Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Fire Under The Mistletoe ❯ Snapshot of the Future ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Fire Under The Mistletoe
Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon. If I did then I wouldn't be writing this. Naoko Takeuchi owns Sailor Moon.
Snapshot of the Future
Present Day Tokyo
“Cheese!”
“I think we took a good Christmas picture together.  What do you think, Chibiusa?”  Rei asked as she, Chibiusa, and Usagi left the Christmas background.
Chibiusa looked at the picture that the photographer gave her.
“I think it looks great!  Usagi’s smile is a bit creepy though.”
“Creepy?!  You’re one to talk, you little runt!  You should have been airbrushed out of the photo.”
Rei stopped the arguing before it got worse.  
“Will you two stop fighting, please?  We are at the mall to have fun.  Chibiusa, I love Usagi’s smile.  Usagi, Chibiusa does not need to be airbrushed out of the photo.”
“You’re right, Rei.  Usagi, I am sorry for saying your smile looks creepy.”
“And I’m sorry for saying you shouldn’t be in the photo, Chibiusa.  How about we go see Santa now while the line is short?”
How Rei got them to stop arguing was beyond her.  Chibiusa smiled and held both Rei and Usagi’s hand as they got in line.  Deep down, Usagi knew that Chibiusa was probably right.  Her smile was pretty wide but she couldn’t help it.  She was with two people that she loved very much.  If that meant looking creepy, then so be it.
Little did they know that they were being watched.
“Awww, they look so adorable, Setsuna!  It’s like they are a family.” Minako exclaimed.
Setsuna just remained silent.  A little smile came appeared on her face.
“Setsyyy, I can tell you’re hiding something from me.  You saw their future, didn’t you?  Well, tell me what you saw!”
“Minako, you know as the gatekeeper of time, I have certain rules to obey.”
“I’ll make it worth your while later on.” Minako promised seductively.
Setsuna couldn’t resist.  “Well, rules were made to be broken, right?”  She whispered to Minako what she saw in Rei and Usagi’s future.
They are?  Well that explains why Chibiusa acts more like them, but how?  Ooooh, the Ginzuishou, I never thought about that!  Chibiusa calls Rei what?  That is too cute!”
After Rei and Usagi took Chibiusa to see Santa, they noticed Setsuna and Minako.”
“Hey Setsuna, hey Minako!” Chibiusa called out.  “What are you two whispering about?”
“Ummm, I was just telling Minako what I was going to Haruka and Michiru for Christmas.”
“What are going to give me?”
“It’s a secret, Small Lady.  Well, Minako and I should continue our Christmas shopping.  We will see you ladies another time.”
As they walked on, Minako looked back at them.  “Goodbye Usagi.  Goodbye Chibiusa.”  Minako then grinned at Rei.  “Goodbye Papa.
Rei gave Minako a confused look.
“What?”

Author Note:  Normally, I dislike the pairing of Setsuna/Minako.  However, I felt that they couple worked well for this particular story.