Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Finding Me ❯ Part 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Here I am with part 2 of Finding Me! I am very passionate about this story, I luff it very much! I hope you enjoy it and review! I don't own Sailor Moon; if I did I would demand they replay it in America! I would also be making more mangas of it! But it is not played in America anymore and I have no idea if she has released anymore mangas.
 
!@#$%^&*
 
Finding Me-Part 2
 
It has been 2 years since that fateful day when I met Darien Chiba. After he had left me in the park I had sat on that bench and cried while the rain drenched me. I didn't go home until the giant clock tolled 7:00p.m. and the rain had stopped.
 
When I had reached my house there were 10 messages waiting for me, all from my parents criticizing me. I erased them all and lay down on the living room rug, where I lay, wet and shivering.
 
Now I had become my parent's puppet again. That little bit of freedom I had gained from loving Darien had left me.
 
Now I sat in my apartment, watching an old, romantic movie on TCM, when I heard a pounding on my front door. I quickly turned the TV off and opened the front door.
 
A tall man with pepper colored hair stood at my door, clutching an old suede suitcase. Tears shone in his eyes as he introduced himself. “Hello, my name is Joe Jaques; I am Hotaru Jaques' father.”
 
“Hello, my name is Serena Tsukino, how can I help you?” I was confused for a moment not knowing who Hotaru Jaques but then remembering the small woman in the moon shop.
 
“My daughter passed away two days ago and in her will she left you her shop.” he said, getting to the point.
 
I was struck, remembering the quiet girl. “How did she...”
 
“She has had leukemia for 3 years. She went quickly and painlessly. I am just glad I had her for those 21 years. He handed me the suitcase and walked away.
 
I stood in my doorway for a moment more before closing the door and sitting back down on my couch.
 
I opened the suitcase and pulled out the legal documents for the shop and a key. There was also a sealed envelope addressed to me from Hotaru dated about 2 weeks ago. I tore the envelope open and pulled out a piece of blue stationary covered with curvy handwriting. I started to read:
 
Dear Serena,
I am not sure you remember me but I remember you. In case you are wondering how I know who you are and where you live, you left your umbrella in my shop with your name and address on it.
Anyway, I have left my shop to you. That's strange isn't it? Leaving a shop to someone you only met once? But, stranger yet, I feel as if I know you. So take care of my shop.
 
Hotaru
 
P.S. Did you like my book?
 
I lay the letter back down on the coffee table and fiddled with the key that had been in the suitcase. I then put the keys back down and went to my bedroom, where I sat on the floor in front of my dresser. I pulled on the handle causing the bottom drawer to squeak open. I hadn't opened this drawer since that fateful day two years ago. I had immediately stuffed the book in the drawer along with everything else I had bought that day.
 
I pushed aside now outdated clothing and small trinkets before spotting the small blue book covered with stars and moons and the two people from Hotaru's dream.
 
I stared intently at the man. He looked so much like Darien it almost felt uncanny, but I pushed that feeling aside. I knew this was the entire story of the couple in more detail than what Hotaru had given that day.
 
I brushed my fingers along the book's cover over the couple. They were holding each other love evident on both their faces. For a minute I got a serious case of déjà vu, like I had been in this position before, but again I pushed the thought from my head. I closed the drawer and brought the book back to the living room where I sat on the couch and stared at the cover.
 
Finally I sighed in exasperation. “Looking at it isn't going to help!” I whispered harshly to myself. But still I hesitated, I was afraid of what would happen if I did read it. That was silly though. Nothing bad ever came from reading a book!
 
I moved to open the front cover when suddenly a shrill ringing flooded the room. I jumped practically a foot at the sudden intrusion but quickly slowed my heart after realizing it was just the phone.
 
I answered the phone after my heart rate returned to its normal beats per minute. “Hello?” I asked already knowing who it was.
 
“Hello honey!” my mom's perky voice resonated over the phone. I held the receiver away from my ear, noticeably blanching.
 
“How are you Mom?” I asked politely even though she had just called that morning.
 
“I am fine dear, but how are you? I was concerned when you didn't call a few minutes ago.” I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion before I became enlightened.
 
“I am fine Mom.”
 
“Good, because Rosie said she saw an older gentleman visit your apartment and give you a briefcase. I thought perhaps someone was suing you.” my mother said candidly. I rolled my eyes at the ever nosy Rosie.
 
“No Mom, no one was suing me, an old acquaintance passed away, and she left me her shop in her will.” I replied.
 
“Oh, honey, I'm so sorry...” Mom said with a fake whimper.
 
“It's ok Mom, I didn't know her that well. I met her two years ago when...” I stopped there. I had never brought up Darien to my Mom, mostly because she was why we couldn't be together but it would have been too weird. She knew what I meant anyway.
 
“Well, isn't that odd. A girl you don't even know leaving you a shop in her will? What are you going to do with it?”
 
“I am going to run it, keep it the way it is.”
 
“Why don't you just sell it? You know how hard it would be to run a huge corporation and a small business.”
 
“Yes, but I can do it Mom.”
 
“What does this shop sell?” she inquired.
 
“Well,” I started. I didn't really know to explain. “It is a trinket store.” I finally said.
 
“Listen Mom,” I said. “I gotta go and don't worry about the shop, I'll deal with it. Give Dad my love and you to of course.” I then hung up before my mother could say anything else. I sighed in relief.
 
I looked beside me on the couch where the book still lay from when the phone rang. I shrugged before walking back in my bedroom and getting ready for bed.
 
---------------------
 
I was running through a field of what appeared to be roses of every color. I wore a white dress that clung to my legs as I ran. I looked across the field to what I was running to. Endymion stood before, a wide grin spread across his face. I laughed with glee when he caught me up in his arms. He set me back down and his lips gently embraced mine.
 
I sighed in contentment as we parted, completely satisfied. I then embraced him again. Endymion laughed and whispered in my ear. I could feel his breath tickle my neck but what really made me smile was what he said.
 
“I love you...my little rosebud.” he whispered. I giggled, happily. He then wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead tenderly. He then grasped my hand and started leading me to the lake when suddenly a dark cloud blocked out the light the moon had just been so generously providing, causing the field to become enshrouded in shadows.
 
Then the cloud seemed to rip itself from the sky and fall upon us before we could react. I was immediately swallowed by it. Pain ripped throughout my entire body as if I was being stabbed with a million swords.
 
----------------------
 
I woke up with a start, sweat poring down my face. I quickly grabbed my head which ached terribly and bent doubled over in pain. A scream tore from my lips, echoing throughout my apartment and carrying I'm sure to Nosy Rosie's house. I'm not sure though because after I had screamed I fainted.
 
When I woke up I was lying in a hospital bed, an IV hooked up to my arm and an air mask placed over my mouth. My mother's head was lying beside me, her hand clutching mine, though I knew she was asleep.
 
“What happened?” I asked myself silently, before remembering the dream and what happened when I woke up. I recalled the dream. It had seemed so real, the pain, the feel of Endymion kissing me...
 
Wait, who is Endymion? He had looked indubitably like Darien.
 
But what was with the dark cloud eating me? I rubbed my forehead with my free hand, trying to figure out what happened when my mother stirred and slowly lifted her head.
 
Her eyes went wide and then turned red with tears as she jumped to hug me tightly. “Oh Serena!” she whispered. “We thought we were going to loose you!”
 
My eyes widened at the unexpected display of emotion. “It's okay Mom, I'm fine. But, what happened to me? I remember waking up with a terrible headache but that's it.”
 
Mom sat back down, her hand still clutching mine. “Rosie heard a scream from your apartment at about 3:00 a.m. When she went to knock on your door and no one answered she knew something was wrong so she called us and then she called the police and so on. The paramedic said they didn't know what was happening to you. You were mumbling about the darkness and yelling for somebody named Endymion. You were shaking, sweating, and convulsing, like you were in pain.”
 
“Then when they got you to the hospital you suddenly went still and got very quiet. They were afraid you had died but then they checked for a pulse and it was there. You have been in a coma for about two months.” she finished, rubbing the dark circles that surrounded her eyes. “They ruled it as shock, since that was what you seemed to be in.”
 
“But how...” I started but was interrupted by a woman walking through the door, a chart in her hand and a surprised look on her face.
 
“Oh!” she squeaked. “You're awake! That is wonderful! How are you feeling dear? Do you have a headache? Can you breathe right?” I felt overwhelmed as the woman spoke, a sense of urgency in her voice.
 
“Yeah, I'm fine.”
 
She smiled before holding out her hand to me. “Hello Serena, my name is Dr. McCalister, but you can call me Susan.” I nodded as I shook her hand, a little stiffly since I was still lying down.
 
“So I expect Mrs. Tsukino has filled you in on your condition?” I nodded again. “Good.” Susan took a small flashlight out of her jacket pocket and shone it into my right eye; she then moved it to shine in my left eye. She then turned off the light. “What day is it?” she asked.
 
“How should I know? I have been unconscious for about 2 months. But the month should be September.” I replied, a slight sarcastic tone to my voice. Susan smiled and winked at my mom.
 
“She sure has an attitude. What is your birthday?”
 
“June 30th.”
 
“What are your parents' names?”
 
“Ken and Iileen Tsukino.”
 
“Good. She sounds fine, her eyes aren't dilated. Stand up; we have to check your balance.”
 
I slowly stood from the hospital cot and steadied myself. My knees felt a little weak but I knew they would stand beneath me. I walked to the door and back. Susan opened her mouth to say something when suddenly a grumble roared through the room. I looked at my stomach, an embarrassed look crossing my face.
 
“She will be just fine, Mrs. Tuskino.” Susan said before we all started laughing.
 
Susan told me I had to stay at the hospital for another week to have tests run to find the cause of my shock. I had to be observed when I slept. Which was odd because they hooked me up to a large machine that monitored my heart rate, which made loud beeping sounds that kept me awake, so the whole point of being observed in my sleep was defeated?
 
But staying in the hospital wasn't that bad. It was sort of like being on vacation from work, only with sterile walls and a lot of sick people.
 
Anyway, it was the second day I was in the hospital when I saw him. By him I mean Darien Shields.
 
My mom had come to visit and took me on a walk through the hall. We were laughing about something my dad's business partner had said when I saw him in his room. Tears unexpectedly sprung to my eyes and a hollow ache pounded through my chest.
 
His arm was wrapped by a cast and a large black bruise covered his eye. A bandage was taped across his forehead.
 
“Serena, honey, are you okay?” Mom asked. I quickly turned away from the door and smiled at my mom.
 
“Yeah, I'm fine, just a little tired, can we go back to my room?” I asked weakly.
 
My mom nodded, grabbing hold of my arm to lead me back to my room. My head swam with memories of the short time we had together. My mom stayed with me for a few more minutes before I convinced her that I was fine.
 
Later that night I finally got some sleep after becoming used to the beeping sound of the observation machine.
 
-----------------------------
 
I was sitting on the balcony of the Moon Palace, my head propped on one of my hands, staring at Earth. I smiled slightly as I thought of what that planet had given me. A sudden knocking from the door in my room brought me out of my reverie. I quickly ran back inside and slipped on my silk robe over my thin white nightgown. I then opened the heavy oak door to find Lita, one of my guardians.
 
“Yes, Lita?” I asked, taking in her worried expression.
 
“Princess!” Lita exclaimed, her voice full of relief. “We have to go! Your mother has learned that the darkness plans on attacking the universe...tonight. We have to get you to Pluto; Hotaru has already arrived to escort you there along with your mother.”
 
I stared at her, horror obvious on my face. “Wha...Why? How?”
 
“They are attacking tonight Serenity! You have to evacuate before they come! You are our only hope!”
 
I started shaking my head. It couldn't be real, this couldn't be happening! “The entire universe?”
 
“Yes, except for Pluto but that is only because it is such a dead planet. Please Princess, you must hurry!”
 
“But what about Earth?!” I asked before I could stop myself.
 
Lita's expression became puzzled. “We are at war with Earth; they are none of our concern. But if you insist they are staying put to fight the darkness even though their prince has disappeared.”
 
My breath turned ragged with worry, but I couldn't let Lita know. “I will go no where! I will stay and protect my people.”
 
“But Princess if you stay and are killed then the light of the universe will be forever lost! You must go!” Lita argued.
 
“I refuse. Please send mother and Hotaru away before the darkness comes but I will go no where. That is an order.” My voice turned stern in the same way my mother's did when she meant business.
 
Lita nodded but her eyes over flowed with worry for me as she left.
 
As soon as the door clicked shut my knees gave out and I collapsed to the floor. The tears I had held back when Lita was here started overflowing as sobs racked my body. I cried out for my family, my friends, my people, and most of all, the man I loved, Endymion.
 
------------------------------
 
“Serena! It's okay, wake up! Serena!” I awoke with a jolt as I heard my name being called. Susan stood over me, a worried expression on her face. A nurse stood behind her, her eyes wide with fear. An oxygen mask was yet again covering my mouth.
 
“What happened?” I whispered.
 
“You were screaming for a man named Endymion over and over, and you were crying. Then you stopped breathing and started thrashing your arms around.”
 
I closed my eyes for a brief moment, remembering the dream. That name again, who was Endymion?
 
The next day a long series of tests were performed on me. The machine that had monitored my heart had apparently picked up nothing and read just like a normal heart rate should when you sleep.
 
I knew they would find nothing physically wrong with me. This was way deeper than just physical, this was more and only one person could help, but I was afraid.
 
When they were finished with my tests I was sent back to my room with warnings to rest but I had to know. I turned down the hall opposite my room and came to the room that had been etched into my memory.
 
I stood beside the door, my heart pounding with anticipation. Finally gathering my courage, I rounded the door and saw him. He was sitting up in his cot, trying to eat his dinner with one hand. His black eye was swelled shut and a large gash was visible where the bandage had been removed.
 
He looked up and saw me. I saw him visibly freeze, his hand unmoving halfway to his open mouth. I knew I looked horrible, what with my old nightgown my mother had brought me and my long hair unbrushed and braided messily down my back.
 
“Hello Darien.” I said quietly.
 
A series of emotions passed over his face all too complex for me to understand.
 
“Hello Serena.” He slowly lowered his arm. “What are you doing here?”
 
“I should be asking you that question. What happened to you?” I asked, quickly taking the seat next to his bed.
 
“The night before last I was in a car accident.” he said, shrugging his shoulders.
 
“Oh, that's terrible. How did it happen?”
 
He looked hesitant for a moment before nodding. “I heard a scream and slammed on my breaks. Apparently the roads were slick and I slid off the bridge I had been driving over.”
 
I sat very still for a minute. The night before last was when I had screamed...and blacked out of course.
 
“So why are you here?” I stared at him wondering whether or not I should tell him about the dream I had had.
 
“Well, I was sleeping and then I woke up with a terrible headache. I remember creaming before I passed out. The paramedics said something about shock.”
 
“Shock from what?” he questioned, a worried look on his face. I looked at him, feeling happy that he was worried about me even after what had happened two years ago.
 
“I had a dream that night, actually, of two people who were on some sort of distant moon and they were killed. It just seemed so life like...so real.”
 
“That's odd. Are you feeling better now?” he asked, finally taking another bite of his dinner, seemingly more comfortable.
 
“Kind of, except last night I had a sort of relapse. I had another dream about something attacking a kingdom. It was so weird. The doctor told me I was calling out for someone called Endymion. I saw Darien quickly glance at me, his eyes startled.
 
“What?” I asked quickly, hoping he knew who it was and why he looked exactly like him.
 
“What exactly was attacking the kingdom?” he asked suspiciously. Now I knew he knew what was talking about.
 
“Some kind of force called the darkness.” I replied.
 
“I knew it wasn't just a dream!” Darien whispered hoarsely. “I should have listened to Hotaru but Beryl was so persistent!”
 
I jumped when he mentioned Hotaru. “You know Hotaru?” I asked quickly.
 
“Yeah, I met her here actually when my girlfriend was having her baby.”
 
Girlfriend. Baby. His baby. My heart broke into a million small pieces, any hope of getting him back now squashed like a buzzing fly in a crowded room.
 
“Oh, congratulations.” I said with a fake cheerful voice.
 
“Thanks, a wonderful baby boy, about to turn 1. So, how do you know Hotaru?”
 
“Well, one day I was off work and I was waiting for...something when I found her store. I only saw her that one time 2 years ago. But when she passed away 2 months ago, she left her store to me. Strange isn't?” I rambled. I wondered if he knew she had passed.
 
“Yes, that was a sad parting. She was such a sweet girl. I was at the funeral.”
 
“So, did she ever tell you her dreams that she had been having?” I asked.
 
“Yes, and I knew she devoted her entire shop to it. Will you keep it that way?”
 
“Yes, I have to, because I am having those same dreams. I don't think she had leukemia. Darien, I know this will sound crazy but the dreams I have had, Hotaru had...I think they really happened! And somehow, I think you are having the same dreams, from a different point of view.” I blurted.
 
“I know, I figured out they had to be real when I had the same dream every night for a week. In my dreams they keep calling me Endymion, apparently I am the prince of Earth and I am in love with the princess of the Moon, Serenity.”
 
“I knew it! In my dream I saw you as Endymion, but something was going to happen to you. Let's see, a guard had wanted to take me to Pluto to be safe with Hotaru, but I wouldn't leave because I was worried about you! I was Serenity!”
 
!@#$%^&*
 
There is part 2! I know it was short and the writing was kind of bad but a lot happened, right? Expect part 3 soon! Please review and remember I don't own Sailor Moon or the characters!