Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Finding Me ❯ Part 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay, here is part 3 of Finding Me! I have had a sort of writer's block lately so it may go slow at first but I'm hoping it will pick up speed later.
 
Disclaimer: I do not under any circumstances own Sailor Moon or claim any rights to the show. Thank you.
 
!@#$%^&*
 
Finding Me-Part 3
 
Darien's point of view*
 
After discovering we were both having corresponding dreams, a nurse came in and ushered Serena back to her room, lest she should upset herself or me. I then tried to read but the dreams I had been having kept running through my mind.
 
Dream #1
 
I sat beside my parents, watching the nobles of Earth whirl by, dancing to the large orchestra in the middle of the room. I sighed, a small smile playing across my face as I thought of my princess, probably asleep already.
 
“What is so amusing, Endymion?” my mother's soft voice invaded my musings and I quickly snapped back into my royal persona.
 
“I was just thinking of Grandfather doing the latest dance steps.” I lied smoothly, pointing to a cluster of teenagers doing the aforementioned dance.
 
My mother laughed silently as the thought of her father doing this entered her mind.
 
I leaned my head back against my hand and resumed my daydreaming. “Oh Endy, look at that lovely woman!” the sudden outburst from my mother caused my head to snap up. A fleeting thought ran through my mind, thinking it was my dear Serenity but then I saw flaming red hair.
 
I felt my back go rigid and I solidly stood my expression grim. At my sudden movement the crowd paused, looking up curiously. The king had also stood, suddenly recognizing the woman.
 
“What business have you here, Queen Beryl?” The king of the Earth said his voice deadly serious.
 
Queen Beryl flipped her fiery mane over her shoulder and cackled wickedly, holding a pale hand to her blood red lips. “Why, I've come to enjoy the party of course! I knew there was some sort of a mix up with the mail, that MUST be why I didn't get an invitation, but all is forgiven.” her voice grated, causing me to wince.
 
“You know you are not welcome to Earth, now leave!” my father's voice boomed authority. I looked at him admiringly. When I became King I wanted to rule like him.
 
“Not welcome?” Beryl asked innocently. “What have I done?”
 
The king's eyes narrowed to angry slits. “You remember very well the thousands you slew, innocent people!” the crowd cowered as close to the back wall as possible, all of them remembered what she had done. A child wailed, his cries piercing the unsteady silence.
 
Beryl smiled towards the crowd before cocking her finger. The wailing child immediately quieted and walked from the crowd towards Beryl. A mother's gasp emitted from the crowd. “Benjamin!” she exclaimed, tears choking her voice.
 
The young child continued walking across the ballroom towards the witch, his expression one of pure fright. Tears trailed down his chubby cheeks but not a sound came from him.
 
Panic wailed inside me as the child stopped in front of Beryl. She smiled wickedly before picking him up by his neck.
 
“LET HIM GO!!!” I screamed, jumping from the stage and brandishing my sword. Beryl merely chuckled and her fingernails bit into the child's neck, his face red from lack of air. I lunged towards Beryl, ignoring my father and mother's screams. My sword plunged into her stomach causing her to double over in surprise and drop the child.
 
I picked him up and ran him back to the crowd where a plump woman was wailing. I handed her the child before turning back to Beryl.
 
She was down on her knees, black blood running from her stomach. Her evil green eyes glared daggers at me and I glared back. I walked back towards her and pulled my sword from her stomach causing more blood to pool out.
 
“You'll pay for this! I curse you and everyone you love for all eternity! You will all die!” Beryl's creams pierced the silence. “This planet will burn forever with you all!” Beryl looked at me before smirking. “I know what you hold most dear, and you can be assured...I will destroy it!” Then a dark cloud came through the castle and shrouded Beryl before receding to reveal she was gone.
 
Panic doubled inside of me as I thought of Serenity on the moon. `Beryl knows!' I thought before placing my sword back in its sheath and running towards the field of roses.
 
Fear carried me on winged feet as I jumped the small terrace blocking my way to the garden. I jumped over the rose bushed before arriving at the fountain. I chanted the words that would open the portal that Kunzite had made for me to reach the Moon Kingdom.
 
“Love eternal,
passion enclosing,
take me to,
my love.”
 
Immediately the water in the fountain turned silver and I jumped in recklessly, the portal carrying me to the moon.
 
Dream #2
 
I fell into a field of thousands of different flowers, their scent intoxicating but my mind was only focused on one thing. I started running through the fields but stopped when I spotted her standing at the other side of the field, her gaze was on the Earth before it shifted to me. A smile lit her face as she started running towards me.
 
I ran to, closing the gap, my relief overwhelming. I picked her up and spun her around before gently kissing her and setting her back down. A series of small hugs and kisses followed before I sensed a feeling of foreboding in the air. I grabbed her hand and started leading her away when suddenly the dark cloud that had taken Beryl from the castle appeared.
 
We stepped back as if that would stop it but it only moved closer, I squeezed Serenity's hand in fear and started running but the cloud seemed to rip itself from the sky and fell upon Serenity. Her hand was ripped from me and a scream tore through the air as it devoured her. A single piece of bloodied fabric fell from the cloud as it retreated. I heard Beryl's shrill laugh as it disappeared. I picked up the fabric as tears flew freely down my face.
 
“SERENITY!!!” I screamed, my pain evident in my voice. Hard rain started pouring, mingling with my tears. I unsheathed my sword, beryl's blood washed off by the rain. I then tied the thin piece of fabric on the blade and turned it toward my chest. I whispered her name before I plunged the blade through my heart.
 
My eyes were glazed over with tears as I relived the dreams. I ran my hand through my messy hair, trying to get a grip on what was going on but I couldn't conclude anything from it. Strangely enough though my girlfriend's name was Beryl and our son's name was Benjamin.
 
I shook my head at the connection; I had been denying that thought since I first had the dream. How could it be possible that we all played a role in the dreams? Serena had mentioned Hotaru in her dream, trying to help her get away.
 
I had to admit that beryl was a bit much, always a little grumpy and controlling but she never hurt Ben. Except...
 
I remembered one night Beryl had come home from where ever she had been in such a foul mood that when Ben was crying for a bottle she had slapped him. Not hard, but enough to give him a frightened look every time he looked at Beryl.
 
I knew I didn't love Beryl but when I lost Serena Beryl was there, just someone to substitute Serena. But of course she had gotten pregnant and I couldn't leave her so I moved in with her.
 
I shook my head at my thoughts and leaned back.
 
Serena's point of view*
 
The end of the week*
 
I breathed in relief as I finally came home to my apartment. The hospital had been a nightmare, what with the beeps and white sterile walls. The only good thing had been Darien but he had left the day after I had talked to him.
 
I smiled, remembering the night we had spent together 2 years ago. But to every good dream for me there was a bad one. I remembered the meeting at the park, the pain his words had said cutting me to my very core. But he had said he loved me, right before he left, when I told him I hated him.
 
My parent's had ruined my life, but I couldn't disobey them, even though I was a grown woman I still obeyed them.
 
`It doesn't matter now...' I thought bitterly to myself. `He is in love with another.'
 
“Not necessarily...” a voice said suddenly, cutting through my musings. My head shot up quickly and warily.
 
A small cat sat on my open window. I looked around but saw no one. `I must be loosing my mind.' I thought, getting up to shoo the cat away.
 
“Maybe but that's life.” My eyes narrowed to the small cat on the windowsill.
 
“Did you just...?” I walked to the window and looked out but I saw no one. I stared down in amazement at the cat that smiled, yes smiled, up at me.
 
“Yes, I did just talk. My name is Luna and I am here to protect you!” The black cat jumped from the window and landed on the couch where she settled in.
 
“How...how is that possible? Cat's can't talk!” I nearly shouted.
 
“No they can't but I am not a cat. I was sent here from the moon to prevent history from repeating itself. You see, you are Princess Serenity of the Moon Kingdom and Queen Beryl is out to kill you.” the cat said matter-of-fact, rubbing her paw against the small crescent moon on her forehead.
 
I muttered something about this being unbelievable before I fainted.
 
!@#$%^&*
 
Okay, this was very short but I wanted to introduce Luna and Artemis in different chapters so bear with me! Hope you enjoyed it and please review! Sailor Moon does not belong to me, so don't sue me please! More chapters out soon!