Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Down A New Path ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Down A New Path

Chapter Three

Disclaimer: I DO NOT OWN SAILOR MOON OR HARRY POTTER.

IIII


The next morning Serenity woke up bright and early. It was unusual for her to be up this early, but she just couldn't sleep. She was trying to think of some way to get out of her mess with Malfoy.

She shook her head. 'I need to take a walk.'

With that thought in mind, she headed to the bathroom. Ten minutes later, she left feeling refreshed. Then she headed over to her small, bedside desk to get her school books. She also grabbed her wand but not before placing her books in her sub-space pocket.

She waved her wand around her hair again, this time the end result was a high ponytail.

She carefully tried to tip toe out of the room without waking up her roommates. She was only a few inches away from the door, when all of a sudden she tripped over a stray book.

"I was almost out."

She quickly got up and looked around the room. She saw that Molly had stirred a little. Carefully trying to leave the rest of the room without waking anyone, she reached the door.

Just as she was opening it, a voice asked,"Sere? Why are you up so early?"

She turned around and put her fingers to her lips. "Shh! You'll wake up the others."

"Oops! Wait; let me take a quick shower. It's been a while since we got to talk, you know, with you being in the infirmary and all," whispered Molly, at the same time rambling.

Serenity nodded her head. 'I wonder how someone like her got sorted into Slytherin. Come to think about it, I wonder why I'm not in another house.'

Serenity walked carefully back to her bed to wait for Molly to finish her shower. It didn't take her that long, and soon the two friends were exiting the common room.

"Where do you wanna go?" asked Molly.

"I was thinking of going for a walk."

The two made their way towards the exit of the school. Once outside, they started their walk around the school premises.

"I've been meaning to ask, how come someone like you was sorted into Slytherin," asked Serenity.

"I don't know. I guess I just do everything I want to get what I want. Of course, I don't achieve things the way other Slytherins do. The hat said that being in Slytherin would be good for me. That and my family have all been pure bloods. That I would succeed. What about you?"

"The hat thought that Slytherin would be best for me. It also thought that I would achieve and prosper more in Slytherin. I'm also a pure blood like you."

There was a silence between the two. Then Molly asked," What were you and Malfoy doing exactly yesterday. I heard you come in last night, and it was really late."

"Nothing. We were just researching on our project."

"What's wrong? All morning you've sound different. Tell me."

Serenity sighed. 'Maybe it's time that she knew. We are best friends, and best friends tell each other everything.'

That thought brought back memories of the senshi. 'I promise you guys that I will do whatever it takes to defeat this new evil. I will make sure of it. I will not lose anymore friends in this endless battle.'

"Sere?" asked Molly, waving her hands in front of Serenity.

"Huh?"

"You just spaced out on me."

"Sorry."

"It's okay, but I want to know everything that's going on," demanded the red head.

"Fine, but Hermione should also be here. I don't feel like repeating this story to her. Trust me; it's going to be a long one."

"We have all morning," said Molly. She then looked at her watch. "It's only half past six. Look, we've finished a round."

"Let's go in and look for Hermione then. She should be up by now. No doubt she's in the library."

With that, the two teens made their way inside and headed up to the library. After a long trek, the two finally reached it.

They looked inside to see if their friend was in there. Sure enough, Hermione was sitting at a table looking up some information. Molly and Serenity headed on over.

Hermione looked up as she heard footsteps approaching her.

"Hey Moll! Sere! What are you guys doing here?"

The two took a seat and greeted the brunette.

"Sere here was just about to tell me about her past."

Hermione looked interested. Serenity had never told anyone much about herself.

"Well, it all started when I was fourteen," began Serenity. She told them about how she first found out that she was Sailor Moon. How she met up with the Inner Senshi. Their battle with Beryl. She also told them how she was Princess Serenity of the Moon. Then she told them how after the battle, they recalled no memories of it, finally getting to live a normal life again.

Then she went on to tell them about Ann and Ail. How they all regained their memories again. She told them about all of their enemies and battles from Amazon Trio to Chaos. All about the Outer Senshi and Mamoru. She told how she would be the future ruler of the world someday.

Then she went to tell them how she came to their dimension. How she stayed with her grandfather and uncle.

Hermione and Molly listened earnestly. When they heard the part where all the senshi and Mamoru had died in the battle with Chaos, they felt great pain for their friend.

They wondered how a kind and spirited girl like her remained so innocent and happy with all that happening to her.

Serenity also told them about her dreams. She also confessed to being the warrior on that fateful day. And then she went on and told them what Malfoy was doing to her.

"I can't believe that he would do such a thing," said Molly.

"I can. I remember how he's always been out to get Harry. I'll try to help you find a way out of this mess," sympathized Hermione.

"Thanks."

"I can't believe that you're gonna be our future ruler," sighed Molly.

"That's only true if I defeat this new evil," stated the blond.

"Who are your uncle and grandfather?" asked Hermione, as an afterthought.

"You guys are going to be shocked when you hear it."

"Try us."

"If you guys want to know so bad...."

"Hurry up and spill."

"You know Snape?"

The two nodded.

"He's my uncle."

"No way," cried out Molly.

"How?"

"His sister, my aunt, married my father's brother. So I'm only related to him by marriage. I love him dearly though. My aunt and uncle, my father's brother, died. My mother died when I was young. He's one of my only living relative. I'm and only child and I have no cousins."

"Wow. Who's your grandfather?" asked Molly.

Serenity gave a big grin. "Dumbledore."

Molly and Hermione's eyes went wide.

She watched as the two processed the information.

"Enough about me. I wanna know about you two," she said, once the two left their stupor.

"I'll start," offered Molly. "I'm also an only child. My family have all been pure bloods. That's about it."

"Well, my parents are muggle dentists and I'm also an only child."

"We aren't only childs anymore. We are each others sisters," said Serenity.

The three got up and hugged each other.

"Oh my gosh, look at the time. We've missed breakfast. Class starts in five minutes," exclaimed Hermione.

The girls made a dash for the north tower. They all groaned when they remembered how many flights up that would be.

"Come on. Hang on to me. All those years of waking up late have certainly paid off," said Serenity as she broke out into a fast run.

Hermione and Molly clung on tight to Serenity's robe as they followed her up the many flights of stairs. It seemed that even with them hanging on to her, she wasn't slowing down.

"Two minutes left," announced Hermione.

"We're almost there," shouted Serenity.

The two behind Serenity didn't have time to catch their breaths as Serenity came to a halt.

"We're here," stated Serenity, not out of breath at all, as she entered the tower.

"I can't believe we made it on time," panted Molly.

"I'm never gonna run like that again," stated Hermione as she dropped into her seat.

IIII


At the end of class, Luna called her over. Serenity motioned for Hermione and Molly to go ahead and she would catch up. As soon as the classroom was clear, Luna walked over to her.

"Serenity, I want you to be careful. It's been a while since Dark Shadow has made his move. You need to be on your guard," explained her concerned guardian.

"I will Luna; I just wish this was all over. So many battles. How long will this last? I just want to enjoy the peace, even if it is for a little while," poured out Serenity.

Luna gathered her into a hug. "It will be over soon. Just wait," soothed the dark haired professor.

The two pulled apart soon after.

Luna pulled out a silver pendant. "Take this. This is a communicator and a locator. Always wear this."

Serenity nodded. She heard the firmness of the order. It was for her own safety. She took the pendant and quickly put it on.

"Thanks."

Luna smiled. "That's not the only gift. Since Christmas is so near, I want to give you your gift a little early."

She walked over to a door that Serenity had never noticed before. Luna opened the door and took out a fairly large basket.

"Here," she said, handing over the basket.

Serenity looked puzzled. "What is it?"

"See for yourself."

Serenity, being curious, hurriedly pushed aside the blanket covering the basket. To her surprise, she heard the jingle of a little bell. Serenity looked up to Luna's face.

"Can it be? I thought..."

Luna nodded her head. "It seems that Queen Serenity, your mother, had a few tricks up her sleeves."

Serenity looked down on the sleeping kitten. "I'll keep Diana here for you. I'll bring her to you at dinner," offered Luna.

"Okay. I better head to class. Uncle's gonna flip."

Luna took her wand and murmured a few words. Out of nowhere, a note appeared. Luna handed it to her.

"Go on. I don't want you to miss out on your education now."

'Same ol' Luna,' thought Serenity as she left the classroom. Halfway down, she bumped into the next class. Seeing this, she picked up her pace.

'Why does it have to be all the way down in the dungeons,' she mentally groaned.

IIII


At last, she approached the potion's classroom. Upon walking in, she handed her uncle the note and slipped into the empty seat next to Hermione and Molly.

"Thanks for saving me a seat," whispered Serenity.

"Welcome. We tried our best to wait for you, but you took to long and Hermione didn't want to be late."

Serenity nodded.

IIII

The rest of the day also seemed to pass by swiftly. After classes, the girls met up in an empty classroom.

"Well, it's exactly one week and two days till Christmas. The Christmas ball is also this Saturday," announced Hermione.

"Do you guys have a date yet?" asked Molly.

Hermione turned her head. This didn't go by unnoticed. "You do have a date!" exclaimed her two loud friends.

"Who is it?" probed Serenity.

"It's Ron."

"Ahh! I knew it. You two make such a cute couple," cried Molly.

"What about you Molly?" asked Hermione, switching the spotlight to Molly.

"Melvin, from Ravenclaw," she said a little meekly.

"Eww! How could you go for such a nerdy guy like hime," teased Serenity.

"Sere!! I think he's okay," retorted the red head.

"Who are you going with anyways?" asked Hermione.

"Well, umm.....I'm going with Malfoy."

"You are????? I can't believe it. Someone like you going with a guy like him," stated Molly.

"I don't know what you see in him."

Molly quickly changed the subject. "What are you girls gonna wear? I think I might wear my orange dress."

"Ooohh! Wait, you have a lot of orange ones. I know! Wear the one that reaches the floor. It makes your figure look beautiful," suggested Serenity.

"Oh that's a great idea. What about you Hermione?"

"I think I'm going to wear my light blue dress. It has spaghetti straps and reaches the floor too."

"Ooh, I can't wait to see you guys in your dresses," squealed the blonde.

"What are you wearing anyways, Sere?" asked Hermione.

"Mine's similar to both of your dresses. The only difference is mine's made of silk and it glitters. Grandfather got it for me."

"Lucky you!"

"Hey, maybe we can all meet somewhere, so we help each dress. I know, I can ask Luna. She can help us," thought Serenity aloud.

The three went on and talked more about each of their dresses. Then the subject changed to Christmas presents.

"I've almost finished my shopping. I just need to get one more present," said Molly.

"I'm finished," stated Hermione.

"That's not surprising. I'm almost done too," said Serenity.

Molly looked at the clock in the classroom. "I think dinner has started."

"Let's go then. I'm starving," stated Serenity. At that moment, her stomach gave a loud growl.

"We can hear it. Let's go before your stomach explodes," joked Hermione.

"Very funny, 'Mione," retorted Serenity.

"C'mon. Sere's not the only hungry one. I missed breakfast, and lunch didn't fill me up," stated Molly, running out of the room.

"Race you there!" she shouted, as she started to run.

"Hey no fair, Moll!" yelled back Serenity, as both Hermione and her ran quickly to catch up with Molly.

In a matter of minutes, Serenity was far ahead of everyone. "Haha! I'm gonna win. See if you get any food, Moll!"

"Your not gonna eat all of it!"

Serenity just picked up her speed. Then all of a sudden she came to a halt. "I won!"

Molly and Hermione caught up with her, panting hard.

"I can't believe it. That's the most I ran in one day. I feel dead," stated Hermione, who obviously never ran that much before.

"Let's go eat! We'll see you later Hermione," called out Molly, as the two Slytherin left the bushy haired brunette at the Gryffindor table.

Just as the two girls sat down, a big noise startled them. They turned to look for the source of the noise. All of a sudden, everyone in the hall was screaming.

A youma had just burst into the Great Hall.

"Not again!!" moaned Serenity. "I was just about to have dinner!"

She quickly grabbed Molly and ran out of the hall. She seemed to be doing a lot of running today. "Moll, cover for me. I'm gonna go in."

Molly nodded as she watched her friend transformed. She covered her eyes for the light was too bright. Standing before her now was the warrior, Sailor Cosmos. Molly still couldn't believe that her best friend was a great warrior.

"Stay here, Molly. I don't want you to get hurt."

IIII


Cosmos ran into the Great Hall, careful not to attract any attention. She looked around to see what the large youma had destroyed. There was a big, gaping hole in the wall, a few broken tables and chairs. Nobody was hurt just yet. She also watched as some of the students try to fend off the youma.

'World Shaking!'

The attack came out of nowhere. Both the youma and the occupants of the hall were surprised. They turned to see where the surprise attack had come from. All except three professors, for they knew who sent the attack.

"What are you doing here?" asked a strong voice.

The students and professors moved their eyes around; trying to find the person the voice belonged to.

Sailor Cosmos revealed herself. The occupants were in awe. They had heard of the famous Sailor Cosmos from the previous battle, but they hadn't seen her. They were awestruck by her beauty.

"Answer me, youma. Was it Dark Shadow that sent you? Or was it Voldemort?"

Most of the occupants cringed at the name.

"My master, Dark Shadow, has sent me to tell you that he has been watching you. Waiting for the perfect time to strike. He shall soon rule the world."

"Not if I can help it!"

'Mars Celestial Surround!'

The attack injured the youma severely, but not enough to kill it.

It whipped out a long scarf-like item. The scarf had a deadly poison lying within it. It aimed for Cosmos.

Cosmos, seeing the attack, moved out of the way, but wasn't as quick as she would of wished. The scarf had wrapped itself around her leg.

She took the sharp part of her glaive and sliced off the remaining part of the scarf. She winced as she stood up. The poison was taking effect.

The people looked on. They became worried when Cosmos was hit. Certain professors were getting anxious.

'Starlight Honeymoon Therapy Kiss!'

The attack finished off the youma. It also drained Cosmos of the attack. Yet, still standing, she waved her staff around and the mess was cleaned up. The poison in the cloth had taken its toll on her. Cosmos collapsed as the poison rapidly ran through her veins.

The students and professors watched in horror as the brave warrior fell. Luna got up from her seat and ran to Serenity, closely followed by Snape and Dumbledore.

"Quick! Someone run and fetch Madam Pomfrey," ordered Luna. Then she turned to Snape.

"What kind of poison is in her?"

Snape looked down on Cosmos. Her body temperature was rapidly rising and her breathing was slowing.

"This poison is very deadly. We must act quickly. I'll go get a potion brewed, but the rest will depend on her will to live," he informed Luna and Dumbledore.

He got up and walked quickly to his office. He prayed silently to himself that his niece wouldn't die on him. She was the only family left.

IIII


Dumbledore looked down at his granddaughter. He pushed her stray hair out of her face. 'Come on Serenity. Fight back the poison. You can do.' he mentally said.

"Come on. Just hang on."

At that very moment, Madam Pomfrey came in. She ran directly over to small group. She took a look at Serenity and said," The poison is killing her inside. We must get an antidote. Someone carry her to the infirmary."

Dumbledore picked up his granddaughter and followed Madam Pomfrey. Luna also followed suit.

Professor McGonagall took charge. "Alright everyone. Back to dinner then it's off to your dormitories. Come on, there's nothing to see."

Everyone ran to their friends, talking about the recent battle. Slowly, everyone sat back down at their tables.

IIII


Molly was feeling dismal. She looked over to where Hermione sat with Ron and Harry. Hermione was also feeling bad.

How she wished she could've helped her friend. All she could do was pray that Serenity got better.

IIII


Hermione sat at the table silently. Every now and then she took a bite of her dinner. Ron and Harry looked at her.

"What's wrong, Hermione?" asked Harry.

"Nothing. I just forgot to study something. A lot's been on my mind," lied Hermione. The two guys had no clue that Serenity was Sailor Cosmos.

"Are you sure...that's....it?" asked Ron, between bites.

Hermione nodded. "If you'll excuse me, I'm gonna head to the library."

They watched as she silently departed.

"She's been acting weird lately. All she's been doing is hanging around her new friends," stated Ron.

"They're girls, so they're probably talking about girl things," said Harry.

Molly watched as Hermione left the hall. She followed suit. She didn't feel like eating anymore.

Malfoy watched Serenity's two friends leave silently. He sat there feeling numb. He heard how deadly the poison was to Serenity.

'Why am I feeling like this about a girl? A nice girl.' he thought to himself.

Infirmary

"Where's Severus?" asked Luna pacing back and forth. She was very worried about her guardian.

Dumbledore just said, "He'll be here, but please sit down. You're making me nervous."

Together the two waited for Snape to appear. As they waited, each silently prayed for Serenity's good being. Madam Pomfrey watched the two worried professors. She shook her head sadly.