Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Eternal City:Crystal Tokyo ❯ Chapter 24

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Eternal City, Crystal Tokyo: Part Twenty-four

Christmas

 

The first flakes of snow began to fall, gleaming as they fell down between the crystal towers of the Palace. A hand reached out, a flake landing on pink skin only to melt a moment later. From behind her a amused voice commented, "You know, there are people in the city who don't understand why we don't use weather control technology to stop Christmas snow."

 

Queen Serenity turned with a gentle smile, blue eyes warm as she walked over to her husband, "It wouldn't feel right without snow." She moved forward to slip into his arms, her long white-blonde hair falling in twin streams down her back.

 

"Yeah," Endymion agreed, his purple-black hair falling down into his eyes. The violet suit he wore fit his thin form, much like the white dress she was in. They moved together through the comfortable set of rooms as he quietly said, "I'm glad so many of the Senshi are on Earth this year, it's almost like old times."

 

"Even Ran has come back," Serenity added before frowning slightly, "though I understand she still isn't getting along with her mothers."

 

"She's too much like the two of them," he offered, "that's why they clash."

 

Serenity smiled impishly as she raised a delicate eyebrow, "So why doesn't Erica have that problem? She's certainly the spitting image of Haruka."

 

"Good question," Endymion conceded, "maybe you can ask tonight at the party."

 

In another part of the Palace and later on that day Arisugawa Juri adjusted the dress she was wearing, the long red dress hugging her slim form. "I'm still not sure this goes with my hair," she admitted, reaching up to adjust orange curls.

 

"You look lovely," Setsuna Meiou answered, moving to put her hand on Juri's arm. Her long black hair glistened green in the light, her short black dress highlighting lovely legs.

 

Juri chuckled softly, "You'd probably say that if I was wearing a sack."

 

"True," Setsuna sighed, laying her head on Juri's shoulder.

 

"So, is there anything that I need to watch out for tonight?" Juri asked her curiously as they moved over to the door.

 

Setsuna led the way out into the hallway, "Well, Erica is dating a young lady named Caterine, apparently, and you've already heard about Ran's return."

 

Juri made a face at that as she wryly asked her, "So who gets to keep themselves between Ran and Hotaru tonight?"

 

Setsuna looked amused, "I understand we'll be taking turns."

 

"That's assuming Ran even decides to attend the party," Juri commented as they walked into the lift together, reaching out she quickly keyed in the proper level and they were off..

 

Setsuna sighed, "That would really disappoint her parents."

 

"Ran's made a habit of doing that," Juri remarked. She lift gently came to a stop as she said, "I'm glad the Queen isn't inviting too many people this year."

 

"An intimate party rather than a mob," Setsuna laughed. She looked up at Juri curiously, "When are we sneaking away to drop in to the Locket?"

 

"Before midnight, anyway," Juri said with a chuckle. Setsuna knew her very well, understandable considering how long they had been together. "Maybe I can even congratulate May and Ruri," she added as they strode down the hall.

 

"I'm glad to hear that Ruri's making progress," Setsuna commented as they reached the doors to the meeting hall.

 

"Ruri's very patient," Juri smiled slightly as she nodded to the guard getting the door, "which is good because May is remarkably skittish."

 

"Yo, Juri," Urd waved from where she stood by her lover Priss Asagiri.

 

Sylia Stingray smirked, her silvery hair held back by clips as her tawny lover Mara joked, "She has no decorum at all."

 

Urd turned to glare at Mara, "Like you're so well mannered."

 

"And there they go again," Linna chuckled softly, exchanging a warm glance with her lover Belldandy.

 

Ran watched as more guests entered the hall and sipped at her cup of eggnog, standing there by Erica, Usagi and Hotaru. Around them friends of the Senshi were gathered, the Knight Sabers, Sakura and Tomoyo, the Goddesses and many other guests. To everyone's surprise the Starlights had even agreed to come.

 

The blue haired young woman turned back to Erica then Ran asked, "I thought you were bringing your friend?"

 

Erica shook her head, black hair falling into her eyes as she said regretfully, "She has a family thing to go to."

 

"Too bad," Ran flashed a grin as she adjusted her short black dress, "I wanted to see if she was good enough for you."

 

"I like her," Usagi volunteered, her long pink hair flowing over the white dress she wore, "even if she's still in awe of all this."

 

Hotaru looked over at Ran thoughtfully as the older woman commented, "I was almost expecting you to come in uniform."

 

Ran didn't take the bait, instead she flashed a smile, "I think I caused enough of a stir wearing it when I first arrived."

 

"Too bad," the gentle voice said from behind her, "I would have liked to see it."

 

Ran turned, about to make a flippant comment when she saw who it was. Her mouth dropped open as she looked at Queen Serenity then swiftly mastered her surprise. "My Queen," she reflexedly brought her hand to her chest in a Khanite salute, half bowing.

 

"It's not necessary," Serenity said even though she seemed mildly charmed by Ran's gesture, "as I understand you renounced your citizenship in Crystal Tokyo."

 

Ran didn't make excuses, ignoring the gasps of surprise from her friends as she met Serenity's eyes, "It seemed the thing to do at the time."

 

"Either way," the taller woman gently drew Ran into a hug as Serenity said, "it's good to have you home again, Ran."

 

"Thank you," Ran whispered back, the two parting before Serenity moved off to greet some of the other guests.

 

"You renounced your citizenship?" Usagi sounded disbelieving.

 

"It was a requirement for joining the Khanite military," Ran answered them crisply, "and I was pretty certain I could reapply if I needed to."

 

"You're parents are going to have a fit when they find out," Hotaru groaned bafore adding, "assuming they don't know already."

 

In another corner of the room Makoto Kino chuckled softly as the amazonian brown haired senshi commented, "She really fainted on you?"

 

Taiki nodded, her redish brown hair tied back in it's normally severe style. "Oh yes," she agreed, "if I knew we were going to be this popular again, I don't know if I would have agreed to start preforming again."

 

Makoto admitted shyly, "I went to one of your shows a few weeks ago, the Three Lights haven't lost their touch."

 

Taiki actually blushed, the slightly taller woman looking bashful and cute. "Thank you," she answered. She looked at Makoto curiously, "I was wondering... do you still cook?"

 

"Yes," Makoto wondered where this was going, "though not as often as I'd like to."

 

"Sadly none of we three do," Taiki admitted a bit sheepishly, "and I'm getting very tired of eating out in resturants all the time."

 

Makoto felt herself smiling slightly as she asked, "You'd like me to come over and cook something for you?"

 

"More like teach me," Taiki said, still blushing.

 

"I seem to remember you were a good student," Makoto mused, "I suppose we could try."

 

"Hey, Taiki," Yaten called, the slim white haire girl waving her arm.

 

"Thank you very much, Makoto," Taiki said greatfully as she moved to join the others, "it looks like we're on."

 

The Three lights took the stage, Seiya taking the lead as they played. The Christmas songs were warm, flowing like honey over the appreciative audience. Dressed in suits and wearing their trademark colored roses they were a striking group, even with their feminine genders revealed.

 

"I can see why the girl's are all fainting over them," a clearly enchanted Makoto had to admit as she watched them preform.

 

"Peace on Earth, can it be?" Seiya sang, "Some years from now, perhapse we'll see,"

 

"See the days of glory," Yaten sang out, her voice like a bell, "Where men of good will live in peace, live in peace again."

 

"Peace on Earth, can it be?" Taiki finished up.

 

Together, all three raised there voices as one, "Every child must be made aware, every child must be made to care, to care enough for her fellow man and give all the love that they can...."

 

Serenity sighed happily as she rested her head on her husband's shoulder, both of them enjoying the singing. "Have you decided what to do about them?" Endymion asked quietly.

 

"I'd like to apologize to Seiya," Serenity answered honestly, "I've always felt bad about how I treated her back then."

 

To be continued....