Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Down A New Path ❯ Chapter Five ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Down A New Path

Chapter Five

Disclaimer: I do not in any ways possible own Sailor Moon or Harry Potter.

IIII

The three beauties carefully walked toward their dates, which were waiting with astonished looks. Luna had really outdone herself. The girls took the arms of their respective dates. Molly was with Melvin, the geeky Ravenclaw. Hermione was with a blushing Ron. And Serenity was with Malfoy. The couples slowly made their way to the Great Hall. When they entered, a slow song was playing. Serenity watched as Molly and Melvin headed over to the dance floor, Hermione and Ron following suit.

"May I have this dance?" asked Malfoy, holding out his hand. He was sure acting nice tonight. Serenity told herself to be on guard. Anything was possible when you were with a Malfoy. Serenity accepted his offer and took hold of his hand. He gently led her to the center of the dance floor and brought her close to him, one arm around her waist and the other was holding her right hand.

Serenity found herself enjoying Malfoy's company. Maybe she was wrong and he deserved a second chance. Nevertheless, Serenity was enjoying the night. She danced two more rounds with him before the two stopped for a drink. Serenity looked around to see where Hermione and Molly were at. Molly was still dancing with her date, but Hermione was also taking a break. She excused herself from Malfoy as she made her way over to the brunette.

"How's your night faring so far?" she asked the Gryffindor.

"Great! Yours?"

"It's going fine. Malfoy is acting so nice to me. I'm thinking about giving him a second chance."

"You are? I don't know how I could forgive someone that blackmailed me like he did you," retorted Hermione, disliking Malfoy.

"Everyone has some good in them. You just need to give him a chance," said Serenity.

"Sere, you're too nice."

"I know," she said, biting her lip. Her gentle nature had caused her to lose her friends. This time around she would make sure that none of her friends got hurt. She was stronger this time. She needed to be to avenge the deaths of her senshi.

Hermione saw the look of pain in Serenity's eyes. She quickly changed the subject. "Molly looks like she's having a great time with Melvin," she commented.

"They look like a happy couple. I still won't know why Molly likes someone like him," said Serenity, the sadness leaving her eyes.

The song that had been playing came to and end. Malfoy walked up to her once more to ask for another dance. She let him pull her back to the dance floor once more. This song happened to be another slow one. Serenity felt herself enjoying the feel of her cheek against his chest. She found herself blushing at the thought.

"You look beautiful tonight, Serenity," he whispered into her hair. He tightened his hold on her just a little more. He had grown to like this blonde angel in his arms. She brought the light into his darkness. What scared him was her goodness. He never thought that someone like her could be sorted into a house like Slytherin but he was glad. He had seen her angry side before and that wasn't a good sight. He couldn't explain the feeling but he never wanted to see his Serenity in the arms of another.

"Do you think he'll attack tonight?" asked Serenity quietly, looking over to the spot where Professor Dashow was standing.

"Who knows?"

"I hope he doesn't. Tonight is such a peaceful night," she whispered into his chest.

Malfoy wished that this moment could last forever. He could see himself with her forever. He would make sure that she would be his forever; he was never going to let her leave his side. Never.

Unfortunately for him, the song ended and a fast paced song was playing in its place. A fellow Slytherin came up to them to ask Serenity for the dance. Serenity looked at Malfoy with those large blue eyes he loved look at because they held so much innocence. Grudgingly, he let the boy dance with her.

Serenity missed the warm arms that had previously been wrapped around her. She had to admit that Malfoy was cute and she did like him, just a little. She shoved all thoughts of Malfoy out of her head and focused on new dance partner.

The night was uneventful. There were no interruptions, for which Serenity was glad. Her eyes every now and thing trailing to Dashow. There was a small break from dancing so Serenity decided to spend it with Molly and Hermione. She didn't have a chance to talk to them since the beginning of the dance for after the Slytherin guy, practically every guy in the room wanted to dance with her. Now her feet were sore because her last dance partner wasn't that good at dancing.

"Hey you guys!" she greeted cheerfully.

"I haven't been able to talk to you all night, Sere," said Molly.

"Sorry, but people just started coming up and dancing with me. That last guy wasn't so graceful," she remarked.

"We saw the way he was stepping on your feet. Do they hurt?" asked Hermione.

"What do you think?" she retorted.

"They must really hurt then."

"How was your night with Melvin?" asked Serenity.

Molly gave a small blush. Hermione and Serenity both exchanged knowing looks. Serenity gave a big grin and looked at the red head. She guessed that something had happened between Melvin and her. She was about to open her mouth and voice her question. But before she could, Malfoy ran over to her in a hurry. Serenity could say that she had never seen him this way before.

"Dashow just left," were the words that exited his mouth.

Serenity craned her head to look at the spot where she had last seen the professor. Malfoy was right, Dashow was there any more. 'This must mean that he's going to attack tonight.' she thought to herself. She felt her neck for the pendant that Luna had given her to wear for emergencies such as these. Feeling her neck, she found that she wasn't wearing it, but in its place was a regular necklace. 'How could I be so careless?!' she mentally groaned.

"Someone find Luna quickly, we need her help," she said, moving towards the exit of the Great Hall. Before she could go any further, she felt Malfoy pull her arm. She turned around to face him, impatience showing clearly on her face. She really couldn't afford to spend anymore time here. Not when the lives of so many people were on the line. She wouldn't let her friends down as she had last time. This time she was stronger and she was ready to kick some ass.

"What?" she let out angrily, looking back at the doors of the Great Hall.

"You aren't just gonna go and try to defeat this guy all by yourself are you?" he asked, his face showing an emotion she thought he didn't possess.

"I have to. For the sake of everyone's lives. This is my duty. My destiny," she said, as she freed her arm from his strong grip. She headed quickly over to the doors and disappeared. Malfoy let out a low growl. He turned to look at the Gryffindor. Molly had left to go fetch Luna for Hermione would die before she'd reached the North Tower. He found Hermione staring at him.

"What?" he asked her angrily. He received no answer from the girl, so he made a move to turn and leave. He wasn't about to stay and chat with a filthy mudblood, even if he would die in just a few matter of minutes. He may be turning soft, but he wasn't about to lower himself to a level of being friends with a mudblood.

"If you really care for her, tell her. If you don't, I'd advise you to leave her the hell alone," came the icy response.

Malfoy stopped in his tracks at her icy words, but he made no motion to turn around. "Whatever my feelings are, they are of no matter to someone like you." With those words, he resumed his departure. Hermione felt her angry rise at his harsh words. 'How dare he say that this is none of my business! Serenity is my friend, and I will not allow her to be hurt by someone as cruel as he is.'

Hermione was about to stomp off, but she heard Harry and Ron approach her. She composed her self and turned to look at her two friends. As of late, she had completely ignored them. She had been to busy focusing on helping Serenity defeat Dark Shadow, or better known as Professor Dashow. Though to her, something didn't seem right that they found out so early in the game who their enemy was. She had plenty of experience with helping Harry defeat the Dark Lord. Thinking of him, Hermione found her self questioning if he wasn't behind this whole thing. He had been to quiet this year.

"Long time no see Hermione," said Harry.

"Yeah, I thought you were supposed to be my date," commented Ron.

"I'm sorry you guys. I've just been busy lately," she apologized.

IIII

Molly picked up the hem of her dress and she ran up the long, winding stairs to the North Tower. Silently, she cursed herself for being so foolish to run up the stairs. She also cursed that Luna had chosen to go back to her rooms, saying that she had forgotten something. She hoped that whatever it was, it was really important. 'It's for the good of the school. I must tell Luna. She's the only one that can help Serenity.' Behind her, Melvin was panting loudly as he followed her up the stairs. When he saw her leaving the Great Hall, he followed her. She had no choice but to let him come with her for he would not hear of her wandering around the school alone at such a late time in the night.

Molly paused briefly as the staircases moved and changed. She tapped her foot impatiently as another set of stairs connected with the ones that Melvin and she were standing on. Then she continued on her long trek to the North Tower. Every now and then, she stopped to wait for the stairs to stop moving. And she would always have to turn around and tell Melvin to stop breathing so loudly.

Soon she saw that she was nearing the entrance to the North Tower. Glad at last that she almost reached her destination, she put all her energy into running as fast as she could to tell Luna of Dark Shadow's intentions.

IIII

Back in the Great Hall, loud music was jamming throughout the rooms without the help of speakers. The students were thoroughly enjoying their Christmas dance. The next day they would be on the train home to enjoy the rest of their break. The students dance vigorously to the sound of music. They were completely oblivious to what was going to happen next, save two students and a couple of professors.

A loud crash was heard as the doors to the Great Hall were slammed opened. A great gust of wind blew fervently at the students. The loud music had stopped, and the students were frozen to their spots. Dumbledore quickly told the other professors to take the students and moved them to their dormitories. The professors quickly moved about to it, except for Snape.

A man clad in all black stepped into the Great Hall, watching the students hurrying to leave the Hall from, but he was now blocking their only way out. The man moved closer to the students to reveal his face. The whole of the hall gasped at finding out that the mysterious intruder was only their professors.

"Where were you all going in such a hurry? The fun has only begun," he roared out, as many youmas appeared in the Great Hall. Some of the students cried out in shock at seeing similar monsters to the ones that the mysterious warrior had defeated. The professors quickly pulled out their wands and began muttering spells and curses. Some of the more experienced seventh years also joined in. The house prefects quickly motioned for their houses to move back from the youmas.

"Is that all you silly witches and wizards can do?" he asked mockingly. His eyes roamed along the crowd of students searching for someone.

"Ahh, the famous Potter boy! I've heard so much about you from your dear friend, Voldemort," he said.

"Who are you?" asked Harry, pulling out his wand to defend himself.

"You don't know? Well, allow me to introduce myself then. I am Dark Shadow, part of Chaos. I will take over this universe and rule it. First, I would love to have your precious little energy to help me succeed."

"And allow me to introduce myself," boomed a voice from behind Dark Shadow. All heads turned to look at the late comer. It was the mysterious warrior from before. She was standing there dressed in her earlier outfit, with her staff in hand. She had a regal and powerful look on her face.

"Ahh! Lovely for you to join us, Sailor Cosmos!" greeted Shadow.

"I will destroy you, just as I destroyed the rest of you. For I am the protector of this galaxy, and it is my duty to rid it of all evil."

"Are you sure of that? Last time you said that, all of your senshis died. All of them, including your precious lover. Why not join be and rule by my side? I'm sure you would make a great queen."

"Never! I would never join the side of evil. I will defeat you. This is your last day here in this galaxy," she yelled fiercely.

"Oh really. And how will you accomplish that. Face it, you are weak."

"You are only a part of Chaos, therefore not as strong as the whole Chaos."

"That is what you think, dear princess." He walked up to her and held her chin. She slapped his hands away. He backed away and revealed to her the scene behind them. While they had been conversing, the youmas had managed to gain energy from random students. The professors were drained of their powers. And to her horror, her friends were struggling within the grasp of the youmas. All of them, Hermione, Harry, Ron, and Malfoy. At that moment, Luna, Molly, Melvin, and Diana burst into the hall.

"Ah! More victims!" let out Shadow.

"Luna," yelled Cosmos.

"Here take this," she said, running up to the warrior and placing a tiny, warm ball in her hand. Cosmos looked the foreign object. Then she looked at Luna with a puzzled face, clearly saying, 'What the hell is this?'

"You will know when the time comes for when you need it," she said, not helping her in anyway.

"If I may, nothing can help you now. If you don't surrender, your friends will be gone. Do you want to see that happen again?" he taunted evilly.

"Forget about us and save the others," yelled Hermione.

Cosmos looked at Hermione. Then she looked at the others, being held tightly by the youmas. She turned her head to look at Luna and the other three, who were slowly being surrounded by the remaining youmas. Then she looked over to her grandfather and uncle. Their faces were blank. She glanced at the fearful students. She had a choice to make. It was either the few friends she had made, or the rest of the school. She looked down at the tiny object in her hand. Then she looked up and faced Dark Shadow.

It had come down to this again. Either she could save her friends or save the rest of the world. Her friends had sacrificed themselves to help save the worlds. She wasn't going to let their death go to waste. She would make sure that peace would reign throughout the whole solar system. And now, her new friends were willing to sacrifice themselves to save the others. Serenity would let anyone get hurt this time around. She felt the tiny, yet powerful object in her hands vibrate.

"The battle has yet to begun, Dark Shadow. I would say that it would be unfair for you to have a head start. I haven't gotten my chance to fight yet," said Cosmos.

"Go ahead, Sailor Cosmos. I want to see what you can do. Then we will battle," said the man, smirking. Something was up his sleeves, and Cosmos knew that she would have to be careful. She watched as he left to stand near one of the walls in the Great Hall.

With him out of the way, all of the youmas made their way towards her. She let out a deep sigh before she got ready to charge at them, her cape swishing and swooshing at the different motions she was going through.

'Mars Flame Sniper!' she called out in her head, a bow and arrow of fire growing in her outstretched hands. The attack stopped a few of the youmas, but more came to fight her.

'Jupiter Oak Evolution!'

'NeptuneDeep Submerge!'

'Uranus World Shaking!' She grimaced when she saw the damaged done, but she smiled when she saw that a quarter of the youmas had been wiped out. And she hadn't even broken a sweat, she was only warming up. Along with the senshis powers, she had a boost of energy, but she knew that she would be dead exhausted later. Now, she was only focused on destroying the youmas and saving the world.

'Mercury Aqua Rhapsody!'

'Pluto Dead Scream!'

'Saturn Silence Glaive!'

'Venus Love and Beauty Shock!'

'Mars Celestial Fireball Surround!'

She let out a little breath. Only a third of the youmas now remained. She glanced over at Dark Shadow warily. He was just standing there with a grin plastered on his face.

'Shine Aqua Illusion!'

'Supreme Thunder Crash!'

'Pluto Chronus Typhoon!'

'Venus Love Chain Encircle!'

'Venus CrescentBeam Smash!'

She flipped over her staff to the glaive side. This was Saturn's glaive, the one that had joined with her staff.

'Saturn Glaive Surprise!'

Seeing that all of the youmas were gone, Cosmos turned to look at Dark Shadow. She felt a bit tired, but she knew that she could defeat this evil. She had to for the sake of her friends. She watched as Shadow gave a hollow clap.

"Good job, Princess! I must say that you have improved in you fighting abilities," he said, walking up to her.

Cosmos glanced at her friends. She saw that everyone was safe. All she had to do was to get rid of Dark Shadow. "I ask you to take this battle elsewhere. I think that there has been enough damaged done in here."

"Oh, but that would ruin the fun for your friends. Wouldn't they want to see the loss of their mysterious warrior? The dead and unmoving body?" he asked a perverse smile on his face.

"You are a sick person!" she spat.

"Really now! Here I thought that I was acting the perfect gentleman," he mocked. Cosmos narrowed her eyes. Before she knew it, he threw a ball of raging energy at her.

The battle raged on between Dark Shadow and Sailor Cosmos. The students and professors in the Great Hall watched in terror each time Cosmos received a blow. It had been quite some time now since the battle had started. The occupants wished that they could leave the hall and not witness the scene, but their only way out was blocked. They watched in horror as Sailor Cosmos fell down, due to a fatal blow that she received from Dark Shadow.

"Surrender now Sailor Cosmos. Surrender and become my queen!" he shouted.

"Never, I will never surrender to the likes of you," let out Cosmos weakly. Her energy was quickly running out. She hadn't realized that throughout the whole battle, she had clenched her left fist. Now she let her fist open and relax. From out her fist rolled the tiny object that Luna had placed in her hands earlier. Something inside told her to take the object and throw it at Dark Shadow. She didn't know how that would help her, but her conscience had never failed before at a time such as this.

Pulling together the remaining of her energy, she threw the tiny ball at Dark Shadow. Fortunately, it was tiny enough that he didn't even notice that she had thrown something at him. She watched weakly as the tiny ball implanted itself within Dark Shadow. The ball grew larger and larger by the minute. Soon enough, the ball of power had him trapped inside. Nothing that Dark Shadow attempted to do could release him from the trap that he had fallen into.

Seeing that this was the chance for her to rid the world of the last bit of Chaos, she stood up, ignoring the back in her body. Slowly, she found herself standing on her feet, despite the many battle wounds that she received. She felt her tattered sailor suit slowly disappear and be replaced with her Princess gown. She held out her arms to call for the Silver Imperium Crystal. She waited for the crystal to appear in her awaiting hands. Once it was there, she pulled all of her remaining energy together and focused it toward the crystal.

She found that her energy wasn't great enough. She found herself asking for the help of all of the witches and wizards in the room. 'Professors and students of Hogwarts, lend me your strength. Lend me the power to rid the world of this evil,' she pleaded. Her voice was heard in each and every head. Dumbledore and Snape quickly let out their energy for Serenity's dispense. The other professors saw them and decided to also.

Hermione and Molly also readily gave their energy to their weakened friend. Malfoy, to the shock of everyone, also lent out his stored up energy to

Serenity. Harry and Ron followed suit. Soon enough, everyone in the hall was lending Serenity their energy.

'Thank you my friends. Without your strength and energy, I would not be able to go this far. I thank all of you once again.'

"Silver Moon Crystal Power!!" yelled out Serenity. A strong, white blinding light emitted from the crystal. Serenity focused all of her energy and those of the occupants of the Great Hall into the crystal. She could feel the power rushing from her fingertips to the crystal and to the trapped body of Dark Shadow.

Before she knew it, Dark Shadow was no more. And as always, she fell dead tired to the floor. Handling the silver crystal also tired her out. Now, she was drained of all energy. She badly needed rest. Luna rushed over to her charge. The purple haired professor felt for a pulse. She finally found a weak beating.

"Thank the goddess!!" cried Luna.

Dumbledore and Snape made their way over to the two. Snape called out for Madam Pomfrey, while he picked up his precious niece. Madam Pomfrey walked up to the small group and motioned for them to follow her to the infirmary. McGonagall directed all of the head boys and girls to lead their houses back to their respective dormitories. As soon as the last student left the Great Hall, she and the other professors set about fixing up the Great Hall once more.

IIII

The next day, the students left to go home and tell the tale of the warrior, Sailor Cosmos, and the evil, Dark Shadow, to their parents and families. Some of the students were relieved to go home for break. Now, there were few students strolling the halls of Hogwarts. In fact, the remaining students were all in the infirmary. They were all praying for the well being of their friend.

Harry and Ron had been briefed on the history of Serenity by Hermione. They couldn't believe that such a cheery and warm-hearted girl like Serenity went through such terrible things. It was worse than want Harry had gone through. Harry hadn't known his parents. But Serenity knew her friends so well that it must've been heartbreaking to see them die right before her very eyes.

Luna, Dumbledore, and Snape stood on one side of Serenity's bed. In Luna's arms was Diana. On the other side were Hermione, Molly, Ron, and Harry. At the door of the room, stood Madam Pomfrey watching them silently. She wished that she could've done more to help the poor girl. At the moment, she had bad news to relay to them, but she did not want to disturb the peace.

Each and every one of them prayed silently that Serenity would be well. The teen looked so peaceful lying there. Silently, each one wanted her to wake up. Ever since the end of the battle, Serenity had fallen into a coma. They prayed that it would be a short slumber, yet they knew that she needed to receive all the rest she could get. They all wanted a sign that she was still alive. She hadn't moved an inch. Her friends were afraid that they would never hear the laughter or see the happiness in her eyes.

Hermione prayed silently that Serenity would awake and return to her normal cheery self. She knew that the girl was strong and could pull herself through. Molly stared at the first Slytherin friend she made. She couldn't help but feel that there was something wrong with Serenity. Yet she hoped fervently that she was wrong.

Ron stared at the blonde girl. She had befriended him and he didn't want to lose one of his friends. Whenever he had a bad day, her smile would just brighten it up for him. She could always cheer him up. Harry looked at the sleeping form of the blonde angel. Ever since he had met her, he felt an attraction for her. She had felt the same pains that he did. She had to overcome large obstacles in her life just as he did. Harry felt that he was falling in love with Serenity, yet the fact that Malfoy was with her tore at him.

Luna gazed at the peaceful look on Serenity's face. She had seen the girl go through so much; she was surprised that she had come this far without breaking down. She just hoped that none of the emotional stress and the physical stress combine did her any harm. She prayed for Serenity to come out of her coma unscathed. Dumbledore held his granddaughter's hand. He hoped the same as Luna. He didn't want to see his granddaughter's life end before his. Snape just stared silently at the white sheet. He couldn't believe that she had gone up against a great evil all on her own.

Madam Pomfrey walked into the room. She hated to be the messenger of bad messages, but she had to do it. "Excuse me, but I need to tell you something. Perhaps it would be best if I tell it to the professors?" she asked, looking at the four teens.

"Whatever you have to say, we can hear it too Madam Pomfrey," said Molly.

"After all, we are her friends. We will know sometime. The sooner the better," put in Hermione.

Madam Pomfrey breathed in deeply. She always hated this part. "The good news is that all of Serenity's wounds will be healed within a matter of days. She has extraordinary healing abilities. I'm sure she won't suffer any side effects from the nasty blows that she received in battle."

"The bad news," prompted Luna, after a moment of silence on Madam Pomfrey's part.

"Serenity has suffered many physical stresses as we all know and seen. She has also suffered a great amount of emotional stress from what I gather. Combined, all the stress has caused for Serenity to have temporary amnesia. She will need to be in good care until she regains her memories. The chances are she will probably forget everything that has happened this school year. Familiar surroundings and faces will help her regain her memories. But we cannot let any harm come to her. Any little thing might prevent her chances of regaining her loss memories. And we must not try to stir up bad memories, such as of her pass. That might just cause her more emotional distress since she is a very loving and caring person."

The seven people and gray kitten absorbed this astonishing piece of information. They couldn't believe it, especially Luna. In all the years that she had known her charge, her surrogate daughter, Serenity always managed to pull through without any side effects to harm her. Now, for the first time ever, all the stress that had been piled on Serenity's shoulder finally broke her down. The weight of saving the world, losing her family and friends, and losing the love of her life, all of this was set on her shoulders. After so many years of being Sailor Moon, Serenity could take no more. Luna prayed that there would be no more disturbances in Serenity's life. She prayed vigorously, violently, fervently, repetitiously that nothing would interrupt Serenity's chance at being a normal person, even if she was going to be brought up in a magical world.

"I'm so sorry to tell you that," whispered the nurse.

There was not one dry eye in that room. The news had dashed all the hopes of Serenity getting better. The four friends were hurt. Serenity would not remember them when she wakes up. There would be no memory of them in her life. She probably would remember any of her friends. Hermione and Molly promised to each other that they would make sure that Serenity knew that they were her friends as they hugged and cried on one another's shoulder.

Snape and Dumbledore knew that their niece and granddaughter would remember them. She wouldn't even know of their existence. Snape felt something inside of him tear. Serenity was the only light in his dark life. Dumbledore shed tears for his beloved granddaughter. He thought that Serenity would always be tough.

Diana let out a small sound of despair. The small kitten jumped from her mother's arms to the bed that Serenity laid on and curled up next to the petite blonde.