Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Down A New Path ❯ Chapter Seven ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Down A New Path

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or Harry Potter. They respectively belong to their creators.

Chapter Seven

The next morning, Usagi awoke bright and early. Dreams from the night before completely gone from her mind for now, she felt excited. She couldn't wait to meet the other students that attended Hogwarts. She still hadn't gotten over the shock of magical powers, even if she was a senshi. Grabbing her school robes, she quickly changed into them.

Then she proceeded to wake up Molly. If she didn't, she probably would've gotten lost trying to find the great hall, what with the moving staircases and all. She waited patiently as her red headed friend groggily sat up.

"What is it, Usagi?" asked the sleepy girl, rubbing her eyes.

"Come on! I want to meet the others. You have to tell me who's who. Do they even know that I have temporarily lost my memory?" she asked.

"I really don't think so, but I would suppose that Professor Dumbledore will tell the other professors who will in turn tell the other students."

"Then I guess I'll have to stick with you until I remember everyone. You don't mind do you?"

Molly couldn't help but laugh a little at the sight her golden haired friend made. "I don't mind. Though I can't guarantee that I know everyone. Maybe Hermione can help, too."

"Come one, Molls. You're so slow. Do you think they're here yet?"

"They probably arrived long after we went to bed." Molly climbed out of her warm spot and carefully dressed. Usagi wasn't the only one excited. She herself couldn't wait to see a certain someone. "Can't you see the beds in here have been slept in?" She pointed out to the blonde that the beds had yet to be made by the waiting house elves.

"Oh! I didn't notice that. They must've woken early. I wonder how they operate on such little sleep." That statement earned a bout of laughter form Molly.

A little time afterwards, the two girls were headed out of their room and down into the Slytherin common room. The room was filled with many students, showing that Molly was right in her statement. Many of them said hello to the pair. Some even introduced themselves to Usagi.

"I didn't know they were so nice. I heard from Hermione and the others that they were mean," whispered Usagi cautiously to Molly.

"That's only a certain group of people. Everyone else is really nice, if you are a fellow Slytherin that is. They just tend to stick with their fellow housemates," explained Molly back in the same fashion.

Usagi let out a little oh. The two continued on their way out of the common room but were stopped when a shadow appeared in front of them. Looking up, Usagi saw a boy stand in front of them. He had the lightest shade of blond hair with steely blue eyes. On either side of him stood a large boy with vacant expressions.

"Hello!" greeted the oblivious blonde.

"So, the rumors are true. You have lost your memory." What a way to be blunt, thought Usagi to herself. The guy seemed to give off a cold aura, yet she found him very attractive. Reminding herself of Mamoru, the thought went from her mind.

"I'm sorry, but who are you?" she asked, wondering why Molly wasn't speaking up. She unconsciously brought her hand to the gift that she had received from Harry Potter. It was a beautiful necklace. When she had opened the gift she had demanded that he take back such an expensive gift. In the end, he had persuaded her to keep it.

Draco Malfoy's eyes narrowed at the small action. He raged with anger at the thought of who gave Serenity such a gift. Then thoughts of a certain Gryffindor drifted through his mind.

"Where did you get that?" he growled, pointing to the necklace.

Usagi looked to where his hand was pointed. "This? Why I got it from Harry Potter. He is such a nice boy." Molly elbowed her in the ribs when she said that statement. Usagi turned to look at her silent friend. God, she hated being left in the dark.

"I see."

Usagi stared blankly at the person in front of her. Was this guy confusing or what?

"Who are you?" She was dying to know more about this person in front of her.

"Draco Malfoy. Your boyfriend."

Usagi was shocked to the core. She hadn't been expecting that kind of answer. How could he be her boyfriend? The only one for her was her Mamo-chan. And if anyone here in this place could ever come as close as to being her boyfriend, it wouldn't be him. Something big definitely had occurred in the past months. Something that everyone was hiding from her. Something that she was going to find out.

"You can't be. I…why didn't anyone tell me?" She looked pointedly at Molly.

The red head's face by this time was the same shade as her hair. "Umm…it slipped my mind?"

Malfoy ignored Molly and stepped closer to Usagi. "You shall not wear this any longer. You will take it off immediately."

"I will not. Who are you to tell me what to do?" She was staring at him as if he grew another head. Who did this guy think he was?

"Take it off, or I will do it for you."

Usagi glared at him. She wasn't going to take off such a precious gift, much less have him touch her. She was going to stand her ground. Right now, she barely had any control in her life and she wasn't going to let something else be dictated for her.

Malfoy stared back at the blonde angel in front of him. All during the holidays, he thought of nothing but her. He thought he was going crazy, thinking of nothing but a girl for two whole weeks. When he couldn't get her out of his mind, he decided to get her a gift. It was Christmas anyway. So he scoured the stores in search of the perfect present. Throughout the whole time, he was calling himself a stupid idiot for letting a girl do this to him.

When his parents had questioned his actions, he explained to them who Serenity was. His parents seemed to approve of her and even helped in the process. The question as to why at times entered his head, but he always dismissed it. It was bad enough to be thinking about her but his parents?

Seeing that she wasn't going to take off the necklace, he moved to take it off himself. He wasn't going to have his girlfriend wearing something that Potter had gotten her. Sensing that she had stiffened her body, he found himself whispering in her ear.

Usagi immediately stiffened as he stepped even closer. She fought with herself to push him away, but her body acted otherwise. She heard him whisper in her ear, his breath tickling her ear.

"Don't worry. I won't hurt you. I'll be taking this necklace, but I have a gift to give you in return. I hope you like it," he said quietly in her ear.

Molly stood at her friend's side. She wanted to do something, but by looking at Crabbe and Goyle, she decided tom stay put. Looking around, it seemed as if the entire common room was watching. It seemed that the whole school thought of Usagi as a great source of entertainment. Something exciting always happened around her. Sometimes Molly herself wished that she could have an exciting life like Usagi. But when she thought of it, Usagi's life was a little dangerous to anyone's health.

Malfoy finally got the bothersome necklace off of Usagi's delicate neck. He motioned to Crabbe to take away the necklace, and ordered Goyle to take out a long, thin, black box. Taking it, he handed the box to Usagi.

Usagi seemed to regain control of her body once more, as Malfoy stepped back a few steps. Taking the box, she wondered what was in it. Looking at Molly to decide whether or not to open it, she found that the entire room was totally engrossed at the little exchange.

"Come. You can open it in the great hall. I gather that you must be starving." He took hold of Usagi's arm and walked out of the room, with his two friends following. He could also see that the red head followed.

IIII

The group entered the great hall, where a large amount of students were eating their breakfast. The school had gotten used to seeing Usagi and Malfoy together, but when they heard of her memory loss, they had high hopes that she would stay away from Malfoy. It seemed that another dream of the student body was crushed.

As Malfoy and Usagi walked past the Gryffindor table, Usagi decided to wave at her Gryffindor friends. It had come to her that Draco Malfoy had a great dislike for anyone outside of Slytherin, but his hatred for the Gryffindor house was greater.

Hermione silently watched as Usagi waved to them as she walked by with Malfoy guiding her. Harry felt himself rage with jealously. He couldn't believe that Malfoy was still taking advantage of Usagi, even though she had amnesia. During the remaining days of the holiday, he had felt himself grow closer with Usagi.

Malfoy just smirked as he saw the reaction he wanted from Potter. He silently thought to himself that the angel next to him was his and no one else's.

IIII

The rest of the day passed by in this fashion. Malfoy was never far away from Usagi. He was guarding her like she was his to own. Usagi was glad when she found herself in her warm and cozy bed.

The day had been interesting to say the least. When she had opened up the black box at the breakfast table, she found a beautiful charm bracelet inside. The chain was pure silver with sparkling jewels and charms adorning it. It was more beautiful than her necklace that Malfoy had taken away. She wondered how a person as cold as Malfoy knew exactly what to get her.

She knew that protesting the gift would get her nowhere, so she silently took it. Feeling gratitude for him getting her something, she gave him a kiss on the cheek. It was the most she could do. And for the whole day, she let him stay near her. Though she wasn't planning to spend the rest of days here at Hogwarts like today.

She soon felt herself drifting to sleep. This time there were no dreams to be had.

IIII

Several weeks passed by. Spring was almost here and Usagi felt no closer to regaining her lost memory. If only someone would tell her. It was her memories after all. She should be told, but no, she was kept in the dark, her friends, family, and even Luna kept it from her.

Today, Usagi spent it outside with Diana. At least the kitten wasn't keeping anything from her. She had nothing to say anyways. Sitting outside on the grass with the wind blowing in her face made her feel at peace. Her personal life was totally chaotic. Not only couldn't she remember anything, she was having boy problems too.

Harry was such a nice person. She loved the times that she spent with him, even if they were all interrupted by Malfoy, her boyfriend. Speaking of him, she had found herself being attracted to him too. Now she was in a big mess. She loved and had a future with Mamoru. How could she betray him and fall for two, not one but two, guys.

She groaned silently. She really hated her life. Those weren't her only problems either. Luna had hinted to her that an enemy, Lord Voldemort, was growing and preparing to attack.

So many problems were there in her life. If only she could get away and have sometime for herself. She really missed the girls. She hoped that they were faring well. The last time she had heard from them was her dream weeks ago. Come to think of it, why did they appear to her in a dream? Why didn't they send a letter or show up themselves. They said that they were kept in Tokyo because of the youmas but surely they had some breaks. Why did they never contact her? It wasn't like them at all to be like this. The only reasonable explanation was they were dead, which she shuddered at the thought, or a new enemy was attacking them.

She really wished she could return home to familiar surroundings. Suddenly she felt a flash of memories pour into her. Scenes of a deadly battle against the ultimate evil. She saw herself covered with blood, crying over dead bodies. Then scenes of her coming to Hogwarts. Everything from the past months suddenly came back to her.

Horrid memories they were. Streams of tear were rolling down her cheeks. Diana asked Usagi what was wrong. Usagi ignored the kitten. This was the reason everyone wasn't willing to let her in on their secrets.

They thought, knew, that she was going to break down. What they didn't know was that her having her memories was the key to beating the enemy that lurked in the shadows. Dark Shadow wasn't the real enemy, but Voldemort was. And she knew that soon that she was going to have to choose between her father and everyone else.

The tears kept falling. Falling for the death of her senshi, the death of her love, the death of Crystal Tokyo. Everything she knew was gone. She had come here to Hogwarts because her mother said that a new future would be waiting here for her. Now she realized that her future was never going to change. No matter what path she took, she would wind up in the same place.

Everything and everyone that she cared for would be in danger. Right now, she wished that she could be a normal person. Really wished for a plain and boring life. But she knew better. That was what hurt the most. She knew better than to wish for a normal life.

Getting up, she headed inside, with Diana in her arms. She was going to get everything over with. No more crying. If she was destined to be alone forever, she would do it bravely. She would take revenge on her senshi's death. It didn't matter who now, all evil was the same to her. They all came after her because she was the thing that stood in their way to ruling the world.

She was going to end the world if it came to that because she was tired of living in a world where evil was constant. She couldn't keep it up. She died too many times. She relived too many moments in life.

Drying her tears, she braved her fears. Evil was going down. They picked the wrong girl to wage a war against.