Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Hardships of Life ❯ Lost ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hardships of Life

By aPpLeOrChArDgUrL

Author's Note:Hi there! This is my second fanfic. Hope you enjoy it. There will be no Darien or Mamoru in this story. I'm sorry. You just have to do without him. I like him, but hey, let's give a chance to those who are alos in love with Serena. When I said no Darien and Mamoru...there's still chance for...oops.

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon.

******************

Chapter One

Lost

******************

She was Serena Tsukino. She was Sailor Moon. She was the Moon princess. She was their future queen. Yet, through all that, she failed. She failed to protect the scouts, Rini, and her family. She had gotten her Dad and brother killed. Her future daughter hurt. The scouts were disappointed in her.

*Flash Back*

She walked home from school. Yet again she had detention. When she got to her home, something was wrong. She could feel it in her bones. The door to

her home was opened. She carefully walked inside.

She didn't want to call the scouts yet. She had to make sure that something was wrong before calling.

She could not find her parents or Sammy anywhere.

Rini, she knew, was at a friend's house. She looked all over downstairs, trying to find someone, and saw no one. Then she headed upstairs. There she heard voices. She went toward her parents room.

There she saw a man with a mask over his face. He

was holding her mom. Her dad was backed into a

corner, his face filled with horror, fear, and

panic.

"I said that I wanted all of your money old man. If you don't hand over any money, your wife here dies."said the voice of a burglar. He had a gun positioned to her mother's head. No, he was far more than a burglar, he was a murderer."Just like your son." The man was now laughing.

Serena could not believe it. Her brother was dead.

Now her mother was going to die if she didn't step

in.

"I told you, we don't have anymore money."pleaded

her father. "Too bad, say bye bye to your wife." Serena couldn't take it anymore. She stepped in. "Noooooooooooo!" she screamed. She ran into the

room, her scout ability coming in handy. She kicked the gun out of his hand.

"Moon Crystal Power!!!"

She had transformed into Sailor Moon. "Moon Tiara Magic!" She aimed the disc towards his stomach. The man instead pushed her mother in front of him. "No, tiara stop!!!"she all but screamed. The tiara

stopped inches away from her mother.

While she was doing that, the man had picked up the gun, and shot her father. "No!!" she screamed.(AN:

She sure likes screaming!) She charged toward the guy."You will pay you SON OF A BITCH!!!!" She kneed him hard in the groin. Then she kicked him in the stomach. She finished him off with her scepter.

"Moon Princess Elimination!"

The guy was burning to a crisp. Soon, he was a pile

of ashes on the floor. Sailor Moon had not realized that she had killed a human.

She turned to her mother. "Mom, I'm so sorry. I ......"she broke down into tears. "Shh..it's alright Serena. Why didn't you tell me that you were Sailor Moon?" asked her mother.

"I didn't want you to be a pawn for the Negaverse. They would have hurt you to get to me. Yet, I didn't even tell you and Sammy and Dad died. It's all my fault. If I hadn't waken up late, then I wouldn't of had detention, and then I could of saved Sammy and Dad." ranted Serena.

"Oh honey, it wasn't your fault. Now what are we

going to do about this mess?" asked her mom. Her mother was still in shock. Her husband and son died right in front of her. Her daughter was the super heroine of Toyko. She just couldn't gather all this in. She put a calm face on for her daughter.

For the rest of the day, they had gotten rid of the ashes. They called the police and told them about

the murderer, and how Sailor Moon had dealt with him.

After that, Ilene asked to know all about Sailor Moon's past. Serena told her mom. She was finished explaing by midnight. What had disturbed Ilene the most was the way the scouts had treated Serena whenever she showed up late.

"Oh, mom, we forgot to pick up Rini." realized

Serena, interrupting her mother's thoughts. "I'll

call her friend's house." said Ilene. Minutes later, she hung up. "Well, it looks like Rini is spending

the night there and forgot to mention it." said

Ilene.

Then there came a beeping sound.

"What was that?" asked Ilene. "That would be my communicator. My duty calls." said Serena. "Can you take me with you? I don't feel safe unless I'm with someone." "Alright Mom. Good thing I have super

powers so I can hold you."said Serena.

"Moon here."she said, answering her call.

"We need you at the park. It's Rini. She's in trouble."

"I'm on my way."

"Why is Rini in trouble?" asked her mother. "I have

no clue. Let me transform. Moon Crstyal Power!"

When she finished transforming, Sailor Moon went

over to pick up her mother. "Let's go."

Sailor Moon and her mother were on their way to the park, when suddenly stopped by a huge youma. "Honey,...wha...what is that ....thing?" asked her mother. "That is a youma. Mother, go hide. Now!" commanded Sailor Moon. Ilene obeyed her daughter.

"Awww....Sailor Moon, or shall I say Sailor toast." screeched out the monster. Sailor Moon started battling with the monster. Ten minutes later she dusted him. Not only was she late, but the youma

left her a scar. Her leg was messed up.

"Come on , Mom. We have to go help the scouts." said Moon. "Are you alright?" Ilene asked cautiously.

"I'm fine, we're just delaying in helping the scouts."snapped Moon. She took her mother into her arms. They made their way towards the battle.

Sailor Moon arived in time to finish it off. "Go

hide, Mom."

"Moon Princess Elimination!"

"About time you got here. Where were you? Look at Rini. She's hurt because of you." said Mercury

icily. "I can't believe you. Late again. How many times, huh, how many?" asked Venus. "I don't think

you should be in the team. You're just a hindrance." said Jupiter. "Yea, Moon, we made a decision. I'm the new leader. Hand over your things."commanded Mars.

She saw her mom go over to get Rini, who lied helplessly on the ground. The scouts didn't seem to notice. They were getting closer to her.

She looked at Rei. She saw only greed and power. Her scout and friend was evil. She looked into the eyes of the other scouts. They looked like they were being control. Serena just remember that they had looked this way for a while now. Rei must of put a spell on them.

She was so disappointed in them. They couldn't fight off a spell. "Oh, now you go ahead and assume things. Well, let me tell you something, assumming makes an ASS our of you and me. You won't let me explain." said Moon getting louder with each word.

"FOR YOUR INFORMATION, I'VE HAD A BAD DAY. I COME

HOME AND FIND A MURDERER. HE KILLED MY BROTHER AND FATHER. NOW ON THE WAY HERE I WAS MET BY A YOUMA. I WAS TRYING TO DESTROY THAT ONE. THEN I MADE MY WAY HERE TO FINISH OFF THAT YOUMA, AND YOU WANT TO KICK

ME OUT. WELL I QUIT. YOUR NOTHING BUT A BUNCH OF WANNABE SCOUTS, WHO DON'T EVEN KNOW THE DIFFERENCE

BETWEEN A TRUE FRIEND AND A LOYAL ONE!!!!" screamed Moon.

"Your all just freaking BITCHES." finished off Moon. "By the way, no one will get my things." she said to Mars. Then she spat in her face. "I'm sick and tired of you all."

"Let's go mom."she said. For the first time that night, they regarded her mother. "Just one minute, sweetie." She picked up Rini in her arms.

Then she walked over to the scouts. You could hear four loud, cracking slaps. "Don't you ever touch or come near my daughter or granddaughter again." she whispered icily.

Then they saw Serena take up her mom in her arms,

and fly off into the night. When Serena could fly

they didn't know.

*Tsukino Home*

Sailor Moon transformed back into Serena. She had brought her mom and her daughter home. "Serena, I think we should clean up your's and Rini's wounds." said Ilene.

*End Flashback*

Serena sat there as her mom clean her wounds. Rini only had broken wrist, but Serena had healed that. As soon as her mother was finished cleaning, she transformed into Sailor Moon and back to Serena. She was completely healed.

"Mom, I've been thinking, maybe we should move. I

mean the memories are to painful, and the scouts

will take care of any youma problem." said Serena.

"I agree. Let's get packing." said her mom.

They quickly packed all their belongings and Rini's. Serena then called and asked for the earliest flight they had. She had booked three tickets to the States. It was a good thing the airport was open 24/7.

It was two in the morning when Ilene called her lawyer, who's firm was opened 24/7, too. She asked if he could take care of selling the house and cutting all strings from Toyko that tied to them.

It was nearly dawn, when everything was settled.

Rini had awakened and been filled in everything.

Ilene first drove to the bank to get all her money, then to her lawyer.

Serena and Rini sat and packed the rest of the things. They had finished around noon. Soon after that, Serena's mom came home.

"What did the lawyer say?" asked Serena. "Well, he's going to take care of all the important things for the trip." replied her mother.

"Like what?" asked Rini, curiously. "Well, he's going to cut off all the ties we have here in Toyko. Then he's going to arrange a place for us to live in. Then the necessary paperwork we have to do, if we want to live in the States permanently.

"Oh." was all Rini said.

"Oh, Serena, the lawyer wanted to know when the flight is and where we are going to land." said Ilene.

"Oops..I forgot to tell you that, huh. Well, we are going to Louisiana. We're landing in Baton Rouge, that's all I know.

"Isn't that a big city. I don't want to live in a big city." said Ilene. Since the death of her husband and son, living in a big city did not appeal to her. She wanted to get over the pain of their death but she couldn't.

"So when is the flight?" asked Rini. "It's a week from now." replied Serena. "Are you going to phone your lawyer and tell him that?" asked Serena, focusing her attention on her mom.

"Mom, are you alright." she asked gently.

Ilene shooke out of her thoughts. "Yes, at least I think so." she said softly.

TO BE CONTINUED.............