Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter Sailor Moon Crossover ❯ Wedding-Death Day ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
The rest of the school year went by without any qualms or quarrels. Slytherins won the House cup and the Quidditch cup. Serena had broken some ribs during the first game. The end of the school year came quickly and graduation was upon them. Serena had finished as one of the top students in that year. That day after graduation she moved in with Sirius and Remus. They had been planning their wedding. Lilly was to be the matron of honor and Sirius was to be the best man. James was giving Serena away.
Serena stood at the back of the church, arms locked with James waiting to marry her love, Remus Lupin. Today was the day she was going to marry him and be known as Serenity Black Lupin. A broad smile was plastered on her face. As she and James began down the aisle she saw Lucius sitting behind Snape. Narcissa was at his side holding her, no, their son now. They had sent her a letter telling her they had named him Draco Lucien Malfoy. She tore her eyes away from them and looked to Remus. He could see her tears and knew her thoughts. James kissed her head and sat beside Dumbledore.
The ceremony was beautiful. They were bound in matrimony to the Muggle and Wizarding world now. Remus never hesitated once the words were uttered. He kissed her fully on the lips letting all occupants know that he would never leave her side and that he loved her. They headed back to the school for the reception. Everyone they had been to school with congratulated them. Severus wished them a happy life and left. He drug Lucius and Narcissa away with him so they couldn't disturb her happy day. Once they were outside Lucius began to yell at Severus.
“Draco is still inside.”
“I'll go get him.” He headed back inside.
Serena had felt a tug on her dress. She looked down to see little Draco staring up at her with his big blue eyes. She picked him up and looked at Remus. He wrapped his arm around her and kissed her cheek. Severus walked in and saw how she held the child and knew that she would be a good mother.
“Where's your father Draco?”
“Serena.”
“Severus, where's Lucius?”
“He's outside.”
“He just left Draco inside? What kind of father is that monster?”
“Sirius, please.”
“I'll take him to Lucius. Come Draco.” He turned to leave. “Serena, I just think you have the right to know, Lucius made me Draco's godfather. If you ever would like to see pictures of him just let me know and I'll see what I can do.”
“Thank you Severus. Can you believe he and Harry are almost a year old now?”
“Serena.”
“I'll be fine guys, you worry about me too much. Let's mingle.”
The people eventually dwindled down till it was only the Professors and the Marauders. Serena, Remus, and Sirius headed back to their house and prepared for bed. They had opted to not go on a honeymoon because of the threat against Lilly, James, and Harry from Voldermort. Serena kept in contact with Lilly everyday. The couple had made Peter Pettigrew their secret keeper. One day Serena had been trying to call Lilly all day but she never answered. She grew worried as the day progressed. She convinced Sirius to go and check on Peter. He wouldn't let her go with him for fear of danger. He came running back to the house out of breath, eyes wide.
“What is it Sirius?”
“Lilly and James are dead. Peter is missing.”
“No. This can't be true. I don't believe it, I have to see it for myself.”
“Serena!! Come back.”
She ran all the way to Lilly and James' house only to find it destroyed and their lifeless bodies lying on the ground. She looked all over the house for Harry but couldn't find him. Fear consumed her as she ran back to her house. When she arrived she saw Hagrid taking off on Sirius' motorcycle holding a bundle in his arms. Sirius stood arms at his side, wand in his hand. She walked up to him and took his hand in hers.
“Sirius, where's Harry?”
“Dumbledore is giving him to his Aunt and Uncle.”
“But they're Muggles. They don't understand us.”
“I know. Hagrid wouldn't give him to me, said it was orders from Headmaster Dumbledore and the Ministry that he should go to next of kin.”
“No. Sirius, we have to do something.”
“Harry is probably safer with the Dursley's rather than any Witch or Wizard.”
“Sirius! They're really dead!”
He held her close and let her cry. He walked her inside and sat down on the couch. Everyone outside was rejoicing except for them. Voldermort had been vanquished, but at the expense of their dear friends and their child had been left parentless. Serena had cried herself to sleep on Sirius' chest. He laid her down on the couch and covered her up. He kissed her temple and scribbled down a note. He left without glancing back to look at his sister.
Remus came in the house hours later. His spirits were lifted because Voldermort had been destroyed. He walked over to the couch and kissed Serena full on the lips; startling her awake.
“It's a good day for witches and wizards everywhere. Come on Serena. Sirius! Let's go get Lilly and James and celebrate!”
“Remus.” Her voice was small.
“What Serena, have you not heard the news? Voldermort has been destroyed. Let's go celebrate!”
“Celebrate WHAT?! The death of our closest friends, or the fact that Harry is parentless and is now living with Muggles, or perhaps the fact that the Ministry is pointing the finger at Sirius for the death of James and Lilly? Maybe you'd like to celebrate the fact that every death eater can now get off with the fact that they can blame their actions on Voldermort, who is now dead, by saying he used one of the unforgivable curses on them? I'm sorry if I don't see what there is to celebrate!”
She broke down into tears and fell to her knees. Remus enveloped her into a hug and picked her up. He carried her upstairs to their room and curled up next to her on the bed. They stayed like that till they fell asleep. The Ministry came barging in their house demanding that they tell them where Sirius Black was.
“He's not here.” Remus held Serena close to him.
“Then where is he?”
“We don't know.”
“He went looking for Peter Pettigrew, he's missing too. He was James and Lilly's secret keeper.”
“Thank you. I hope you don't mind, but we're placing two men outside your door.”
Three hours later their phone rang. Serena answered it.
“Hello?”
“Serena, listen closely. I've found Peter; he was talking to some former death eaters about how he killed the Potters. I'm going after him alone; if you and Remus want to help you can. I'm in the Muggle town just outside Hogsmeade.”
“I'm coming, I want to interrogate that dirty rat. Remus is trying to convince the Ministry to allow you to raise Harry. See you in a few.”
Serena walked calmly out of the door but was stopped by the two men.
“Where are you going Mrs. Lupin?”
“Remus called me and asked me to get a few things from the store in town. I'll be right back.”
“Of course.”
She pulled her denim jacket closer to her body. She was wearing a skintight pink shirt, blue jean flares, and tennis shoes. She quickened her pace as she reached the town. She found Sirius; Peter was backed into a corner. Everyone was staring at him. Peter smirked when he saw Serena was there and shouted out.
“You killed Lilly and James!”
“Liar!”
There was a large cloud of smoke that formed around him. Nothing was left of Pettigrew but his finger. Sirius was laughing hysterically.
“NOO! Sirius! Let me go.” She looked to see Severus holding her back.
“Calm down Serena.”
“Let me go Severus! I have to get to him.”
“So he can kill you too? I don't think so. Dumbledore and the Ministry wanted me to follow you to prevent you from getting hurt.”
“SIRIUS!! RUN!!!!”
“Serena. Let go of her Snape.” Just then some people arrived and began to drag Sirius away and wipe the others minds.
“SIRIUS! He didn't kill James and Lilly! I swear it! He was with me, I swear it.”
Her knees gave out from under her; the only thing keeping her standing was Severus' hold on her. He scooped her up and carried her back to her house. The Ministry and Dumbledore were waiting inside the living room for them to arrive. Remus sat on one of the chairs, his hands imbedded in his hair. Severus opened the door and set Serena on the ground. She took a look around the room. Dumbledore approached her.
“We're extremely sorry Serena.”
“NO! I don't want to hear it!”
She ran up the stairs and locked herself in her room. Remus stood numbly and walked towards the stairs. He looked up at their door and quickly to the other people in the room.
“She just needs time. He was the only family she had left. Surely you understand?”
“Of course. We'll leave you two alone. Come Severus.”
 
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
No pun was intended on the “interrogate the dirty rat” when she was talking about Pettigrew. I had to put that in there. I don't know why. Let me know what you think of this story. I've been writing while I've been home sick over the weekend. I'll be okay. @.@ that's how I feel pretty much.