Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Italian Amore ❯ Vol. Two/Chap. Fifteen: Dreaming ( Chapter 15 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Sometimes, one just needs to get away. Shizuma had the right idea in mind tonight. He just had to get out into the night tonight or go crazy by the high standards held by Rome University. The boy just had to escape—even for one night. And Shizuma knew just the person to take with him.
He walked all the way to Athena hall. Shizuma climbed up a tree to the fourth floor. He reached over and tapped on the window. The sophomore waited for a few seconds. Finally, someone came to the window. Yuri looked out confused. She blinked hard at first. No, she wasn't saying things at all. Shizuma was actually looking in the window right at her! But why? She slowly walked over to the window and looked closer. Shizuma gave her a goofy little grin as he waved at her. He pointed at the window latches. Yuri looked on pretty nervous. “He wants me to let him in!” she thought. The poor girl wasn't sure if she should. It was late at night and boys always had funny ideas about girls in their dorms. But Shizuma's face told her to let him in right away. Such a huge mental battle…
In the end, Yuri gave in and opened the window. Shizuma leaned in close to her smiling.
“Hey doll,” he greeted her. The new girl looked at him confused.
“Shhh!” she whispered aloud. “What are you doing here?!?” the sophomore grinned at her.
“I came to take you away tonight!” he whispered to her loudly. The girl looked at him even more confused now.
“What?!?” she asked. “Why?!? And where?!?” Shizuma grinned at her still.
“Don't ask questions!” he commanded. “Just come on!” Yuri looked at him uneasily still. This moment in her mind screamed “bad idea!” She should just shut the window and go to bed. But yet, something about this guy held her attention and wouldn't let it go. He always messed with her head for some reason. She just couldn't explain how and why just yet. In the end, Yuri just nodded at him softly. Shizuma grinned at her boldly as he offered out his hand to her.
“Good choice,” he said. “Now come on!” The boy grabbed his new companion by the hand and helped her out of the window. Yuri suddenly had an uneasy feeling about this now. Too late to turn back now. They were already outside roaming the night.
 
Dreaming
 
“So where exactly are we going tonight?” Yuri asked Shizuma as he led her all way across campus. The boy didn't answer her at first. He just kept on walking with her. Yuri shrugged as she followed along with him. Her instinct kept telling to escape the first chance that she got. But something prevented her from doing so. Hard to see what. Curiosity? She sure as hell couldn't figure that one out. Not much that she could do at the moment now either. All she could do was to keep up with Shizuma and follow along without any questions at all. God he was sure worse than Lena at times like this. Thinking about that made Yuri shutter all over.
“Problem?” she heard someone ask her. Yuri looked up right away at that one. Shizuma looked back at her as they kept on walking. Yuri looked at him with a blank expression on her face.
“Huh?” the girl asked out loud. Shizuma gave her a little shrug.
“You just looked cold or something,” he suggested. “Need a coat or something.” That took a few seconds to sink right into the girl's head. She shook her head after it all got through to her.
“Oh no, no, no,” Yuri replied. “I'm fine. I just thought of something unpleasant, that's all.”
“Ah, I see,” Shizuma replied. She expected him to press on for more out of her on that thought. But surprisingly, he didn't. They just kept on walking through the whole night campus. Yuri felt both relived and concerned on that one. She just couldn't figure him out at all. He was just a puzzle with many pieces missing to it. What really hid under that silent exterior? Only one way to see and find out…
Shizuma and Yuri came all the way to a stone water-tower like building. Yuri really looked confused now. She stared on at her companion.
“I don't get it,” she said. “Why are we here?” Shizuma quickly shushed her.
“Quiet,” he said. “Just follow me.” Yuri sighed unhappily.
“Again,” she mumbled to herself.
“What was that?” Shizuma asked her as he began climbing up the tower. Yuri quickly shook her head.
“Nothing,” she lied. “Nothing at all important.”
“Fine!” Yuri called out. “Coming!” She climbed up the tower after him. The climb up the tower proved to be more difficult than it looked. Yuri about slipped and fell off halfway there. She didn't think she would survive the rest of the way there. Shizuma had to pull her up to him towards the end. Yuri breathed out in relief at the help she relieved.
“Thanks so much!” she said to him. The guy just nodded at her. *Sweat drop on Yuri's head* “He doesn't talk much, does he?” she thought nervously. Yuri took a seat next to him on the edge of the tower and looked up at the night sky. The stars shone like high bright balls of fire in the sky. Yuri looked on amazed. She couldn't remember the last time she had seen stars this bright and clear at night.
“Beautiful, huh?” Shizuma asked her in a low voice. His companion looked up at him at that one. Shizuma was actually… smiling at the stars! The girl looked on slightly surprised. This was another first for her. Yuri nodded at little bit at his last statement.
“Yeah,” she admitted. “You could say that!” They looked at the overpowering sky once more. This led to more moments of reflection. With that came a nagging question that chase its own tail around and around in Yuri's mind ever since she first met Shizuma. She never really found the right moment to ask it because he was never really around so much as she wanted him to be. Now seemed like the perfect time to say it.
“Shizuma,” Yuri spoke up. He didn't turn his head to her at all. He didn't even answer her at all. Yuri wasn't sure if she should even be talking after that. But, she pressed herself onwards anyway.
“Why did you even come to Rome University anyway?” she asked aloud. “I mean you're Japanese and all. Plus, you're very smart. I've seen your grades. Why not go to a place like TU or a top Japanese University?” Shizuma turned to her on that one. Yuri went quiet after that one. Suddenly, she felt that her question was a bad idea. Shizuma seemed mad at her for asking. She even wished that she hadn't asked the question at all. But to her surprise, Shizuma seemed pretty cool about it. He shrugged at her as a reply.
“No reason,” the boy replied. “Just wanted to be on my own.” Yuri breathed out some. Much better than she expected his answer to be.
“And what about you?” Shizuma asked her. Yuri looked up at that one.
“Huh?” she asked.
“Why did you choose to come to RU?” the boy asked her outright. Yuri had been blind-sighted by that question. She stared on blankly for a moment.
“Me?!?” she asked in shock. “I didn't really pick this school. I would have been happy to go to a community college in Japan. But, my mom had other plans. So, she secretly filled out an application to here and sent it in. I didn't find out until I got the acceptation letter. By then, it was too late for arguments and I ended up here.” Shizuma gave her a little nod.
“I see,” he replied. Yuri shrugged at him.
“Pretty funny, if you think about it,” she replied. They both turned back to the stars. Starry nights always great times to bring out everyone deepest thoughts. Shizuma and Yuri proved that well. The walk back to the dorms made it much better. Yuri learned a little more about her new friend that night. Made it all worth it to find out more about him.
Starry Nights