Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Forgotten Promise ❯ : Boreal Hound: The Dark Hound of the NegaMoon ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Well, I’m back and slowly updating my Sailor Moon fic bit by bit. This will probably be only a 10 chapter fanfic, probably.... Maybe shorter then that. I also have a Haruka and Michiru one-shot that I’ll be posting for those of you who like that pairing.

Well, I’m back for the time being. I’m not dead, I’ve just been busy, so don’t lynch me yet.

Forgotten Promise

Chapter 4: Boreal Hound: The Dark Hound of the NegaMoon

“SHABRON SPRAY!”

There was a shout and the whole landscape was surrounded in a white, misty fog of Mercury’s spray.

“Huh?” Sailor Moon looked around in confusion, still trying to get over the immense shock she was put in, and wondering why she hasn’t died yet.

She looked into the fog to the left, and found Mercury standing there, as nothing more then a mere black figure against the light around her.

“Mercury! You’re here!” the blonde wailed in happiness.

“Hey, Mercury, where have you been?” Jupiter asked as she turned to the figure.

“Sorry I’m late. I was just notified earlier by Luna that we had a mission.” Mercury put a hand up to her chest.

“What happened?”

“I have no idea. It was like all of a sudden this big dog leapt out at us.” Venus replied, exaggerating the subject a bit.

The large beat howled in pain, as it was sprayed directly in the eyes with Mercury’s attack, blinding it. It cowed down a bit, scratching it’s eyes, trying to rid them of the spray.

Jupiter looked at the subdued beat. “Now’s not the time for celebration you guys.”

“Right.” Mars agreed. “We have to beat that thing, right now.”

“Only a few more attacks and it should be weak enough for Sailor Moon to use her wand on.” Venus replied.

“Yeah, let’s just hope we can beat it in time.”

Suddenly, there was a faint laughing that seemed to be emitting from the beast.

“You think just a few of your mere moon attacks can subdue me?” the beast asked, regaining the ground it’s lost in battle. “You’re no match for the Negamoon.”

“It talks!?!” Sailor Moon exclaimed.

“Who are you anyway. I demand an explanation!” Jupiter shouted to the gigantic beast above.

“I’m the dark Borreal Hound loyal servant to the forces of the NegaMoon. Just as Cerberus protects the gates for the gods.” The hound replied with a sneer of malice. “Now feel my wrath!!”

The gigantic animal leaped at the senshi with animalistic grace.

The girls screamed in fright.

“JUMP!”

“What!?!” Sailor Moon gasped.

“Jump idiot! Do you want to die!?” Mars yelled with anger.

“WAH!” Everyone managed to scramble away before the large animal’s steel-like claws busted the cement of the ground.

The Borreal Hound looked behind him to find the scouts standing there, all except moon, who seemed to be pouting on the ground because she had injured her rear.

“That’s it! I’m tired of this!” Jupiter fumed, clutching her hand into a fist and trembling with rage. “ SUPREME THUNDER!”

A mass amount of thunder and lightning was aimed for the hound, who took the attack head on. He flinched, howling in pain as the thunder coursed through his body.

“You think a little light is going to injure me!?” He snarled.

Then he opened his mouth and released a dark beam at the scouts.

Numerous screams were heard, and several bodies went flying. After the dark beam had passed. the scouts lay on the hard cement, which had been busted up by the Borreal Hound’s attack.

Slowly and surely, the group stood up, a bit shaken, bloody and wobbling a bit.

“How do we defeat this monster?” Jupiter winced, as she held her arm, which contained a deep cut.

“Perhaps if we made our attacks stronger.” Mercury suggested.

“What do you mean?” Jupiter questioned.

“Yeah, how do you purpose we do that? We’ve been giving it our all as it is!” Venus replied.

“Listen, if I attack him with my Aqua attack, and them Jupiter attacks with her Thunder attack...”

She was cut off.

“I see, water conducts electricity. That ought to give that big mutt the jolt of his life!” Jupiter boasted.

“Ready?”

Mercury nodded, then attacked the Borreal Hound with her Aqua Illusion, then Jupiter attacked with her Supreme Thunder, hitting the hound hard.

He emitted a howl which could be heard from miles around.

“Take that mutt breath.” Jupiter shouted.

The animal lay on the ground from that attack. For a few moments that he lay there, he contemplated to himself.

Those scouts are strong. I must have underestimated them. He flinched. A small amount of electricity waved over his body, causing him to feel a sharp pain once more, reminding him of how much damage he had taken with that attack.

He lay there, with a mass amount of blood on his features. He was drooling and panting, finding himself drawn weak from the attack.

I must retreat until I can gain enough strength to defeat the scouts.

The beast steadily arose from his current position, and flapped his mighty wings. The winds that emitted from his wings caused the scouts to either fly back, or try and keep their footing. Many of them clutched something and shaded their eyes from the flying debris.

The Borreal Hound leapt into the air and slowly flew above them.

“Don’t worry scouts. We will meet again, and next time, you won’t be so fortunate.”

The hound sneered, with that he flew into the twilight sky, disappearing into the horizon, like a giant vulture off to seek more pray.

“We almost had him...” Jupiter flinched.

“Well he’s gone now.” Venus replied.

“Thank the gods. That thing gave me major bad vibes.” Mars replied.

“Well, we might as well go and get these injuries cleaned up.” Mars replied.

“Yeah, wouldn't want to get an infection.” Venus replied as well.

Mercury concluded to herself silently that the scouts had forgotten completely about her birthday. Not that they didn’t have good reasons. They were all busy, after all and then the mission came up suddenly.

She didn’t want to seem selfish, but they had never missed it before.

Would they ever remember?

Mercury sighed to herself, standing a bit away from the others.

“Hey Mercury.” Jupiter waved. “You coming?”

Mercury nodded “Of course.”

The scouts walked away, and went home to treat their wounds.

Well, there’s my finished chapter. I hope I didn’t bore too many people. Well, please be sure to R&R, even if it’s not much more then a review saying “good job” or “great story” Reviews are really important to me. I hope you enjoyed this great fanfic and I hope you’ll come back for the next update. Well, I’ll see you all around, fellow moon fans.