Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Down A New Path ❯ Chapter Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Down A New Path

Chapter Four

Disclaimer: ME NO OWN SAILOR MOON OR HARRY POTTER.


Again, she was surrounded by the white mists. This time, she saw no one. She was floating naked in the air this time, her body curled up into a small ball. She was just floating, not giving a care in the world. Her mind was at rest, her body receiving the needed rest. Here, she wouldn't have to be bothered with saving the world. Here she could rest, but here she would be alone. Alone without anyone. Did she really want to choose that over the real world?

"Serenity. My darling Serenity, wake up," came the gentle lull of a voice.

Serenity lifted up her head. She was no longer in the white mist, floating around. Now she was in front of the Moon Kingdom. She was standing in the ruins, wearing her white ball gown. She looked around to find the source of the voice. She knew her mother had to be around here somewhere. Why else would she be here.

The sound of footsteps approaching from behind her told her that her mother was coming. She whirled around. True enough, her mother was standing there.

"Serenity, my darling."

"Mother!" cried the young blonde. She ran over to her mother's waiting arms and hugged her.

Queen Serenity stroked her daughters back, silently comforting her. "Shhh! It's alright."

Serenity let out all of her tears. She let out all of the anguish she was feeling. All the pain from the losses she suffered. All the weight that she carried seemed to have left her shoulders. She broke down to say it in the least.

She had her mother to look to for her much needed comfort. Serenity finally stopped her tears after letting out all her despair, all of her sad emotions.

"Serenity, you must listen to me now," started her mother.

Serenity looked up into her mother's eyes. She waited for what her mother had to say.

"Do you remember what last happen before you became unconscious?"

Serenity thought back to the end of her battle with the youma. "I used up all my energy battling the youma. I think I used more energy to restore the Great Hall. I was also injected with a poison. That's all I remember. I want to ask you a question mother."

The queen nodded for Serenity to go on. "Why is it that whenever I transform into Cosmos, I feel weak and tired?"

The queen was silent for a moment, then she said," The energy of your senshi. You are not used to that much power. Together, the power of your senshi and the crystal will make the holder weak. You must overcome the obstacle, blocking you from taming all that power.

"Now, you have been here far too long. Everyone is waiting frantically for you back at Hogwarts. Your grandfather is very worried about you. So are your uncle and Luna. You must find the will to live again. Live to protect this world of magic that you are now in. Discover all that you can. This world will be your new whole. You will rule over this world."

Serenity looked away from her mother. "When the senshi all left me, I felt numb inside. I felt as is my world had collapsed. My heart ached and longed for them. Then, when I came to Hogwarts, I met and made new friends. I was relieved at seeing Luna. Grandfather and Uncle were a great comfort to me. Now, I slowly feel that the hole in my heart is slowly being mended."

Queen Serenity smiled. "That is the daughter I raised." She kissed Serenity lightly on the head and got up.

"It is time for you to return. I will miss you my daughter," said the sad queen.

"I will miss you to mother."

IIII


It had been ten minutes since Snape had given Serenity the antidote. Still, there was no sign of her waking up. The potion would only go in and destroy all the poison that had entered Serenity's body and prevent it from spreading even more.

"Please wake up," begged Luna. She turned to Snape. "Are you sure the potion is working?"

Snape looked unlike himself. He was worried about the health of his niece. Serenity had been unconscious for a little over an hour now. "The only way…that we'll know... is if she awakes or not," his voice cracking.

Dumbledore stood on the other side of Serenity, opposite Luna. He looked at Snape, who was standing at the foot of the bed. "We shall only hope that she will return to us."

The three lapsed into another silence. They waited another five minutes. Their eyes focused on Serenity. They were waiting for any sign of movement, anything to signal that she was still alive. Seconds passed, minutes went by so slowly that it seemed to them that they had been waiting for a century.

Suddenly, Serenity fluttered open her eyes. The light in the infirmary was too bright for her eyes. Snape's features changed to that of happiness. Inside he was dancing with joy that his niece was alive, but on the outside he refrained himself from jumping up and down.

Luna shed tears of happiness. She was overjoyed that Serenity was alive and awake, however weak her condition was still. Dumbledore was tremendously overjoyed. He felt that he had regained ten years of his life back.

Serenity looked around, her body to weak to move. "I'm alive," she whispered.

"Oh Serenity! I was so worried. You had us all worried," cried out Luna. Serenity moved her eyes to everyone in the room. Her grandfather, her uncle, and her guardian.

"I'm sorry."

Madam Pomfrey came into the room at that moment. Her eyes lit up at seeing the teen awake. "At last, you have regained conscious." The nurse walked up to Serenity, Luna stepping aside to let Pomfrey near Serenity. Madam Pomfrey felt for Serenity's pulse. It was weak, steadily growing stronger.

"You are getting better. I think it would be best if you returned back to your regular form," suggested the nurse. Serenity had been transformed the whole time. Who knows, if she hadn't then maybe she wouldn't have survived.

Serenity did as she was told, feeling a little weaker, but at least she was still alive. Madam Pomfrey handed her a piece of chocolate. "It'll help you regain your strength." Serenity didn't have to be told twice to eat the offered chocolate.

Madam Pomfrey turned to the three adults in the room and said, "I think it's best if you leave Serenity to rest now. Visiting hours is almost over anyways."

The three nodded. Madam Pomfrey left the room to leave the four to their privacy.

"Serenity, I brought you Diana," said Luna, lifting out a basket from under the bed. She gently took out her young kitten and handed her over to her princess.

"Hello there, princess," greeted the gray kitten. Serenity smiled at the cat's cheerfulness. Luna smiled. Her daughter and her guardian together. She felt more than happy, but she longed for her Artemis.

"I'll be going now," she said to Serenity.

"Bye Luna," said Serenity, stroking Diana's head. She watched as the dark haired professor exited the room. Her grandfather walked up to her. He had left her side to give Luna and her their privacy.

"I'm so glad that you are here with us now. You had us all worried, especially your uncle," he stated, his eyes twinkling behind his half moon glasses.

Serenity smiled and stroked his beard. "I'm glad to be here with you grandfather. I saw mother. I miss her so much." Dumbledore smiled when his daughter was mentioned. "I bet she misses us all. I'll be going now, but I'll drop in later to keep you company. Who knows how long you have to stay here."

The headmaster walked out of the room, not before stopping to rest his hand on Snape's shoulder momentarily.

"Uncle Severus?" Snape walked over to his niece when she said his name. He bent over and hugged her and Diana.

"I was so worried. Don't ever do that again," he reprimanded. Serenity smiled. "Sometimes you act more like my father than my uncle."

"You're the only family I have left. I will do everything to protect you." With those words, he left the room. Serenity turned over to face Diana.

"It's so good to see you again Diana," she chirped. "I missed you too princess. Everyone was so worried about you earlier. You should've seen them. Mother was almost hysterical," stated the kitten.

"That's Luna for you. I'm tired now. Let's go to sleep." Serenity moved to a more comfortable position, while Diana curled up next to her.

Long after Serenity fell asleep, a tall figure stood at the entrance of her room. He watched the princess silently, gazing at her beauty. She had a lot of energy. The man changed his mind about her. 'She'll make my perfect queen. You've proven me wrong. I will have you by my side when I take over the world.'

He laughed silently to himself. He made way into her room and walked over to her side. He took in her beauty. She was even more beautiful up close. He brought his finger to her face gently. Her skin was so soft and flawless too. 'I will have you.' Then he vanished into thin air.

IIII

Early the next morning, Serenity woke up feeling refreshed and stronger. It seemed that overnight, she had regained her strength. Madam Pomfrey came into room a moment after she awoke.

"Ahh! I see that you are strong again. You can go now, child, but do be careful," warned the nurse. It was then that she noticed Diana. "What?! You have a pet in here."

Serenity panicked. She couldn't lie so she told the woman the truth, "Professor Luna gave her to me. The headmaster said it was alright." Okay, maybe she did lie, but she also squeezed in the truth. Her grandfather had no objections to Diana yesterday, so he was okay about it.

Madam Pomfrey slowly nodded her head. "Go on. Get to class. You should be able to make it to breakfast."

IIII

When Serenity entered the common room, it was empty. She felt relieved. She wouldn't have to have explained her disappearance then. She went directly up to her room. As she entered, she bumped into someone. It was Molly.

"Sere! Thank the heavens that you're okay. I covered for you last night so you don't have to worry. I told the girls that you came in late because Luna wanted to talk to you and that you woke up early," rambled on the red head. Then she noticed Diana. "She's so cute. When did you get her?"

"Yesterday from Luna." Serenity walked over to her bed and placed Diana down. "Stay here for the rest of the day okay?" Diana nodded. Serenity turned to Molly, "Wait for me while I take a shower."

Serenity took a quick shower and exited the bathroom. Then she walked over to her desk and paused. She asked," What day is it today?"

"Day B. We have History of Magic. Only three more days till the ball," chirped Molly. Serenity laughed at her excitement. She grabbed her History of Magic and Charms book. Then walked over to Molly. The two headed on down to the Great Hall. They had about twenty minutes left of breakfast.

"Are you going to leave your hair down today?" asked Molly. Serenity nodded.

Serenity was finally happen at getting to eat food once more, since she had miss breakfast and dinner yesterday. As they neared the Slytherin table, Malfoy and his cronies walked up to Molly and her.

"Come and sit with me, Serenity," offered Malfoy. "But I wanted to eat with Molly."

Malfoy looked over at Molly. "She can sit with us too if she wishes." He turned to Crabbe and Goyle and told them to make room for the two girls. Malfoy motioned for the girls to follow him. He pulled out a chair for Serenity and Molly. It seemed that Crabbe and Goyle had left to sit elsewhere, because they were way down the table.

"I hope you haven't forgotten about the ball with your accident."

"I haven't. Molly here was just reminding me about it."

"Yeah! I can't wait to see what you're gonna wear. Where are we gonna meet again?" she asked, referring to the room where they would get ready. Malfoy listened interestedly.

"I'll ask Luna to provide us a room," she started," I'll inform the both of you once I finds out. We're talking about the room where we will prepare for the ball. That is where you will meet me at." Malfoy nodded. Then he asked, "Why not dress in your own rooms?"

"Because of Hermione," came the cool reply.

Malfoy's face distorted. "I don't know why you two hang out with that mudblood."

Serenity turned over to look at Malfoy. "She's my friend that's why. At least she has good manners."

Molly sensed the tension thicken between Serenity and Malfoy. She quickly changed the subject to something else. Serenity ignored Malfoy for the rest of breakfast. Finally when all three had finished breakfast. Molly got and Serenity followed suit, until Malfoy grabbed her arm.

"I need to talk to you." Serenity glared at him. "Please!" Serenity looked at Molly and said," You go ahead Molly. I'll catch up." Then she turned back to Malfoy. "What do you want?"

"I want to apologize for what I said earlier." Serenity looked at him. "Apology accepted."

Malfoy nodded his head. "I like your hair down. It's very pretty," he complimented. "Thanks."

"Let me walk you to class," he offered. 'I'll show you what good manners are,' he said to himself mentally.

IIII

The morning classes passed by swiftly. Malfoy was acting very nice toward her that she was beginning to suspect that he was up to something. When she asked him, he also said that he wanted to be nice to her. Finally she gave up when the thought of lunch came. Lunch also passed by very swiftly. Before she knew it, she was in Defense Against the Dark Arts.

She listened boredly as Professor Dashow went on and on about defending yourself against evil creatures. She just sat there and listened to his voice. Then something clicked. 'His voice. It sounds so much like.....Dark Shadow's.....it can't be.'

She looked up at him. "Yes Ms. Moon?" he had caught her suddenly shooting up her head and looking at him. "Nothing, professor." He went back to talking to the class. Serenity just sat there, wanting to get away from the man. He was Dark Shadow. Then another thought hit her. 'His name. If you take apart the letters,…you get Dark Shadow. Dakr Dashow is really Dark Shadow. I need to tell this to Luna.'

She waited impatiently for class to end. Soon enough, the professor dismissed the class. Serenity rushed out of the classroom and practically ran to Care Of Magical Creatures.

She couldn't believe what she had discovered. But how was such an evil creature allowed into a place such as Hogwarts. She would have to talk to Luna. The rest of the day passed by so slow that Serenity thought it was torture. Finally, Hagrid dismissed the class. Before she could leave, Hermione, Molly, and Malfoy all made their way over to her. She groaned.

"Why did you rush out of DADA?" asked Malfoy.

"I thought you were going to wait for me," said Molly.

"Where were you headed?" asked Hermione, ignoring Malfoy.

"I was going to talk to Luna. I just found out something very important about you know what," she answered. The other three caught on to what she meant. "Follow me."

The three followed Serenity as she made the long and tiring trek to the North Tower. Again she was running, having Malfoy and her friends run also. Hermione was exhausted by the time they reached the North Tower.

"What's so important?" she asked Serenity.

"I think I found our enemies whereabouts." That was all they got out of her because just then, Serenity entered the room. The three followed suit.

"Luna!!" called out Serenity. The professor came out from under her desk. "What were you doing under there?" Luna blushed. "I dropped my pen. You could've knocked."

"There wasn't anytime. I found out where Dark Shadow is," she started. Luna looked surprised. "You did? Where? And how?"

"He's here in Hogwarts at this very moment. I found out during DADA."

"That's why you left in a hurry," said Molly. Serenity shook her head. "That's not it. Our Professor Dakr Dashow is really Dark Shadow. It you take apart the letters and rearrange them, that's what they'll spell."

Luna looked shocked. "The enemy was right under our noses."

"I'm wondering how an evil person like him could enter Hogwarts," pondered Serenity.

"Well, I remember in our first year that one of our professors was hosting he-who-must-not-be-named in his body. Maybe this is the same case," suggested Hermione. Serenity shook her head. "No, I think he's the real enemy alright."

"What do we do about him then?" asked Molly. "Obviously, we can't let him know that we're on to him," said Malfoy, "that would ruin all your chances."

"He's right. You four act as if you know nothing, but be one your guards. Especially you Serenity. He's after you. I'll inform your grandfather and uncle about this," said Luna.

"Okay."

IIII


The rest of the week passed by quickly. Serenity felt a little uneasy, but the arrival of the ball made Serenity forget about it for a while. The girls had agreed to meet in an empty classroom on the second floor. Luna had bewitched it into a changing room.

As soon as lunch was over, the girls headed over to the room with their dresses and all. Luna would also be in their waiting. She would help the girls with their hair. As soon as everyone was in the room, the fussing began. Minutes and hours passed. First they did their makeup, over and over, trying to get it the right tone to match their dresses.

After make up was done, they moved on the put their dresses on. Before they did that, Luna demanded that they put on some lotion to make their skin soft. But it seemed that no one had lotion on them, until Serenity thought to whip one up by magic.

After moisturizing their skin, the girls finally put on their dresses. They were all very similar. The dresses were slim and hug tight to the curves of the teen but allowed for the wearer to move around freely at the same time. Their dresses swooshed as it slid against the floor. Hermione's dress had thick straps holding the dress up, while Molly's had none. Serenity's dress was the prettiest of them all since it was silk. Her straps were thin but strong enough to hold the dress up.

Luna then turned her attention to their hair. She argued with them that doing someone's hair manually was better than a wand. Luna of course won the argument. She started on Molly's hair first, since Molly's red hair went only to her shoulders. Luna expertly put Molly's hair into a beautiful loose bun. She moved stray strands of hair to cover Molly's round face.

Molly looked fabulous when Luna was done. Luna moved on to do Hermione's hair next. For her hair, Luna resorted to magic since it would talk too long to straighten and looking at Serenity's long hair, it would be impossible to finish on time. At last, Luna finished Hermione's hair. She had put Hermione's hair into a tight bun with hair flowing down underneath it.

When it came to Serenity's turn, Luna stopped to think how she would do her hair. Luna decided to put Serenity's hair in the traditional 'meatball' style. She curled the pigtails and framed Serenity's face with stray strands of hair. Finally, everyone was done. They all looked pretty and radiant.

"You three will certainly be the belles of the ball," complimented Luna.

The three girls blushed. "We couldn't have done it without you," said Molly. "You sure have good taste Luna," remarked Hermione. "I agree wholeheartedly with them," said Serenity.

It was Luna's turn to blush. "Don't be silly. Now go on and meet your dates. I'll be your chaperone until we enter the Great Hall."

The girls headed out to meet the guys and have a great time at the Christmas ball.