Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Fire Under The Mistletoe ❯ Skating with the Family ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Fire Under The Mistletoe

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon. If I did then I wouldn't be writing this. Naoko Takeuchi owns Sailor Moon.
Skating with the Family

Crystal Tokyo

“Minako, have you seen my parents?”
“They are outside skating, Chibiusa.”
“Alright, thanks!”
Chibiusa went outside and saw two figures, one dressed in a long white gown while the other was a masked figure clad in a lavender tuxedo suited with a cape.  The white and lavender colors blended together as the two were spinning in the middle of the ice with their fingers locked together.  The couple then held onto each other with one hand as the gowned woman leaned into the taller figure.  Afterwards, they spotted their young daughter.
“Wow!  Momma, papa, how did you two get so good at ice skating?  It’s like you two are dancing on ice!”
Rei spoke to her daughter.  “Well Chibiusa, your mother and I were great ice skaters a long time ago on the Moon Kingdom.  Would you like to try?”
“I...I don’t think I can.”
“Nonsense, Small Lady.” Serenity said.  “Just lace up and we will help you.  We have an extra pair of skates for you in the corner.”
Serenity and Rei extended their hands out to Chibiusa after she laced her skates on.  Once Chibiusa grabbed their hands, the family skated couple of laps around the ice.
“You’re doing well, Chibiusa!”  Rei yelled.  “Do you think you can skate on your own now?”
“I don’t know.  I can try.”
“Okay, are you ready?”
“Hai papa.”
Serenity and Rei let go of her hands and watched as their daughter made her way around the ice.
“Momma!  Papa!  I’m doing it!  I’m skating!”
“We knew you could!” Serenity said, proud of her daughter.
Chibiusa then came hurdling towards her parents.  
“Uhoh, where are the breaks on these things?!  I can’t stop!”
“CHIBIUSA, WATCH OUT!”  Serenity and Rei shouted in unison.
It was too late.  All three of them came crashing down on the ice.  Serenity and Rei stared at their daughter.
“Sorry momma.  Sorry papa.”
The couple just smiled and laughed.
“It’s okay, Chibiusa.  I wasn’t always the best ice skater.  It just takes some practice.  Let’s try again.”  Serenity said.
Rei stood up first and helped her lover and her daughter from the ground.   Chibiusa smiled as Serenity and Rei latched onto her hands again and went for another round of skating.