Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Fumbling Towards Esctasy ❯ Chapter Eight ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fumbling Towards Ecstasy
By Devon Masterson-Bond
Aoi37@hotmail.com
 
Chapter 8
 
"You don't look pleased," Jadeite commented. He stared at his friend and smirked. "I take it you had an interesting evening as well."

Malachite narrowed his eyes but said nothing. There were details of last night that weighed heavily on his mind, things that went beyond just ego and he was not about to admit to it just now. "It was an unexpected and you?"

Jadeite smiled brightly. "I met a beautiful woman with a fiery personality that doesn't want anything to me and seems to hate everything about me." The ash blonde leaned forward his eyes almost sparkling. "And I have to have her."

"You're sick, Jadeite," Malachite scoffed. He took a bite of his sandwich then glanced at the clock on the wall. Zoicite and Nephrite should have been here by now. It was unlike either one of them to be late.

"They must be up to something." Jadeite eyes twinkled in mischief once again. "Zoicite did go home with a beautiful woman last night. Maybe it's his dream girl from the other week, perhaps?"

"You know how he feels about one night stands with drunken women."

Blue violet eyes narrowed. "True, Zoicite isn't any fun at all unless....she was very grateful when she woke up."

"I take it you slept alone again," Malachite observed. "What has been two months? I don't know how you can stand it."

Jadeite frowned slightly. "I just haven't been interested not until last night anyway."

"You sure it's just you can't..." the platinum blonde's sentence trailed as he started to snicker. He always enjoyed teasing, especially when the target was Jadeite. The blonde was the only friend in the group that would give into the brotherly chiding.

"There is nothing wrong with my plumbing," Jadeite snapped. His jaw tightened and his fist tensed. How could Malachite even suggest such a thing? He had no problem attracting women and he clearly knew what to do when he did bring someone home. There was just no challenge in it anymore for him. Women threw themselves at him...it was getting a bit old. At least it was until Miss Cinnamon came along. Now there was a challenge. She was clearly not interested...that's what she said. He saw the way she looked at him, but for some reason she pushed him away. Getting her to submit would be something...a challenge. First he had to find her.

"Are you deaf too?" Malachite asked waving his hand in front his friend's face.

"Quit it," he replied coming out of his reverie. He would reverse the subject. "So then what happened to you last night?"

A platinum eyebrow rose. "Same thing as usual, I met a beautiful woman and I spent the night with her."

"And?"

"There's nothing else to tell."

Jadeite smiled and pulled something from his pocket. "Then what's this that I liberated from you this morning. A taped up business card?"

"Give me that!" Malachite commanded snatching it from him. Jadeite was a real pain, all of his friends were. It seemed no matter what they could not keep information from each other. One of them was bound to find out.

Jadeite chuckled and finished the last of his meal. Retribution has been served. "I think Nephrite was right there's something going on with us."

"You feel it too then?" Malachite asked. Jadeite nodded. "Let's get out of here." The two dropped a few bills on the table and headed out of the cafe.

8-8-8
"Why are we walking again?" Mina asked as she nearly struggled to keep up with her raven-haired companion. They had walked two blocks before she realized that her car had been left behind.

"It's only a few more blocks, Mina." Rei turned her head and grinned. "You're not getting old, are you?"

Mina frowned and walked faster until she was a step in front of Rei. "I'll show you old." They were all the same age.

"Now that's better," Rei replied as she fell in step beside the blonde. All teasing aside, she was in a hurry. Ever since she was imprinted many years ago, she was not comfortable out in the sun. She did not have the trait that Mina's power brought into the Sigma Clan. Her element was fire. It was around fire she felt the most sure and the safest. All of them felt that way about their elements; it was the only thing they had left of their old lives. Ami could still swim, Mina could bask, and Lita could do what she did best, that was how it was now.

"They are going to be okay, you know that don't you?" Mina put her hand on her friend's shoulder and slowed her down.
 
Rei pulled away from Mina. “I just want to be sure.”
 
“Exactly what did you see in your vision?” Mina asked falling back into step with Rei.
 

"I can't make everything out," Rei admitted. "I saw Ami and Lita attacking then darkness. It maybe nothing, but with what Serena said earlier..." Mina shook her head. She completely understood. It was good to be on the safe side. It had been quiet the last four hundred years but there was still an identity to protect. Much of the world knew nothing of the existence of the supernatural. There were people who never even believed in Sailor Scouts' existence and there was footage to back that piece of culture up in history books. Many believed it to be on the same level as UFOs and some thought they were delusions brought on from vapors that escaped from the Earth's crust as the continents rejoined into one land mass. If one could hardly believe there was time when flying was absolutely necessary to get to most countries, then they certainly could not believe that five teenage girls in miniskirts fought monsters and saved the world on many the occasion.

"We better hurry just in case." Mina walked faster. "I just hope it's not some fanatical group out to prove something."

Rei scoffed. "There are not too many that pose a threat to us, now that we have gotten our hands into everything." Rei eyed Mina suspiciously. "Now who's the one worried?"

"I am not worried. I am sure everything's fine." Mina ran her hands through her hair. "It's just that..." Both women stopped in their tracks. The temptation to duck out of sight was strong in both of them, but they knew they could not since they had already been spotted.

"Well hello, Miss Cinnamon," Jadeite greeted. A large smile crossed his features. This was his luck day after all and judging from the look on Malachite's face, or rather the look not on his face, it was his as well. The platinum blonde always had a habit of growing cold in times of insecurity. The ash blonde smiled. Malachite always did have excellent taste in women but he always liked the rarer breed. "I see you have your friend with you," he reached for Mina's hand, "My name's Jadeite."

"Mina," she greeted gauging Malachite's reaction. He was very annoyed. A smile crossed her face. So she had made an impression on him, but further testing will need done.

"Excuse me," Rei replied shouldering through the two of them. She did not have time for this. "Jerk." He was such a cad, turning on the charm for anyone the way some turn on a light in a room. Mina was one of her best friends! If Malachite had not been there, Jadeite probably would be undressing Mina with his eyes or something equally lecherous.

The smile dropped from his face once Rei pushed past him. "Wait, Miss Cinnamon," he said quickly grabbing her wrist.

Rei gasped for a second then ripped her wrist from him. Her eyes widened quickly as she clamped her newly concealed arm with her other hand. She had to seek some cover. "Leave me alone." She started stalking away holding her arm.

A crestfallen look was replaced by curiosity as he looked down at his hand. "Is this make up?" he wondered. Then there was the odd way she was holding herself as she made her escape.

Seeing the concealment on his hand Mina brushed by quickly. “Bye," she called before ran away from the two men.

"You're not getting away that easily," Malachite murmured as both he and Jadeite took after the two ladies.
 
Rei sighed in relief as she entered a tall brick building with tinted windows, her safe house. “Lady Rei, how may I…your arm. Let me get you something for that.”
 
Rei shook her head as the receptionist tried to assist her. “I'm fine,” she said weakly. “I just did something stupid. That's what I get for talking to strangers.”
 
The receptionist shook her head “Lady Rei, I must insist…”
 
Rei shook her head. “I'm fine.”
 
“Yes, ma'am.” The receptionist lowered her head reverently and went back to her desk.
 
Rei walked towards the elevator when she heard the sliding glass doors open. She turned around to see Mina step out from behind the screen strategically place to block out the sun when the doors opened. “Are you okay?”
 
“Nothing that won't clear in the morning,” Rei answered. “Did you lose them?”
 
Mina smiled brightly. “Nope, but they are distracted for the moment. Artemis is taking care of them. We'll never hear the end of it you know.”
 
Rei rolled her eyes as the doors opened and they stepped inside of the car. “You're probably right. He's just as bad as Serena.” The doors closed. “At least Jadeite and Malachite are out of hair.”
 
“For now,” Mina smiled. Her sense of romance and adventure was starting to take over her again. It had been centuries since something interesting happened to any of them. “I think we just made them want us even more.”
 
 
To be continued…
 
 
© 2004 Devon Masterson-Bond
Sailor Moon and all affiliated characters belong to Naoko Takeuchi and a whole bunch people who bought the licensure and what not. I only own the concept and characters that do not appear in the manga and/or series.