Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Fire Soul Love ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I don't own Sailor Moon. I own my mind and my ideas only. This is basically a one shot thing, after all the editing and revising I've done. But, if any of you want me to do a follow up to this. Please email me or review for this story. Thanks much.

Fire Soul Love

By: Ruka-chan

It was a bright, sunny day in the Juuban School District. All the inner senshi were in school. Rei was running to the cafeteria when she turned a corner, all she saw was a flash of golden blonde hair. Before she knew, she was on the floor and someone lay next to her on their side. Rei sat up to see whom it was she had knocked into. Turns out that she had knocked into Minako. Minako had obviously hit her head hard on the linoleum. "Kami-sama! Mina-chan, are you okay?" She didn't answer.

Usagi saw Minako run out of the cafeteria so she went to see what was wrong with the blonde senshi of love. When she got to the hall that Rei and Minako had collided, she clapped her hands over her mouth when she saw Rei hovering over, seeing if she's okay. Rei saw Usagi and quickly summoned her.

"Quick, Usagi-chan go get the nurse!"

When Rei and Usagi had gotten Minako to the nurse's office; they put her down on one of the beds. They both looked extremely worried.

"Nurse, is she going to be okay?" Rei and Usagi asked simultaneously.

"Oh I'm sure she will be. But, you two should both be in class or at lunch." Rei quickly responded, "We're both at lunch and I only go half day on Fridays. So if it's okay with you I would like to stay with her until she wakes up."

"Fine, but you need to go to class in a few minutes, Miss Tsukino."

Usagi reluctantly agreed, "Okay, hey Rei-chan before I leave I have to ask you something. Are we still going to have a study session after school?"

" Iie, you did know that she is staying with me and grandpa at the shrine because her parents are out of town on business for a couple weeks, right?"

"Uhh… no I didn't, well then I guess I won't see you after school then. Bye!" Usagi waves goodbye and then leaves the nurse's office and heads to class.

"Well since she is staying with you, Miss Hino, when she wakes up you can take her home. I'll call the principal's office and tell them she is going home with you."

After the nurse had gotten done with lecturing Rei, Minako had opened her eyes and moaned at the bright light in the room. "Well Miss Aino, glad to see you awake. You were starting to worry us."

Minako glanced up to see who was talking to her, but all she saw when she looked was Rei's two beautiful amethyst eyes. ' Kami-sama, Rei is beautiful.' Minako's eyes glanced down for second, and looked at the two huge spheres which were Rei's breasts barely showing over Rei's blouse. Minako thought to herself, 'Why must I admire you from afar. I wish I were brave enough to just come out and just say that I love you.' Minako emerged from her own little world when she realized that the nurse and Rei were both staring Minako for not answering. "Okay Miss Aino, you seem to be fine. Are you ready to leave?"

"Where am I going?"

"Weren't you just listening, mush-for-brains?" Rei retorted. "The nurse asked you if you were ready to go home and you just stared at my chest."

"Oh, gomen Rei-chan. Hai, I'm ready."

"Okay then, Rei is going to take you home. And I don't want you jumping around when you get there either," looking at Rei, "and make sure she doesn't do anything strenuous."

"Hai, ma'am."

While walking back to the shrine, Rei had a question on her mind that she wanted to ask Minako.

"Mina-chan, why were you staring at my breasts?"

"Uh… I… um…well what… I mean to say… that is…"

"Well are you going to answer me or just babble 'til we get to the shrine?" Rei said harshly.

'Because I am madly in love with you. And all I want is to lay my head on your chest and stay that way forever, with us cuddling.' Minako thought to herself while trying to find another excuse she could use. "I don't know…"

"Oi… there has to be a reason why you just stared. You didn't stop until the nurse practically screamed her question in your face." 'Why do I bother with her? Half the time she has no clue about what people are saying. There must be something about her, but what?'

Rei and Minako walked the rest of the way to the shrine without speaking another word to each other. When they got to the stone steps, the two girls went up them quietly and entered the shrine. Minako's stomach rumbled when they passed the kitchen. Rei heard and asked," Are you hungry? Because I can make you something, if you'd like?"

Minako smiled, "Sure, that would be great. I didn't get to eat lunch at school because…" her voice died away.

"Because why? What happened?"

Minako dropped to the floor on her knees and cried into her soft, delicate hands. Rei, who had no experience in comforting others, just sat down next to the crying blonde and extended an arm across the back of Minako. Her maternal instincts kicking in, she pulled Minako toward her and laid her head on her shoulder. Slowly rocking back and forth, she whispered into Minako's ear that it was going to be all right.

Minako just sat there in Rei's arms. Electricity shot through her body with each touch from Rei's soft, silky, alabaster skin. She felt so safe in the arms of her beloved miko. By now, her seemingly endless onslaught of cries had ceased to mere sobs. She looked up at Rei, who valiantly tried to calm her. 'There is no way that she feels the same about me. But, why would she try so hard to comfort me? Maybe it is because she can see how much pain I'm in… do her feelings go deeper? I wish they did.'

"Mina-chan, are you okay? What happened at lunch?"

Still sniffling, "You know Motoki-kun, right?"

"Hai, what about him?"

"Well we have been going out for a couple of months now… Three months to be exact…" Minako's voice trailed off again.

"You have been keeping this from me? Why?"

"Hai, I don't know… I was going to tell you, but…"

"But what?" Rei's face was a deep shade of red, " Did you think I would be jealous?! You should be able to tell me anything, no matter what."

"I know, but some things are just hard to tell…"

"Anyway, what about the relationship with you and Motoki-kun?"

"Oh, Rei-chan! He broke up with me!"

"Why did he break up with you?"

"…Because he wanted to have sex and I wasn't ready…" Minako got very quiet. "He said that if I loved him that I would have sex… I tried to tell him that I wasn't ready, but he…"

At this point, Minako was overwhelmed by her emotions and broke down in tears again. Rei again tried to comfort the senshi of love. 'What the hell has he done to you?' Rei's face turned to stone thinking about the numerous possibilities that could have happened, 'I swear when I find out he will pay. It must be horrible. The last time I saw anyone cry this much was when that stupid, Mamoru-baka broke up with Usa-chan.'

"Shh… calm down Mina-chan. It will be all right. You don't have to talk about it anymore." Rei knowing that she still wanted to hear what Minako had to say, but knew it would be hard on Minako the way this was going.

"I know, but I'm going to continue anyway…" Minako took a deep breath, "The next day, we were going to his house to study, you know for that exam we had to take about a week ago, well anyway, we ended up not studying…" tears began to gather at the corners of those crystal blue pools.

"He…he…r-r-raped… me!"

Rei looked like she was about to kill, "HE DID WHAT?!"

Minako looked away in shame, tears trickling down her face. Rei quickly suppressed her anger and wrapped her arms around Minako. "I'm so sorry!" Rei carefully rocked the two of them back and forth while saying apologies to Minako for what happened. "Oh Mina-chan, I'm so sorry that this has happened. I wish there were some way that I could have prevented it. Oh kami-sama, I'm sorry…"

At that moment Rei, who tried to stay calm felt like a dam after a storm. She cried into Minako's golden mane and kept rocking back and forth. The problems that had been heaped upon her this day were too much to bear with all of the other problems the senshi of fire had to face. Her duties of being a senshi had tremendous effects on her soul.

Minako forced a reply from her quivering lips; "I'm sorry Rei-chan. I shouldn't have dragged you into this… It's just that…" 'Damn it! I bring myself to tell her. She doesn't even feel the same way about me. I want to tell her, but I can't. Oh what's the use for feelings when they're not returned!'

"What is it? You know you can tell me anything." 'What is she trying to tell me? Maybe she… no, she doesn't feel that way. I shouldn't kid myself about these kinds of things. I shouldn't get my hopes up.'

"Never mind, it's not that important…" 'Oh you liar! Stop prancing around things and just tell her! No, I can't, if she doesn't feel like I do, it will ruin our friendship and I don't want that to happen.'

"Rei-chan? Do you think I could just get something to eat now? I'm really hungry…"

"Sure." Rei gave Minako one last hug before letting her go to make her some lunch. After Minako had eaten, Rei told her that she needed to get some rest. Minako reluctantly agreed and was lead to Rei's room. There, she laid down on Rei's futon. "Sleep well…"

"I wanted to thank you for what you did… I'm sorry, I should have told you what happened earlier…"

"It's no problem. Just watch those blind corners." Rei playfully nudged Minako with her elbow and left the room to let Minako sleep.

'Sacred Fire, please guide me…' Rei sat in front of the Fire in the room, dressed in her Shinto robes. She was hoping to find answers to all of her questions. One of which involved a blonde that had apparently captured her heart.

While Rei was consulting the Sacred Fire, Minako had suddenly stirred from her slumber. Finding she had only been asleep for an hour, she got up to see what Rei was doing. Minako walked past the sliding doors that led to the Fire chamber and caught a glimpse of her miko meditating. She quietly walked in, careful not to disturb the raven-haired senshi of fire.

Minako walked slowly up behind Rei and sat down behind her, wrapping her arms around her waist and leaning her head on Rei's shoulder. Rei jumped at Minako's touch, taking her away from her meditation. No longer being able to meditate under the goddess of love's hold.

"Mina-chan you scared me…" Said Rei stiffening.

"I'm sorry, but I couldn't sleep. I wish… I had my teddy bear…" Minako slowly drew in a breath and released it. Rei shivered as the air being exhaled from Minako, was blown on her neck unintentionally. Rei stiffened up again. "What's wrong Rei-chan? You're so tense…" Said a sleepy Minako.

"It's nothing really, I was just thinking about my question for the Sacred Fire."

"What did you ask it?"

"Oh nothing too important…" Rei lied.

"It had to be something important otherwise you wouldn't have been seeking an answer from it." Minako leaned closer against Rei, pushing self closer around the miko.

'Oh my god…' Rei thought to herself. Figuring out the blonde's intentions. 'She likes me… and she's getting a little close… not that it feels bad or wrong.' Rei leaned into Minako, relaxing her muscles a little.

Minako unfolded her legs and scooted as close as she could to Rei, not being able to control her actions that well, anymore.

"Mina-chan? What are you doing?"

Minako didn't answer, as she had fallen asleep again, her body still pressed up against Rei's in a very intimate looking position. Her breathing evened out.

"She's asleep… how can she sleep in this position?" Rei remembered what Minako had said earlier. 'I wish… I had my teddy bear…' "Oh gosh… she… no way… why would she?" A realization came to Rei. "I remember asking Usa-chan about this. She said 'Mina-chan sleeps very well and she doesn't use a teddy bear when I'm over…'" Rei felt her cheeks grow hot. "She sleeps this close with me…" Rei decided to take Minako back to her room.

After getting Minako back onto her futon, Rei quickly changed into her pajamas and joined Minako in bed. She covered the blonde up and laid a kiss on her forehead, wishing her a good night's sleep.

A few hours had passed when Minako started to toss and turn in her sleep. "Rei-chan! No! Help me!" Minako screamed, which woke Rei up.

"Mina-chan! I'm right here. What is it?!" Minako began shaking uncontrollably and sought out Rei's loving arms for comfort. Rei enveloped Minako in her arms rocking her back and forth. "What happened?"

"I… I had a bad dream… It was about… Motoki-kun…" Minako started to cry and Rei comforted her.

"Shh… it's ok. It was only a dream…" Rei ran her fingers through Minako's silky, long blonde hair. Once she felt Minako stop shaking she laid her back down on the futon. "Maybe I should go make you some tea…"

"No… please don't leave me… no matter how long you say you will be gone. Don't leave, I don't want any tea." Minako pulled Rei down with her and wrapped her arms around the miko.

"Mina-chan…"

"I don't need tea right now… I need a friend who will comfort me…" Minako leaned her head on Rei's chest and fell asleep.

"She doesn't need this… She shouldn't have to go through this…" Rei kissed the top of Minako's head and wrapped her arms around the sleeping girl.

Just as Rei was drifting to sleep, she heard a small whisper. "I love you, Rei-chan…"