Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Dumbledore's Niece ❯ february ball ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

~February Ball~

"Please do not tell her, my niichan!" begged a woman with silver hair. "You cannot! You mustn't!"

"I must," said a silvery voice, but serious. "I told her I had no more secrets…but I have one more…she must know!"

"No, niichan!" cried the onna, clinging to his light-starry robes and on her knees. "She called me okasan…Okasan! If you tell her, she will hate me! Forever!"

The man bent down and gently grabbed a hold of her shoulders. "She has a right to know. Let her deal with it her own way…She will get over it, Hikari…"

Hikari crumbled on the floor, crying her eyes out. "Albus…"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"I miss the inners soooo much!" whined Serena. "I wonder what they're doing…" Serena sat gloomily in front of the Gryffindor window in the common room. Michiru came up from behind the moon-hime and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Do not fret, hime. They can take care of themselves," assured Michiru, "And they've got Quasar and StarLight with them…they'll succeed and come back soon."

"You're right, Michiru," said Serena, jumping up from her seat on the windowsill. "They're strong and they can do it!"

Michiru laughed. "Come on, hime. Setsuna-san sent me here to get you. I believe Hotaru is going to be all grown-up," she said. Then, she giggled at Serena's actions.

Serena jumped up and down, squealing and throwing her arms in the air. "Hota-chan is coming back! Whoopie!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Where's Sere-chan?" asked Uni, glancing around Setsuna's office, which was mildly large. "And Michi-chan?" She wore her usual jean with a tank top, all black.

"She went to get hime…" replied Haruka, stepping out of the shadows. The scout of wind wore tan caprice and a white long sleeve shirt; the button at the top, unbuttoned. Her hair was still the mess it usually was.

"They should be here any time soon," added Setsuna, with Hotaru in her arms. She also wore a white long sleeved shirt but with black dress pants. At that same moment, Michiru and Serena came in walking, giggling evilly at something. Michiru had a teal skirt with dark blue shirt. Serena had blues shorts with a black tank on.

"We're here," announced Michiru.

"We aren't blind," retorted Haruka, causing Michiru to scowl.

Uni rolled her eyes and turned to Setsuna. "Junbi ga dekita?" (Ready?)

"Hai," replied the senshi of time, handing Hotaru to Serena, "Pluto Star Power!"

"Universe Crystal Power!" transformed Uni. They both appeared in Senshi form, and with staffs in hands.

"Moon-hime?" asked Haruka, "Do you still have Hotaru's henshin?"

"Hai!" replied Serena and took the purple stick with the symbol of Saturn at the top.

"By the power of Pluto! Chronos aid me! Restore Hotaru Tomoe, Sailor Saturn, scouts of silence to that age of fourteen!" recited Pluto, waving her time staff.

"By the power of Universe! Cosmos help me! Restore Hotaru Tomoe, Sailor Saturn, scout of silence, to the age of fourteen!" repeated Universe, but instead of waving her staff, she held it in front of her.

The two staff started growing as they stood across one another. Crackling lightning appeared above both their staff and formed a huge black hole in between them. Sailor Universe stepped up to Serena.

"throw her in as well as the henshin stick," ordered Universe.

"Nani!?"

"Just do it. The spell has been cast and must be finished," said Universe.

"…okay…" said Serena reluctantly. She dropped Hotaru inside with her henshin in her small, tiny hands. "Now what's going to happen?" asked Serena.

As if to answer her question, a bright purple light flashed from the black hole. After I had disappeared, the fours scouts looked at the black hole as long slender legs stepped out. A staff was in her hands, a glaive at the top. She wore a suit similar to Universe's and Pluto's, except it was purple.

"Hota- I mean- Saturn! You're back! Yatta!!" shouted Serena, waving her hand in the air and pulling her into a hug.

"hai, hime," said Saturn, smiling, "And for good…that is unless Uni-hime and Pluto-san decides to make me an old woman."

"Aw, we wouldn't do that, Hota-chan," Universe said sarcastically. Saturn smiled and hugged her. Universe smirked, hugging back. After Saturn hugged everyone, they all de-transformed and walked out of Setsuna's large office. They wave good-night and Setsuna disappeared to who-knows-where. Haruka, Michiru, and Serena walked down the corridor to the Gryffindor Tower as both Hotaru and Uni went towards the Slytherin Tower.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Hotaru!!" Hotaru heard someone shout. "Hotaru!!" The speaker paused and said, "Hota-chan! Hotaru Tomoe, you get up this instant!"

Hotaru's eyes snapped open when she realized who was speaking and sat up. Uni was towering over her, glaring, "Up."

Hotaru got up and smiled. She was her self again. Well, her normal fourteen-year-old self. She got dressed in robes that Uni brought her and went after Uni and into the Great Hall. She found "Uni-sama" at the teacher's table, talking to her uncle quietly. He nodded and said something to Professor McGonagall. She nodded and left Great Hall briefly only to come back with a stool and a certain hat. After everyone was there, Dumbledore cleared his throat to get everyone's attention, which worked. The hall quieted down and he began to speak.

"We have a new transfer student, who is highly skilled. She will be in 4th year and transferred from Saturn-Silence School of Wizardry," he began, "McGonagall? Please proceed."

She nodded. "Yes, headmaster. Tomoe, Firefly!"

Hotaru didn't move. She was nervous. Extremely nervous. Uni gave her a nudge and Serena, who had just appeared, pushed her forward. Hotaru fell forward, but caught herself before hitting the ground. She sat on the stool and Professor McGonagall placed the sorting hat on her head.

"Why…hello, Miss Princess of Saturn. You are the Scout of Silence and would fit well in Slytherin. But you have a heart of gold as all scouts, and would do great in Gryffindor. You've got the smarts of a Ravenclaw and the wits of Hufflepuff. Very difficult indeed…like all other scouts I've sorted," it complained. "Shall we flip a coin?"

Uni sighed impatiently and said telepathically to the hat. "Hurry up! We do not have all day!"

"What do you suggest we put her in then?" it asked.

"…Gryffindor…it'll do her good…"

"All righty then." It turned its attention to an oblivious Hotaru who hadn't heard their conversation and said to her, "I've decided…"

"Gryffindor!!" it yelled aloud for everyone to hear. The table yelled and screamed. They hugged and congratulated Hotaru as she sat down in-between Haruka and Michiru. She blushed at the attention.

"Hello! I'm Hermione Granger," the bushy hair girl said.

"I'm Ron Weasly and this is Harry Potter," he said, clearly indicating Harry's name.

"Hello," said Harry, pushing Ron, causing him to fall off his chair.

"Oonf!"

"Firefly is a weird name," said Harry.

Hotaru and Serena giggled. "Firefly isn't my name. Watashi was Tomoe Hotaru."

"Yeah!! Firefly is more like a nickname," added Serena.

"Hotaru! Translate!" scolded Michiru.

"Huh? Oh, oops. Gomen nasai. I mean…I'm sorry! My name is Tomoe…Hotaru Tomoe," she said, "Not Firefly."

"Ooohh!!" they cried as Hermione said, " I knew that!"

"Oh, you know everything," said Ron. Hermione turned towards Ron with a scowl. They began arguing causing everyone to sweatdrop. Hai, they were used to them arguing, but still…

"May I have your attention again, please," Dumbledore said, clicking his glass for attention. The Hall grew quiet once again. "Valentine's Day is almost upon us," he began, "We have agreed to hold a ball for this event." Everyone in the Great Hall cheered, except for one student.

Uni choked on whatever she was eating, but managed to chew it down. Dumbledore smiled and held up his hand, motioning to them he wasn't quite finish yet.

"It will be held the day of 14 of February and classes will be canceled then," he took a seat as the students began to chatter about who they would bring or ask for a date, what they would wear, etc. etc…

Uni hit the table with her head and groaned, muttering some English and Japanese curses. She hated balls and dances for one reason only…Serena always made her come…She normally wouldn't…but Serena was unbelievably convincing…

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Uni had been avoiding Serena and her gang (Hotaru and Michiru) all day, but knew she couldn't avoid them any longer. Her next class was Potions. Slytherin with Gryffindor. She shuddered at the thought. She entered the cold dungeon and saw only few Gryffindors and Slytherins had arrived. Serena and Hotaru were nowhere in sight. Uni sighed with relief and went to sit down, when she was jumped on.

Serena and Hotaru had been hiding. They tackled her down, causing her to drop all her things on the floor.

"Let me go!" Uni half whined, half stated.

"Uh-huh," said Hotaru shaking her head, "Not until you say hai, you are coming to the ball!!"

"Iie! No way!" shouted Uni. The students who were coming in and those who already were in the dungeon, began to look at them with mild interest. Uni struggled, but they didn't let go. "Hotaru! Serena!" she cried. Then, something hit her. "Hey! Hotaru! What are you doing here! You aren't in 6th year!"

"Umm…Anno…" Hotaru thought for an excuse.

"You better go, Hotaru," said Harry. "I saw Snape coming this way."

"Oh," said Hotaru, "Arigato, Harry-chan! We'll get you later Uni-san!" Hotaru disappeared in purple smoke, startling all the students, especially one particular one.

"that's not right!!" shrieked Hermione. "You can't apparate on Hogwarts ground!"

"She didn't apparate, she transported," Uni mumbled, standing up after pushing Serena off. She brushed off her robes and picked up her things as Snape entered. She quickly went to her seat and he glared at her.

"everyone turn to page 311 and make the potion as followed. You have half an hour," instructed Snape with a snap. All the students rustled to find their books and they began making their potion.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"You can do it Harry," encouraged Ron, pushing his best friend forward.

"But what if she says no?" asked Harry nervously, "I mean, we don't know if she likes me or not and she did just broke up with her boyfriend a couple weeks ago."

"Don't worry, Harry," said Hermione, "I think she likes you. I mean, she does tend to blush whenever she looks at you."

"really?"

"Yep. Now all you have to do is learn a little Japanese and go ask her out!" Hermione cried, pushing Harry even harder. He stumbled forward and walked nervously towards a particular blond. Harry would look back from time to time towards his friends, who would give him things-up.

"H-hey, Serena," said Harry nervously. Serena turned to face hime with that huge smile on her face.

"Hello, Harry!"

"Umm…can I ask you something?" said Harry, "Like, um, privately?"

"Sure!" He led her to a corner so that no one could see them nor hear them. Michiru led Haruka to the opposite sides of the room so she wouldn't try to eavesdrop on them. It was none of her business after all. Besides, with her presence, it would have made whatever Harry was planning to ask Serena even more difficult. He was already nervous after all.

"Umm…okay…wouldyouliketocometotheballwithmeasmydate,please?" Harry said quickly, getting to the point, since there would be no point into delaying it.

Serena blinked. He had said it so fast, even for her. She thought about what he had said and looked at a very nervous Harry Potter. "Harry?" she said. He grunted, afraid he would do something regretful if he answered her. "…Can you repeat that?"

He looked up and blinked. 'Oh man! I have to repeat that again!' he thought. He took a deep breath and said more slowly and nervously. "Would you like to come to the ball with me as my date?"

Serena blinked and a grin appeared on her face, "Of course I will Harry! Do you even have to ask!?" she exclaimed, pouncing on him for a hug.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Sorry it's so short! But I don't have a lot of time writing now…and this chapter is not quite done yet…but I will get the rest out ASAP!