Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Fairytale Princess ❯ Enter The Princess ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: This idea has been bugging me for weeks so I have finally given in and started writing it. I am still working on “Dismembered” but I have major writers block. The next chapter is underway but I’m stonewalled at the moment. So please bear with me and maybe my inspiration will come back once I get rid of this idea. Read and review.

Disclaimer: I don’t own Sailor Moon. Do you think I would be writing fanfics if I did?

------------------------------

Fairytales and folklore are wonderful stories about petite, graceful princess’ being rescued by heroic, dashing princes. And girl's who find out they’re a princess and magically do everything right. Everyone loves sitting around a fire and listening to their friends and family telling these wonderful stories. Well all but one person. And it just so happens she is living one.

“Wow,” a young blonde haired girl breathed as she stood before the castle of the Moon. The large building looked regal, mysterious and at the same time welcoming. What with its crystal like pure white marble and beautifully sculpted archways, anyone would be honoured to set eyes upon it let alone live in it.

“Come along princess. Your mother is awaiting your arrival,” an elderly man with white hair said to the flabbergasted girl. She nodded mutely and allowed herself to be led inside. The inside was even more regal than the outside. Many people bustled through the halls, most were maids but every now and then a
person of nobility would slide into view.

Seeing their elegant clothes and clean faces made her feel rather out of place. After all, this young blonde was indeed a dish maid. A dish maid that was about to become a princess.

The elderly man led her through various halls before coming to stop before a pair of grand doors.

“Well in you go,” he said with a smile as she stared. She nodded briefly before stepping forward and pushing open the doors. She found the room completely empty bar five women standing around the throne. She however only recognised one of them. The queen.

“Ah there you are. I was just informing the scouts as to your arrival,” the silver haired woman gushed as she almost ran down the steps. The maid attempted to bow before the queen before she was swept up into a warming hug.

“You need not bow, my dear. You are my daughter. You bow to no-one,” she said in her ear. The whole daughter concept was still foreign however to the young girl. She had been an orphan her entire life and now to find out she had a mother was a little daunting.

The other four women slowly walked down the steps to stand behind the queen, who had released the girl.

Each were wearing an outfit that resembled the Sailor Scouts.

‘Wait a minute. They are the Sailor Scouts,’ she thought in a daze. Here were four of the most powerful women in the universe. And they were bowing to her! A lowly servant.

“Your highness!” a young black haired man called as he entered the room. He stopped before the group and bowed.

“Rise,” Queen Selena said, releasing her daughter and standing before him. The scouts had since risen from their positions and listened in. He stood and began speaking.

“The delegates from Earth are preparing to leave as we speak,” he said shifting his gaze to whom he could only assume to be the princess. Serena however was slightly unnerved by his staring. Men had never really paid any attention to her and to suddenly have the attention of an important guard was a little scary.

“Very well then. You are dismissed,” the queen said to the man. He bowed once again, turned and left.

“Minara, Amelia, Natality, Raychel,” she called to the scouts. “I want you to take my daughter and prepare her for the arrival.”

They nodded, encircled the princess and led her away.

“Do you think she can handle this Yaten?” she asked once they had left. The white-haired-man from earlier stepped from the shadows.

“Yes milady. I’ve spent many days listening to her stories, songs and even the advice she held for the others in the marketplace. She seems wise beyond her years and I believe that there is no better candidate for our princess. She knows the people in a way we could never understand,” he replied truthfully. The queen nodded with a smile and headed off to await the visitor’s arrival.

Meanwhile, Serena was standing in the middle of a beautiful chamber as the other girls moved around her. Upon their arrival they had stripped her of her commoner clothing and proceeded to dress her accordingly. After bathing her quickly of course.

“A princess must be attired like royalty,” the scout of Mercury said as she laced up the corset now constricting the princesses bust.

“How would the royal family of the Earth react to finding the Moon princess dressed like a scullery maid?” the scout of Mars exclaimed. A tall amazonian like woman, who could none other than the scout of Jupiter, placed yet another slip over the princesses head and puled it down to her waist.

Another girl, the scout of Venus she presumed, presented her with a pair of uncomfortable looking high-heeled shoes.

“Do I have to wear this all the time?” Serena asked as she stood unsteadily in the shoes.

“Of course not your highness,” Venus replied with a smile. Her next words however made Serena rethink breathing a sigh of relief.

“You’ll need something much more formal for the dinner in three days.”

“Dinner?” she asked bewildered.

“Why yes,” Mercury interrupted. “Every year the delegates from the planets gather on the Moon for the
Millennium Banquet. This is the first year however that the Earth has been permitted to attend.”

“Why?” she asked curiously. She didn’t even notice as Venus placed long pure white gloves over her slender arms.

“The relations between the Moon and the Earth have been frayed considerably, despite their close proximity,” Mercury finished.

“You have really pretty arms,” Venus complimented. Serena blushed lightly.

“Thank you Venus,” she said. The said scout scoffed at her formality.

“Please don’t call me that. Minara will do fine. Or even Mina,” she replied. She then proceeded in introducing the others to the princess.

“This is Amelia, though she likes to be called Amy,” she said pointing to Mercury who was busy placing a single crescent moon necklace around the princess’s neck. Serena nodded.

“The one so elegantly standing beside you, playing with your hair, is Raychel, or Raye,” she continued.

“And this lovely lady,” Mina said pointing to the final girl, “Is Natality. Everyone just calls her Lita because her name is a little difficult to pronounce.” Serena nodded again as another slip was placed over the previous one.

A loud knock at the door was heard just as the scouts finished placing Serena’s white dress on.

“The Earthlings are about to arrive,” a male voice called. Serena recognised it as the man from earlier.

The one who had bowed before them in the hall.

“We will be right out,” Lita called back. He then walked away.

“Wait, why are the Earthlings arriving today if the banquet isn’t for another three?” Serena asked as they ushered her out of the room.

“Since they haven’t attended one before, the queen thought it appropriate to have them stay with us until that night. You know, give them a chance to see the Moon kingdom and all that,” Raye replied as they entered the transport room.

“Ah there you are,” the queen said as they approached. “Why my dear you look beautiful,” she gushed over her now blushing daughter.

The compliments continued while on Earth, a man paced angrily as he awaited the arrival of his son.

“Calm down darling. I’m sure Endymion will be here shortly,” his wife assured him. The generals that stood to their left shared a knowing smile as they too waited on the prince.

The king shook his head of black hair as he continued to pace. They couldn’t afford to make a wrong impression on the Moon kingdom and his son’s lateness was doing just that. His green gaze snapped up as the door opened to reveal his son. The look of relief quickly faded however as he spied who was on his son’s arm.

“Lady Giana will be joining me on our trip to the Moon,” Endymion said to his friends questioning looks.

They simply shrugged it off but his father was internally seething. He hated the honey hair coloured woman clinging to his son. She seemed too perfect for his liking.

“I apologise for being late. Giana and I had some unfinished business to attend to,” Endymion said with a wicked smile. His brown-eyed mother just sighed and stood beside her husband. Of all the women Endymion had bedded, Giana was the only one he bothered to hang around with afterwards. The only one to have held his interest longer than one night.

“Well then. Since that is all settled, shall we depart?” Giana said sweetly, batting her eyelashes at the prince. Endymion gave a nod and the group stepped up into the teleport circle. The ring began glowing white and a shimmering silver smoke rose and engulfed the group.

All talk ceased as the ring before the group of women began glowing, signalling the imminent arrival of
someone. The shimmering silver smoke swirled up to create a cylinder. It glowed also before settling back down. Now within the circle stood a group of eight people.

The King and Queen stepped down first and bowed deeply to Selena. The others soon followed suit.

When they stood, she proceeded in introducing everyone else.

“Welcome to the Moon, King Arren and Queen Beryline of Earth,” she said regally. “Please allow me to introduce my daughter, Princess Serenity,” she said pushing the girl forward.

Serena just stared wide-eyed at the group.

“Don’t you know it’s rude not to bow to royalty?” Giana said condescendingly, effectively snapping Serena from her stupor. She hastily bowed and moved back to stand beside her mother.

“Please forgive my daughter. The traditions of royalty are not well known to her yet,” Selena apologised. Endymion scoffed at this.

“Anyone would think she has been nothing more than a maid her entire life,” he joked. Selena and Serena faked a smile at his jest.

“Well, shall we show you to your rooms then?” Mina intervened.

“Excellent idea. Serena would you and the scouts please show the prince and his generals to their rooms. I wish to speak with the King and Queen in private,” Selena asked. Each of the girls nodded and motioned for the men to follow. Giana also joined them as they left the room.

“I see Endymion has a new girlfriend,” Selena said once they were gone. The King, queen and herself were now walking towards her study.

“That he has,” Beryl replied.

“I for one am not happy about this Giana being around my son,” Arren said with bitterness staining his tone. Selena nodded in agreement.

“I must apologise for the way she spoke to your daughter, Queen Selena,” Beryl said, “That was rude of her.”

“Yes, but Serena was also at fault. Tomorrow I will have the scouts begin her formal training. Hopefully learning the ways of the castle shouldn’t be too difficult for her,” she mused. The pair agreed and entered the study.

“Will this room suffice for your generals or would they prefer individual ones?” Amy asked as they showed them around a large room. The walls were a deep purple that almost bordered on black and all of the furniture was a deep mahogany colour.

“This will do fine for us milady,” The blonde haired one said sweetly. The brown haired one snorted loudly but managed to disguise it as a pathetic cough. Zoicite glared at Nephlyte as he ‘coughed’. The generals all entered their chamber and the scouts turned to take the prince to his.

“And this will be your chamber your highness,” Mina said opening another set of large doors. “You companion is welcome to stay here with you also.” Giana walked swiftly into the room and looked at it crucially.

“I suppose it will do,” she said eventually. Endymion nodded and entered with her.

“We will see you at dinner then,” Raye said before they closed the door and the scouts walked off. Lita looked around before stopping.

“What is it Lita?” Mina asked her friend.

“Aren’t we missing somebody?” she replied. The others looked around before coming to the realisation.

Serena wasn’t with them any more!