Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Her Cold Blue Eyes ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Her cold blue eyes

Disclaimer: Do I own Sailor Moon? No, do I want to? Dear God YES! Because then I'd be rich and famous! Instead, I am a poor student who nobody knows…..sigh…..*sniffle* Don't worry! I will survive!!!

Oh, by the way, in this, Darian is 20, only three years older than Serena.

A young woman, about 17, walked along the docks, her blonde hair in strange pigtails swaying behind her. She held a locket, tight in a fist, then opened it up to reveal a moon and a song. Her eyes were sad, filling with tears until she wiped them away and threw the locket into the dark ocean.

She bowed her head, as if in prayer, for just a moment. And when she looked up again, her eyes were clear as glass, and hard as metal.

The next day, the same girl walked into a salon and waited. When it was her turn she sat down in the chair and faced the mirror.

"Well, honey." The feminine voice of the hairdresser said, "What is it that you want?"

The girl smiled, but it had no feeling in it. "A change."

Serena walked out of the salon an hour later, her blonde hair, usually done up in pigtails, `meatballs', was loose, cut to hang on her shoulders, it was streaked with a darker blonde color and was layered and flipped. She put on dark sunglasses and started to walk down the street, a determined walk.

"Serena?" She heard a male voice behind her; she turned around and smiled.

"Hello Andrew." She said calmly.

"Is that you?" He asked, clearly confused.

"It's me." She replied, taking off the sunglasses, "Like the new look?" She turned around, showing off her new clothes, some tight jeans and a black form fitting tank top.

"What did you do to your hair?" Andrew was surprised, about everything.

"I decided I needed a change, I'm 17 now, I need to grow up, you know?"

"Serena," Andrew's voice was tender, "Does this have anything to do with Darian?"

Serena's face went white.

*Flashback*

"Darian, why are you doing this to me? To us?!" Serena felt tears well up, but she pushed them back, she couldn't be a baby now, it was too important that she was mature.

"I'm sorry Serena, I really am." Darian's voice was weary, like he had to deal with a child for too long.

"But what about the moon kingdom? About Renee? We are destined to be together! You know that!"

"I just think we need a break, some time to date other people, if we are destined to be together, we will be." Darian couldn't handle it anymore; he dragged a hand over his face. "The truth is Serena, I've met someone else."

When he expected her to let out the waterworks, she just became very calm, and very angry. "You what?"

"I met somebody else, her name is Madeline Newcomb…"

"I don't want to know anything about your girlfriend, Darian Chiba." Serena cut in, her eyes cold and hard.

"Have you cheated on me?"

"I think that is irrelevant."

"I don't think it is, I think it is very relevant. Did you or did you not, cheat on me?"

Darian sighed and dropped down to the couch, "One kiss."

At first she looked shocked, then her eyes were hard again. She walked slowly up to him and slapped him across the face. "You son of a bitch."

"Serena…" Darian was shocked, he never heard words like that come out of her mouth before.

"Don't say a word, don't ever come near me again, don't talk to me, don't touch me, don't even breath near me. Do you got it?"

"Serena, if you would just listen to me calmly…"

"Oh, I am as calm as I'm going to get. This is no break, as you called it; this is a break up. You are not to come near me, or my friends again, especially not Renee."

"Now Serena, you don't have any reason to keep me from Renee. She is my future daughter."

"No she isn't. Because there is not going to be any future us, I think the fact that you are killing our daughter is plenty reason for you to never see her again."

Darian sat there, open mouthed, as she walked away.

*End of Flashback*

Serena looked at Andrew and smiled, a cold little smile that showed no humor, and no happiness.

"No, Andrew, this has been coming for a long time now, Darian just gave me a push."

"If you say so," Andrew still didn't look convinced, "Uh oh, speak of the devil."

Serena whirled around to see Darian with his arm slung around the shoulder of a woman. She was tall, not as tall as Darian's six feet though. She had dark brown hair, tied back into a tight braid; she wore a light tank top and a flowery skirt. She looked graceful and mature. The exact opposite of Serena.

"Hey! Darian! What's up?"

"Hey Andrew, nothing much, have you met Madeline?" Darian squeezed his arm tighter around the tall brunette.

"Nice to meet you Madeline."

"Nice to meet you." The woman said, `God' Serena thought, `She even sounds sophisticated.'

"Hey, um, Darian, have you seen Serena lately?" Andrew said nervously.

"No, why?"

"She looks, um, different."

"Really?" Darian's voice held curiosity, "Different how?"

"Hello Darian." Serena stepped out from behind Andrew, her small frame looking up at her ex. "And how are you these days?"

Darian gaped. This was Serena?

"Ser..Serena?"

"The one and only." Serena kept her voice cool, almost distant. "This must be Madeline."

Madeline smiled, "Hi, Darian's told me so much about you."

"Really?" Serena's voice was amused, "Wish I could say the same for you."

Madeline laughed nervously, "Did I miss something?"

Serena let out a humorless laugh, "Oh, really…interesting, now what did Darian actually say about me, Madeline?"

"He said you were friends with Andrew, you're best friends with his girlfriend, Lita."

"Indeed I am, did he also tell you that I was going out with him when you two met? Or to be more exact, when you two first kissed?" Serena looked at Madeline with her blue eyes, like glaciers, they were so cold.

"Did he tell you that?"

"Um, no, he didn't." Madeline was becoming even more confused.

"Well, isn't that interesting." Serena smirked again, "Well, I must be going, Andrew, I'll see you tonight at Lita's. Darian, I'd say it was good to see you, but we both know it would be a lie. Madeline, I'm a very glad to have finally met you. I've always wondered who it was that stole Darian away from his destiny."

She put her sunglasses back on and walked down the street, without a backward glance.

*Wow! What a bitch, I love her, she reminds me of, well, me! You'll see Serena becoming more and more focused as the story goes on; she's caught up in her schoolwork, even getting ahead! And you should see her as Sailor Moon! Wow! No one kicks better ass than Serena! But, there is always a downfall, in the words of Mina, (coming up in the next few chapters.) "She never smiles anymore, not with any happiness anyway. I wouldn't call her sad, she just seems…empty." Don't forget to read and review!*