Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Forbidden Love ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Forbidden Love Chapter Two


Mina woke up the next morning to the sun shining down on her face. She pulled the pink and yellow comforter over her head and yawned. Artemis was sprawled out on the floor, in a dream and pawing at the nothingness in the air. She crawled out of bed and turned on her cd player and put in Vanessa Mae. She was all alone because her mom had to go early to work and get flowers for a wedding ready.

Mina walked into the bathroom to take a shower, and didn't notice the little crack from the door not closing all the way. As she turned on the water to pretty hot, she thought about Kaden and how they would meet today. She hurried through her shower. She jumped out and the bathroom was like a sauna, all steamy and hot. The noise of the running water awoke Artemis and he peered into the crack. He blushed at seeing Mina that way, and quickly turned his head.

As she popped out of the bathroom, Artemis looked up. Wow, she's beautiful, like the Goddess herself, he thought.

"Morning Artemis!" Mina greeted him with a smile. She pulled out her blue jean Capri's and pink, purple and white tank top out of the closet and ran back into the bathroom to change.

"Morning Mina. How was your night? Did you sleep well?" Artemis said. He peered up at the clock, remembering Mina had to be at the park at noon. He figured he'd better leave her for a bit while she got ready.

"It was good." She replied. She came out of the bathroom.

"Artemis? Artemis where are you?" She called. But he didn't answer. She finished her make up and then went down stairs to pack the picnic she had promised Kaden. She put in some of Lita's home made cheese cake, spaghetti pie she had made herself, French bread, plates, two cups and forks, and some lemonade. She laid the red checkered blanket carefully over it all and closed the basket.

By the time she was all ready, it was almost noon. Mina flew out the door and headed for the park.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Kaden was sitting, legs out stretched, underneath the big oak tree. There was a gentle cool breeze. It ruffled his hair a little. He looked up and saw Mina heading towards him. He stood up to greet her.

"Hello Pretty Lady. Or Mina, which ever you prefer! I'm glad to see you again." Kaden said as he smiled at her. Mina smiled back.

"Hello, Kaden. I brought everything, like I promised. You can call me both." Mina replied.

They both sat down and spread the blanket out on the grass. Mina set everything out, and poured the lemonade.
"I was so excited to see you again Mina. How was your night? I hope great." He asked as he took a sip of his drink.

"I slept well and I woke up a little late. My cat left, and I hope he's ok. I told him I was going, but... oh never mind lol." Mina began.

"You have a cat? I love cats. I have some of my own. I love animals." Kaden said.

They both began eating and soon were finished. Mina put the lemonade and leftovers and blanket in the basket.

"Let's go on the play ground, or at least the swings! I can't leave here without swinging!" Mina said excitedly. She ran towards the swings and began to swing. Kaden sat down next to her and swayed back and forth slowly.

"Mina, I've been thinking," Kaden said as he stood up and began to give Mina pushes. " Obviously, if I'm wrong tell me, we've fallen for each other. I was wondering if .. you would want to .. ya know, go out with me? If not I can totally under stand."

"Kaden, your so silly. Can I have some more time? I mean, I'd love to and all, but give me until he end of today ok?" Mina replied, turning around to look up at him.

"That's cool, Pretty Lady. I respect that." Kaden said. He stopped the swing.

"You ok?"

"Yeah, just had this weird feeling..." He looked behind him. Something ran behind the
bushes.

"Kaden, what is it?" Mina asked getting off the swing and looking towards the bushes also.

"I.. I dunno... you stay here and I'll che---"

"AHHHHHHHHHH!" Mina yelled as a droid monster jumped out from behind the bush. She had to transform, but she couldn't in front of Kaden.

"Mina, go get help and I'll stay here ok? Hurry!" Kaden yelled grabbing a pretty thick stick off of the ground.

"Like that's gonna stop me!" The monster said, kicking the stick far into the air and it landed in the lake. Mina ran to a building and hid along side of it.

"Venus Crystal Power MAKE UP!" She yelled, jabbing her henshin wand in the air. A ribbon of orange and yellow stars surrounded her, and then a light shined up through the ground beneath her. Her transformation was complete.

"MINAKO!!!!!" Kaden screamed. The droid monster had pinned him to the ground. Sailor Venus came running to the scene.

"Excuse me, but what do you think you are doing? I am Sailor Venus! And in the name of Venus, I will punish you! Get offa him, you crack hole!" Sailor Venus yelled. She ran up to the droid.

"What you gonna do about it, Barbie Doll? No one can defeat me, Genie!" Genie said. The rest of the scouts came to Venus's side.

"Oh, more dolls. I'm, really scared." Genie mock cried.

"Well you should be! I am Sailor Moon! Champion of Love and justice. I write wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means you" Sailor Moon said.

"Mars Flame Sniper!" Sailor Mars yelled, pulling back the imaginary string to her bow and letting the fiery arrow fly into Genie.

"Jupiter Oak Evolution!" Jupiter yelled. A cluster of razor sharp leaves cut at Genie, causing him to scream in pain. Kaden wasn't any where to be found, at least in the park.

"Venus Love and Beauty Shock!" Venus yelled. The kiss heart cut deep into Genie, and killed him. The girls let out a sigh.

"Hey, where did Kaden go? He was here just a minute ago." Ami said as she detransformed along with the rest of the girls.

"I don't know. I hope he's ok, that thing pounced on him." Mina said picking up the basket. She pushed a lock of her hair behind her ear.

"Mina, what were you two doing?" Lita asked. Serena was bugging Mina too.

"Why do you guys need to know? All we did was have a picnic. That's it. Aw damn, I was supposed to tell him something important too." Mina replied.

"Are you gonna look for him? We'll help!" Serena said. They all began looking around the park and a few blocks around the park. But he wasn't any where. Rae saw Artemis walk into the park.

"Artemis! What are you doing here?" She asked him. She knelt on the ground beside him.

"Ach, I was just walking around. In the control room, it spotted an evil monster, so I was wondering of you guys were ok?" He replied.

"Yeah, we're fine, but we can't find Mina's lover boy any where." Rae said standing up.

"I'm glad you all are ok, they are getting pretty bad lately. Well, I'd help you guys look for him, but I gotta go meet Luna. Bye!" Artemis said running off in the opposite direction.

Mina, Ami, Lita and Serena met up with Rae.

"Did you see him at all? Artemis just came here... then he said he had to meet Luna." Rae explained.

"No we didn't. Man, I don't want to leave until I find him. Who knows were I can find him.. or reach him..." Mina said. She sat down on a rock in the shade. "You guys can leave, I know you probably have better things to do!"

"I'll stay." Serena offered. The rest of the girls wandered off.

"Mina, I'm sorry we were bugging you about him. We just don't want you to feel left out or anything." Serena said. She sat down on the ground next to Mina.

"Hey Serena? I'm gonna tell you something, only if you promise not to tell Rae and Lita and Ami ok?" Mina said. She stretched out her legs.

"Ok, I won't."

"Kaden asked me if I'd go out with him. I really want to, Serena, but, I'm too shy to tell him. I don't want to be hurt again, like I was all those other times."