Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Forbidden ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Forbidden

Through the darkness of night two figures are seen on the couch. One is sitting up right and the other has its head resting on the others lap. The only light seen in the room is the moons. Tired green eyes open slightly and a hand runs through blonde hair. The sound of light snoring broke the silence of the night. Haruka glanced down at the sleeping goddess that rests her head upon her lap. The moon is illuminating Michiru beautiful features on her face making her even more beautiful. Haruka has a small smile on her face as she remembers what happened early. How Michiru kissed her so lovingly and didn't reject her like so many people have done before. `I wonder what time it is.' Haruka pushed a button on her watch which makes the numbers light up. `4:30. I better leave before her mother comes home; I don't want her in trouble because of me.' Haruka carefully lefts Michiru's head off her lap and slides out, putting a pillow under her head. Haruka brushes some of Michiru's aqua hair out of her face and gently kisses her cheek. Michiru moves her head but doesn't wake up. Haruka smiles and leaves Michiru to her wonderful dreams. *****

Michiru hears a tapping of a foot on the wooden floors. She opens her eyes and sees her mother standing there with a very disappointing look on her face. Michiru sits up rubbing her eyes.

"Why are you sleeping on the couch instead of that expensive bed I bought for you?" Her mother was getting very upset over nothing. `Where is Haruka?' she thought as she looked around the room.

"What are you looking for?" Her mother demanded.

"Nothing." Michiru got up off the couch and started to head for her bedroom.

"Stop right there young lady." Her mother demanded.

"I asked you a question." Michiru stopped in her tracks. `What am I suppose to say, Haruka and I fell asleep on the couch.' She thought.

"I was too tired to go up the stairs to my room so I just slept here." Michiru started to go but was stopped by her mother again.

"Where did you get that coat?" Michiru didn't know what to say.

"I…I got this coat from…a friend at the ball last night. `Does she believe me' Michiru held her breathe for the response. Her mother's cell phone went off before she had a chance give a response. Michiru quickly made her way out of the room before her mother could tell her what she thought.

Michiru entered her room, shutting and locking the door which she installed recently. She took off Haruka's coat and placed it on her bed. She took a shower and got changed, wearing a dark purple blouse and a pair of blue jeans. Michiru sat on her bed and looked at the jacket; she picked it up and smelled it. It smelled like Haruka's cologne, she closed her eyes and remember what happened last night. How Haruka kissed her and how she held her in her arms. Michiru opened her eyes and looked at the clock, `Haruka should be at the race track, training.' Michiru placed the jacket in her closet so that her mother wouldn't remember the conversation they had earlier. Michiru headed out of her room and quietly down the stairs and out of the house so that her mother wouldn't hear her. *****

"Wow Haruka, that was your fastest time yet." One of the pit crew said as Haruka got out of her car. The blonde had a smile from ear to ear on her face; she never had gone that fast before.

"Tenoh, you have a visitor." Haruka's boss shouted from his office.

"She's at the main gates," her boss was looking through some papers.

"You know I don't allow visitors when we are training."

"Yes sir, I know." Haruka hurried out of the office and walked over to the main gates. When she got closer, she could see a person standing there with aqua coloured hair. `Michiru' Haruka ran the rest of the way to the gate.

"Hello Michiru." Haruka sneaked up behind her. Michiru jumped out of her skin and quickly turned around.

"Haruka, you scared me." Michiru smacked her on the arm.

"Mr. Tenoh, sorry but she can't come in, Mr. Yamada won't allow it." The security guard apologised.

"Ya, I know." Haruka took hold of Michiru hand and lead her over to the end of the parking lot were a picnic table was. They sat down opposite of each other. "I hope I didn't get you in trouble with your boss." Michiru looked down at the table.

"You didn't get me in trouble." Haruka smiled at the beauty in front of her.

`So, what brings you here?" Haruka changed the topic before it made her feel worse then she already was.

"You forgot your jacket at my place last night." Michiru looked into Haruka's teal green eyes that she loved so much. Haruka smiled at the thought of what happened between them.

"My mother asked me where I got it." Haruka smile turned into a frown.

"What did you…?" Michiru cut her off.

"The phone rang so I never got a chance to tell her." Haruka stared off into the parking lot. `I shouldn't have stayed the night.' Haruka didn't say anything; Michiru was beginning to get worried. She took a hold of Haruka's hand and held it to her face. Haruka looked at her with a worry expression on her face. She drew her hand away from the soft face of her goddess.

"Not here Michi, what if someone sees." Haruka regretted what she said when she looked at Michiru's eyes; they were full of hurt and sadness.

"I don't care if anyone sees us, Haruka." Michiru gets up from the table and runs off. "Michi!" Haruka gets up and runs after her.

"Michi wait." Michiru stops because she knows that she can't out run Haruka.

"Michi, I'm sorry." Michiru looks at the ground instead of at Haruka.

"It's just that, I don't want your mother to find out." Haruka puts her hand under Michiru's chin, making her look at her.

"I don't want you hurt by that so called mother of yours."

"I know, but I just want to be with you." Haruka was taken back by this, no one wanted to be with her except her mother. Haruka stared into Michiru's blue eyes to see if she really meant it. She smiled to herself as she found that she really meant it.

"I should get back to the track before I'm really fired." Haruka bent over and kissed Michiru on the cheek.

"See ya later." Haruka turned and ran back to the track. Michiru stood there shocked. `She actually kissed me in public.' Michiru's hand covered the spot where Haruka just kissed her. She turned and walked home with the biggest smile on her face. ****

`Where is she?' Michiru stood in front of her house waiting for a ride from Haruka. `I'm going to be late.' Michiru decided that she couldn't wait anymore and hurried off to school. She arrived just in time for the bell to ring. She ran off to her class before she was mark truant. Michiru and Haruka had the same second period together. She sat in the front and Haruka sat in the back corner all by herself. She wished that she could sit by her but the teacher won't allow it for some reason, probably because of my mother's wishes. When Michiru enter her second period history class Haruka wasn't there either. `I hope she is okay.' Michiru sat at her desk waiting for class to start. `It seems so empty in here without Haruka beautiful smile.' The bell rang and the teacher took attendance. "Michiru Kaioh?"

"Present." `I wish I never came today.'

"Haruka Tenoh?" No answer. "Does anyone know where Haruka is today?" The teacher asked the students.

"I seen him yesterday the race track." One of the students yelled. `Everyone at school thinks that Haruka is a guy and not a girl.' Michiru smiled at the thought as she knows something about Haruka that nobody else does. The teacher began his lectures about WWII. `Where is she?' *****

Haruka looked into the sky; the clouds were black as night, lightening light the sky, sheets of rain poured over the coward of people. The people wore black which matched the sky. Tears ran down Haruka's face but know one noticed because the rain was mixed in with it.

"May she rest in peace." The priest closed his book and looked over to a little blonde haired girl.

"Haruka, would you like to say anything?" Haruka shook her head no. The crowd of people got smaller and smaller until only Haruka stood there. In front of her laid a gravestone `Kotori Tenoh -beloved mother and daughter.'

"Mama!" Haruka feel to her knees crying.

Haruka's eyes opened and she sat up in bed swing her legs over the side. Beads of sweat rolled down her face, her pyjamas clanged to her body, she was trembling.

"Mom." Haruka rested her head on her hands covering her eyes.

"Today would have been your birthday.'

"I miss you so much," Haruka uncovered her eyes and looked at a picture that stood on her night table. It's a picture of Haruka and her mother at the beach. They were laughing at there attempt at building a san castle. Her eyes glanced over to the clock seven o'clock. `I should probably call her and tell her I'm not going today.' Haruka got up out of bed and headed to phone, three rings later she hung up.

"I'll see her later.' She slowly made her way to the bathroom. She run the water for a bath, she usually had a shower but her bones were aching from all the training she did yesterday and she needed to relax them. *****

The bell rung for school to end, Michiru put her books in her locker and walked out the front door of the school. She looked over to the parking lot were Haruka usually waited for her. The spot was empty, no Haruka. Michiru sighed and continued to walk home. `I should go to her house and see if she is okay but the only problem with that is that I don't even know where is lives.' Michiru crossed the street and walked through the park, the same one that Haruka took her after the Ball. Michiru saw a familiar looking person sitting on a bench just ahead of her. `Haruka?' She quickened her pace. As she got closer to the person she realized it wasn't Haruka. Michiru walked away disappointed.

She arrived to an empty house, just the way she liked it. She hurried up stairs, putting her violin on the table and went and lay on her bed. Ring. Ring. She picked the phone up. "Hello."

"Hi Michi." It was Haruka.

"Ruka…are you okay?" She sat up on the bed.

"I'm fine, just had a bad night, that's all." Michiru let out a sigh of relieve.

"Do you want to talk about?" If you could have seen Haruka you would she her run her hands through her hair nervously.

"No, but I was wondering if you would like to come to my first race on Saturday?"

"I'd love to Ruka." Michiru was jumping off the walls with happiness.

"Great, I'll see you at school tomorrow then." ****

"And Tenoh takes the lead and with only one lap to go, will he make?" The announcer was getting excited; this would be the first time that a beginner would take the lead and maybe win the race.

"Tenoh wins! Tenoh wins!" The cheer of the crowd erupted. The red sports car pulls into the pit area; it's immediately surrounded by fans, reports and the pit crew. The driver climbs out and takes off his helmet. He waves to the fans that are still in the stands, the crowd is yelling his name. He looks around for a single person that means the world to and spots her at the back of the crowd. He goes on stage to except his reward, the second and third place winners are standing beside him. He stands tall and proud of his accomplishment. He's handed his trophy and cheque and then drowned in champagne by his fellow racers. He's having the time of his life. He walks off the stage and makes his way through the crowd and over to his girlfriend.

"I'm glad you could make it." Green eyes lock onto blue eyes.

"I won't have missed it for the world." They smile at each other.

"Would you like to go out for dinner and celebrate my victory?" A flash of a camera made them flinch. Haruka grab hold of Michiru hand and they ran off towards the locker room where no report could follow.

"I'll take a shower then I'll drive you home." Michiru nodded in agreement. ****

Michiru stood in front of her mirror in her bedroom. She was wearing a blue Georgette gown with spaghetti straps, with material gathered around her chest and a draped back. `I can't wait until Haruka gets here.' Michiru sat down at her make-up table to some lipstick and mascara on. `I wonder where she is going to take me?' Ding dong, Michiru half ran half walked down the stairs, she opened the door, her breath was taken away by the sight that was before her. Haruka was wearing a navy blue suit coat and pants with a light blue shirt underneath and a tie with gold prints.

"Hello Michi." She held out a single red rose. Michiru took the rose and put it to her nose and smelled it.

"Come in, I just got to get my purse." She took off upstairs. `I wonder were Mrs. Kaioh is?' Haruka looked at a painting near the door.

"My mom bought that well she was in Paris." Haruka turned around; she didn't even hear her come downstairs.

"Shall we go my fair lady?" Haruka offered her, her arm. Michiru smiled and took a hold of her arm.

Haruka pulled her car in the parking lot of Rizzo's, the most elegant restaurant in the city. Haruka help Michiru out of the car and they headed into the restaurant.

"Reservation, sir?" Haruka smiled at that comment.

"Two, for Tenoh." Right this way." The waiter led them to their table which was across from the dance floor.

"Would you like a drink well you wait for your food?"

"Yes, a bottle of your finest white wine." The waiter gathered the menu and left the table.

"You look beautiful tonight Michi." Haruka smiled as a light pink appeared on Michiru face. The waiter came back with the bottle of wine.

"Are you ready to order?" They order their food. Music started to play and some people got up and started to dance. Haruka got up off her chair and walked over to Michiru. "May I have this dance?" Haruka offered her hand for Michiru to take it. She led them to the dance floor, Haruka put Michiru's hand on her shoulder and she placed her hand on her waist. They began to sway with the music and Haruka pulled Michiru closer to her. If you would watch them dancing you would think that they have dance with each other for years. They were that intone with each others movement. Michiru lad her head on Haruka's shoulder and closed her eyes, the smell of Haruka's cologne was intoxicating her. Haruka looked down at her, `I'm the luckiest person to have such a wonderful girlfriend.' The song came to an end much to their disliking. Michiru opened her eyes and looked up into a smiling face. They went back to their table and ate their food and drank their wine. Haruka paid the bill and they left the restaurant.

Haruka drove to her most favourite spot in the city, a cliff that over looked the ocean. It was perfect timing, the sun was almost set making the sky orangey red. Haruka stood behind Michiru so she wouldn't fall over by the strong wind.

"It's so beautiful here, Ruka." She leaned back into Haruka, who wrapped her arms around her waist.

"Not as beautiful as you though," whispered Haruka in her ear. That sent shivers up and down her spine.

"Are you clod?" Haruka felt Michiru shivering in her arms. She took off her coat and put it around her shoulders.

"You know, I'm not going to have any coats left if you keep on getting cold." They stood in silence as the sky turned black for the night.

"It's getting late, I should take you home." They headed back to the car and drove to Michiru's house.

"Thanks for the wonderful night Haruka." They walked up to the door.

"You're welcome Michi." They stopped at the door; Michiru dug in her purse for the keys and unlocked the door.

"Good night Michi." Haruka leaned down towards her lips and placed a loving kiss on them. Michiru dropped her purse on the ground and wrapped her arms around her waist. Haruka deepened the kiss; she ran her hands up and down Michiru's back pulling her closer to her body. They parted after awhile to catch their breath. Haruka leaned her head on Michiru's forehead and looked into her pretty blue eyes.

"I should go." Haruka smiled as Michiru shook her head no.

"Can't you stay with me?"

"If your mother finds me here I'm a goner." Haruka raised her head off of Michiru's and kissed her on the forehead. She let go of Michiru and walked to her car well Michiru watched her from the porch. Haruka waved her hand and got in her car and drove off. Michiru went inside of her house and closed the door behind her.

Across the street in the window of the second floor of a house two eyes are peering out through the curtains. ******