Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Fumbling Towards Esctasy ❯ Chapter Nine ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fumbling Towards Ecstasy
By Devon Masterson-Bond
Aoi37@hotmail.com
 
Chapter 9
 
Lita reached for her cup of crimson and looked over towards the men casually laid out on the floor. “Do you think we did the right thing?” she asked taking a sip.
 
“It's a little late for that now,” Ami replied looking through a magazine. She displayed the perfect calm personality despite the turmoil that was swirling inside. The thought that they made a mistake had crossed her mind, but she refused to admit it. Everything that went on from this point would be their decision.
 
“It's taking longer than I though it would.”
 
“Well they are going through our past, including our predecessors.” Ami took a sip of crimson.
 
Lita nodded her head. “At least now that we have marked them, they will be out of danger.”
 
“Or more obvious targets,” Ami pointed out turning a page. “We still have enemies that think they can take us down.”
 
“This is stupid,” Lita replied jumping to her feet. “I was hoping to spend the day relaxing not being on edge about what they are going to think of us when they wake up.”
 
“Lita, calm down. We did what we had to do.” Lita sat back down with her head in her hands. “Need I remind you that they followed us to an Iota establishment and demanded answers in front of Yoko. They would have been dragged off the moment we turned our backs.
 
“I know. I know, but this is not how I wanted to get the ball rolling.” Lita looked at her watch. They had a few more hours until sunset “We should check in. I was supposed to eat lunch with Mina today.”
 
“I think that would be wise.”
 
Lita shook her head then picked up the in house phone. “Yoko, I would like a scotch on the rocks and a glass of water for my friend. Make that two.”
 
“Yes, Lita-sama, you shall have it shortly,” Yoko said into the phone, “and your humans, have you finished with them?”
 
“We'll deal with them ourselves,” She replied. “Thanks.” She hung up the phone.
 
“You make it sound like they're boy toys or something,” Ami commented. “I don't need anything to drink, that's how I got into this mess.”
 
“Oh please, we all know it has been too long since the last time you've done. It was taking all of us to hold Mina back from setting you up.” Lita shook her head. “You have to live a little. It's okay.”
 
“I do date,” Ami said frostily as she went back to her magazine. All this conversation was doing was fueling her annoyance. This was all her fault. If it had not been for her, Zoicite and Nephrite would not have come after them. Then the two of them would continue on ignorant of the masquerade. There were times when she would rather give up everything for normal life. Of course she did not know how normal life would be for her anyway, she would live forever as long as no one killed her and once she did die, she would just recycle and do the same thing again. She was doomed to this fate until she passed the burden along to her daughter and then she could opt out to dying and staying dead. She did not know which was worse surviving by being the parasite or being the host. Regardless she was in this for the long haul and she had resigned herself to the fact that she would be alone.
 
“I know you do.” Lita hugged her friend. “We all just want happiness for everyone and even though Serena meddled in order for it to happen, I am going to at least give it a shot. We all know it's not easy for her to be content as we all go home alone. I don't know about you, but I would like to have a family someday.”
 
The thought had crossed her mind, but she always figured that her life would be too full answering life's questions that she would not need to relate to other people outside of her friends (they forced themselves into her life in first place and it was difficult kicking them out). Her whole life had been that way and she had become used to it. “You should call the others before they start to worry.” Lita nodded and started dialing. This was going to be a long story.
 
9-9-9
Zoicite sighed as he followed the Omega Elder, Yelsha. Once they all escaped from the fabled hunters, he lost sight of Nephrite. Or more accurately put they were no longer able to travel together. They would each have to experience whatever they were to discover alone. It was times like this that he wished her never opened his big, fat mouth.
 
Here he was, only heaven knew where he was, alone witnessing someone else's life. This whole situation failed to explain the presence of the beautiful Ami and why he was drawn to her or her past. Well perhaps it would explain just that, but patience was never his shining virtue. Another thing that got him into trouble. “Get to the point,” he moaned in annoyance.
 
True to form the figure in front of him did not move or acknowledge him in anyway. About the only thing that she did was look around as though paranoid. She pulled her arms closely around her body. “I am safe,” she thought as she ducked into the deserted building.
 
“I fail to see what can be found in a natural history museum,” Zoicite mumbled. He was about to turn back when he felt it… a pulse similar to a heart beat. A familiar pulse. He was in the right place after all. Both of their paces quickened as they moved down the moonlit corridor. The waning gibbous moon beamed down on them as they walked along. Why did all museums have to have a creepy way about them? He for one loved natural history, but this experience was turning into a bad horror movie.
 
A smiled crossed Yelsha's face as she reached the door at then end of the hall. She was so close to her goal after weeks of searching. She reached for the handle then hissed as her form instantly became mist and the door blew apart.
 
Zoicite jumped back in shock. He was quite grateful that he was not actually there. “You can't hide from me, vampire,” a female voice called. A tall bronze woman stepped through the ruined portal holding her staff defensively. Emerald eyes admired her statuesque beauty, hunter green locks and crimson eyes; a rare combination. “I will not allow you to change the destiny that has been etched out.”
 
“Just because the destination is known does not mean that the path is known as well,” Yelsha replied. She had come too far. Her already small clan had been sacrificed holding the hunters back and in helping her find this place. The ice princess would not escape her grasp.
 
“Do not spout philosophical babble to me,” the guardian snapped. “I have a watched them from the beginning. I suffered as they did and I will not let you harm them now they have chance to be happy. My honor as a senshi is on the line.”
 
“I don't have anything to lose,” Yelsha replied taking a corporeal form and attacking,
 
Setsuna blocked Yelsha's clawed strike with her garnet rod. Her eyes flew towards the stasis tube that Ami's sleeping form was encased in for her safety. During this crisis the girls started exhibiting signs of awakening, the ice that protected Ami 500 years ago melted leaving her floating in suspended animation.
 
Crimson eyes narrowed as she pushed the vampire back. Losing any of her comrades was unacceptable. There was something amiss here. Why go after Ami or any of the Queen's court for that matter? As long as the Queen remains unaffected, she would only heal her friends and destroy the demons.
 
If not for the weird tingling of intuition she would not be here guarding Ami now. Protecting Serena was of the utmost priority. Haruka and the other outers were more than capable of taking care of the sleeping queen. Just a few more centuries and the cries of the innocents would be silenced and they could go back to sleep. Though they had not been able to stop everything that went on the past half millennia, they were able to keep it from spreading. Now that they were on the verge of finishing only the most difficult of them remained.
 
“Tell me why do you go after the Princess of Mercury?”
 
“That's my business, hunter,” Yelsha snarled as she lunged at Setsuna again.
 
Setsuna blocked her attack and was soon pushed back. This would have to end soon so she could get back to the others. “Setsuna,” Haruka's voice screamed into her earring communication device.
 
“What is it, Haruka?” Setsuna pushed the Elder back then swept her with her rod. She jabbed at the area where the demon fell but missed.
 
Yelsha dodged Setsuna's attack just barely missing being stabbed in the heart. She was wasting time the Sun would be up soon and she would be trapped in a strange place if this continued. “I know you can do better than that, hunter. If you're not careful, you will be the one to die.”
 
The Plutonian Senshi shook her dark locks. She knew how her life ended and it was not at the hands of some low life parasite that fed off the life force of innocents.
 
“We need you to get your ass back here,” Haruka answered. “This vampire is more powerful than we thought. He's already taken out Hortaru.”
 
Setsuna nearly paused as her blood ran cold. “Is she…”
 
“No, but she's going to have one hell of a headache. We need you here now. We'll just have to take our chances. Serena can heal Ami when she wakes up. She is our number one priority.”
 
Crimson eyes narrowed. As much as she hated having to pick and choose lives, Haruka was right. They had a responsibility to Serena. “I'm on my way.”
 
“Too busy to deal with me I see,” Yelsha taunted.
 
Setsuna said nothing only closed her eyes. Her planet attack was entirely too powerful to use this close to Ami. The blue haired girl would surely perish. Focusing her energy, through her staff an indigo colored energy surrounded Setsuna. Various objects around the room began to rise up into the air. Yelsha watched carefully trying to formulate a plan of counter attack. Speed was her best option.
 
“Die,” Setsuna screamed suddenly Yelsha looked around wildly trying to determine the direction of attack when she was suddenly thrown against the wall. Tears welled up in her eyes in response to the pain. She was staked to the wall by Setsuna's energy. “We're not done yet.”
A look of confusion passed over her features for a second until the sun shone through the ceiling. The early morn rays fell about a foot from her feet. By the end of the day if she wasn't dead from blood loss, she would be burned to a crisp. A double threat! This hunter was just as clever as she was ruthless; however there was still one more hand to be played. “Touché.”
 
Setsuna nodded. “You will answer me when I come back.” She left the room.
 
Blood trickled from the corner of Yelsha's mouth and she looked towards the floating form of her prey. “This better be worth it.” she thought briefly before her body misted.
 
Now free of the energy stake, Yelsha fell to her knees in pain in her holy corporeal body. She crawled over to the ice princess's prison flinching as she moved into the brief shade. Once she was near her goal, she managed to struggle to her feet using the stasis tube for support. A bloody palm print marred the perfect glass. She had to move quickly. Her wound would not heal without feeding and she was trapped in the room. The hallways leading to her sunny prison were nothing but windows and in her wolf form she would not be able to open the door to the main building. Besides after imprinting, there would be nothing left. Her wound was too great. She had underestimated her hunter. Of course physical confrontation was never her forte. She liked to observe, strike, and move on, relying on tactics and wits.
 
“Where are my wits now?” she wondered. She brought her fist back and cracked the casing of the tube. A starburst snaked in every direction until the case shattered and spilled its contents. Yelsha's flesh burned as she reached for the blue girl to keep her from being crushed against the wall in the rush of everything. The Senshi of Ice….she should have expected the stasis tube to be filled with water. No doubt it melted sometime over the millennia, a strong indication that she would be waking up soon. “You are beautiful,” Yelsha sighed running her blistered hands through midnight locks. This was to be her successor. “I am entrusting you with my knowledge, history, and dreams; may I live through you.” She bit the side of Ami's neck.
 
Cobalt eyes shot open in shock and agony. She struggled against the vice grip of her unknown attacker only to hit at the air. Her movements started to become sluggish after a few moments and once her movement slackened, Yelsha let go. The Elder watched hungrily as crimson flowed from the girl's body wanting to lap up every drop and knowing she could not. The Omega slit her wrist then brought it up to Ami's mouth. After some coaxing, the blue haired girl began to lap up the crimson and Yelsha grew cold. “With my life I make a pact with you. Know what I know. See what I have seen. Wield my power and add to your own. Take it with my blessing.”
 
From the sidelines, Zoicite stood transfixed. He could hardly process everything he had seen in the last hour. Now he understood why the Elders had been reluctant about the imprinting. It was so final. A wave of sadness washed over him as he watched Yelsha fall face first into the pool of water around her. Her skin smoked form the contact, but she was already gone. Now what was he going to do?
 
For an answer he got a bouncy blonde in short, orange, white and blue fuku. She was familiar but he forgot from where. A somber expression marred her classical features as she hesitated entering the room. She gingerly made her way over to Ami. She was careful not kick up too much water, but succeeded in splashing a couple of droplets here and there. A small blister formed with every drop and the blonde flinched slightly but did not waver in her destination. Why the hell was this girl familiar?
 
“By the gods,” he gasped in recognition. She was the blonde from Jadeite's show. They were both vampires. “This just keeps getting better and better.” He shook his head. This was starting to overload him.
 
“You have seen enough. Now you understand.”
 
Zoicite looked around startled when he suddenly felt like he was suffocating. Emerald eyes shot open in the real world as their owner gasped for air. Zoicite sat up quickly trying to shake off the disorientation. Lita and Ami looked at him sympathetically as he continued on in ragged breaths. Nephrite still lay out next to him unconscious.
 
Ami took a sip of water then handed him a glass of water. Zoicite gulped it down in between breaths. It felt like months since he had anything to drink. “Don't drown yourself.” Lita warned. She nodded towards Nephrite. “We will be here a little while longer.”
 
 
 
 
To be continued…
 
 
© 2005 Devon Masterson-Bond
Sailor Moon and all affiliated characters belong to Naoko Takeuchi and a whole bunch people who bought the licensure and what not. I only own the concept and characters that do not appear in the manga and/or series.