Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Eclipse ❯ Chapter 4

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Reenie sat there in the classroom; she could vaguely hear her science teacher explaining the work to the class. * Why does grandma insist on sending me to school, not only will I probably be leaving in the middle of the year but how can I concentrate on my work with mommy in danger. * Reenie couldn't stop thinking about what had happened, how her mother had looked on her with unknowing eyes, "Who is this child?" Those words continued to be re played over and over in her mind as if her brain was some VCR stuck on rewind. She could feel tears burning the backs of her eyes, threatening to burst forth. "No, I won't cry, I'm too old to cry." Reenie whispered trying to convince herself but a few silent tears ran down her cheeks. "Hey Reenie what's wrong? Is it because of your cousins' disappearance?" The brown haired girl who sat beside Reenie asked, a look of concern crossed her face. "How did you know about that?" Reenie asked wiping the stray tears from her eyes and face. "My sister goes to school with Serena, she says that Serena and Travis are both missing and no one knows why."

Reenie just nodded she preferred not to talk about Serena and Travis's

Disappearance in front of people, for fear of revealing something. Reenie refused to speak and only nodded Melissa took the hint that Reenie wasn't going to say anything more. Reenie could tell she was dozing off but she didn't care, so what if the teacher yelled at her, so what if she got a detention, nothing mattered anymore, nothing! Reenie felt a strange sensation wash over her but she ignored it until she heard the gasps and shouts of her teacher and classmates. Reenie looked over at Melissa who was slowly backing away from her a strange look on her face, "Melissa? What's wrong?" Reenie looked around the room; everyone had the same look on their face as Melissa did. Reenie was getting angry, why was everyone staring at her as if she was some kind of freak?! "What is everyone staring at me for?!" Reenie shouted, her anger finally boiling over. Melissa just picked up a mirror and handed it to her. Reenie picked up the mirror and gasped. She was fading! Literally fading, she was shimmering on and off, one moment she would be normal, then she would be gone completely, then the next thing she knew she would be transparent. The mirror fell from Reenie's trembling hands and shattered on the floor. Reenie backed up, her mind racing trying to come up with a solution but none came so she ran, she ran as fast as she could. She didn't know where she was going but she knew she had to get as far away as she possibly could. When Reenie finally stopped and looked around she found herself in the park, she was scared, no not scared horrified, she didn't want to disappear, she couldn't disappear she needed to save Serena and Travis. Reenie sat down underneath a tree and cried herself to sleep.

*

"REENIE! REENIE WERE ARE YOU?!" Mina shouted. "Mina we're not gona find her that way, if she was captured then the enemy isn't gona stand around and wait for us to find it." Raye said putting her hand over Mina's mouth to stop her shouting. Mina sighed and sat down on a log at the edge of the Park Forest, "I guess your right, I'm just really worried about the kid." Raye was still looking around the flowerbeds, "I know I'm worried too, and we will find her I mean come on we're the sailor scouts and nothing can beat us right?" Raye waited for an answer but none came, "Mina?" Raye asked spinning around to find the spot were Mina had just been empty. "Come on Mina this isn't the time for playing around." A bush near by rustled, "Mina quit it I'm really not in the mood for games right now, and we have to keep looking! Get out here now!" Raye was getting mad now, what the hell did Mina think she was doing playing at a time like this?

"Alright already I'm coming out." Mina's voice came from the opposite side of were Raye was looking, Mina came out glaring at Raye, "I thought I heard something so I decided to go check it out you didn't have to yell at me, lets go we have to find the pink haired brat." Mina walked ahead of Raye towards the canter of the park. * What is wrong with her? Since when did she ever call Reenie a brat? Calm down Raye there's nothing wrong with her she's just worried and tiered like the rest of us.

Mina was really far ahead of Raye now and she was waving furiously to her, Raye could barely hear Mina but she got the message quickly "Over here I found her!" Raye broke into a run to the tree Mina was underneath.

Raye bent over the small child's figure. "Reenie?" Raye shook the girl slightly to wake her. "Mommy?" Reenie asked sleepily as she opened her eyes and looked around, "Raye! Mina! What's going on? Why are you here?"

"We've all been looking for you everywhere, your principal phoned home saying you had run out of the school in the middle of class and that a lot of the kids and the teacher were in shock and saying that they had seen you fading." Raye explained. "I'm sorry for worrying everyone I didn't mean to I just fell asleep, I'm really really sorry." Reenie said as Mina picked her up into her arms and Raye hit the all-call button on the communicator to tell everyone that they had found her. "That's good and all but we have a bit of a situation over here, a yuma just showed up on the other over here on the other side of the lake so get over here as fast as you can, you too Darien." Lita said quickly and then hung up.

"You hear her, lets get moving." The three ran to the other side as fast as they could the sounds of battle getting louder and louder.

Raye transformed as soon as the battle was in sight but Mina dragged Reenie off to the side to watch. "Come on, you have to stay out of the fight."

Reenie struggled as hard as she could but Mina's grip was tight so she gave up and stood at the sidelines with Mina. The battle was easier than most, Sailor Mercury's Shine aqua illusion did the most amount of damage, freezing the water based yuma so that it could not move so that the others could hit it easily. Finally a hard kick in the head from jupiter shattered the yuma into pieces.

Darien was the first to detransform as he ran over to Reenie and swept her into a big hug. "Don't you ever do that again, we were all so worried about you." Darien said sternly yet softly to Reenie who was shaking in his arms. "Why did you run away anyway?"

Reenie looked up at her father, "I was fading, I don't want to go Daddy I don't want to disappear." Reenie was on the verge of tears again but she held them back. * I've cried enough, crying isn't going to help get Mommy and Uncle Tranq back *.

*

"I'm so glade she's ok, we were all so worried." Mrs. Tsukino said to Darien and Mina after Reenie had been put to bed in Serena's room and everyone else had gone home. "We're all glad she's safe," Darien said to Mrs. Tsukino then turned to Mina, "I have a bad feeling about leaving Reenie alone, one of us should stay behind." Mina nodded, "I agree, but I'm staying, you and everyone else are exhausted from the fight and since I didn't fight I'm fine, go back home and get some sleep."

Darien looked like he was about to protest but stopped, nodded, said goodnight, and left. "Mina are you sure you'll be alright watching Reenie, Ken and I can help if you want…" Ellen offered, but Mina declined the offer and shut the door.

"Finally." Mina sighed, "Now I can get down to business."

Mina walked over to the bed, picked Reenie up and jumped silently out the window.

*

"Darien! Darien stop!" Luna called after Darien who was a ways away from her. "DARIEN!!!" Finally hearing his name being called out Darien turned around and looked down at a panting Luna, "What's wrong, Luna?"

"It's Mina……. and Reenie…….. they're both……… gone." Luna said through gasps of breath. "What?! Where could they be?"

"How am I supposed to know?"

"Well I'm gona go looking in the park again, you go find the others, I have had a bad feeling all night and now this has happened what else could go wrong?" Darien said then ran off.

*

"Mina?" Darien asked quietly, "Mina is that you?"

Mina was crouched under the tree they had found Reenie under; Reenie herself was unnaturally still, underneath the tree. Mina was chanting something under her breath that Darien couldn't hear. "I am not Mina." The girl's whisper was just audible. "Come on Mina this no time for jokes." Darien said stepping forward. Mina spun around suddenly, "I told you before I am NOT Mina!" Mina raised her arm and shot an energy ball at Darien, which sent him flying backwards into a tree. Mina turned back to her kneeling position and began chanting again, louder and louder.

Darien struggled to get up, "Mina stop it! What the hell do you think your doing?"

Mina ignored him and just kept chanting, eventually a shimmer of energy surrounded her. Darien could now hear the girl. "Princess I have the child, come now and take her back."

A beam of light flashed from the forest behind Darien, nearly missing him but hitting Mina right in the back.

"NO MINA!" Darien shouted trying to get up and tend to his friend. A hand pressed down on his shoulder. "Darien calm down." A familiar voice said.

Darien looked up to see Sailor Venus looking down on him. "But ho-"

Mina put her finger to her lips, "It was a yuma that took my form in order to get to Reenie. Don't worry I'm not dead."

Laughter rang through the park, "No you are not dead yet but you shall be soon." In a brilliant flash of light Prince Tranquility appeared in the air.

"Travis, what do you want?" Mina asked glaring. "What do you think I want, I want my future niece, she will be a very powerful allay after we bring her over to our side." Tranquility said laughing, "But first you two must die." Tranquility pulled the sun sword from its sheath and rushed at the two.

"Dark Moon Tiara Magic!" The shout came from behind tranquility and a tiara surrounded in dark energy hit the sun sword, knocking it out of the way.

In a flash A black and silver clad figure jumped down from the trees, lifted Darien and Sailor Venus, and ran into the woods.

I would like to thank my cousin Colleen for giving me some ideas when I was stuck and also my little sister Caitlin for always encouraging me to write more just so she could read it. ^_^ thanx guys I love you a lot and I don't know what I would do without you.

The dark figure finally stopped and dropped the two on the forest floor. Darien looked up and the cloaked figure, there was a hood covering his or her face so it was impossible to see anything.

"Thank you for helping us back there." Darien said standing up and then helping Sailor Venus to her feet. The figure just shrugged. A familiar feminine voice came from underneath the hood, "Don't thank me yet, he is almost here and-"

A large crash came from behind the trees and Tranquility appeared, his face twisted with rage. He looked at the girl in the cloak, "Why the hell did you do that?! I was almost rid of them." Tranquility grinned, "no worries they will be dead soon enough." He raised his sword again ready to strike but the girl, with unnatural speed, ran over to him and grabbed hold of the sword's hilt.

"Renald said nothing about hurting the scouts OR the prince! Or orders were to get Reenie and some energy that was it."

"Do you think I care what Renald tells me to do? I am not his minion and he can not tell me what to do!" Tranquility shouted. The girl stepped back, "Brother, I bag you please, at least spare Sailor Venus she is after all part of my court and can be useful in the future."

This new information took a few seconds to process through Darien's head, * Brother? Then that must mean- * "Serena." He whispered slightly. She heard him; "I told you before Endymion, do NOT call me that." Serena pulled the cloak away revealing what looked like her normal sailor moon outfit but what was once red was now silver and what was blue was now black.

Tranquility gave a small sneer, "Come sister help me defeat them both and then we can take the child home and not have to bother with Endymion again."

"No brother I told you I will not have you hurt one of my court, do as you wish to Endymion but leave Mina out of this."

Tranquility bowed to her, "Fine then sister, watch while I kill him." Tranquility rushed at Tuxedo mask, who had moments before changed into Endymion and drawn his sword. Serena touched the locket hanging at her side and transformed from Sailor Moon to Princess Serenity and had floated up into the air to watch the battle.

Tranquility had the upper hand over Endymion since he did not care about hurting him, where as Endymion did not want to hurt his blood brother.

"Come on Endymion, fight me, this game of yours is beginning to bore me." Tranquility said as Endymion dogged another swing from his sword and began to back away again.

"I don't want to fight you Travis." Endymion said. "Fine then it will be you will die not me." Tranquility lunged again this time making a large gash across Endymion's side. Both men fell to their knees holding their sides. Tranquility was in complete shock, "What sorcery is this, why am I feeling your pain?" He looked around wildly. Endymion just stood there grinning, "Don't you know? Oh this is really good, you can't kill me without killing yourself." Endymion was almost laughing at the irony of it all and at the look of bewilderment on Tranquility's face.

"Daddy!" a voice came from the trees and seconds later Reenie ran out from behind the tree she had been hiding and ran to Endymion, "What have you done to him?" Reenie said not looking at the attackers.

"Reenie, sweaty come here." Serenity said recognising the small child, she floating slowly to the ground and spreading her arms to the little girl.

Reenie looked at Serenity for a few seconds then ran to her arms. "Tranquility come let us go we have the child."

"No I'm not leaving until everything's back to normal." Reenie said then she grabbed hold of the locket holding the moon crystal, jumped out of Serenity's arms, ran over to Endymion and shouted "MOON HEALING ACTIVATION!"

A flood of white light spread over Tranquility and Serenity making them scream. Serenity teleported away but since Tranquility was close his power was gone and he was soon unconscious at Reenie's feet.

Reenie, from the power drain it took to control the crystal, slumped to the ground in a dead faint.

*

"What?!" Renald shout echoed across the vast hall, "You let both Tranquility AND Neo Princess Serenity escape?" Serenity stood her ground in front of Renald. "Do NOT yell at me, you may be my lover but as you are still a prince of Earth I still hold some power over you and I will not allow you to shout at me as if I was one of your Yuma." Serenity said calmly back at him. The look of anger in Renald's eyes grew even worse; he grabbed hold of Serenity's arm and flung her to the floor. "Yes you do still hold ranking over me but, do not forget, as your future husband I hold some command over you." Serenity backed away from Renald, clutching her injured arm she refused to show that she was even the slightest bit afraid.

Renald lifted Serenity to her feet and pulled her close to him. Serenity struggled as hard as she could but to no avail. Renald looked down on her with wonder and pity, he took one hand away and brushed a bit of hair from her face, "Why do you fight against me my angel?"

"I don't know, but something inside me is screaming at me to get away from you. And I trust my feelings." Serenity said.

Renald's grip tightened, "And what, my dear, are you're feeling towards me now?" Serenity looked up at him, "Trust me it is not love or anything similar, how I could have ever loved you is beyond me."

A cold smile crept across Renald's face and he laughed slightly. "Dear, dear Serena," He said in almost a whisper pulling her as close as he could, "That shall change soon." He raised his hand and in a flash of black light Serenity lay limp in his arms, fast asleep. With a snap of his fingers two servants came and took her away.

Renald, his cloak circling him, went to his throne and sat in deep thought for a moment. Renald's shoulders began to shake, a low rumble came from his throat and he began to laugh, "All we need is more energy, Ha, who would have guessed it would be that simple-"

*

Hey, It has taken a long time I know but there was school starting and the evil writer's block prevented me from getting this chapter out sooner but it's here now so I'm happy.

These chapters that are coming up will be more graphic than the ones I have written so far.

Oh and I want to thank My lil sister Catty for forcing me to keep writing when the writer's block was at it's worst.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now time was time again. Worse still. Consciousness. Awareness. Reason. The knowing that I was falling, the understanding that I would die, and not yet, but so soon, and so inevitable.

~Everworld: Book #6 Fear The Fantastic by K.A Applegate

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"The scouts got the prince back but she's still with them."

"I know what are we going to do? And the prince may cause some trouble still, I have a bad feeling about it all."

"The scouts are stronger than they appear, we have no reason to intervene yet."

*

"SERENA!!!!!" Travis shouted as he shot up in the bed. It took Travis a while to realize where he was. His shout had woken Darien, Amy and Crystal who had been asleep next to his bed.

Crystal stood up and eased Travis back down onto the bed. "Travis calm down every things fine don't worry."

Travis looked around the room wildly. Finally realizing were he was he lay back down. "How's Reenie?" was all he said.

Darien could see the look of disgust in his eyes, disgust for all the pain he knew he had caused while under Renald's control. "She's fine, she woke up about an hour or two ago and said she felt fine but I think she's still upset about not changing Serena back." Darien explained.

"Travis I have to know this is a bad time to be asking you this but do you remember everything that happened to you while you were under Renald's control, do you know what he is planning?" Amy asked.

Travis shook his head slightly but stopped because it hurt him, "I remember some things but a lot of it is still fuzzy and besides Renald kept me out of most of his plans."

Amy nodded and then asked Darien to follow her out the door.

"I thought this might happen." Amy said quietly.

"What? You thought what would happen?" Darien was confused.

"The crystal has not only removed the dark energy from Travis but most of his memories from when he was under Renald's influence. We might be lucky and they will come back in time but it is very unlikely."

*

"Travis are you listening to me?" Crystal asked glaring at him from across the table.

Travis lost his off in space look almost instantly, "What?… Uh yeah I was listening to you."

"Yeah sure you were." Crystal's gaze softened, "Travis I'm worried about you, I know you blame yourself for Serena and I understand…"

"No you don't understand!" Travis snapped back, "I may not remember everything from when I was with Renald but I remember some of what I had done and what I was going to do. You can never understand!"

A beep from Travis's communicator stopped him, Raye's voice came over the communicator loud and clear. "Guys we have a BIG problem! Meet me in the park and I'll explain."

Travis sighed and looked at crystal, "I have to go, I guess you know why." Crystal just nodded and Travis left.

*

When all the scouts had met up Raye finally explained what was wrong.

"It's Renald he's trying something new, there are 5 yuma attacks in different places across the city, this is bad guys really bad."

"I say we split up, we can get them faster that way." Travis said the rage burning in his eyes.

"Travis that might not be such a good…." Amy started but knew Travis would not listen he was already transformed and leaving, "Alright, we'll do what Travis said but we are going in groups of two."

*

~*~ Mercury and Jupiter~*~

"Mercury watch out!" Sailor Jupiter shouted picking her friend up and doing a power jump so the acid like attack just missed them.

"Thanx Jupiter, I think I have found a weak spot but we have to get the yuma away from them." Amy was talking about the unconscious civilians that were around the snake like yuma.

"Leave it to me." Jupiter announced placing mercury on the ground and doing another power jump over to the yuma.

Lita slowly crept up behind the unsuspecting yuma and kicked it hard in the back just hard enough to get it's attention then began to run and sailor mercury the yuma in close pursuit.

"Mercury what do I have to do now?" Jupiter shouted over her shoulder in a slight panic as the yuma was gaining on them.

"We have to somehow knock the teeth that the yuma holds its poison out." Mercury shouted back.

Lita rolled her eyes, "Oh yeah that's going to be a easy." She muttered under her breath.

Sailor Jupiter heard a scream behind her and nearly fell over trying to turn around. The yuma had caught up and had tripped Sailor Mercury and was now looming over her it's fangs dripping with venom.

Jupiter cursed under her breath and then started running back, "Hang on mercury I'm coming!"

~*~Mars and Venus~*~

"Hey ugly over here!" Venus shouted at the yuma.

"Venus don't get too close!" Mars warned but it was too late the yuma had thrown another one of its bombs and it blew a few feet away from Venus throwing her back against a car.

Mars ran over to her unconscious friend. "I told you to watch out." Mars picked Venus up and carried her over to a safer place in the parking lot.

More screaming told her that the yuma had drained the energy from a few more people. Mars stood up and ran back to the clearing where the yuma had just finished draining the energy of a young couple.

"That's it bomb head! I have put up with a lot but disturbing a young couple on such a nice night is the last straw. In the name of the planet Mars I will punish you! Mars celestial fire surround!"

The Yuma dodged the attack easily and charged at Mars.

Raye tried to move out of the way but her leg was hit and she fell to the ground.

The yuma turned around and charged at Mars again but this time Raye had no way of getting out of the way.

Sailor Mars shut her eyes bracing herself for the impact but it never came. She opened her eyes and found the yuma struggling against Venus's love me chain had wrapped around the Yuma's waist stopping it a few feet away from Raye.

"Mars hurry up and kill it I can't hold it forever!" Venus shouted at her.

Mars nodded, "Mars Celestial Fire Surround!" The flames hit the yuma head on and turned it to dust.

~*~Crescent Moon and Earth~*~

"Crescent Moon Starlight Extinguish!"

The small balls of light flew at the centaur like yuma hitting it in the face blinding it.

"Sailor Earth do it now!" Crescent Moon shouted.

Sailor Earth was hiding in the bushes behind the yuma getting ready to hit it with his attack.

"EARTH TECTONIC QUAKE!" The ground began to shake underneath the Yuma's feet making it loose it's balance and fall. Crescent moon used her tiara and the yuma became a pile of dust.

"Dusted! Yes!" Reenie was cheering.

"Come on Reenie we have to go find the others. These people should get their energy back soon so we can leave." Sailor earth transformed into tuxedo mask, took Crescent moon's hand and the two began to run.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Mercury hang on I'm coming!" Jupiter shouted running back to her friend.

The Yuma was getting closer, whenever Mercury tried to get up to run it would hit her with it's tail making her fall hard against the ground.

The yuma was looming over Mercury moving closer.

Jupiter jumped in front of Mercury and the Yuma sunk its teeth into her arm.

Jupiter winced at the pain, she could feel herself getting weaker and weaker. The yuma was draining her energy.

Lita could hear Mercury shouting but it all sounded so far off.

Mercury stop shouting, I just want to sleep. NO don't give in! Don't go to sleep! So tiered. NO! don't sleep! NO! NO! NO!*

Jupiter fought against the growing darkness. She could hear people shouting but it was all so dim, so blurry.

The Yuma's fangs were taken out of her arm, she started to fall but someone caught her and lowered her to the ground.

Lita could barley see Mercury and a few other people leaning over her.

She tried to sit up but someone pushed her gently back down, she could hear them saying something but she couldn't understand.

Things slowly came back into focus but Jupiter was still a bit out of it.

Sailor Crescent Moon smiled at her when she finally sat up.

"Hey Lita, how are you feeling?" Crescent Moon asked sitting down next to her.

"I'm a little dizzy, when did everyone get here?" Jupiter asked.

Reenie smiled, "Darien and I showed up right after the yuma started draining you and then Venus and Mars showed up, poor Raye twisted her ankle."

Jupiter looked around the group. "Where's Travis?"

"Mercury's working on the question right now at least I think she is." Reenie said pointing to Sailor Mercury who was standing next to where the yuma had been and typing on her computer a worried look on her face.

"Everyone I found something!" Amy shouted, "The Yuma weren't just gathering energy they were sending it to someone or something while they took it, and there's still an energy stream left."

"We'll Mercury where's it going?" Raye asked impatiently.

Amy typed a little more and then went white. "It's concentrated near Travis."

~*~Sailor Sol~*~

Sailor Sol was fighting a large bull like Yuma with horns on the top of its head that had to be a long as Travis was tall and a hide as hard as steal.

Sailor Sol pulled out his sword and charged at the yuma ready to strike with all he had. "SUN SWORD SLASH!!!"

The flaming blade hit the Yuma across the back but it barley scratched it making it madder.

Sailor Sol just missed being trampled by the rampaging Yuma.

This had been going on for a long time and Travis was getting tiered and it showed.

The Yuma took advantage of this and charged again this time picking Sailor Sol up with its horns and pining him against a tree.

Sailor Sol tried to struggle but nothing he did would work, Travis was just too tiered.

Two balls of energy hit the Yuma disintegrating it almost instantly. Sailor Sol dropped to the ground with a dull thud, He looked up to see two girls in sailor scout outfits standing in the shadows watching him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

So how did you like this one, I don't think it is my best work but it's ok.

Yes I am adding two Characters to the story you will find out who they are next time. If you think hard enough you might figure out who they are. I'll give you a hint; they are two of my favourite scouts.

Remember Email me with any comments or suggestions at candyapple_86@yahoo.com.