Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Jewel Senshi Saga ❯ Dark Amber - Part 6 ( Chapter 20 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Bishojo Senshi Sailor Moon
Jewel Senshi
By Sakura
Part Twelve: Dark Amber Part 6

"Naru-chan, what are you doing?!" said a very shocked and jealous Prince Diamond.
They all turned and saw Diamond dressed in his Diamond Knight outfit. Hidden by his bangs, was a black crescent moon. Knowing who he was now, Naru cautiously stood by Nephrite, holding on to his arm to prevent him from going up to his brainwashed friend. Onyx sensing the evil in him stood next to the two in case he'd try anything. Moonstone and Garnet stared at him, both had hearts in their eyes inspite of the fact that they both had boyfriends. Opal ran up to him and hugged him.
"Raistlin! Thank Serenity you're all right!" she said refusing to let go of him.
"Um, Opal I don't think that's a good idea," warned Onyx.
Diamond pushed her away from him, knocking her back into the other senshi. "Come Naru. We've work to do," he said holding his hand to the red-haired girl. She held tighter onto her boyfriend, she wasn't completely recovered from Sapphire's spell yet. She felt her desire for the silver haired man pull at her, but she stood firm.
Sensing her conflict, Nephrite put his arm around her holding her against him.
"Raistlin! Don't you know me? It's Opal, the woman you love," said Opal begging the gods he wasn't what she thought he was.
He turned at looked at the opal haired woman and sneered. "Ha! Why would I love a Sailor Senshi?" He turned back to Naru and Neffy. He strode over to the couple and grabbed Naru's arm. "Didn't you hear me Naru? I said we're going." He pulled at her, but she refused to budge. "You can play with your new toy later," he said pulling harder at her. Both Naru and Nephrite blushed at what Diamond had said. It was Moonstone who spoke up.
"How dare you insult my friends like that! Naru and Nephrite may be lovers, but at least they have the decency to be discreet about it!" The two blushed even more.
"And what gives you the right to scold me as if I were a child, moon brat?!" he shot back. Moonstone was truly shocked. Never before had Raistlin called her that, not even in jest. Also he was always polite, he'd never been so blunt. What had Sapphire done to him?
"Raistlin, please, stop this. You're not like that and you know it." Every turned and looked at Naru. "Remember what you told me? About that feeling we both got? The one that told us what we were doing was wrong?" she pleaded.
"Yes, Naru-chan, I remember. Do YOU remember what I said about that? It's just an after effect of her brainwashing," He pointed at Moonstone.
"You're wrong. It's your real self trying to break free. It was I who made you what you are now. You've got to believe me." She stepped away from Neffy more ashamed of what she had done than afraid. "I was the one who gave you these false memories of us together. You never really loved me any more than I loved you, or your brother. What we did up there was totally wrong. Not because Sapphire's my lover, but because I love Neprite and you love Opal." She blushed again. "I know you know what I'm saying is true. Earlier, you almost broke free of the spell when I called you by your name, your true name. Please, Raistlin, fight it. You just gotta remember you're on our side."
Her words held him and the others in place, unable to move. All the while she talked, she had come up to him and had her hand on his face. She brushed back his bangs and the black moon was exposed. "Naru, I-" She placed a finger on his lips to silent him.
"Let me help you, Raistlin-kun," she said. She motioned for Opal to come up to them. She came and stood next to her friend.
"Who are you?" he asked remembering seeing her face earlier. "Why do I feel as if I know you senshi?"
She looked at Naru, and she nodded, smiling. "I think you should do this. I've caused enough trouble and I don't think it'd help anyhow," she said backing away from them. She was still ashamed of what she had done with Diamond and Sapphire the past day even though her friends and love had forgiven her.
Opal stared at the black moon on his forehead. "I haven't seen that in a long time." she said tracing a gloved finger around it. "It really doesn't suit you, love."
"What are you witches going to do to me?" he asked backing away.
She wasn't going to let him get away before she had a chance to free him. Smiling, she step toward him and put her hands on his head. She kissed him.
<What's happening to me? Why does this feel so right, when I should be killing her not kissing her?"> Images of his past came back to him, flooding his mind. The trip to the past, winding up on Earth during the Silver Millennium, meeting Opal, dancing with her, kissing her, loving her. Then he remembered what happened that day. Naru kissing him, twisting his mind.
He screamed out in pain as he desperately struggled to hold on to the spell. He didn't want to lose his brother again. <No. Not again. I'll not lose him again. He's all I've got now!> his mind screamed as Opal's love relentlessly banged against his mind.
Opal prayed that what she was doing would work. She heard him scream, but could't let go. She didn't want to lose him. <Not again.> she thought and gave him another kiss.
The second kiss made it impossible for him to fight back. He loved Naru, but that was nothing compared to what he felt for the opal haired senshi. <Forgive me Naru-chan.> he thought as he kissed her back. As her kissed the senshi, what Naru had said began to make sense to him. She was right. What they both did was wrong. What they planned to do was equally wrong. The black crescent moon vanished from his forehead never to return. <Forgive me, brother.> A single tear fell from his eye.
"Looks like everything's back to normal," said Garnet recovering her speech. "Is it? We've still got Sapphire to deal with," said Onyx.
"You think he's ok now?" Moonstone asked her.
"Yeah. He's fine, for now," said the black clothed senshi. She had sensed no more evil from Diamond, but how long will that last? she thought. "All right, gang. Let's get going before Sapphire gets away. If Raistlin's here, then he's gotta be around here somewhere," she said getting their attention.

Meanwhile, Sapphire and a droid appeared on top of Tokyo Tower and began to sap up the energy of several students who just happened to be on a field trip. Once the droid had completed her task and drained all the people, he sent her back to where she came from. Now all he had to do was wait for the senshi to show up.
Unfortunately, the main senshi were out of town for a few days at Chad's parents' ski lodge. So he'd have to wait a bit longer for any senshi to catch up to him. As the hours rolled by, he became impatient and began pacing around the tower's observation deck.
"Where in the name of Nemesis are those damned senshi? They should have realized something was wrong here by now," he said looking out at the city. "Perhaps Naru and my brother have all ready defeated the senshi."
<No, they would have reported in if they had.> he thought as he resumed his pacing. <Could have all the senshi gone against them?> He had to know. He looked at the people one last time and teleported out of Tokyo Tower.

At Yasukuni Shrine, a young man in a dark blue suit appeared in a flash of deep blue light. Looking around, he saw no signs of battle or his lover. Worried, he decided to probe minds of the priests within the shrine. "She has not been here nor have my brother or the senshi. Where are they?" <Has she somehow broken free of me? No. My spell is strong, so where did she go?> He pulled out a shard of black crystal from a 'pocket' and commanded it to find Naru and Diamond.
The crystal began to glow and an image of Naru and Diamond together appeared before him. They seemed more than just comrades. <How dare she! She dares to betray me?! With my own brother yet! I will deal with Naru later, but first I must find the senshi.> Furious, Sapphire teleported back to his apartment in Shinjuku.

"He should be back by now," Naru said softly looking at the black boots she was wearing. <How can they forgive me? How can HE forgive me?> she was still brooding over her affairs with Sapphire and Raistlin. Apparently she did not hear what Nephrite had asked her.
"Hey! Earth to Naru! Come in Naru!" said Moonstone waving her hand in front of her friend's face.
"Huh? What's up De?"
"You ok girl? You've been awfully quiet all of a sudden," said Onyx.
"Daijoubu, Mara. I was just thinking about what happened that's all."
"Hey we understand. You weren't in control, he was," said Garnet.
<They don't blame me? What about Neffy? Will he blame me?> she thought. She felt a gentle hand on her shoulder. She looked up and saw Nephrite standing in front of her.
"It's all over 'Bright Eyes'. Just forget about it." She looked into his blue eyes and saw he truly didn't blame her nor did he accuse her of anything. There was only love in those eyes.
"It's not over yet, Nephrite-kun. We still've got to deal with Sapphire," said Moonstone.
This caused Nephrite to remember what he wanted to ask Naru. "Naru, what did you mean by 'He'll should be home by now'?" he asked her.
"When I was brainwashed, I convinced Sapphire to split us up and attack different areas in the city to draw you guys out and separate you," she said ashamed of her betrayal to her friends. Opal laid a comforting hand on her shoulder and smiled.
"What do mean separate us?" asked Moonstone.
"I had to get away from him so I could talk to you. That's what I was doing here. He was to wait at Tokyo Tower for some of you to show up while I was to keep the rest of you busy elsewhere. Thank God I didn't."
"But we're all here. And the others decided to take a holiday at Chad's ski lodge," said Garnet.
"That's why he should be back soon. Once he finds out I disobeyed him, he'll come straight back here. You see, his apartment is right above this place."
"Well then, we'd better get our buts up there if we want to surprise him," said Onyx and headed for the back room and stairs.
"Shimatta! She can't handle him alone!" said Nephrite and ran after her.
"Neffy! Wait! I'm coming with you!" Naru ran after her lover.
Opal and Moonstone debated whether they should contact the other guardians or not, but decided against it since they'd never get here in time.
"Come Deana. We'd better join them." With that, Opal and Moonstone ran up the stairs to join their friends.

In an angry flash of blue light, Sapphire returned to his lair. Unaware that the senshi were hiding in his apartment, he sat down on the couch waiting for his brother and EX-lover to return from an obvious rendevous. His hair on the back of his neck prickled, and he knew that she had returned. <Without him.> he thought. No matter, he'd deal with his brother later. For now he'd have to settle for a certain red-haired minx.
"Come on out, my love. There's no need to hide. I'm on to your little game," he said bitterly.
The bedroom door opened and Naru came out of the room. "Any luck, beloved?" she asked trying to hide her anger.
"Oh yes. Plenty of it, but not the kind I expected. I see now why you wanted us to split up. You certainly are a pretty, cunning little vixen aren't you, love?" He spat the word. "I know about you and my brother," he said with a menacing smile on his lips. He caressed her cheek.
"What about me and Prince Diamond?" she asked as coyly as she could.
"You betrayed me! You slept with my brother behind my back you little whore!" The hand that was stroking her cheek moments before, dropped down to her neck and began to squeeze the air out of her.
"Ack! Please Sapphire-sama," she begged.
"You expect me to be merciful? Hah! Mercy is only for those who are weak and stupid enough to trust another person!" He squeezed harder, bruising her neck.
<Neffy, please!> she screamed in her head, praying the others would save her.
"Like you?" said a voice. He spun around expecting to see his brother.
"YOU!" he said utterly shocked to see Nephrite standing before him in his apartment.
"Release her at once!" Nephrite commanded, a look of utter contempt on his face. The blue haired Nemesan quickly regarded his rival's face, and gave into his better judgement and released Naru's throat. The girl collapsed onto the couch gasping for air. Nephrite ran to her and began to comfort her.
"For kidnapping my second best friend, I won't forgive you!" said Moonstone.
"For attempting to corrupt a true love, I won't forgive you!" said Garnet.
"For attempting to corrupt my love, I won't forgive you!" said Opal.
"For making me worry about my friends, I won't forgive you!" said Onyx.
"For forcing me to love another, I won't forgive you!" said Naru, once she regained enough air to speak. "Amber Star Power, make up!" she shouted, and as orange light erupted from her amber ring, she transformed into Sailor Amber. Instead of her usual amber studded orange choker, the hoshizuishou was at her throat on its black velvet choker.
Sapphire stood amazed as he watched the girl finish her henshin. "Naru, you're a-a Sailor Senshi?" he asked when his powers of speech returned. <That would explain how she came to be Sailor Moon's best friend.>
"In the name of love and justice, we will punish you!" she said.
"Onyx Beam Fire!" Onyx's beam hit him square in the chest and knocked him onto the couch.
Opal began her attack. "Opal Tsu-"
"Opal, wait!" said the Diamond Knight stepping between her and his brother.
"Raist get out of the way," she said.
"Sorry, love. Can't. If I'm to lose my brother, then I'd rather go with him," he said refusing to budge from where he stood.
"You're nuts!" said Garnet. "Get out of the way, or I'll make you."
The silver haired man just looked at her and dared her to. "OK mister you've asked for it. Garnet Love..." she started walking toward him, magenta energy flickering around her hand.
"Ariel, don't you dare hurt him!" Amber was in front of her now. She had to power down or she'd electrocute her friend.
"Naru, just what do you think you're doing?" she said narrowing her eyes at the redhead.
"I know how to stop him, without having to kill him!" she said shoving the Diamond Knight out of the way.
"What do you mean Naru-chan?" asked Moonstone.
Amber's hand went to the pendant at her neck and she closed her eyes. She held her other had out to Sapphire. "Give me that crystal," she said.
"Not on your life Sailor bitch!" he raised his hand for a blast, but Neffy got behind him and grabbed both his arms and held them at his sides.
"Garnet, your beam, ima!"
"Garnet Heart Beam!" he beam of hearts made their way around Amber and instead of striking him like Onyx's beam, wrapped itself around Sapphire several times. Nephrite reached into Sapphire's 'pocket' and pulled out the kurozuishou shard.
Surprised, he stared at it remembering when he last saw it. It was the night Zoisite sent his youma to kill him and he discovered the love of his life was a Sailor Senshi. <How'd he wind up with it?> he asked.
Amber quickly grabbed the crystal from him and threw it up into the air. It hung suspended in mid air. "Onyx! Destroy that thing, and we've got 'im," she said.
"Gotcha Naru-chan. Onyx Star Scream!" The sonic blast shattered the crystal and the shards disintergrated into nothingness.
"NOOOO!!! You've destroyed my only way back home!" said Sapphire and struggled against Garnet's heart beam.
"Don't you like it here? You can stay with your brother," said Moonstone.
"I can't. If I can't have her, then what's the point of my staying here?" he said trying not to cry.
"I'm here. Surely I can't be that bad, otouto," said Diamond Knight.
"I'm glad you're here 'nii-san, but I need female company too. I'm sure none of these girls would want me, especially those two, after what I did to them," he said indicating Amber and Opal.
"They might not want you Sapphire, but I do," said a feminine voice from the apartment's doorway.
The senshi and two guardians turned to see a young woman with green hair pulled into a bun.
"Prisma! What are you doing here?!" they all shouted.
"Sapphire, did you think we sisters wouldn't notice you were in town? Did you really think I wouldn't see you walking down the street yesterday?" She smiled at him.
"How did you know where to find me?" he asked no longer struggling against the beam.
"Simple, I had Birdie and Catsy follow you. Once they found out you've opened a store here, they came running to me. I was walking by when I saw the door was blasted. Your work?" she asked the senshi.
Onyx got a sweatdrop on her head and said, "Yeah. Guess I did get a little carried away."
"Prisma, what did you mean when you said you wanted me?" asked Sapphire.
"Isn't it obvious baka (stupid)? I love you! I've always had, even on Nemesis. I was just too shy to tell you myself. AND you were too busy mooning over Emerald too notice how I felt about you."
"You-you love me?" he stammered unable to believe what she just told him. <She loves me. Not Rubeus. How could I have been so stupid?>
She blushed. "Yes. I love you very much Sapphire. Please don't leave. Stay. You can still have your store. I'd even help you with it, if you want."
"You'd help me?"
"Any of us would. All you have to do is ask," said Moonstone. "Let us heal you."
"Please, brother," Diamond Knight pleaded.
"Please Sapphire. If you let them heal you, you could stay. With me," said Prisma.
"You'd be willing to let me live? After all I've done to you Naru? Brother?"
"Of course we will," said Amber surprised at her answer. Was she really willing to let her kidnapper and murderer live? "We're not like the people on Nemesis, Sapphire. We always try to give others a second chance," she said standing before him.
He looked into her eyes. There was hate, but only for a few seconds and it melted into pity, then love. "I forgive you, beloved," she whispered in his ear as she kissed his cheek.
"Thank you Naru. Your forgiveness means much to me. Sailor Moonstone, heal me now before I change my mind," he said.
She looked to Amber and then to Opal, both women nodded and Nephrite came up to her. "Do it. He deserves a second chance at life. I understand his posistion. Don't forget I was evil myself."
She nodded and removed the jewel from her bow. She drew a circle before her with the gem. "Moon Healing Activation!"
Sapphire disappeared in a pale blue light and reappeared moments later wearing the same dark blue suit only, the black moon mark had disappeared. He was healed.
Prisma ran to the young man and kissed him passionately. Sapphire, now free of Garnet's beam, wrapped his arms around her and returned the kiss.
Onyx, Moonstone, and Garnet had hearts in their eyes. Opal and the Diamond Knight stood next to each other smiling at the couple. Amber and Nephrite were similarily engaged.
"Come on you three, let's go home. There's nothing left to see," said Opal grabbing Moonstone and Garnet and gently shoving them out the door.
Diamond Knight put his hand on Onyx and escorted her out the door.
"Hey where'd everybody go?" asked Amber when she broke free from Nephrite's kiss.
Seeing that the others had gone and that Prisma and Sapphire were still at it, Nephrite gently picked her up and started for the door.
"I can walk you know," she said teasing him.
"I know. But then you'd be to tired to enjoy my company when we'd get home," he said and kissed her before she could say anything.
Nephrite carried his love out the apartment door and teleported with her to his mansion.