Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Down A New Path ❯ Chapter Six ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Down A New Path

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or Harry Potter. They respectively belong to Naoko Takeuchi and J.K. Rowlings.

Chapter Six

IIII

Serenity let out a slight groan as she opened up her eyelids. They felt so heavy; she had to will herself to open them. Then, the bright light was hurting her eyes, which were unused to the light since it had been closed for three nights. As she adjusted herself, she noticed that she was in a strange and unfamiliar place. She wondered where on earth she was.

The strangest thing was that she couldn't remember a thing. The last thing that she remembered was her Mamo-chan leaving to go to Harvard, and the girls and herself getting ready for a new school year. She remembered that everything had been peaceful, but that didn't tell her why she was where she currently was at the moment.

Looking around fervently, she heard a small bell chime. That sounded very familiar to her ears. Finally, she spotted the source. It was Diana, Luna and Artemis's kitten. She was glad to find something that was familiar to her. Beckoning to the gray kitten, she was delighted to have Diana run towards her outstretched arms.

"Hello there, Diana!" she greeted in a quiet voice. Ignoring her surroundings, she felt a wave of happiness overcome her. For a moment, she had thought that she was in enemy territory, but the energy vibrating off the place held no intentions of evil doings.

"Hello, Your Majesty."

Serenity ran her hand along Diana's smooth fur. "How many times do I have to tell you? Please call me Usagi."

"Sorry …Usagi-san," murmured the gray kitten.

Usagi let out a small laugh. "Do you happen to know where we are, Diana? This place seems unfamiliar to me."

"We are in England. To be precise, we are at Hogwarts, a school of witchcraft and wizardry."

Usagi looked puzzled for a moment. The name sounded a bit familiar to her, but she couldn't put a finger on it. Before she could ask any more questions though, she saw a woman enter the room. The dark haired woman had the white moon insignia on her forehead, telling Usagi that she meant no harm.

"Luna?! Is that really you? What in Selene's name are you doing in your human form?" shot the golden haired angel from her position on the bed.

"It seems that I have a lot to explain to you. First of all, I am really glad and overjoyed that you have finally awakened. You had us all worried for days," said the divination professor, totally confusing Usagi.

"What are you talking about? Where are the other senshi?"

Luna looked down at the floor. She wondered what to say to her princess. It was quite obvious that she didn't remember a single thing that had happened since the time she came to Hogwarts.

Luna looked up and decided to face her princess. "Before I can do you justice by answering your questions, it is very important that you tell me the last thing you remember."

Usagi told her guardian that she had only remembered up to the day before her sweet Mamo-chan left for the United States.

Luna knew that she had a major problem on her hands. During the days that Serenity was out, messages had been found all over Hogwarts. Messages that threatened all the lives that was associated with her princess. Though they didn't know who it was exactly that sent the creepy messages, everyone pointed fingers at the evil Lord Voldemort.

They needed Serenity back to help defeat the evil lord. If she didn't remember a single thing that happen from the time that Galaxia attack Tokyo to the time she defeated Dark Shadow, everything would go downhill. Serenity would not remember the power that she had acquired over the time, and without them she would not be in caliber with Voldemort.

Usagi watched as Luna was silent for a very long time. She tried to guess at what was going through the woman's head at the moment.

"Ser-Usagi, you are currently stationed at Hogwarts, one of the safest place that you can be on Earth," started Luna.

"I know that much from Diana," spoke up the teen, indicating the kitten in her lap. Diana had fallen asleep during their exchange of words.

"There is more to the story. I suppose the first thing is that you want to know why you are here at Hogwarts."

At Usagi's nod, Luna continued. "Well, do you happen to remember an uncle that goes by the name Severus Snape? Or a grandfather named Albus Dumbledore?"

Usagi paused and racked her brains for a moment. She remembered vaguely hearing about such people, but at the time she heard of them, she dismissed their names, thinking they were not of importance to her.

"Their name has a familiar ring to it," she answered slowly.

"Yes, well they are professors at this school. Your grandfather happens to be the headmaster, and your uncle is the potions' professor. I also teach here. I teach divination."

"Really?! What is that?"

"Never mind that for now. We have more pressing matters to attend to. You came here to Hogwarts to fight off an evil, which you successfully completed," Luna stopped in her explanation for a moment, deciding whether or not she should tell Usagi the whole truth. Coming to a conclusion, she finished off by saying, "During the time that you have been here at Hogwarts, you have made many friends. A recent circumstance rendered you with amnesia though. It seemed that someone had been careless with their magical practices, and you happened to be the recipient of the consequences. That's why you have been resting here in the infirmary."

Usagi seemed to take in what Luna said as the truth, knowing no other facts to make her doubt what Luna just told her.

"But it seems so quiet around here," observed Usagi.

"That's because most everyone left for home. It is the Christmas holidays. They should return in four or five days. That you give you a good enough time to reacquaint yourself with all the ins and outs of Hogwarts. Of course your new friends will guide you."

"You mean that they are here? They didn't go back to their families and homes?" asked the curious girl.

Luna nodded. "I suppose you would like to know their names and what they look like before you meet them. This way it will save both you and your friends the embarrassment. There is Hermione Granger. She has bushy, brown hair and brown eyes. She is a very smart girl, somewhat like Ami and Rei, smart and yet a bit hot tempered. Then there is Molly Baker. She has shoulder length hair that is an auburn color with huge, blue eyes. There is a very sweet girl for you.

"Of course there is also Harry Potter, somewhat a famous person around here. He has brown hair and green eyes with glasses and a lightning scar on his forehead. And his best friend is Ron Weasley. He has bright red hair. That's about all I can say, you will have to ask your friends for more information about themselves."

Usagi nodded, absorbing the information rapidly. Somehow, she felt that she had changed tremendously. She wondered how much time had past since her earliest memory. She voiced her question aloud to Luna.

"Well, about a year, give or take a couple of months."

Usagi was shocked. Her theory about her changing was correct, but she wondered how much she had changed. More importantly, how much the world around her had changed? Luna had said that she had defeated an evil named Dark Shadow but was that her only foe in the past year? And what about the senshi? She wondered why they weren't there with her.

The only way to answer her many questions were through her memories, but she couldn't remember a single thing. She would have to try to remember everything as soon as possible. There was a nagging feeling inside of her, and she knew from experience that ignoring her woman's intuition was a deadly move.

While she was pondering and sorting her scattered thoughts and memories, Luna watched the young girl who had been through so much in just a year. Somehow the dark haired Lunarian was glad that Usagi could remember none of the pain that she had suffered. Her inner voice wouldn't let her rest in peace though. It kept telling her that when Usagi finally regained all of her memories, all the pain and suffering would hit the blonde hard.

While the two friends were thinking about their thoughts, Madam Pomfrey entered the room.

"Ahh, my dear Serenity, you are finally awake. How are you feeling? Any injuries that are still left unhealed?" asked the newcomer.

Usagi looked up at Luna for help. "She is fine, Poppy. But right now, would you mind calling her Usagi?"

The nurse nodded her consent. "Well, should I notify the headmaster and Severus?"

Luna looked at Usagi, asking the girl through eye contact if she was up for visitors. Usagi nodded her head. She wanted to meet her grandfather and uncle. She wondered how exactly she was related to them.

"Okay then. I will go and fetch them then."

"Wait," spoke the bedded patient. "Is there any way I can leave and change into something more comfortable?"

The nurse nodded. "Of course. It must have slipped my mind. I will call for a house elf to get your friends. They will bring you to your room so you can change. I will tell the headmaster and professor to meet you in your common room."

"I'll bring my charge to her friends. Never mind the house elves," said Luna, looking at the nurse pointedly.

IIII

Luna delivered Usagi into the hands of her worried friends. Now the trio was in Usagi's and Molly's room in the Slytherin section of the school.

"I can't believe that you are okay. What happened to you that day was awful!" said Hermione.

Usagi nodded at the words that Hermione said. When Usagi saw the two girls, she could see that they could be great friends. At first, conversation was sparse between them. Then Usagi burst into her old self, feeling completely normal around them. The girls had gone through Usagi's wardrobe, looking for something the blonde could wear. After that the two girls decided to do Usagi's hair.

Throughout the whole process, the girls chatted, completely forgetting that Usagi had temporary amnesia. Then Molly carelessly said something that stopped the whole flow of conversation.

"It still amazes me that you've been through so much as Sailor Moon. I mean losing your fri--," said the red head, before Hermione elbowed her.

"Don't mind Molly. She doesn't know what she's saying. Come on, let's go downstairs. I bet that the headmaster and Snape are already there waiting for you, Usa," said Hermione, trying to smooth things over.

Usagi stared at her two friends. They seemed to know things that could help her feel in the blanks in her memory bank. She decided that she would question Molly later, seeing that the two roomed together while Hermione roomed elsewhere.

To try not to have any awkwardness between them, Usagi changed the subject.

"I was wondering if you could tell me how Professor Dumbledore and Professor Snape are related to me. I want to make sure that I don't hurt their feelings tonight. I mean I know that they are my grandfather and uncle, but how?"

Hermione and Molly let go of the breath that they didn't know they were holding. They almost thought that for a moment there, Usagi would question them on her past year. Luna had told them to not tell Usagi under any circumstances. Usagi would have to remember for herself, and it would be easier for her to not know about the deaths of her dear friends.

"Well, from what you told us, Dumbledore was your mother's father," replied Hermione.

"Which mother?"

"Queen Serenity," said Molly.

Usagi nodded. "And my Uncle Severus?"

"I believe that his sister married your father's brother. You guys are only related through marriage though, but you seemed to consider him as a father," supplied Hermione.

"Thank you. You two are great friends. I believe that we should head on down now."

The trio left the room with their friendship mended no strain on it.

IIII

Over the next couple of days, Usagi familiarized herself with Hogwarts and the occupants. She now felt as close as ever to her male relations. She managed to have a few more gaps in her memory filled.

Now, the teens that remained over the holidays all dined together in the Great Hall. It would be their last day together. The next day, everyone would return from their holiday and classes would resume as usual. Hermione and Molly filled Usagi in on her schedule. Molly had every class with her, while Hermione only took three classes with her.

Usagi resumed her old habits of scarfing down her food, which was shown during the lunch. Molly and Hermione laughed and lightly teased her at her eating antics. She tried her best to eat slower so she wouldn't embarrass herself in front of Harry Potter. Usagi found him attractive and couldn't help but like the guy.

After lunch was over, Harry asked her to take a walk around the grounds for it was a beautiful day outside. Usagi happily accepted for she had never seen the outside, or more accurately she didn't remember seeing the grounds. As the two left, Usagi turned around and saw that her two friends had huge grins on their faces.

She ignored it and paid attention to the scenery. Thoughts of what had taken place the previous days filled her minds. It seemed that she brushed of the fact that she had amnesia very easily. Was it because she had been through more than the normal teen? Somehow, she felt that Luna didn't want her to regain her memory any time soon. She wondered why. And lately, she had been getting dreams every night. She wondered if the dreams were actually memories coming back to her. She wasn't sure, but she when she woke up, she wrote down what happened in her dreams to keep herself from forgetting.

A waving hand brought her back to reality. It seemed that she had been shamelessly ignoring her companion. She blushed and apologized to Harry.

"I'm so sorry. I guess everything that's happened in the last couple of days has gotten to me. What were you saying?"

"I was just asking you if you wanted to visit Hagrid. Do you remember who he is?" Harry asked cautiously.

"I remember Hermione telling me that he teaches Care of Magical Creatures. Is he the one with a cabin out here?"

At Harry's nodded, Usagi replied by saying, "I'd love to. He sounds like a great person. How close was I to Hagrid before I forgot everything?"

"I would say that you were one of the first Slytherins that he has ever taking a liking to, Usagi."

"That's a good thing to hear," let out the blonde. She grabbed Harry's wrist and pulled him towards Hagrid's cabin. Usagi knew that it had to belong to the half giant since it was the only one that she had seen.

"Whoa, slow down Usagi. Before we go inside," began Harry as they stopped in front of Hagrid's door, "I must warn you to not eat anything he offers you. Maybe a drink but his cakes are as hard as a rock!"

"Oh, I'm glad you told me," said Usagi. Suddenly the door swung opened.

"Ahh, its g'to sees ya, Har'y. And you too Ser'nity. I hope you feel bet'r," said the tall man.

IIII

Usagi flopped down onto her bed, which was a couple of beds away from Molly. Usagi let out a big sigh. Tomorrow, all of the students would return back to Hogwarts. She knew that tonight was the last night of peace and quiet.

"I'm gonna miss the peace in here tomorrow, Molls."

"I know what you mean, Usa," replied the red head a couple of beds away.

"I really wish I could remember what happened to me in the past year. Can't you tell me something? I have this nagging feeling inside of me. It feels as if a part of me is closed off. A part that has been added to me over the year."

"I'm sorry, Usa, but I promised Luna to not tell you. I will say this though. You have been through a lot of things over the past year. A lot of things that would never have happened to someone like me, but you endured it all, pain and joy. I admire you for that."

Usagi shifted in her bed. 'Does this mean that over the last year I fought with another enemy?'

"Good night, Usa," called out Molly when she heard no response from her blonde friend.

"Good night, Molls."

Usagi laid awake long after Molly fell asleep. Soon enough, sleep claimed her and her dreams came to her once again. This time, the dream was a different kind.

Dream Sequence

Usagi found herself surrounded by a white mist once more. This felt very familiar to the girl. Then out of the mist, she could see four figures walking towards her. As they approached closer, she found them to be her Inner Senshi. She was elated to see the four. It seemed so long since she had laid eyes on her friends.

"Hello, Usa-chan," greeted Ami.

"Hey, Odango-atama," said Rei.

"What's up Usa?" said Makoto and Minako at the same time.

"Ami-chan! Rei-chan! Mako-chan! Minako-chan! I'm so happy to see you guys," greeted the overjoyed bunny.

"So are we," said Minako.

The five friends all formed a group hug. It had been so long since the four girls had seen their princess. After they finished with their greetings, the four girls sobered up completely.

"Usa-chan, we are here to inform you of an upcoming evil. One that you will have to fight without us by your side," said Ami.

"But we will always be there with you in spirit," added Minako.

"What do you mean?" asked the puzzled Usagi.

"Of course, we forgot. We meant that we can't come to Englandto help you. We are needed in Tokyo," supplied Rei, shooting Minako a death glare.

"We want you to train hard and try your best to regain your memory. Remember that we will always love you, Usa. We have faith in you," said Makoto.

The girls started to retreat back into the mist. Usagi shot her hand out to grab the nearest person, which happened to be Rei.

"Please don't leave yet. I miss you guys," cried Usagi.

"Don't worry about us. Just remember that we are always with you." With those final words, the four girls disappeared and left Usagi on her on.

End Dream

Usagi shot up in her bed. Her body was covered with sweat. Her thoughts went back over her dream. It had been so long since she had seen her four friends. Though she knew that they were keeping a major fact from her. Just like everyone else was here at Hogwarts.

'Why is everyone trying to keep me in the dark? Remind myself to never lose my memory in the midst of something important. Things were just like this in the Silver Millennium. I wish people would trust in me more!'