Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Forgotten Promise ❯ Suffering and Vengeance ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Well, here I am with chapter 6 of Forgotten Promise. Sorry for the lack of updating, senior things are really getting to me. I’m sure that after that’s all done and over with, I’ll have plenty of time to update my fanfics.

If you want to join a mailing list for updates on my fics, go to my bio on ff.net.

Chapter 5: Suffering and Vengeance

The Boreal Hound lay on the cold, hard, slick floor in pain. All was silent, except the large animal’s crackling breath.

He lay there in silence, the life flowing red essence covering his body and lacerations wide open for infection, but the animal needed rest before he could tend to his wounds properly.

The wounded dog began to reflect on what had happened in the past battle with the sailor senshi. A few fated moments of silence passed by and he began to take in the situation for what it was. A smile of cold malice laced his face. The animal thought of the destruction he would soon cause on the unsuspecting villages, and the sheer thought of destroying the senshi in the name of the Negamoon, of course.

He said nothing, but still he lay there, half conscious, seeming to stare off in front of him, into the darkness of the room itself. His face held a glaze of pain to it, yet seemed devoid of anything around him.

You...You all will die. He thought to himself as he lay there on the cold, unmoving ground. You have often haunted me in the past, thusly, I will kill you all. As of this far, my hopes seem in vain.

The slowly and painfully perched himself on his front paws, shakily steadying himself to sit up. The hound made slight protests of pain as he did so, and began to assess the wounds, making sure to rid them of any infection with his saliva.

Puny humans and their pathetic ways. All I can do is rest here until my wounds heal.

He cringed in pain as his tongue lashed across the laceration.

After the canine had washed away the possible infections, he resumed his position and lay on his belly. His front paws were outstretched in front of him and his wings lay daintily to the side.

After a few moments of getting situated, the animal gazed forward into the darkness.

Darkness, what a comforting thought. The beast thought to himself.

Now, I must think of some way to rid myself of these enigmas know as Sailor Senshi. I can’t be caught going back to the Negamoon looking like this, I have to think of a plan.

He flinched once more. But... He closed one eye in pain. I have to rest first.

“Perhaps in my dreams something will come to me.”

The hound rested his head on his fore flanks and slowly shut his eyes. He was careful not to move, for it tugged on the already ripped skin and could cause for some major pain, plus, he didn’t think he could move in his state.

Sleep slowly overcame him.

“Well, “ Ami sighed as she folded clothes. “It seems they really have forgotten. I guess I can’t blame them though, with being a sailor and all, things can get a bit hectic.”

The blue haired teen looked out of the window. “It’s a beautiful day, nonetheless. I wonder what the others are doing.”

The put a white shirt on her bed, neatly folded.

“I wonder where that beast came from. The Boreal Hound? I’ve never heard of such a thing. Perhaps I should consult with Luna and Artemis about it. They seem to know a great deal about the Negaverse and their minions, so perhaps they’ll know about the Borreal Hound and it’s reasons for attacking us.”

Ami decided that she’d go and find the two cats, right after she had finished her chores.

She still had tons to do. Her parents were away and she had to play house sitter. Usually the house would be clean, but Ami didn’t have the heart put into it like she usually would. So, she decided to tie up a few loose ends.

First, she cleaned the dirty dishes, making sure to put them in all of the proper place, and she also mopped the floor and watered the flowers in the vase on the kitchen table.

She also picked up around the house and did a bit of vacuuming and finally, she did the clothes and was finishing up the last of her own.

She’d had a busy day full of cleaning and work. There was no time for fun, especially if the Negaverse was creeping about.

I wonder if the other scouts have found something out about this Boreal Hound and its relevance to the Negaverse.

After a few more moments of folding and putting put the laundry, Ami decided that she was a bite dingy and sweaty from cleaning.

I wouldn’t want to stink them out, I’d better wash. She thought to herself, wiping some sweat from her face with a small white rag.

She put the rag in the hamper and chose a few clothes from her drawer, finding a nice blue summer dress to wear, she walked into the bathroom, and turned on the water, waiting for it to get to the right temperature and rid herself of the old work clothes and stepped in, letting the cool sensation of the water calm her soul.

This was the first period of rest she’d had all day!

And it was good!

That day just went as normally as planned. Later on that evening, Ami went to speak with Luna and Artemis, but with no news as of yet, though the two had been investigating into the matter as much as they could.

Everyone seemed to be coming up with obscurities on the matter. No one seemed to know the rhyme or reason behind the Boreal Hound and it’s actions.

Many days passed and the Boreal Hound was making a slow recovery and continually plotting to himself of a multitude of ways to destroy the senshi, but so far, all of his plans seemed to end in dead ends, or the senshi eventually getting the upper hand somehow.

Sighing in exasperation, the hound mumbled darkly to himself and paced about the room in small circles.

“There’s got to be a way...Some spark of inspiration...” He looked around the room full of nothing but seemingly darkness.

The beast continued to think to himself.

There was nothing but silence as his mind tinkered with tons of plans, none quite coming out as well.

About to give up, and take another nap because of the painful headache he was receiving from thinking on one subject for quite sometime.

As an idea hit him out of the blue, the canine’s face lit up with a coy, malicious smile.

“That’s it.” He said darkly to himself. “I shall put this plan into action.”

The hound took off down the dark corridor of the room, still smiling his trademark smile, walking in a prowling manner.

“Now scouts, the show will begin.”

Well, that’s the end of the chapter for now. I know, I know, I made it longer Good thing, huh? Yep, it was. Well, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter quite well. Anyway, please, please, please click the review button and give me a few reviews, even if it has only one word, I like the reviews.