Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Just keep rockin` ❯ B-Day unpleasant surprise... or not? ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

B-Day unpleasant surprise.
 
Darien sat in front of a table in the balcony of the penthouse. He was just letting the time pass, waiting it to be noon, so he and Serena could spend the afternoon together. He smiled, remembering about their talk last night. I never thought I could find someone like her in this city, he thought as he sipped his coffee.
Behind him, Malachite stood, holding a newspaper. He was feeling bad, knowing that the news he was about to read would spoil all his day. Taking a deep breath, he approached his represented.
“Mally, I said I wanted to be alone, so if you are here, I guess there are important news. But, let me tell ya, nothing can spoil the happiness I am feeling.”
“Well, sorry to break it to you, but you need to read this” He said, as he gave Darien the newspaper, opened in the gossip column.
Dariens eyes widened as he saw the headliner of the front page: BIG SCANDAL! POP SINGER, DARIEN GREEN FOUND WITH A MINOR!, with a picture of him and Serena on the restaurant, last night. The rest of the article said that Mister Green had a fight with the lady, a local school girl. The piece also said that Green ordered alcoholic beverages for the girl and for himself.
Malachite knew that Dariens first words after he read the new would be hard ones, but expecting them didnt make them less hard.
“What the hell this bastards think they are doing?! Putting me as a pervert?! She is gonna be 18 in two weeks! Besides, she didnt even drink!”
“I know, but you should have expected this, besides, is not as if you are that old, you are 22 years old. What are you gonna do?”
“Call my lawyer, and ask for a press conference. I am making these idiots swallow their pride and apologize to me and to her!”
Darien walked to his room and slammed the door. He was sulking against the idiotic so-called journalists. He sat down on his bed and took a few deep breaths. I gotta call Serena, and warn her. He took his cell phone and dialed her number. The phone rang three times, and she picked up.
“Hello? Serena?”
“Darien? is that you?”
“Yeah, its me. How are you doing?”
“In big trouble. I guess you are calling for the newspaper story. My dad freaked out and forbid me to see you again. He says that I am underage and said the most horrible things about you.”
“I am calling for a press conference to tell the truth about everything. I am going to your place to talk to your parents.”
“No, dont come! My parents are really upset.”
“No Serena, I am going! We did nothing wrong and I am not letting you handle this alone.”
“But…”
“No, I will be there soon. Bye”
“Bye”
Darien hung up his phone and dressed as fast as he could. He got outside the room, and Malachite was sitting on the couch. He stared at him, surprised to see him changed to go out.
“Where are you going?”
“To Serenas place. I just called her, and things are bad there, so I am going to fix things up.”
“Darien, I hope you understand what you are doing and that she is worth it.”
“You and I know that she is worth it. Wish me luck.”
“Yeah, break a leg.”
Darien rushed outside the penthouse and took the elevator down to the hotel parking lot. He got on his rented Hummer and drove outside. (AN: A Hummer? Yeah I know that is too cliché, but I really like those cars. Specially the ones used on CSI: Miami).
………………………&# 8230;…………
 
Serena was pacing around her bedroom. The whole idea of Darien coming to her house to face her parents didnt convinced her. She was worried of what this could mean to his career. The thought surprised her, so she stopped dead on her track. Worried about HIS career? Since when do you care so much about the guy, Serena? (AN: Inner self arguing? We all do that, right? I dunno if you do it, but I definitely do it from time to time. Try it, its funny and interesting!). She sat on her bed and put her head on her hands. “God, what is wrong with me?”
“Nothing is wrong”
Serena lifted her head and saw her mother standing on the doorway, smiling at her.
“What are you doing here mom?”
“I was worried about you, thats all. And I wanted to ask you something dear.”
“What?”
“Is it real what the newspapers are telling?”
“No mom! Darien would never do such a thing! He has been nothing but a perfect gentleman with me since day one. The one that acted like a jerk was me! I was planning a perfect day for him for his birthday, but it seems that I ended ruining it too!”
She nodded, looking at her daughter, smiling at all the memories that came to her mind. Funny, it reminded her the time her parents were upset because her boyfriend was older than her. Everything turned out fine and from that relationship she had her children. Her boyfriend was her husband today.
“Mom, are you ok?”
“Yeah honey, why are you asking that?”
“You were staring into nowhere and smiling. What were you thinking?”
“Have I ever told you how did your dad and I met?”
“No”
“I was on my first year of high school and I was playing volleyball. The ball I threw hit your father, a senior year, on the head. My parents were upset when we began dating, because he was a lot older than me. It reminds me of you and this Darien guy.”
“Mom! Darien and I are just friends!”
Serenas mom got up from the bed she was sitting on. She walked out the door and turned to see her daughter.
“You say that now, but you never know what the future might bring to you.”
Then they heard the sound of a car parking in front of the house. Serena run to the window and saw a black Hummer parked in front of her house and Darien getting out of it.
“Well, here we go” Serena told her mother.
“I am with you, remember that.” Her mother said.
………………………&# 8230;…………………..
 
Darien got out the car and walked towards the front door of her house. He took a deep breath and knocked at the door. The door opened to reveal a very nervous Serena standing behind it.
“Hey” he said
“Hi, ready?”
“How scary is your dad?”
“You will be ok. Besides I told you that I could handle this by myself.”
“You are in this mess because of me, the least I could do is get you out of it”
Before they could say something else, they heard Serenas dad from behind her.
“I suppose that you are Darien?”
“Yes sir. Nice to meet you”
Her dad just frowned and made a sign at Darien to follow him inside. They all four walked into the living room and sat on the couches. Darien and Serena sat together in one and her parents on the opposite.
“I guess that you already read todays newspaper.”
“Yes, and thats why I came here.”
“I dont want my daughter to be famous just because some famous singer wants to get his way with her.”
“Dad!” Serena replied, looking very upset, “Darien is not like that, you should know that!”
“How can you be so sure? You dont even know the guy!”
“So let me get to know each other in a better way” Darien replied
“What is that supposed to mean?”
“Your concern is that your daughter gets the wrong reputation. I already called for a press conference to clear this mess up. My lawyer submitted a complain against the journalist that wrote the story. I care about your daughter a lot, and let me tell ya that I dont want her to be known because of that mess, so I want to ask for your permission to visit your daughter. I am leaving to finish the tour in two days, but I am ending it in two weeks. After that, I have some free time. I want to spend as much time with her as I can.”
“And what proof do I have that you are not gonna play with her? I still dont trust you”
“Honey! You are talking like my parents when we were dating!” Serenas mom said, “The poor guy had the guts to came all the way here to face you! I think thats all the proof you need”
He nodded to his wife and turned to face Darien.
“Ok. You can visit her, but I dont want her to be out of this house late. If you go out, she has to be here at 11, the least.”
Darien nodded and got up to leave, Serena followed him outside the house. Her dad was about to follow them, but her mom took him by the hand and made him stay. The couple walked to the front of the house.
“You didnt have to say that” Serena broke the silence. Darien turned around to face her.
“What do you mean?”
“The whole idea of visiting me. I know you did it to chill my dad and I appreciate it, but you didnt have to”
“Why not? I want to keep on seeing you.”
Serena blushed and looked down, but Darien hold her by the chin and made her face him.
“What do you want from me Darien?”
“I just want to be close to you. You have no idea how much I enjoy being around you.”
“Too bad that I ruined your birthday. I really wanted to make it special.”
“There is something that you could do to make it special”
She smiled and looked at him, amused.
“And what is that?”
“This”
He leaned closer to her and kissed her. Serena was really surprised at first, but then she kissed him back. They held each other very close, until Serena broke the kiss.
“Wow!”
“What?”
“Thats your idea of a birthday present?” Serena said
“Yours? Yes”
“But… Why?”
“You mean to me more than you could possibly imagine Serena. I realize that the moment you walked into my life. I love you Serena, dont you ever forget that”
Darien got into the car and drove away. Serena stood there until he disappeared from her sight.
“Yeah Darien. I love you too.”
 
………………………&# 8230;………………………… ………
 
TaDa!! Nice cute chapter hah? I am continuing this story exclusively and after I finish it I will end “The gap between the ages”. See ya!!