Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Lost Past, New Future ❯ Chapter 7: New Complications ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Lost Past, New Future

Author: Sweetcece

Disclaimer: I don't own Sailor Moon…but if I did, that would have been cool

A/N: So hey! I'm up! Did you guys miss me? *Smiles sweetly* ya'll need to start reviewing. Well, Arwen is one of the cool one that actually leaves reviews, so thanks! ^_^ Anyways, we last left off with Sapphire tweaking…

Sapphire: "Hey! I was not!" *pouts at Sweetcece* "My eyes were fluttering."

Sweetcece: "Whatever floats your boat is what I always say…as I was saying, we left off with poor Diamond waiting for his brother's reaction…" *looks over at Diamond, hold a knife in his hand and giving her `the eye'* ^_^; "SO here's the story!"

Chapter 7: Another Complication

"Sa-Sapphire…" Diamond barley whispered. Sapphire's fluttering eyes seized. Looking over, and realizing it wasn't working, Diamond lifted up his hand, ordering Vineica to stop. "Give the rest of the energy to Wise Man, he'll know what to do with it." With that said, Vineica bowed and left. Once alone, Diamond lifted up the top to the casket. He then just stared at his motionless brother, hoping something would happen. Letting out a grunt, he turned and headed for the exit. His footsteps stopped upon hearing something. He quickly returned to the casket. "Sapphire?" he question while bending over to get a closer look. "Sapphire?" he questioned more loudly.

*THUMP*

Diamond was on the floor, rubbing his nose. Next thing he did was glare up at the culprit. `Stupid Sapphire…he's lucky he's unconscious…' his angry thoughts stopped and returned with a hopeful one, `…wait a minute!' He jumped up fast, as if his pants were on fire, and gazed at Sapphire again. Seeing the body the exact same way, he got a cute confused look on his face. (A/N: you know what kind of face…the one's where they look like kids that wonder why you would ever want to grow up. ^_^ So cute!) This time Diamond decided to take a more hands on approach. He shook his brother a little and said his name again. He was shocked when Sapphire shoved his hands away a mumbled `five more minutes' while turning to his side.

Diamond stared Sapphire for a whole ten seconds before graving him in a hug. "Oh Sapphire! You're okay!" he said joyously.

While Diamond was overwhelmed, Sapphire still had the `thousand year old' sleep in his eyes. Trying to figure why his brother was giving him a death-bearing hug, he couldn't help but yawn. He then question, "what's up with you?"

A little confused, Diamond pulled away from his brother, and stared at him, "you don't remember?"

Sapphire was able to move his limbs again. He decided to scratch his head at that time, "remember what?"

"Do you know what happened?" Diamond continued to question.

Getting frustrated with the multiple question conversation, Sapphire raised his voice, "if I don't remember, how am I suppose to know? Geez Diamond, and I thought the older brother was suppose to be the smarter one." He crossed his arms then shook his head.

"I'll show you smarter one," Diamond then graved poor Sapphire, pulled him out of the casket, and into a headlock. Sapphire tried to wiggle his way out, but of course, he couldn't. "Now say it, say it…"

Finding no other way out, Sapphire gave up, "okay, okay…" Diamond let him go, "Diamond is the greatest person in the world and I am so envious of him." Diamond rejoiced and Sapphire just rubbed his head. The joking and happy environment then turned serious, "so what is up, Diamond?"

Diamonds exciting face turned serious, "Come, I'll tell you the story while we eat."

~~~

"What exactly happen?" Sapphire questioned while digging into some food.

Diamond was thinking, `I can't tell him what happened. He would never forgive me.' Diamond sighed, "Well, I went to the moon, finally able to visit Serenity and take a break from Dad…"

"You mean at that `get together' her mom planned that she begged you to go to." Sapphire looked at him, still shoveling food in his mouth.

The awful scenes flashed into his memory, he scowled, "yes, anyways, as I was saying, I went to visit her, but I had to leave early," Diamond said. `Well it's not totally lie, I had to get out of there fast, stupid Endymion.' He then continued, "I was there early, and so I told her I'd be back in time for the `get together,' and then I left. I finally came back a couple of hours later, but what I saw was…devastating." He paused, trying to calm himself, while Sapphire stared at him in anticipation, he then continued, "the beautiful moon kingdom was no more. The castle was in ruins and there were dead bodies from everywhere. As I was running toward the castle, I heard someone. I ran to the voice as fast as I could, and found Serenity…lying in a puddle of blood." Diamond turned his head away from his brother, tears stinging his eyes.

Sapphire was speechless. He wanted to say something, but he didn't know what. Swallowing, he tried, "then what happened," he barely said over a whisper.

Diamond couldn't look at his brother, for the next part was hard, "Serenity was in gasps now. She couldn't speak anymore. I gathered her in my arms, but then she went limp, and I knew then, that she had left me." Tears feel freely now, but he continued, "after setting her down, I look around to see if there were anymore survivors, there were none. Then there was a dagger…" Diamond fell silent.

Sapphire came closer to Diamond and put a supporting arm over his shoulder, "Diamond…"

"Grief and sadness was all that I felt. Not caring to live anymore, I stab myself. Ending my sorrow, and pain of losing her, I…I…" Diamond then got up and whipped his tears, "sorry Sapphire, but I need to do something. I'll be back soon." He then left through the doors.

Sapphire just watched as his brother exited the door. `Diamond…what aren't you telling me?'

~~~

"What are your plans for today?" Serena asked while tying her P.E. shoes.

Lita finished putting on her P.E. before she answered, "Actually, I was going to go to the hospital."

Serena stood up and had a hug smile on her face, "oh yay! Ken is getting out today. Isn't he?" It's been three days since that unforgettable event. Lita learned about the Scouts mission and Serena got her strength back.

A slight blush grew on her face, "yeah. I want to make sure he's okay. Anyways," she changed the subject, "let's get to class." Lita walked out of the locker room, Serena not far behind. They walked up to their class. It was basketball today. They were making small chat, until someone caught their attention. Actually, it caught all the girls attention.

It was a young guy, most likely their age and stood about six even. He had brown reddish hair, and green eyes. He was playing basketball and doing very well. "Wow, who is that?" Lita questioned. Her hand was under her chin, and her face was of concentration. She startled Serena when she said `ah ha' loudly. "He's the new exchange student. Hey, he kinda looks like-"

"Your old boyfriend?" Serena finished. Lita scowled at her, "anyways, he actually looks kind of cute." Serena said while looking at him. At that moment, he made a basket. A cheer came from the group of girls beside them.

"I don't see what's so great about him," Darien said while walking through them. He was bouncing a basketball, heading for the hoops.

Serena had a smirk on her face, "are we just a little jealous, Dare."

Darien ignored her statement and made it to the hops, starting a game with a couple of other students. Serena laughed and Lita joined in with her. However, their laughs were cut short when a ball came flying. "Serena! Watch out!" Serena was lightly laughing when she turned around and a ball hit her in the head. She fell like a rock.

~~~

"Uhg…" Serena moaned. She slowly opened her eyes, and found Lita looking down at her with a smile on her face. "And what are you smiling about?"

Lita's smile grew before she spoke, "nothing. Well since you are okay, I think I'll head off to lunch. I'll meet up with you later. Okay?" Lita asked.

Serena waved her off with a smile. Lita left out the door, but stopped when she saw Darien. "Hey, what's up?"

"Is she okay?" he asked.

`Ahh…how cute! He's worried about her.' Lita thought. "Yeah, she's fine. I have to go to lunch. I said I'd meet Amy, Ray and Mina. See ya."

Darien waved goodbye and headed in. When he entered, he saw Serena lying there. "Serena? You awake."

She looked as if she was asleep, but she was faking it. She heard Lita talk to someone and then heard Darien's voice. Thinking that he was there to tease her, she pretended to sleep. Hoping to fool him.

"Serena?" he asked once more. Seeing no response, he leaned over and placed a soft kiss on her lips with his own. He stood up and walked out. That's when Serena shot straight up with a deep blush.

`What was that all about?!' she screamed in her mind.

While Serena was thinking that, Darien was making his way to his group. Before he got to them, he took a good look at the group. Figuring out that Sailor Moon was Serena by finding out who Jupiter was, he knew that kissing Serena was going to cause complications. Nevertheless, he didn't care. He had found out how he really felt about Serena, regardless if she was Sailor Moon or not. Now it is much simpler to protect her from the Nega Moon. He then figured out that Lita was Sailor Jupiter, and it only was common sense that smart Mercury was Amy and tempered Mars was Ray. He stared over at the forth member, trying to see where Mina fit in all of this. He then was brought out of his thinking by the voice of his best friend. He walked over to them.

"So how's Serena?" Andrew asked. He was sitting next to Chad and Mina, who was under his arm smiling and chatting with Amy, who was sitting next to her. Ray and Lita were having a conversation with Greg. Chad, who was having a conversation with Andrew before Darien came, turned his attention toward Darien. They were all relaxing outside under some large tree, from the sun.

"She was sleeping when I came in," Darien answered.

Lita over heard the conversation and interrupted, "but she was awake when I left," she said confused.

`So she was awake. I thought I felt her body respond,' he thought with a smile. "I guess she went to sleep when you left."

"Anyways," Chad interrupted the conversation, "anyone know who this new exchange student is?"

They heard a growl from Darien's direction. Everyone started to laugh. "What's the matter, Dare? A little jealous that he's getting all the girls' attention?" Andrew teased. Darien just `huffed' and sat down and changed to a different subject.

~~~

"You may go now Serena," the red headed nurse told her.

Serena jumped off the couch and stretched. "Thanks for the help, Mrs. Hawker. See ya!" Serena waved at the nurse while exiting the nurse's office. (A/N: Mrs. Hawker is my best friend's last name so, that character is mine.)

"Next time be more careful Serena!" Mrs. Hawker tried to warn her, but she already ran out the door.

Serena smiled back, turned, and ran. School was over and she had to meet everyone at the Crown. Well, everyone except Lita, she went to go see Ken. She was beeped earlier saying that there was a Sailor Scout meeting after school. She was about to open the front door, but it opened first. This sent her crashing into the poor person who got in her path. The fall caused the person she ran into fall on top of her. They landed with an `uff.'

"Je regret," the voice above her said with a French accent, "I wasn't watching where I was going." The voice looked down. That's when his breath caught in her throat. `She's beautiful. Her baby blue eyes are so innocent and pure,' the voice thought.

She looked up to the voice and found the exchange student above her, looking a little worried and flushed. `His eyes are like the shade of Emerald,' Serena thought. She shook her head of the thought, realizing that he was still on her and they were both on the ground. "Um, it's okay. It was my fault; I wasn't watching were I was going. I was also in a rush, so that wouldn't help the situation either," she tried to explain. She then moved to get up to hint to him. He got it and got off her.

Being a nice guy, he offered her his hand. Accepting it, he apologized again, "je regret. Je n'a pas regardez tu et-" seeing the confused look on her face, he playfully smacked himself in the head after helping her up. "I mean, sorry. I didn't see you running."

A smile was on her lips, "like I said, it was all my fault. I shouldn't run and not watch where I'm going." She gave a stern look to show him that it wasn't his fault. He smiled in return. "So, I'm guessing you are from France." He nodded. "Well, I don't think running into each other is a proper welcome to a new country, so…" Serena stuck out her hand. "I'm Serena. I'm the exchange student from Japan. I got her a couple of weeks ago."

Looking at her, he tried to remember where he heard it. `Oh, this is who Emerald was told to watch. I'm glad she passed up the job to me.' Shaking her hand, he smiled. "I'm Alan."

While shaking his hand, she got a glance at her watch, she quickly took back her hand and picked up her school bag. "Well it was nice to meet you, but I'm meeting some friends and I'm already late. Maybe I'll see ya around sometime! Bye!" she waved goodbye and disappeared out the door.

Alan then vanished back to his place. Since Prince Diamond was keeping a watch on Sapphire, Emerald was sent to make sure to keep an eye on Serenity, or also known as Serena now. Emerald bowed at the Prince and left. Not wanting to keep a watch on her, she sent him too keep a watch on her. Being bored, he took the job. He was an 18-year-old exchange student from France by the name of Alan. He `rented out' an apartment, brainwashed the people with Nega Moon energy, and pretended to live there.

Walking over the coach, he lifted up his finger. A picture appeared. He plopped down on one side of the coach, and rested his right arm on the arm of the coach. His head was placed in his right hand while the left held the picture in front of him. He sighed, "yes, my sweet. We'll see each other hopefully sooner than you think."

~~~

"Bye Ray. Amy." Serena waved at them. The Scout meeting ended early do to Mina showing. It was okay though. Serena was in no mood to talk Nega Moon today. Amy went to the hospital to meet her mom, and Ray said that she would head home early to clean up the house before her Grandpa got there. Mina of course was talking to Andrew first, but seeing Serena alone, she walked over and plopped into the set across from her.

"Hey girl! What's up?" Mina said happily.

"Nothing much. I met the exchange student from France today," Serena informed.

"Oh, he's so cute!"

"Mina!" Serena hissed. "What about Andrew? You better not be two timing my cousin behind his back."

"I meant," Mina held out the word `meant' "that he was cute for you. You guys would make a cute couple!"

Serena blushed at the comment, "oh…no. I don't think so."

Mina studied her, "Oh, you got a thing for someone else? Why wasn't I informed?" she crossed her hands over her chest and pouted.

Flashes of Diamond went through her mind, "yes…I mean no…I mean…" Serena then thought back to the kiss from Darien, and blushed even harder. "How about that weather today!" she laughed while looking at another part of the Crown.

"Serena," Mina said as if she was trying to figure out something. "Are you hiding something from me?"

"Well Mina, look at the time. I had better go home before Aunt Bernadette gets worried. See you at school tomorrow!" Without another word, she left out of there.

Mina sat there for awhile, "hmmm…" She tried to put the little information she got, into something. When she was getting somewhere, arms encircled her torso. She smiled and sighed, "Hey, Muffin Cake."

He also sighed, but not happy, "you know I hate that nickname."

She turned and gave a soft kiss on the cheek, "I know. You just look so cute with that face."

To be continued…

Sweetcece: "Well that's all for now. At least it's not on one of those cliff hanger things."

Serena: "You made him…" *points at Darien* "…kiss me?!"

Sweetcece: "Yeah, why?"

Darien: "Yeah, you know you liked it." ; )

Diamond: "Why am I always left out with the kissing scene?" T_T

Greg: "Do you notice in this story, people kiss when the other person is hurt?"

Lita: "Me kissing Ken in the hospital."

Serena: "Darien…" *pauses* "…kisses me in nurses office."

Sweetcece: "I guess that's how it goes. All well."

Chad: *pops out of no where* "I got a line!" ^_^

Ray: *knocks Chad in the head with a bat* "You're so annoying" -_-;+

Chad: x_X *being dragged away by Ray*

Sweetcece: "Well don't forget to R&R. The next chapter will most likely be a little of Diamond and Sapphire brotherly bonding, Serena getting to know Alan more, Darien talking about his feelings, maybe even Sailor Venus…who knows…it's not a certain thing yet. Bye!"