Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Forbidden ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Forbidden

Authors Note: This is my second attempt at a Haruka and Michiru fiction. I don't know if this story has been done already. Sorry if it has. Reviews would be great.

Disclaimers: I don't own anything!! Naoko Takeuchi owns these characters, I'm just borrowing them.

Forbidden

Beep. Beep. Beep. A hand smacks the clock.

"Five more minutes" moaned an aqua hair girl under the warm covers. Beep. Beep. Beep. Tired blue eyes open and glance over towards the clock. 6:50 am.

"Shoot, Haruka going to be here in 10 minutes," The blankets went flying to the floor. The aqua haired goddess got out of bed. The room began to spin. She sat back down on the bed.

"Must have got up to fast" she thought to herself. She went over to the bathroom to get ready for school. She looked into the mirror; her reflection looked a little pale. She put her hand to her forehead, it was very warm. She rolled her eyes and muttered to herself "I can't afford to get sick, mother won't allow it."

Her mother wasn't a very caring towards her daughter and her choice of friends. Last time Haruka came over she kicked her out and told her never to come back. My mother is an ungrateful little..... She lost her thought as she heard the door bell ring. She glanced over to her clock, 7:05.

"Shoot" she still was wearing her pyjamas. She walked down the stairs. She would have run but her head wasn't feeling right. She opened the door

"hello, Ruka" and before the tall blonde could reply the sea goddess was half way up the stairs.

Haruka had a concerned look on her face. Usually Michiru was ready before she even got to her house. It was a good thing that Michiru's mother wasn't home. She didn't feel like getting lectured about her appearance and behaviour.

"Ruka"

Haruka was so lost in thought that she didn't hear Michiru come downstairs. She looked at Michiru; her face was paler than normal. Her beautiful blue eyes shone feverish. Haruka put her hand on her forehead, it was hot.

"You have a fever, Michi."

"I have the rehearsal today and I can't miss it." Michiru gave Haruka a look that you possibly couldn't saw no too. ****

Michiru stood on stage with the rest of the orchestra. She felt the room spin but she refused to give in. She set her violin under her chin and closed her eyes. She began playing but the spinning of the room increased in her head and her stomach started to hurt more and more. She opened her eyes and the feeling over took her. She went to her knees and felt how someone grabbed her before her whole world went black.

Haruka was looking out the window in her English class. She didn't like English that much. A soft knock on the door brought her attention towards the door.

"Come in" the teacher spoke. A person from the office stuck her head in the door. The teacher approached her and they started to talk. Haruka didn't pay attention to them any more.

"Haruka," the teacher called her name.

"Will you come here, and bring all your stuff." `What did I do now' she thought as she packed her belongings in her bag.

"You drive Ms Kaioh to school, right?" Asked the lady from the office. Haruka nodded her head `yes.' The lady continued to talk,

"Ms Kaioh fainted during her rehearsal, and she is in the nurse office." Haruka heart stopped beating.

"Is she alright"

"Yes, the doctor says that she has a very bad cold and a touch of a fever. She should go home and rest."

They started to walk to the nurse office. "We called her mother but she isn't there so we left a message with her secretary. Ms. Kaioh told us that you would take her home, is that alright with you?" Haruka just nodded her head in agreement. `I should have known better than to let her go to school.'

Haruka enter the nurse office and her heart stopped beating again. She looks so fragile laying there under those white blankets. She walked closer to the bed and sat down on the chair beside the bed. She took Michiru's cold hand in her warm one. Michiru opened her tired eyes and looked into two concerned teal eyes she loved so much.

"How are you feeling?" It was know more than a whisper. The sea goddess just smiled a weak smile.

"This is my entire fault; I should have forced you to stay in bed." `Those teal eyes are so full of concern and …fear?'

"It wasn't your fault, Ruka" she muttered.

"I'm the one who gave you that look you can't refuses" Her smile grow as Haruka face got red.

"Let's take you home and put you to bed" Haruka said after the colour of her face return to normal. *****

Haruka helped Michiru up the stairs to her bedroom. They were lucky that Michiru's mother wasn't home. Haruka wouldn't have been allowed to enter the house and help her friend get to bed. Michiru's mother wouldn't have really cared about the health of her daughter. Sometimes Haruka wished she could tell Michiru's mother off but it would just get Michiru in trouble.

Haruka lead Michiru over to the bed and sat her down. She went off into the closet to look for pyjamas that were warm. The only thing she found was night gowns that wouldn't keep her very warm. She got some blankets off the self to cover Michiru's shacking body.

The room was spinning around so fast. She felt like she could throw up at any minute. She closed her eyes to make the room stop spinning, it didn't work very well. She felt a warm hand on her arm. She opened her eyes and two teal eyes were looking back at her. "How are you feeling," a blanket was wrapped around her freezing body.

"Alright" whispered a shacking voice.

"You know, your not a very good lair" Haruka hand touch her forehead.

"You better get some rest, Michi." Haruka got off the bed and headed for the door. "Ruka…" She stopped in her tracks. "…will you stay here with me until I fall a sleep?" Michiru wondered if it was too much to ask of her friend. Haruka turned around and looked at a very pale face.

"If it will help you go to sleep faster." She walked over to a chair that was sitting in the corner of the room and sat down. She glanced over to her friend's bed and sighed. How she wished she could hold the sea goddess in her arms and keep her warm. ****

Haruka sat in the chair which was getting very uncomfortable for over two hours. She checked her watch, it was getting late. She'd better leave before Michiru's mother came home and found her in her daughter's bedroom. She got off the chair and went closer to the bed. She glanced over all the blankets and found Michiru sleeping. `She's even more beautiful when she sleeps.' She had the urge to run her hands through her aqua hair. She sighed and walked very quietly out of Michiru's room and out the front door. She headed to her lonely apartment for an even lonelier night. ******

The sun was shinning through the curtains as Michiru opened her tired blue eyes. She yawned and turned over in bed to try and get more sleep. A soft knock on the door interrupted her attempt at getting more sleep. Michiru rolled her eyes. She knew it was her mother and that she would tell her to get up and go to school. Michiru's mother stuck her head in the door and told her to get up and go to school.

"You don't get a very good education if you don't go to school." Her mother voice sounded uncaring as always. Michiru couldn't remember the last time her mother even asked her how she was feeling. Her mother left the room and headed to work. Michiru glanced over at the clock; it was 6:30am. She groaned and put her arm over her eyes. She just wanted to go back to sleep.

`I wonder if I should call her' Haruka looked at her watch, it was almost seven. She ran her hands through her short blonde hair. She picked up the phone and dialled Michiru's number. One ring, two rings.

"Hello," her voice was full of sleep. `You baka, you woke her up!'

"Hi Michi" "Hi Ruka" Haruka smiled, she liked it when Michiru called her by her nick name.

"How are you feeling this morning?" The only response she got was a yawn.

"Sorry, I'm just so tired."

"I guess I'll let you go back to sleep then" She was really concerned about the health of Michiru.

"Talk to you later"

"Bye," they said in unison. She hung the phone up. Haruka left her apartment and headed off to school for another boring day.

Michiru put the phone back and rolled over in bed. `Someone cares about me.' She smiled at that thought and drifted off into a deep sleep of wonderful dreams. *****

"How are you feeling today, Ms Kaioh?" Asked her music teacher, Mrs. Yuhazi.

"Much better today, thanks." The bell rang for class to start. Everyone took their sits. "As you know class" Mrs. Yuhazi stood in front of her class,

"we have been selected to perform at the 25th annual Charity Ball that's being held on the cruise liner `Serenity' next week." Mrs. Yuhazi turned towards Michiru and smiled. "The class and I have decided that you, Michiru should perform a solo song with your violin." Michiru just stared at her and smiled as politely as possible. `You have got to be kidding.' She thought to herself. She swallowed the lump that formed in her throat

"I'd love too." The teacher smile grew in size, if that is even possible. The rest of the class practised for the up coming performance while Michiru was trying to come up with a new song for her solo act. Michiru sighed, she needed some inspiration but were could she get it from. The bell interrupted her thought. It was the end of the day; she headed towards Haruka's car for a ride home. ***

Haruka was leaning against her gold coloured car waiting for Michiru. She was looking towards the entrance of the school and saw a flash of aqua. She smiled `here comes my sea goddess.' Haruka would never tell Michiru the feelings she had for her. It's been over a year since Haruka fell in love with her best friend. She watched as Michiru walked over to the car.

"Hey," Haruka was the first one to speak.

"Hello, Ruka." Haruka opened the passenger side door for Michiru to get in.

"Thanks" Michiru smiled. Haruka walked over to the driver side and got in and drove off.

"Do you want to go to the café before going home?" Haruka looked over to her passenger.

"Sure"

Haruka order two cups of tea and brought them over to a booth in the back of the café were Michiru sat.

"How were your classes today?" Haruka broke the silence.

"Alright" Michiru sipped on her tea. Haruka noticed that Michiru looked a little worried. Michiru let out a sigh.

"I have a solo performance coming up at the Charity Ball next week and I'm a bit nervous."

"You'll do great, you're an excellent violinist," Haruka smiled and sipped her tea. Michiru tried to hide her slightly blushed face as she drank the rest of her tea.

They headed to Michiru's house after about an hour at the café. Haruka stopped in front of the neighbour's house because Michiru's mother was home.

"See you tomorrow, Ruka." She got out of the car and headed towards her house. Michiru was semi nervous about telling her mother about her performance.

"I'm home," she yelled as she walked in the door. No response. She headed to her mother's room. She knocked on the door softly.

"Come in" her mother more or less order. Michiru entered and stood in the door way. "Your home late, were have you been." Her mother flipped through the book she was reading, not even bothering looking at her daughter.

"I was out with a friend, we went to a café for a drink" `Why does she even care about me being late, she didn't care that much when I was sick' She thought to herself as she waited for her mother response.

"It wasn't with that Tenoh person, was it?" Michiru tried to change to topic.

"Uh... I'll be giving a performance next week for the Charity Ball that's being held on `Serenity." Michiru hoped that her mother would forget about her `friend' that she went out with.

"Really" her mother still didn't look at her.

"Do you get paid for it?" Michiru rolled her eyes. "I don't think so." Michiru's mother waved her hand in the air for her to leave. She shut the door as she left. `Is that all she thinks about,' she walked to her room to practise her violin. ******

Haruka opened her door to her apartment, walked in and shut and locked the door. She headed to the living room after she put her coat on the chair beside the door. Instead of walking over to the couch, she headed towards the black piano which stood next to the balcony doors. She sat down on the bench and lifted the cover off of the keys. She hadn't played since her mother died eight years ago. She laid her fingers over the keys not making a sound. She closed her eyes and could hear familiar music playing. She opened her eyes and sighed.

~~Flashback~~

"Mama!" A young woman sat at a black piano. She had long blonde hair that went to her waist and green eyes.

"Yes Haru." The women stopped playing and turned to look at her daughter.

"Can you teach me to play?" The young women smiled and patted the sit next to her. The girl jumped on the bench.

"What song would you like to learn?"

"The one you were playing." The women smiled and started to teach her daughter.

~~End Flashback~~

Haruka began playing Fur Elise. (AN: It's by Beethoven) Half way through the song a loud banging came from the room next door. So she stopped and put the cover back on and headed for the bedroom. *****

"Mama, you can't leave me!!" A little blonde haired girl sat beside a white hospital bed looking at a very pale woman. The girl's hand was holding very tightly to her mother's hand not wanting to let go. The women looked into her baby girls teal eyes and gave her a weak smile, then closed her eyes forever.

"Mama!"

Haruka eyes opened and she sat up in bed. Her eyes were burning with unshed tears. She has been having this dream occasionally over the past eight years. She got out of bed and headed for the bathroom to wash her sweaty face and try to get a couple of hours of sleep before school starts.*****

A red sports car speed down the race track at numerous speed.

"What time is it?" A voice came through the head set.

"It's quarter past eight, why?"

"I've got to go." The red sports car headed for the pit area. A guy in a red racing suit got out of the car through the window and took of his helmet revealing short blonde hair. "Haruka, what are you doing?" One of the mechanics asked as she stormed past him to the locker room. All of the mechanics think that Haruka is a man and she indented to keep it that way. The rules of the sport say that women can't take part in racing but Haruka hopes one day that will change.

"I have to go, a have some thing important to do." She said well getting out of her racing suit. The mechanic that followed her into the locker room knew Haruka's real gender and didn't really care because she is an awesome driver.

"What about your training? Your big race is in ten days."

"Don't worry about it." She gathered her things and left before he could say anymore. *****

Michiru arrived at the Charity Ball two hours before it started to get ready for her solo performance. She stood in front of a mirror wearing a blue spaghetti strapped evening dress that fit her every curve and it hung to the floor. With a sliver necklace that had a sapphire that lead just beneath her collar bone.

"I don't know if I can perform in front of these people." She talked to her reflection in the mirror. `I wish that Ruka could have been here instead of at her training.' She opened her violin case and got her violin out to get a last practise in before her performance. Michiru put the violin under her chin and closed her eyes; the bow never got a chance to glide over the strings. Someone was at her door. Michiru placed her violin careful down on the table and headed for the door. When she opened the door there stood a young boy with brown hair, he held a white box with red lacing around it. "Are you Ms. Kaioh?" The young boy asked. Michiru nodded yes. He handed it to her and started to turn and leave.

"Wait, who is this from?" The boy turned and smiled at the aqua hair woman.

"You will know." With that the boy turned around and ran down the hall. Michiru looked at the box puzzled as she shut the door. She sat it down next to her violin and opened it. Inside was a single red rose and a note. It read: `Good luck Michi, not that you need it.' Michiru put the flower to her nose and smelled it. `There is only one person, who calls me Michi,' she thought,

"Ruka" ****

Haruka stood by the wall waiting for Michiru to come on stage and perform. The lights dimmed and Michiru walked or more like floated to the middle of the stage. She bowed to the audience and began to play her instrument with her eyes closed.

"She plays so beautifully." Haruka could hear people around her talking about the performance. `It is beautiful because Michi is a very beautiful person' she thought as she watched Michiru sway back and forth with her violin. The violin music stops and a loud applause could be heard all over the ship. Michiru bows and looks around for someone. Blue eyes meet green eyes. Michiru leaves the stage and heads for her room but before she enters the hall way she looks back and smiles at Ruka. `Why does her smile always make me feel weak in the knees' Haruka thought as she followed Michiru to her room.

Michiru was waiting by her room door for Haruka to come. `I can't believe she came,' she thought as she waited for Haruka with her eyes closed.

"Hello," Michiru felt a hand on her shoulder. She opened her eyes and looked at Haruka, her eyes grew wide. Haruka was wearing a black suit coat and dress pants with a cross over collar gold shirt which had a metal button at the collar. Handsome is the only word Michiru could think of. Haruka noticed that Michiru was staring at her for a long time. "What's the matter?" Michiru blinked and blushed realizing she was staring.

"Nothing, I was just admiring how handsome you are." It was Haruka's turn to blush. After their faces turned to there normal colour Michiru asked

"I thought you couldn't come?"

"I didn't want to promise you something that I couldn't keep, that's all." Michiru was putting her violin back in its rightful place.

"Are you going home already? The night is still young." Haruka walked over to the windows and looked up to the sky. The stars were shining making the night sparkle. Michiru glanced over to were Haruka was and froze in motion, the moon was shining on her making her even more beautiful than she already is. Haruka felt eyes on her; she turned and saw Michiru staring at her again. This made her heart skip a few beats. `Do I dare ask her to dance with me?' Haruka walked over to Michiru and looked into two pretty blue eyes and smiled. She swallowed the lump forming in her throat,

"Would you like to…" she ran her hands through her hair "… dance with me?" She held her breath waiting to be rejected by her secret crush. Michiru heart started to beat faster. With all her courage she managed to say yes. Haruka held her hand out for her to take it. Haruka led them to the ballroom were people were waltzing. Haruka bowed and kissed the top of Michiru hand. Michiru heart felt like it would explode from beating so fast. `This is the first time I'll dance with her, I hope she doesn't feel my heart' Michiru thought as Haruka pulled her closer. `She feels so warm.' Haruka thought as she led them across the dance floor. `This feels so right being in her arms.' Michiru thought as she looked into teal eyes she loved so much. Haruka brought Michiru even closer than before, she was being intoxicated by her perfume. Michiru didn't want the song to end; she wanted to be held by Haruka forever but she knew it wouldn't happen. Just as she thought this the song ended and Haruka let go of her. Michiru sighed; she missed the warmth and security, she can't remember the last time anyone held her like that. She was on the verge of crying, she couldn't look into Haruka's eyes so she excused herself and ran out of the ballroom and back to her room. Haruka watched her leave `what did I do.' She thought as she ran after her.

Michiru was laying on the bed with her eyes looking out the window. A light knocking on the door broke the silence in the room.

"Michi, may I come in?" It was Haruka. No response. Haruka turned the knob and to her surprise it was unlock. She peered into the room and saw a figure on the bed. `What am I going to say?' She sat down on the opposite side of the bed and looked at the floor. "Are you alright Michi," she pause

"did I do something to hurt you?" Her voice sounded like she was holding back tears. Michiru turned and looked at Haruka. Haruka looked at watery blue eyes, `I made her cry, you're such a baka.'

"Ruka," Michiru sobbed and turned to face the wall instead of looking at two worried teal eyes.

"The way you held me, Ruka" she paused to gather her thoughts.

"I haven't been held like that in a very long time." More tears were running down her already tear stained face. Haruka took a deep breath, got off the bed and went to the other side of the bed to face Michiru. She sat down on a nearby chair. She didn't know what to do. She wanted to embrace her like when they were dancing but she knew she couldn't. She wiped the tears off Michiru face with her thumbs. Michiru sat up and more tears replaced the once that were just removed. Before Haruka could react Michiru had her arms around her waist crying even more. The only thing she could do was hug her back and try and comfort her until she stopped crying. Twenty minutes later Michiru had cried her last tear. She realized what position she was in and let go of Haruka waist. "I'm sorry," she looked at the floor. Haruka put her finger under Michiru chin and made her look into her eyes.

"Don't worry about it." Haruka smiled. "My shoulder is always here for you to cry on." Michiru smiled and sat back on to the bed.

"So… do you want to go back to the ball and meet all your new fans or do you want me to take you home?" Haruka stood up from the chair and offered her hand to Michiru. "Actually, I'd like to go for a walk in a park with my best friend." Michiru took Haruka's offered hand. Haruka smiled and headed for the door with Michiru and her violin in tow.

Haruka drove to a park that was near to her apartment. She parked the car and got out and opened Michiru's door. Michiru thanked her and began to walk towards the sidewalk. Haruka quickly caught up to her.

"What a beautiful night," Michiru was looking up to the sky and smiling. `I'm glad she is happy again, I hate to see her crying.' Haruka felt an arm being wrapped around her own. She looked down into sparkling blue eyes and smiled back at her.

"It surely is a beautiful night." They walked along the path for awhile in silence. Haruka tried her best to stifle a yawn but it didn't work very while. The headed back towards the car. Haruka could feel Michiru shacking from the cold even though it was summer time the nights still got pretty cold. Haruka took her jacket off and hanged it over Michiru shoulders.

"Don't want you to catch another cold." Haruka opened the passenger side door and headed for the driver's seat. They drove in silence for awhile until Haruka broke it.

"I didn't see your mother there tonight?" Michiru put her head down so she couldn't read her response. Haruka just pretended that she didn't even ask the question. She pulled into the drive way of Michiru's house since her mother wasn't home.

"My mother had some important meeting or something." Michiru looked over to her car racer.

"It didn't really matter to me if she came or not..." she paused and looked out the passenger window avoiding Haruka's eyes.

"…the only thing that matters is that you were there." Haruka smiled and got out of the car to open Michiru's door like a true gentleman.

"Do you want to come in for awhile? My mom probably won't be home until tomorrow."

`Why is my heart pounding so fast? I guess I'm afraid of her response' Michiru looked at Haruka with pleading eyes. Haruka looked down to the ground.

"I don't think I should, I have training tomorrow real early." If you could hear Michiru's heart you would hear it breaking into little pieces.

"Okay, I'd better go than." Michiru turned around and headed to the front door. She could feel a single tear escape her eye. Haruka looked up just in time to see that tear. `I made her cry twice in one night. What kind of person makes their love cry?' Haruka ran her hands through her hair.

"Michiru!" She ran towards the front door before she could shut it.

"Michi, please tell what's bothering you?" Haruka begged. Michiru avoided her eyes, "I-I." Michiru was mumbling which she never did unless she wanted to say something important. Haruka put her fingers under her chin and made her look at her. Michiru eyes were shinning and her face was becoming wet with her tears. Haruka was beginning to get lost in those blue eyes. `I want you to love me.' Michiru thought as she looked into teal eyes that was now a shade darker than normal. Haruka didn't know what she was doing but it felt so right. She bent towards Michiru lips and placed a gentle kiss on them. Michiru kissed her back to Haruka's surprise. They parted after that small affectionate of love.

"I'm sorry; I didn't realize what I was doing." Haruka was silenced by Michiru's finger. Michiru eyes were shinning with happiness. She stood on the tops of her toes to give Haruka another kiss.

"Is this right, Michi? What about your mother?" Haruka was silenced by Michiru's lips on hers. Haruka wrapped her arms around Michiru's waist and pulled her closer. *****