Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Lost Past, New Future ❯ Serena Arrives ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Lost Past, New Future

Author: Sweetcece

Disclamer: I don't own Sailor Moon, but wishing I did…….

P.S. This is my first Sailor Moon fanfic, so sorry if it's not that great.

NOTE: Serena, Ray, Amy, Mina, and Lita=17, Andrew, Darien, and Diamond=19, Greg, Ken, and Chad=18

Prolog

A young 17-year-old girl, searched for someone that looked familiar to her blue eyes. The Japanese girl just came off a long airplane ride across the ocean. Getting a little worried, she stood on a chair and searched over the crowd.

"Serena! Serena!" waved a middle-aged woman. Her waving, short brown hair bounced while her grin was from ear to ear. " Over here!"

"Aunt Bernadette!" Serena, the Japanese girl, waved back. Getting off the chair, she quickly made her way to her aunt, who was waiting with arms open. Serena flung into her aunt's arms, with her two pigtails trailing behind her.

Before Serena could tell her horrid airplane story, there was a tug on one of her knee length pigtails. "You still wear your hair in these weird pigtails? I thought you would out grow them," said the tugger behind her.

Ready to punch the tugger, she quickly turned, and was confronted by shirt covered chest. She cranked up her head to question him, "when did you get so tall?"

He chuckled at the question, "sorry Rena, not everybody is going to remain as short as you." He received a light punch in the shoulder for that comment. "So, how was the flight?"

"We can all catch up when we get back home. It's getting kind of crazy in here." Bernadette looked around at the crowded airport.

~~~

"I still can't believe Aunt Irlene let her `little princess' go to America for her last year of high school," Serena's sandy, blond haired cousin chatted with her, while she unpacked. When he took out a picture frame, he gazed at the photo that had an image of a happy family he hasn't seen in years. "I especially thought Uncle Kenji would chain you up in your room and not let you out until he died," he joked while putting the frame on her nightstand.

"Shut up, Andrew," Serena blew him a raspberry. "But I can't wait to go to school. Of course I'm going to sign up for art, and maybe sign up for volleyball when that sport comes," Serena said excitedly. Facing him, she asked, "so, you will be showing me around?"

"Well……I won't be able to. I have Senior class meetings I have to do, since I'm the class Prez," Andrew said proudly. "Plus, coach is running more practices since we have to win our last three games to make it to finals," he explained, then plopped onto her bed. "I'd really love to, but I can't."

Serena then jumped onto the bed next to him, "but I can't do it by myself," she pouted toward his direction.

He smiled at her childish move, "I know that. That's why I asked one of my good friends to show you around." Picking up a pink stuffed bunny, he questioned, "you still sleep with this?"

"Leave lil' Pixie alone!" she graved the bunny and set it on her pillows. "Anyways, is it that nerdy guy I visited a couple of years ago? What's his name?….." Serena rubbed her chin, thinking. "Meldy……Malven…..Mellian…."

"He's name is Melvin." Andrew interrupted her.

"Yeah, Melvin. He was acting weird around me when I visited that summer when I was 7-years-old." Serena shrugged up her nose.

Andrew chuckled, "It's because he had a crush on you. And no, it's not him. He moved away the next year after that summer. Anyways, the guy that is going to show you around is a pretty, nice normal guy," he reassured her.

"Serena, Andrew, dinner!" Bernadette yelled from the stairs to her room.

"Yeah!" Serena quickly ran down stairs, right to the dining table. Bernadette was coming in with the last dish, and Andrew just walked in.

"Still thinking with your stomach I see," Andrew then sat next to his drooling cousin, he then smiled at his joke.

Serena just shrugged, and as soon as Bernadette sat down, Serena dug in. After piling up her plate, she started shoveling food into her mouth. Andrew's mouth was a jarred. When he was over his surprise, he slowly started to eat. His mom, Bernadette, made small chat with the two, and ate her food slowly. Finishing her first plate, Serena piled her plate for round two. "Man, Serena. Where does all that food go? I can't even fit all that in my stomach?" Andrew asked.

Serena just shrugged, and continued to eat. After they finished dinner, Serena continued to unpack her stuff, and Andrew helped her. Bernadette cleaned up after dinner, and went to crochet.

Hey, that's it for right now. How do you guys like it so far? It's not that exciting right now, but it will be soon. Next chapter, `First Day of School.' Review please.