Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Lost in Darkness ❯ Part 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Lost In Darkness 

  Summary: Hotaru is feeling left out. That is until she met someone new. Can she come out on top? Or succumb to her depression? SUICIDAL THOUGHTS, POSSIBLE DEATH! Pairings: HotaruxOC   Part 1   It was that time of day, of the year.   The special holiday for couples.   February 14.   Valentine’s Day.   Although no one really celebrates it but couples exchange his or her gifts or someone single would find someone else making this an anniversary.   But to the girl in black…this wasn’t a happy holiday.   Living with a cold heart, a dead heart, and with a deserted soul. Living in loneliness and seeing everyone around you gain something you thought you can never have seems so unbearable. It was a burden on her shoulders. Her violet eyes looked on sadly at the couples sitting in the park benches while she herself sits alone on an empty swing with no companion. But she didn’t mind. It was natural. With the gossip about her in school she would’ve been surprised if someone actually came up and talked to her. Even after her father was gone they still held the same old rumor.   Hotaru sighed brushing back her bangs from her face with the cold breeze. She shivered hugging her jacket close to her. She wished she could have strong, warm arms wrapped around her fragile frame feeling protected and comforted at the same time. A dream girl’s fantasy. Her head hung low at that thought. It was something she never experienced. Her hands griped the chains holding up the swing while her head cocked to the right resting on her hand.   Her eyes closed and she let out a sad sigh. She’d been sighing a lot these days especially around this day of the year. She had no one to share it with or at least a friend who was boyfriend-less like she was. No, no one. As much as she tried to be friendly and fit in, she couldn’t.   It was really ironic.   But at least she still had a while before the day actually progressed. She hoped that maybe things would turn out differently this year before the…incident happened again. It felt scary to go back there. She was lucky that Setsuna-mama found her before Haruka-papa and Michiru-mama did. Luckily Setsuna did not tell them of that day.   Standing up she grabbed her book bag and began walking to school. Her pace was slow with petite steps, dreading to where they would lead her at the end of the morning’s journey. She hated school. She couldn’t deal with the let downs and taunts of her fellow peers. They…hurt…   Hotaru would ignore them the best she could everyday. It became hard when in the first time she locked herself in her room and cried seeing no point in continuing this endless path of sorrow. She had been on the path of destruction and she herself was destruction, the Sailor Scout of Silence, the three S’s. People, she knew, didn’t like other people with low self-esteem. Why, she didn’t know. But they always ignore you or stop you when you begin talking as if afraid of what is going to come out of your mouth. No matter what, she still couldn’t make friends. So she was labeled a Goth, the girl in black.   She sighed sadly. Not watching where she was going she accidentally bumped into someone and fell to the ground. She mentally cursed at how she wasn’t used to this even after all the time she fought with the youmas. Her strength is always next to nothing. She opened her eyes as she heard a voice.   “Hey, miss, you okay?” a male voice spoke in concern. It was what she was accustomed to. She was the strongest yet the weakest. She sat up blinking her eyes and looked as to who bumped into her. Her breath almost caught in her throat. She felt her face get hot. A blush was coming on. She quickly shrugged it off and stood up wondering why was she thinking such things when she knew that he probably heard of her already seeing the school uniform on him.   But she couldn’t help but take in his features. He had brown hair, almost black, and violet, like hers, with a tint of red in them. She didn’t know what that was but didn’t bother with it. She just nodded her head in thanks and signaling that she was okay before clutching her book bad tightly and walking around him to continue to her destination. Not once did she look back but she could feel his eyes on her. But maybe it was just her paranoia. No one would be interested in a depressed girl like her. They don’t want the burden because it’s what shrinks get paid for. She continued on her way.   Reaching the school she felt eyes on her again. The fellow students were looking and gossiping how crazy and weird she is. There was something new too. One of the popular girls said something about a new student hoping it was another hot guy she could count of her dates. Hotaru didn’t bother with it and just went straight to class.   She roamed the halls and entered the class 2-B. She was the only one there along with the teacher who was busy with her paperwork. So she decided to sit and patiently wait until the bell rang. At least she wasn’t late.   -----------------   The bell finally rang. It’s been five minutes and students came pouring in sitting in their desks far away from her. Hotaru sat at the far corner of the class with three desks empty: one right beside her, diagonal from her, and in front of her. But she didn’t mind. It was much better that way. She opened her eyes as the second bell ran signaling all late students who usually get detention. She paid no heed and opened her eyes focusing on the lesson. That was the reason they came to school after all.   But the teacher wasn’t teaching she was talking to someone outside. Then the door was left open, the person already gone? The teacher stood at the front as if ready to state an announcement.   “Listen up class!” She stated to get their attention. The class quieted down not wanting to receive clean up duty for being noisy. They usually tried to talk Hotaru into doing it since they stated she had free time since her adoptive parents were famous people. “We have a new student. His name is…”   Hotaru didn’t bother listening further. She heard her name mentioned but didn’t pay mind as she raised her hand up for whatever reason the teacher said. It was after awhile did the teacher begin the lesson. Hotaru was giving full attention even if she wasn’t eager but by doing so she could focus on the work instead of gossiping going around about how cute the new student is and how he’s so famous and ‘I want him’ thoughts. They were distracting. Besides even if she did have a boyfriend, Haruka-papa would just scare them off. She smiled at that thought. It didn’t matter.   She’d always be alone like she was meant to be. A forbidden sailor destined to sleep forever in the shadows of silence never to wake or see the beautiful rays of the sun. To sleep like the dead always…never meant to be…   She snapped out of her ravine as a paper that didn’t belong to her flutter to her desk. She looked to her side to see the new student. He looked…familiar… It hit her. It was the same guy she bumped into. She gave him a forced smile and read the note.   ‘Hey, are you alright?’   It read and she nodded in his direction. He scribbled something else and pushed it towards her, which she read,   ‘How about showing me around? I don’t know anyone and you seem decent enough not to throw yourself at me. So would you?’   Hotaru gave her response.   ‘Sure.’   TBC-----------------   Kinshin: NEW STORY! I know! I’m sorry! It was just that I just got so horribly depressed to the point of…eh nothing. Anyways I hope you like because I still need to continue the ones I haven’t finished yet. Ah! TOO MUCH work!   Like it? Review!