Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Forbidden ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Forbidden

Michiru is in her room getting ready for school when her mother storms in yelling at her. "Michiru, what's the meaning of this?" She pointed to a picture in the newspaper. She looked at the picture `Oh crap, it's a picture of me and Haruka at the race track.' Her stomach starts to hurt as she thought of what her mother was going to do to her.

"I told you not to be friends with him and you disobeyed me." She yelled at her well she ripped the picture into little pieces.

`Him? I guess she forgot that Haruka is a girl not a guy.' She smiles to herself.

"You will never see him again is that clear Michiru?"

"No mother!" Her mother's face was getting red with anger.

"What did you say?" Michiru swallowed hard, this is the first time she would stick up to her ungrateful mother.

"No mother, I will not stop being friends with him." Her heart was beating so fast, she was so angry with her so called mother. Her mother's eyes shone angry at her disobedient daughter. Michiru didn't see it coming, her mother slapped her across the face so hard her nose began to bleed, she fell on the floor in shock, her own mother, her own flesh and blood slapped her. She felt warm liquid running down her face.

"We'll discuss this later." Her mother didn't even say she was sorry or that she didn't mean to hit her, she just left and slammed the door behind her. Michiru could feel tears running down her very sore face, the pain from her face didn't hurt as much as the pain inside her, she assumed her mother didn't love her but now she knew that it was actually true. The feeling of loneliness started to over come her. ****

Haruka opened her door to her apartment to get the newspaper for the day; she opened it up and began reading it as she headed into the kitchen. She got to the sports section and froze; she looked at the picture of her and Michiru at the race track.

"Oh no," she dropped the newspaper on the floor and ran to her bedroom to get dressed for school and ran out of her apartment to her car within five minutes. She drove over to Michiru's house as quickly as possible without getting pulled over by the police.

As she pulled up to the house she looked at the driveway to see if Michiru's mother was there which she wasn't. She drove a little pass the house and saw someone sitting on the curb in front of the neighbours house with there face in there hands, the person had aqua coloured hair.

"Michiru?" She stopped the car and got out and ran over to the Michiru. She knelt down in front of her.

"Michi," she took one of her hands `her hands are so cold,'

"Michi, are you okay?" Michiru lifted her head and looked into concerned teal eyes. Haruka gasped in shock at Michiru face, the left side of her face was beet red, her eye was starting to turn black and there was dried blood under her nose.

"Who did this to you Michiru, who?" Haruka demanded, Michiru looked at her with a shocked expression, she has never heard her speak like that before not even when people made fun of her. She started to cry as she thought of what just happened to her.

"It was your mother, wasn't it?" Haruka stood up and had her fist clinched into fists of rage. She looked down at her love eyes and saw the pain that she was going through, she took a deep breathe and knelt down to eye level of Michiru. The rage she felt seconds ago simple vanished when she looked into Michiru's eyes. She tried to wipe away Michiru's tears but new ones kept replacing them. Michiru closed her eyes as she felt the gentle touch of soft hands on her face.

"We better get some ice on your face before it really swells up." Haruka took Michiru's hands and helped her up off the curb and guided her to her car.

"It will be alright Michiru, I promise you." Michiru looked at Haruka and nodded her head as she couldn't talk without breaking down and cry more. Haruka drove to her apartment to help Michiru instead of going to Michiru's house encase her mother came back and she wouldn't be able to hold herself back from punching Michiru's mother in the face for hurting Michi.

The drive to Haruka's was very silent as Michiru didn't want to talk about anything, Haruka tried to started a conversation but Michiru didn't say anything. Haruka looked at Michiru out of the corner of her eye and seen her playing nervously with her shirt, `probably worried about what's going to happen next with her and her mother.' Haruka reached for her hand and brought it up to her mouth and kissed the top of it.

"It will be alright Michi." Haruka smiled trying to reinsure her, Michiru just stared out the front window but didn't let go of her hand. ****

Haruka pulled into the parking lot of her apartment. Michiru looked up at the big building before her, her eyes widen at the size of it, the top of it rest in the clouds.

"We're here Michi," Haruka got out of the car after parking it and helped Michiru out of the passengers side. They walked over to front of the building and into the elevator. The ride seemed to take forever to Michiru, her face started to throb and she felt light headed. Haruka looked at the numbers on top of the elevator door, only at the tenth floor, `ten more floors to go,' she ran her hand through her hair, no one has ever been in her apartment before. She let out a sigh and looked at Michiru sad face. `I don't know how a mother could slap their own child.'

Michiru started to fall backwards as the elevator stopped at the twentieth floor; Haruka caught her before she fell on the ground, Michiru looked up at Haruka eyes that she loved so much, she closed her eyes as she felt safe beginning near Haruka. Haruka guided Michiru to her apartment door and unlocked it letting her in. Michiru sat on the couch as Haruka went into the kitchen to get an ice pack. Michiru looked around the living room, in front of her stood a rather big television maybe a 42" to her left was a black leather chair that matched the couch on which she sat. To her right was the dining room that has a big window looking out at the city.

"Here you go Michi." Haruka handed her an ice pack for her face and sat on table facing her.

"Is it alright if I wipe the blood off under your nose?" Haruka had a towel in her hand. Michiru nodded her head yes. She flinched as Haruka gently touched her face with the towel.

"Sorry," Haruka put down the towel, "you should put the ice on your face to keep the swelling down." She got up off the table and walked into another room. Michiru closed her eyes as she put the ice pack on her throbbing face, she could hear soft music playing all of a sudden, it was the piano accompanied by the violin. She opened her eyes as she felt someone watching her; Haruka was standing to the right of her wearing a pair of black jeans and a t-shirt. She walked over to her and handed her a pair of sweat pants and a t-shirt.

"I thought you might want to change out of your school uniform and into some more comfortable cloths." Haruka ran her hand through her hair, Michiru got up off the couch with the clothes in hand.

"You can get changed in my bedroom if you want," she points over to the door that she just came out of, she watched her go into the bedroom then went into the kitchen to make some tea for the both of them.

After she made the tea she carried it out into the living, Michiru was still in her bedroom, Haruka walked over to the room and knocks on the closed door,

"Are you alright Michi?" She waited for an answer but never got one. She opened the door very slowly and stuck her head in, Michiru stood by Haruka's dresser and stared at the pictures that lay on top. She walked over to Michiru and saw tears running down her face, `I hate seeing you cry Michi.' Haruka took hold of her hand and gave it a light squeeze,

"Is this your mother Haruka?" It was no more than a whisper but Haruka heard it, she looked down at the picture that Michiru was staring at.

"Ya, that's my mother," She smiled as she remembered that day; they were at the beach building a sand castle.

"You look very happy there." Michiru let go of Haruka's hand and walked over to balcony door. Haruka started to feel guilty as her mother loved her with all her heart and Michiru's mother doesn't even care if she lives or dies. She walked over to Michiru and wrapped her arms around her; they stayed like that for the longest time until Michiru broke the silence,

"Can you believe that my own mother doesn't love me?" She looked down at her feet. "Nobody loves me Ruka," Haruka felt her trembling in her arms, "you have know idea what that is like, to be alive for eighteen years and have no one tell you once that they love you." Michiru was crying more now, Haruka couldn't take this anymore so she turned Michiru around so that she would face her, she tried to wipe away the tears but new ones kept replacing the old ones.

"That's not true Michi someone in this world loves you…" Haruka tightened her grip around her waist and rested her head on her shoulder and took a deep breath, she wasn't good at revealing her feeling to another person. She whispered in her ear "…that person is me Michi." ****