Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Lost Past, New Future ❯ Chapter 8: New Feelings ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Don't own Sailor Moon, but be cool if I did.

A/N: Hey everyone! Thanks for all the reviews! Sorry I haven't updated. I've been really busy. I just had Prom, graduated high school, and moved from Wash to Cali, so that's why I haven't updated. Anyways, here are a couple of specific thank yous:

Arwen-Sorry for not getting this chapter up soon. Thanks for all the complements. I don't know if I rule at writing stories, but thanks. Saying that brightened my day.

Anonymous-Thanks. I'm glad Darien founf out too. It makes it a lot easier, well eaiser for him. Probably not for Serena and ya there will be more smoochies.

Ariel-Like I said, I'll try to write more chapters since I'm out of school now. And thanks for the French stuff. I was in French 4 and I still have probs with it.

Crazzieblue-thanks and I can't wait either.

Lil_dreamer-thanks and I'll try to write more.

Tatiana-Thanks and I will.

Anime Dream Lover- Thanks! ^_^ I love it too!

Bunnychu- Thanks a bunch!

Okay, on to the story…

Chapter 8: New Feelings

Serena sat in her room, gazing up at her ivory ceiling. After escaping Mina's conversation, she went straight home and to her room. (After she ate dinner of course.) Many things were going through her mind. When she entered her room, Luna was on her bed waiting. Luna started to explain thier states at the moment and about finding the next scout. They had no clue at what the scout looked like, but knew she answered to the name, Venus. Serena was starting to yawn half way through the last part of the conversation. Luna saw this, and excused herself. She still had to speak with central control.

Now, Serena laid on her bed with many things going through her head. A long sigh escaped her mouth. She tried to keep Sailor business in her mind, but a certain someone and a certain kiss always came back to interrupted her concentration.

"Don't think too hard, you might start seeing smoke," came a teasing voice from the door.

With quick motion, the teasing voice was silenced with a pillow to the face. "Why did God curse me with you for a cousin? What did I ever do to him?" she joked.

Andrew pealed off the pillow from his face and threw it back at her. She caught it and returned it to its proper place. "Ha ha, very funny. Geez, being the concerned cousin I am, I thought since you been lookin' like you have something troubling you, I'd come with Mom's famous chocolate chip cookies, fresh out of the oven I might add," he took the cookie plate from behind his back to her view, "that we could sit and talk, but since I'm just a bother-"

"Oh don't be silly!" within two seconds flat, the cookie plate was in her lap, her starting to devour them, and Andrew on the bed next to her. "Auntie B's cookies are SO good!"

"You know, my mom made that for the both of us-" she handed him one cookie, a small one, "thanks." She smiled in response. "Anyways," he popped the cookie in his mouth, and quickly chewed and swallowed it, "so what's on your mind?"

"Umm…" she had to chose her words carefully or he might figure out something that he might be able to use to embarrass her later on. "Well I don't know if you could help me."

He stole a cookie from the plate, and took a bite out of it. While chewing, he spoke, "let me guess," he swallowed, "guy trouble?"

She didn't look over at him, just at the cookie plate. She got another one before continuing, "well…sort of."

When she spoke, he heard her happy tone, turn a little sad. Hearing this, he got defensive and said the first thing that came to mind, "is it that Diamond guy?" He hit his fist into his hand, "do you want me to go rearrange his face? Cause I will, just one word-"

Surprised at his response, she looked at him, and couldn't hold the giggle in. A puzzled look came across his face. "No. Diamond has been a real sweetheart since I've been here. Actually," she paused and put a finger under her chin and thought. She started to point her finger at him, "I haven't seen him around for a few days. Do you think he's okay?"

"He's probably sick," Andrew gave his opinion while stealing another cookie. "Anyways, who's the guy giving you the problems?"

Remembering who was on her mind, and the scene once again flashed in her mind, she turned and had a little flush on her face. "Well…umm…" she started to stutter. `How do I tell him?' were her worries. `He would probably just laugh, ugh, guys are so frustrating.'

Andrew was looking on a little worried for she started to mumble things to herself and she looked kind of frustrated. "Rena?" he put his hand on her shoulder to comfort her, "what's the matter?"

Sighing, she let it spill, "it's Darien."

"Darien? You guys are always arguing, you know he really doesn't mean anything he says-"

"I'm not talking about the arguing or teasing," she looked down at her hands and gave all her attentions to them.

"Then-" once again Andrew got the worse scenario in his mind. "Don't worry, I'll give him a piece of my mind tomorrow. No one messes with my cuz, even if he's my best friend."

"No, it's not what you think," she started to wave her hands in the air while looking at him. "He just kind of…confuses me."

Seeing the emotion in her eyes, he relaxed. "He confuses everyone, Rena. He's not one to share what's on his mind."

`Yeay, he just does it,' she thought. She then was about to continue the conversation, but when she saw the curious look on Andrew's face, she realized she spoke out loud.

"What are you talking about?"

"Nothing, nothing at all," she laughed nervously. "Well, thanks for the talk. I feel better," she quickly jumped up from the bed.

She could feel his eyes staring at her, but then he got up also. "Whatever." He then grabbed the last cookie on the plate. "I swear, Rena, I think I agree when Darien says you have meatballs for brains," with that said, he popped the cookie in his mouth and headed for the door.

"See, that is what I'm talking about," Serena started. Andrew then turned to face her. "It's guys like you and that baka who confuse and make a girl like me go crazy!" She advanced over to him and poked him in the chest, "you're a nice person when were around friends or other people, but when were alone, you're so mean to me! But that baka is just the opposite!" Quickly turning, she took a punch at a bedpost. "Oww!" she shook her hand, but continued, "he's a total jerk in the beginning, teasing me and calling me names, then the next minute, he kisses me in the nurses office!" Taking a breath, she calmed down. She turned and looked at the stunned guy.

The stunned look lasted a couple of minutes, but after that, he was hunched over laughing. "May I ask what is so funny?" she asked with a hand on her hip.

"Sorry, Rena," he collected himself and whipped a couple of tears from his eyes. "It's just, I never thought Darien would ever kiss a girl. After rejecting so many, I thought he wasn't interested in girls anymore, if you know what I mean," he explained with a wink. Swiping a hand over his forehead, he headed for the door again, "well, I'm glad I was wrong. Gotta get some sleep and don't worry about Dare. Night Rena."

"Night Andy." He closed her door while she got under her blankets. She turned off her lamp, and closed her eyes. A smile played on her lips before she feel asleep with a certain kiss in thought.

~~~

"So Diamond, when do I get to meet Serenity?" Sapphire asked while walking around `their' home. They brainwashed a couple to take a months vacation some where so they could take the house. Sapphire then spoke again, "I miss her. Does she still trip on invisible things?" he laughed. A smile came on his lips remembering when she `tripped' on a rock and feel right into an expensive vase from Pluto. Her mom was furious with her, but forgave her for it was an accident.

Diamond was relaxing on a chair, watching his brother look curiously around the place. "You'll see her soon enough, but first you need to rest up. As soon as you get your full strength up, I'll introduce you to `Serena.' Remember, she's not Serenity anymore."

"But as soon as you give her back her memories, she'll be back to the same bubbly Serenity, right?" Sapphire got a nod. He then sat in another chair in front of Diamond, "and I'm fine." To show him, Sapphire flexed his muscles, "see, never better."

Diamond couldn't help, but smile at his action, "just relax. You just reawakened and got your memories back. After a couple of days, then I'll show you around town and to see Serenity. But you must remember not to use Nega Moon magic and to hide your identity. No one must find out who we really are."

"I know I know, geez, you sound like Dad," he crossed his arms. "But couldn't we go tomorrow, I'm SO bored here."

Diamond laughed, "you were always so impatient. Fine, tomorrow I'll show you around town, but if you get tired, then we head back here. Got it?"

Sapphire stuck out his tongue, "I'm not a child, but fine."

~~~

It was sixth period, the next day. The class was learning how to cut veggies into different things. "Lita, you're so lucky," Serena said while washing her hands.

"Why do you say that, Serena?" Lita questioned after taking out some knifes, and placing them on the cutting board.

"Duh Lita," Mina joined in the conversation. She just got back and placed the veggies on the cutting board, "cause this stuff is simple for you."

"Yeah. I can barely cut a veggie in half, none the less make a radish look like a flower," Serena complained while trying to cut a radish.

"Well, it's because I love cooking."

"Yeah, but I still wonder why you're taking `Food For Today,' which is a beginning class, when you could be taking a more advanced one," Mina stated while eyeing her radish. A sweat dropped formed on her forehead, so did Serena's and Lita's as soon as they say her `radish flower.' "I never liked cooking. I just need it to graduate," she then tossed the `flower' into the cold water.

"Well I like it," Serena smiled. Then she showed the girls her flower, "what do you think?"

"Not bad, Sere," Mina complemented.

"Yeah, not as bad as Mina's," Lita joked.

"Blue kitchen," the teacher yelled over at the two laughing girls and one sticking her tongue at them. When their attention was on the teacher, she continued. "Since you girls only have three people, I'm adding someone else to your group. Go," she pointed to their group. (A/N: That's was my kitchen color! The girls in my group were great, but I'm the only one that knew anything about cooking -_-;)

They looked at the direction of which she was talking to, and saw Alan. "Hey Serena. Do you mind if I join you girls? Everyone else has four or more people in their group."

"Only if you don't mind being upstaged by Lita here. She cooks the best food I've ever tasted," she graved his arm and pulled him over to the other girls.

"And she's tasted a lot of food!" Mina teased.

Their laughter died town when seeing the look their teacher gave them. After the 15 minutes of cutting veggies, they cleaned up and sat at their team table. The teacher then spoke the last 10. "Okay class, starting Monday, you and a partner will do a demonstration in front of the class showing what you learn from the last few days. You can do whatever you like, radish flowers, tomato roses, etc. It will be a quick 5-minute one. You will bring in your work in finished, and just tell the class what you did. Since today is Wednesday, that gives you, four days to prepare. So pick your partner, and when I call on your kitchen, give me your names."

At this point the class started to get noisy. The first person that crossed Serena's mind was Lita, but to her disappointment, Mina thought the same thing. "Sure Mina, I'll be your partner," Lita turned to the pouting Serena and shrugged her shoulders, "sorry."

Serena then quickly turned to Alan who was being talked to by another girl. Without thinking, she grabbed him, "he's my partner!" The other girl looked afraid. She quickly left the table to another person. Realizing her outburst, she let go of him. "I'm sorry," she said while looking away.

He just chuckled, "it's okay. I'm flattered you wanted to be my partner that bad." Seeing her cheeks pink from embarrassment, he went on, "so, do you want to come over to my apartment today so we can discuss our project?"

"Sure, that's a great idea. Then I can get to know you more," she smiled over at him. "Just got to stop by my locker after school. Okay?"

He nodded. The bell rang, and everyone went off. Serena waved goodbye to Mina and Lita while placing her books in her locker. She closed her locker, and started to walk with Alan. "So, where do you live?"

"I live in the Firestone apartments. My exchange family owns the apartment complex, so they gave me one of my own," he answered while opening the front doors for them. (A/N: I totally spaced that an exchange student needs a family to stay with, so that's the best I could think of. So don't laugh.)

"That's cool, well then, let's go!" she exclaimed while skipping a little ahead of him.

~~~

Darien was on his way to Serena's locker to explain about the kiss. He was trying all day, but he never had a chance. As usual, she arrived late to school, he was already in his class, across from hers, and he could hear her apologizing to the teacher. In P.E. they were running lines, so he couldn't then. Then at lunch, she had detention for being late. So after school was the last chance today, and he wanted to get it done today.

However, his plan was interrupted when seeing another guy at her locker. "What is he doing with her?" he cursed. All he could do was that as she walked out of school with Alan. He was about to follow them when a voice stopped him.

"Now Dare, don't go stocking her now. She already thinks your crazy as it is," Andrew teased.

"Andrew," Darien turned around, and smiled, "I didn't see ya there."

"Of course not, you were to busy stocking my cousin. And don't worry about Alan," he reassured his friend, "she told me their going to his apartment to talk about their project." Slinging an arm over Darien's shoulder, he togged him toward the parking lot, "Anyways, I'd be more worried about that Diamond guy. I think she's got a thing for him," seeing his friends look he patted his shoulder, "but if I were you, I'd be nicer to her. She likes guys that aren't always calling her names or teasing her."

"And you are telling me this because?" Darien tried to cover.

"Oh stop lying Dare. Serena told me about you kissing her in the nurses office." Darien was opening his mouth to lie, but Andrew continued, "Don't try to lie. I'm not stupid. Good move, though. But I never thought you were interested in girls, but I'm glad you grew out of girls having cooties."

"Shut up, Drew."

"Geez, and here I am trying to help you get with my cousin, fine," Andrew pulled his arm away, and headed for his car.

Darien looked at his retreating body, then started to jog for it, "wait!"

To be continued…

Sweetcece: "finally finished this chapter. Sorry it took forever. I was busy plus a writers block doesn't help. Next chapter Diamond and Sapphire will most likely meet up with Serena somewhere and Darien will give the evil glare to him. All well."

Darien: "Once again, no Tuxedo Mask…tisk tisk…you're depriving the viewers of the dreamy masked hero."

Sweetcece: "Like I said, I hate fight scenes. Oh and I'm also sorry if you guys didn't get to see Ray, Amy, Greg, Chad or Ken. They just didn't fit in the story at the time. I know, I let them finish this up."

Ray and Amy: "Thanks for all the reviews. They made Sweetcece want to write the last chapter."

Greg and Chad: "So please R&R, she likes reading them."

Ken: "Bye!"