn't good.

"Usagi is gone..." Rei began but couldn't talk anymore. Out of all the scouts, she could feel Usagi's pain the most. She had channeled her energy to Usagi's hoping that would help them out. She collapsed to the ground.

"Rei!" the girls yelled.

"What is going on? What do you mean Usagi is gone!" he screamed.

Mako continued for Rei, "She has been kidnapped by the Negaverse. We can't find her and don't know where to begin."

Yaten and Taiki looked at the Scouts. They took Rei out of Ami's arms and lied her down. She moaned in pain at their touch. They looked at Seiya, and wondered how he was going to react to all this, and the looked at Princess Fireball, who was crying softly.

"I am here only because of her," Fireball began, "and I will give you any resources and whatever you need to return her safe to those who love her." The last part said directly at Seiya.

"I am not sure how much time we have." Setsuna said.

"Seiya, we have come to ask for your help in finding her." Haruka asked.

"That is one thing you never have to ask. I should have been with her, I never should have left her alone." Seiya said, his heart full of sadness and fear. "Where is Mamoru?" he asked.

"He left for America." Mako said. She looked at Ami who was being hugged by Taiki.

"I have to go." Seiya said to Fireball and the other Lights.

"You are not leaving without us." said Taiki and Yaten. "Usagi saved us too before and we owe her this, not to mention she is our friend." Yaten finished.

The 12 people looked at each other and decided to be off. Rei got the strength to stand up and they all stood together waiting for the transport to earth.

"What is wrong with Rei?" Seiya asked Minako softly.

Minako looked at Seiya, afraid to tell him what was truly wrong, but she knew he was going to find out eventually. "She has her energy channeled into Usagi so she will have clues where she is."

"But she doesn't look to good and she looks like she is in a lot of..." Seiya began and then stopped, realizing what Minako was telling him.

"Pain." Mako finished for him.

"Then that means Usagi is..." Seiya started again. "ODANGO!!" he yelled painfully and started to cry.

Haruka put her arm around him. "We will find her Seiya, we will save her. Have faith in us and yourself. Usagi always does." He looked at her and she was suprised by the amount of pain he was feeling.

"I should have been there." he said sadly.

"We all say that, but we can't blame ourselves, thats what the Negaverse wants." Michuru told him.

They all started back to Earth in the hopes of finding Usagi.

Mamoru tried every number. No one was home anywhere. He started to feel worried and was thinking about going home. "I am sure if something is wrong, someone will call." he decided, "I can't go home just because I want to. I made a decision and now I have to live with it." he decided and left the airport for his new school.

They reached Earth and decided to go to Rei's temple. Seiya was very melancholy, and everyone was worried. One thing decided was that if confronted by Circe, no one could give up their identities. They decided that could play right in the hands of the Negaverse plan. When they reached the temple, Ami started working on her computer again. She had the information from before stored in and Taiki joined her to help. She gave him a grateful smile and he put his arm around her. Yaten and Michiru both noticed and smiled. Mako noticed too and smiled when Ami looked over at her. The two started to compare notes and talk softly over possible leads.

Minako tended to Rei who was starting to look better. "Its not looking to good." said Rei softly to her friend.

"It will be ok Rei, we will find her." Minako assured her. The four Outer Scouts transformed and left to search the city for any clues.

"Should we call Mamoru?" Mako asked.

They all looked at each other. They all knew this subject was going to get brought up, and they still didn't know what to do about it.

"We kind of need all the help we can get." Ami noted.

"Why don't we wait until later and see if the others find anything." Rei said. "If nothing looks hopeful then we will call him right away."

"Sounds like a plan." said Yaten. He was hoping if Mamoru did get called there wouldn't be a problem between Seiya and him. The main thing right now would be to find Usagi. He wasn't going to bring up that point right now, though. He would burn that bridge when he came to it.

Usagi tried to reach for her transformation brooch but she realized it was gone! She started to cry. "What am I going to do?" she asked helplessly. Her one hope of saving herself was to transform and escape, but that was not going to happen now. "Oh Seiya!" she cried.

Seiya heard her! He spoke in his head, "Odango?"

Usagi looked around. "Seiya?" she questioned trying to look for him.

"Where are you?" he asked. The others were looking at him and Rei knew something was going on because she felt the strength of love and hope. She was amazed by how strongly she felt the love, and realized she was channeling in on the love Usagi had for Seiya.

"I don't know where I am but I know who he is who did this." she answered.

"Who is he?" Seiya asked.

Just before she could answer, Silver walked in. Rei felt fear.

"What are you doing?" Silver asked.

Usagi looked at him. "My friends will find me." she answered him confidently.

He looked at her angered by her confidence. "So you think it will be that easy huh?" he asked her. She was afraid of what he would do.

"Please Silver, let me go. We can be friends, just like before."

"Just like before? Like where you choose someone else besides me and I have to watch you sacrifice your life just to be with him? No I really don't think I would like that too much." he answered and blasted her again.

Usagi and Rei both yelled at the same time. Seiya screamed out her name. Usagi heard him and the love filled her heart over the pain. She didn't have the energy to talk to him again but the last thing she saw before she blacked out was his face and she heard his voice telling her it was going to be all right again.

Rei looked at Seiya and said, "She really loves you so much Seiya. She wanted to be able to tell you that."

"And she will Rei." said a very determined Seiya, "She will."

The Outer Scouts were searching the city for Circe but had no luck in finding her or any trace of Negaverse interference.

"This may be the smartest enemy yet." commented Sailor Uranus.

"Yes, this enemy knows how to lay low it seems." said Pluto.

"We will find Usagi, won't we?" asked Saturn.

"I hope so," said Neptune, "I hope so for all of our sake."

They all regathered at the temple. The Outer Scouts told the others how they found nothing and the others told them about the incident with Usagi and Seiya. "At least we know she is alive." said Setsuna. They started to discuss their course of action.

"Should we call Mamoru?" Ami asked. They all looked at each other and then Rei's phone rang.

"Hello?" answered Rei weakly.

"Rei? Whats wrong? Why do you sound like that? And where is Usagi? I have been calling everyone for a while now, and no one has answered."

"Rei, who is on the phone?" asked Haruka.

"It's Mamoru," she said and put down the phone, "and he knows that something is wrong."

Mako took the phone away from her and looked around the room. Everyone was looking at her wondering what she was going to do. She looked at Setsuna for advice and she nodded her head.

"Mamoru, there is trouble..." she began.

Well okey dokey there is part 5 all done!! Hope you enjoyed it, and see you in part 6!

Ja ne!!