Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Down A New Path ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Down A New Path

Chapter Two

Disclaimer: I DO NOT OWN EITHER SAILOR MOON OR HARRY POTTER.



After the kiss in the Great Hall, Serenity avoided Malfoy as best as she could. It was kind of hard seeing as they had most of their classes together. It seemed that Malfoy was always seeking her out. She kept meeting him in the hallways, common room, and everywhere else. Whenever she saw him, she would just pass him quickly without noticing him.

Serenity recalled a meeting that happened not to long ago. It happened during breakfast time. She had awoken late that morning. In a hurry to get to the hall, she didn't notice where she was headed. Before she knew it, she ran into Draco Malfoy.

"Well, we finally meet again," he drawled out.

Serenity glared up at him. Over the weeks, she had heard how rude and cruel he was to other people. She was disgusted at his actions.

"If you don't mind, I would like to head to breakfast," she said coolly, trying to get pass him.

"Not so fast," he said, blocking her way. When he did this, he also backed her into a corner.

"I've never been so intrigued by someone as much as I have been with you. I want to get to know you," he started. He leaned over towards her ear and whispered, "In everyway possible. I will make you mine."

Serenity felt shivers go down her spine. Malfoy had never talked to her like this before. She made the mistake of looking up into his eyes. Lust was filled in his eyes and action.

Before she knew it, he had leaned in to kiss her again. This time she wouldn't let him kiss her like that. As he neared her lips, she pushed him off with all the strength that she could muster.

Then she took off running to the Great Hall.

IIII


After that meeting, the weeks passed by swiftly. Serenity took a whole new route to classes in order to avoid him. Soon the weeks turned into months and Christmas was almost with them.

One cold but sunny Saturday morning found Serenity and her friends outside.

"What are you guys going to do for Christmas?" asked Molly.

"I don't know yet," replied Hermione.

"I'm staying here. I've nowhere else to go," said Serenity sadly.

Molly and Hermione looked at each other. They wanted to help Serenity.

"If you're staying, then so are we, Sere," said Molly cheerfully.

"Thanks."

Hermione changed the subject to something else.

"I heard that this year we are going to have a Christmas ball."

"Really," squealed Molly.

"Oooh, I wonder who we'll go with," chirped the now happy Serenity.

"Oh I'm sure that you'll have plenty of guys asking you," predicted Hermione.

The girls chattered on about what they were going to wear for the ball. Unknown to them, someone was watching them

"Go ahead and talk about your worthless clothes. Soon, I shall defeat you Serenity," said a tall man with blond hair.

"Just wait and see." With that, the man vanished.

IIII


Serenity turned around to where the mysterious man had just disappeared.

"Was it is, Sere?" asked Molly.

"Nothing, Molls. I just thought I heard something," she replied.

Just then, the wind blew violently at them. Everyone outside wrapped their winter cloaks around them tightly.

"Maybe we should head in," suggested Hermione.

"Good idea, 'Mione," said Molly and Serenity together.

The trio were about to make their way into the school, when a big gust of wind blew them apart. The three screamed as they landed in various parts of the school grounds.

Then a weird creature dropped out from the sky. It was half bird, half human.

The monster blew out a bigger gust of wind.

Serenity looked on in horror. She had to get somewhere where she could transform. She got up and headed into the Forbidden Forest.

'Moon Cosmos Power, Make-up,' she silently thought. A minute later, she ran out of the forest.

She watched silently as the youma began to drain energy from the students. They were all trying their best to get away from the windy monster.

'Which attack should I use?' she thought to herself.

'I know. I'll fight wind with wind power. WORLD SHAKING!'

The youma fell down. "Who did that?" it screeched.

Everyone looked over to where the attack came from. They watched as a figure emerged from the forest.

It was a female warrior. She had on a white body suit with a short skirt. She also had a cape on. Her hair was in a weird style, two buns on each side of her head, with pigtails flowing down from it. The warrior had a long staff with her. The orb on top of the staff had little wings, just like the broach on her chest and belt. On her forehead was an eight point star. They also notice that she was wearing high heels, with little wings coming out of the heels, also. What really puzzled them was that she had wings coming out of her back.

"I will not let you hurt these innocent people. I will take you down," said Serenity.

"Oh and how will you do that?"

Obviously, this youma was dumb, but then again none of them were bright.

'VENUS LOVE CHAIN ENCIRLE!'

A bright yellow chain whipped out toward the dumb creature. The warrior pulled on the chain, trapping the creature.

"Tell me, who do you work for?"

"I'll never tell you, but you should know," said the monster, which was quickly making her way out of the chains. "You think that you could beat me with a little chain," smirked the monster.

"No, but I know what will," responded the warrior.

'SUPREME THUNDER CRASH!' Out of her right hand came a ball of green lightning. She threw the ball at the monster. The monster, which was still tangled with the chain, did not see the ball of lightning charge at her.

"Time to finish you off, youma, but first tell me you're working with. Is it Voldemort?" she asked. The students momentarily flinched at the name.

"No but my master does," came the reply.

"And who would that be?" the warrior asked again.

"I'll never tell," screeched the dying youma.

The warrior turned around and walked off. Before she got far, a professor called out to her. During the fight, the professors saw what was happening, so they rushed outside.

"Wait! Who are you?" asked McGonagall.

The warrior turned around.

"You can call me Sailor Cosmos, protector of the galaxy."

Then Cosmos took off, disappearing in the thick forest.

As soon as Cosmos saw that the coast was clear, she detransformed and rushed back out to her friends.

She carefully avoided attention and made her way to Molly and Hermione, who were looking for her.

"Where did she come from?" That was the question on everyone's mind.

"Did you see how she defeated the monster without a wand?"

Serenity ignored everyone's questions and stopped in front of her two friends.

"Serenity!" called out Molly and Hermione at the same time.

"Where did you go?" asked Molly.

"I was knocked out from that fall. What just happened?" asked Serenity, trying to act surprised as she listened to Hermione and Molly explained.

"Wow! That must some powerful person!"

"Yeah, too bad you didn't see her," said Molly.

"I wonder what that monster was doing here. Maybe it was after Harry," thought Hermione aloud.

Hermione had told the two how Harry was always chased by Voldemort.

"That could be true. Didn't you hear that monster say that its master worked under he-who-must-not-be-named," said Molly.

"I should tell Harry about this then," said Hermione.

"Okay, we'll see you later then," said the two Slytherin

IIII


After parting with Hermione, Molly and Serenity made their way to the Slytherin common room.

As soon as they entered, Malfoy approached them.

"Serenity, I want to talk to you, alone," he requested.

"Why?" she asked, narrowing her eyes.

Not wanting to show it, but she was scared to be alone with the guy.

"I just want to ask you something. I promise you that I won't do anything to you," he said, holding up his hands.

"Fine. But just for a couple of minutes."

She turned to Molly. "Would you mind bringing my things up?"

"No problem," said Molly as she winked at Serenity.

Serenity ignored the wink. She turned back to face Malfoy.

He grabbed her hand and started pulling her.

"Where are we going?"

"Outside, where we can talk without being heard."

Serenity silently followed him outside. A couple of minutes later, they reached an empty spot.

"Well, what do you want to ask me?"

"Before I ask, I want you to promise me that you'll really think about it."

Serenity was suspicious. 'What does he want to ask me?'

"Alright."

"Say you'll promise."

"Why are you so adamant about me promising?"

"Just promise me."

"Fine. I promise you that I'll think about my answer."

Malfoy nodded. "Will you go with me to the Christmas ball?"

Serenity stared at him. 'Was he joking? She wouldn't possibly go with him.'

Malfoy saw the look on her face. "You promised remember?"

"That was before I knew what you were going to ask me."

"But you still promised. I don't think that you are the type to go back on your word."

He was right. She had never broken a promise before.

"Fine, I'll think about it. I can't promise you that I'll say yes."

"Oh but you will."

"How are you so sure?"

"Because I know your little secret. I followed you this afternoon. I know who you are."

"You wouldn't."

"I would."

Serenity glared at him. She was shocked that he would stoop that low to get her to go with him. She thought that he was better than that. Apparently, everything Hermione and Molly said about him was true.

"Fine."

"I knew you would see it my way," he said smirking.

Serenity ignored the smirk. She was about to turn away when she saw something headed towards Malfoy.

"DUCK!!" she screamed.

Malfoy did as he was told. It was a good thing he did or otherwise his head would have been severed. The cause of the attack was a poisonous claw. The claw belonged to a woman that looked just like a snake, but with legs and arms.

"Who are you?!" shouted Serenity.

"My name isss of no importance. My misssssion issss to rid you," she hissed.

"If you want a fight, come and get me," Serenity taunted. Then she took off running in the opposite direction.

'Moon Cosmos Power, Make-up.' A second later, Sailor Cosmos was in her place.

Malfoy watched as Serenity battled the monster, but he watched from a safe place.

Cosmos looked at where Malfoy was hiding. Then she brought her attention back to the youma.

"Prepare to die," screeched the serpent like youma.

"You are the one who should prepare," voiced Cosmos. She was still a bit weak from the battle moments ago, but she stood her ground.

'MARS FLAME SNIPER!,' she thought. A fire bow and arrow appeared in her hand. Cosmos aimed it toward the youma's heart.

The youma dodged the arrow, but not quick enough to get away without an injury. As a result, one of its arm was decapitated. The youma let out a poisonous tongue that burned Cosmos left arm.

'MERCURY AQUA RHAPSODY!,' she shouted in her mind, wincing from the pain on her left arm. She aimed the attack for the youma's head this time. The attack hit the youma right on the spot, making it moon dust.

'That's two in less than thirty minutes,' she thought bitterly, holding her injured arm. She was just glad that that youma wasn't strong.

"Well done Sailor Cosmos. I see that you have won once more. Don't think that it will end this way though." said a male voice. It was the same man that had been watching Serenity from before.

"Who's there? Show yourself!" she shouted.

"Tsk, tsk, you do not remember your own opponents."

"Chaos. You're that part of Chaos that survived."

"Yes. Pleased to hear that you finally remember. And all thanks to your lovely mother. I go by Dark Shadow now. I'll see you around."

Cosmos could no longer sense the evil aura. She knew that she heard that voice before, but she couldn't remember where. She would of been standing there trying to remember who it was if Malfoy hadn't come out of his hiding spot.

"Who was that wacko?"

"An enemy. You shouldn't concern yourself in this. Don't tell anyone about this if you value your life," warned Serena as she detransformed. Her arm started to hurt even more. She hissed silently in pain.

"Are you okay?" asked the concerned Malfoy.

"Yeah. Just need some time to heal," she said in labored breaths.

"You don't look fine. C'mon. I'll get you to the hospital wing." Malfoy's statement went unheard as Serena fell.

He quickly caught her before she reached the ground. He picked her up and carried her up to the hospital wing. As he entered, a figure ducked behind a statue.

"So Moon. You wanna steal my guy don't you? Well you don't know what's coming," said the figure. It ran off toward the Slytherin common room, once it saw that the coast was clear.

As Malfoy entered the hospital wing, he was bombarded by Madam Pomfrey.

"Oh dear. What happened to her?"

"She encountered a monster that looked like a snake," reported Malfoy.

Madam Pomfrey nodded. "Could you please fetch Professor Snape? Tell him to bring an antidote for snake poisoning."

Malfoy ran out of the hospital wing and towards the dungeons to Snape's office.

'Oh boy. Severus is going to be mad when he sees her,' thought the nurse. She tried her best to keep the poison from spreading. She also dabbed a cool cloth on Serenity's forehead. She was burning up. Her energy also seemed to be low.

Seconds later Snape and Malfoy appeared. A quick flash of angriness and shock appeared on Snape's face before it went back to its regular mask. He quickly made Serenity swallow the antidote. "That should help her. If it doesn't then we will have to resort to the extremes," said Snape as calm as he could.

"Alright. Now the two of you get while I tend to my patient," shooed Madam Pomfrey.

Malfoy left first for he had to go back to his pile of homework. Snape stayed a while longer. "Make sure you take good care of her. She's my only niece. If anything was to happen to her," he warned.

"Now Severus. I wouldn't do anything to hurt her," returned the witch.

IIII


Two days passed and Serenity showed no signs of waking up. Over the pass two days, she had many visitors. All from different houses. Serenity seemed too had made many friends from bumping into them in the halls and from class. The ones that visited the most were Hermione, Molly, Snape, Dumbledore, Luna, and Malfoy.

Serenity slowing started to wake up on Monday evening. When she could open her eyes fully, she saw that the tables and floor near her bed were filled with flowers, get well cards, and chocolate. For a Slytherin, she was pretty popular. She then went back to sleep. Madam Pomfrey had just walked in and saw that Serenity was awake for just a second.

She was surprised. She hadn't expected her to wake up so soon. The girl had been drained of energy and her left arm was injured.

"I better go get Severus and tell him the good new," said the happy nurse. She quickly exited the room. It was a good thing that it was dinner time and no classes were being held.

As soon as Madam Pomfrey left, Serenity's eyelids fluttered open again. The eyelids blinked a couple of minutes, trying to focus on seeing clearly again.

'Uggh. What happened?' thought Serenity. She took a look at her surroundings and realization hit her. 'I must have been knocked out,' she concluded. She moved to stretch her arms, but she found that her left arm was sore. 'Must have been from the fight.'

She heard footsteps approaching her. At that moment, Dumbledore and Snape decided to reveal themselves.

"I see that you are awake," said Dumbledore.

"What happened out there?" asked Snape.

"Well, what happened...how long was I out?" she asked.

"Two days," was the crisp reply from her uncle.

"Okay, what happened two days ago was there were two youma attacks. You remember those monsters that I told you about, right Grandfather?" asked Serena, to make sure.

[AN: Just to clear the confusion on how they are related, Snape's sister(don't know if he really has one)married Serena's father(can't tell you who it is yet, remember that Kenji and Ikuko are not Serena's real parents, in this case, she was born to Queen Serenity)and Dumbledore happens to be Queen Serenity's father. So basically, Dumbledore and Serena are related by blood, while Snape is her uncle by his sister's marriage. Serena is the only living family he has left, besides Dumbledore, so he will be treating her nicer.]

Dumbledore nodded.

"Well the first one attacked during Saturday morning. I'm sure you know of that one. The next one happened about less than half an hour later. After I finished the youma off, I was drained since I wasn't quit used to all the power in my body just yet. Well after the attack, I heard this voice. He said that he was the part of Chaos that escaped. He calls himself the Dark Shadow and he is currently teamed up with Voldemort. That's all I remember," finished Serenity.

"Why were you outside anyways?" asked Snape.

"I was talking with Malfoy," she replied.

"Is that all?" asked Dumbledore.

"Well, he does know about me being Cosmos that's all," said Serena.

"And how does he know that information?" asked Snape.

"He saw me detransform earlier."

Snape gave her a disapproving look. "You should be more careful."

"I was."

"Now now, let's not get into an argument," said Dumbledore.

"When will I be able to leave?" asked Serenity.

"As soon as Poppy says that it's okay for you to be out of bed," answered the headmaster. (Is that her first name? Someone correct if I'm wrong.)

As soon as her name was mentioned, Madam Pomfrey walked into the room.

"Speak of the dev...." Serenity trailed off. It was said very quietly that no one but her knew what she had just said.

"Serenity here was just wondering when she would be released," replied Dumbledore.

"Well, she is healing faster than normal, so I suppose she would be able to leave. Just make sure you get plenty of rest," warned Madam Pomfrey, looking straight at Serenity as she said this.

IIII

When Serena left the hospital wing, dinner had just ended. Her grandfather said that he would get some house elves to send up enough food for her to eat. Knowing the appetite of his granddaughter, he made sure to tell the elves to make a lot of food, which he knew that they would probably be glad to do.

Serena entered the Slytherin common room looking fine and normal, only a small scratch on her arm that would soon disappear within time. As soon as she entered, she was greeted by Molly.

"Oh my gosh, Sere. I'm so glad that you're okay. I mean, when I saw you in all wounded I thought the worse. I'm so glad that you're alright," gushed out the red head.

"I'm fine Molly. I've been through tougher situations before. No need to worry about me. Right now, I need to eat. Then I need to catch up on my schoolwork. You have notes right?" asked the blonde.

"Yep. Made you a copy. All you need to do is study those notes, do these assignments, and before I forget Professor Binns gave us a group assignment. You need to make a presentation on the history of the Magical Wars." (AN: Don't even know if it exists.)

"Who's my partner? You?" asked Serena, taking the packet of parchment with the neatly copied notes and assignments.

The red head turned the same shade as her hair. "Well, I kinda partnered with someone else. I didn't know that you would recover soon. I'm really sorry."

"It's okay, so who is my partner?" she asked once more.

"I am," said a familiar voice.

Serenity turned around and came face to face with no other then Draco Malfoy.

"Well, when should we get started?" he asked.

"As soon as I get food down my stomach. I'll be finished soon. I'll meet you in the library," answered the hungry girl. "Come on Molly, you can fill me in on what's happened while I eat."

Malfoy watched as the two girls headed off to the girls' dormitories. He swore he never saw any more innocent and naive Slytherins like those two. He wondered how they ever landed in to this house. He didn't mind of course that Serenity was in the same house. He couldn't help but think that Serenity was a beautiful person.

'Snap out of it. You shouldn't be thinking about her like this,' he reprimanded himself. Just then, one of the most annoying things in the world came up to him.

"Hey Malfoy! Do you want to do something?" asked the girl.

"Get away from me Parkinson. I've got more important things to do." Then he walked out of the common room.

Pansy had heard the whole conversation between the three. 'I'll get my Malfoy back. He'll be mine even if I have to kill you.' Then she stomped off.

IIII


In the girls' dormitory, Serenity was inhaling food down by the second, as Molly watched in amazement. She would never get used to her friends way of eating.

"Sere, are you sure you won't choke?"

All she got in returned was a nod. She watched as the once full plate was downed by Serenity.

"Alright," began Serenity as she drank the last drop of her drink," what happened since I was out."?

"Not much. Just all this work. Most of it was assigned today so you're not far behind."

"Okay. Well I gotta go meet Malfoy now."

"I'm really sorry that you're stuck with him."

"Whatever," said Serenity, as she looked for the things that she would need. She finally found her quill pen under her bed and made her way to the library. Molly just stood next to the bed. At least she thought that it was the bed.

"Oh yeah, leave me to clean up your mess," she shouted after the departing girl.

"You're the best," called back Serenity as she rounded the corner.

Molly couldn't help but sigh.


IIII

Serenity quickly made her way to the library. Upon entering, she bumped into someone.

"Oh, I'm so sorry," she apologized.

"It's alright," said the person. Serenity was to busy gathering her things to notice who it was that she bumped into. When she finally looked up, she saw that it was the famous Harry Potter.

"Hey, Harry right?" she asked. Harry just nodded.

"Hermione talks about you a lot."

"She does?"

Serenity nodded her head.

"Hey, I can I ask you something?" he asked, his eyes darting everywhere.

"Sure."

"The ball is coming up and I was wondering if....umm....if you wanted to go with me."

Serenity bit her lip. She would rather go with him then Malfoy, but she couldn't.

"I'm sorry, but I'm already going with someone else."

"Oh. I see."

"I'm really sorry. I'll see you around though."

Harry just stood there and watched her walk toward Malfoy.

He got jealous. 'I don't know why she likes him,' he thought to himself. With that he turned and walked off.

IIII

"What were you doing talking to Potter?" asked Malfoy as Serenity sat down.

"I just bumped into him is all. Why? Am I committing some crime?" she asked.

Malfoy just stared at her. "What were you two talking about?"

"None of your business."

Malfoy was silent for a few minutes. "You haven't forgotten that you and I are going to the ball together have you?"

"Why would I? My secret is at stake here. Look, can we just start the dumb project."

"Whatever."

Serenity left Malfoy and went to find books on the Magical Wars.

IIII

An hour and a half later, the two finally finished all their research. Malfoy got up and went to put the books in their correct places, while Serenity gathered all their notes.

A few minutes later, the two headed out of the library.

Suddenly a thought hit Serenity. 'What if he uses my secret as blackmail for more things? Imagine all the mess I would be in.'

Malfoy looked at her, for she had paused in her walk. "What's wrong?"

"How do I know that you won't use my secret for more blackmail?"

Malfoy just smirked. "You won't."

"What are you planning?"

"Let's make a deal."

"What are you thinking?"

"If you agree to this deal, I will never use your secret against you again."

Serenity looked at him. She paused for a second, and then said," Fine, what's the deal."

Malfoy had a big grin on his face. Serenity didn't like the way he was looking at her.

"You will be my girlfriend."

Serenity's jaw dropped.

"No! You wouldn't do that."

"Watch me. I told you that I would make you mine. I always get what I want. And I want you."

Serenity really wished that he had never found out her secret. Now she had to be his girlfriend.

"Do I have to act all dumb and drool all over you?"

"Now what would be the fun in that? You'll act like yourself."

"But..."

"But you'll also like me."

"Let me get this straight. First, I have to go to the Christmas ball with you. Now, I have to be your girlfriend and act like I like you."

Malfoy nodded.

"Fine, but don't expect any special treatment from me."

"I won't then."

With that said the two started walking toward the Slytherin common room again.

'How do I get out of this mess,' thought Serenity.