Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Lost Past, New Future ❯ Chapter 1:First Day of School ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Lost Past, New Future

Author: Sweetcece

Disclaimer: I don't own Sailor Moon, but wishing I did…….

Chapter 1: First Day of School

"Serena! Hurry up! I don't want to be late for school!" Andrew yelled from the bottom of the stairs. "If you don't hurry up, I'll leave you!" Andrew then turned to his mom, "I'll be in the car." With that, he sat in the car waiting.

It was Serena's first day of school, and she was already running late. She was running around her room getting her stuff. "Bag….check…….schedule……check…hair̷ 0;" she heard a honk from outside. "I'm coming!" she yelled outside of her window. She quickly glanced at her appearance one last time, and ran out of her room downstairs. Quickly, she gave her aunt a goodbye kiss and left out the door. Tossing her bag in the back seat, she buckled up.

"Took you long enough." Andrew said, after putting his red Mustang Cobra R in gear, and left.

"Sorry, I didn't know what to wear." She gave him one of her pretty, loving sorry smiles.

He couldn't stay mad when he looked at her. He smiled at her, "Yeah yeah." He sighed out. She quickly put on a beaming smile. "Well we wont have to worry about that after today. You need to pick up your uniform after school today." Andrew then passed a slower car. "Come on! I'm running late!" He yelled at the car in front of him.

In one piece, they finally made it to school. Andrew then parked next to a silver Viper GTS. Waiting beside the car was a guy that had jet-black hair with midnight blue eyes. Andrew got out of the car and made his way to the guy. "Sorry it took so long." He apologized. "My cousin took awhile. Girls, you know how they are in the morning."

"Yeah," the midnight eyed guy gave Andrew their morning handshake. (AN: You know, those weird hand things they do, that they only laugh about.) Serena was getting out of the car ready to also apologize. "So where is this cousin I have to baby-sit for the day?" Andrew's friend said, sounding annoyed.

`What a jerk.' Serena thought, hearing the last part of their conversation. `I don't need a baby-sitter. I'll be fine on my own.' With this thought, she walked over to Andrew and gave him a kiss on the cheek, "Thanks for the ride Andrew, but I can `baby-sit' myself. I'll see you later." With out acknowledging the other guys presents, she walked toward the front office.

"That was pretty harsh, Darien." Andrew eyed his best friend, and then whacked him in the shoulder. "This is why you can't keep a girlfriend."

"Hey, that's not my fault she took it offensively," Darien shrugged his shoulders. "Anyways, I can keep a girlfriend, but I don't really want one right now. Let's go"

~~~

Serena was standing out in the hallway, trying to open her locker. It was a little after 4th period and her teacher let her go check out where her locker was. She tried to open her locker, which seemed like the tenth time. "Stupid locker!" she hit the locker and held her hand. "Oww!" her yelp echoed through the empty hallway.

"Are you okay?" a husky voice asked from behind her.

When she whipped around, there was a handsome figure smiling down at her standing at 6'2". All she could do was stare at him. His nice built body was standing there for her to gaze at. When she looked further up, his bleach blond, chin length hair smoothly shaped his handsome face. However, what caught her eye was his. They were a memorizing shade of violet. She started to get lost in them.

While she was memorized by his looks, he was looking at her. `Those eyes,' he thought. Without realizing it, he whispered out, "Serenity…."

That brought her out of her zombie stage, "Ah, no. My name's Serena."

"Hello Serena." He said coolly, "Are you okay?"

His husky voice gave her chills up and down her spine. "Oh my-my locker is kind of…." She trailed off realizing how she acted with the stupid locker.

He chuckled. "I was actually talking about your hand." The handsome stranger then took her hand and examined it. It was slightly red. "Such fragile hands. You should be more careful."

"Oh, I'm-umm-fine." Retrieving her hand back, a slight blush crept on her cheeks. "I just need my locker open, but thanks for your concern……umm…." She questioned.

"Diamond." He answered. Extending his hand, he said, "here. Let me see if I can help. They can be kind of a pain"

She gave him her locker combination, and he opened it. While she put some things I her locker, he spoke up, "I'm guessing you're new here."

"Can you tell?" She shyly joked.

He gave her one of his breath taking smiles, "then, how about I show you around?" He suggested.

"Sure," she said, after closing her locker.

~~~

After showing her around the school, Diamond brought her to a bench to rest their feet. While she looked somewhere else, he studied her. Since she was new, she wore a blue sundress, which brought out those sky blue eyes. Her body was as a goddess, and her long blond hair flowed down her shoulder and shone like gold from the sun. He still was amazed at the resemblance she was to the princess, haunting his dreams. `Princess is it really you? Have I finally found you?' he thought happily.

The lunch bell brought Diamond back out of his thinking. A crowd started to emerge from the school doors. Everybody was going to their places, the people they hung out with, and started to eat. `Wonder where Andrew is?' Serena thought.

"Hey Rena! I've been looking for you."

`Speaking of the devil.' Serena laughed. "Hey Andy! You have? Well Diamond was nice enough to show me around. Not like your so called `pretty, nice normal' friend." She pointed at Diamond.

"Yeah," Andrew rubbed the back of his head, "sorry about that. Thanks Diamond."

"No prob. It was a pleasure." Diamond smiled toward Serena.

Andrew then tried to defend his best bud. "He's usually nice, but this morning we needed to-"

Before he could finish, Serena interrupted him, "whatever. Anyways, was there a reason you needed to find me?"

"Oh yeah," Andrew pulled her off the bench, "I wanted you to meet some of my friends." He slung his arm around her shoulder.

"If they're anything like your last friend, I think I'll pass." Serena pulled away, to her dismay, not fast enough. Andrew pulled her back and continued to pull her towards his friends.

"Naw, these ones are cooler. But don't tell Darien that." Andrew joked. Diamond just followed them. When they reached their destination, Serena saw two girls, and a guy. One of the girls had long black hair that reached her thigh. She looked at Serena and she could see her violet eyes. She was sitting behind the guy that had shaggy brown hair. I couldn't tell his eye color because it was covered by that mop of hair. The other girl had blond hair about the same length. Half of her hair was tied back with a big red bow. She had the same blue eyes as herself. Serena stopped staring and smiled at them.

"Hey everyone, this is my cousin Rena, or also known as Serena," Andrew joked. He then pointed at the violet, eyed girl, "this is Ray. She is Vice Prez of our class." Ray said `hello' and Andrew continued the introductions. "The mop of hair below her is Chad." Everyone chuckled, well except for Chad. He glared at Andrew, she guessed. "He's the lead guitarist in one of our local bands." Chad smiled at her and waved his hand. "You've already meet Diamond, he's the other football captain." Andrew pointed his thumb in Diamond's direction. "And this beautiful thing," Andrew left Serena, to grave the giggly blond, "is my girl." Andrew gave her a quick kiss.

She giggled, "But you probably prefer to call me Mina," she extended her hand to Serena and shook it. "It's finally nice to meet you. He said a lot of stuff about you."

"Hopefully good." Serena teased.

Diamond decided this would be a nice time to charm the lovely girl, but before he could, someone else walked up to the group, getting their attention. "Hey Dare." Andrew greeted his friend with their handshake thing. "And you've already meet Darien, well sort of." Andrew told Serena.

Serena didn't even glance over at Darien. "Yeah, whatever." She then sat down on the bench, next to Chad and Ray.

Darien finally took a good look at her. `She's cute when she's mad,' he joked. "You know Serena, your hair looks a lot like it has two meatballs stuck on top of your head." Everyone then looked at her, and studied her hair.

She was shocked at how rude he could be, but then got mad at Ray for agreeing with him. "Ya, he does have a point. Why do you wear it in that weird style?" Ray asked.

Serena started to get upset, `how rude can you get? First the baby sitting thing and now he's making fun of my hair?!' she thought. Darien saw her expression and decided to apologize.

He walked over and patted her head, between the meatballs, "Don't get mad `Meatball Head'. I was just joking," he said in a light voice.

"MEATBALL HEAD?!?" she screamed while getting up. "You are so rude! First by the parking lot, then you make fun of my hair, and now, you are calling me names," Serena's voice started to get higher. She then pointed at him, "there is only one word that describes you, a BAKA!" Serena then stormed off somewhere. (AN: I think `Baka' means `idiot' or `jerk' in Japanese. I want it to mean `jerk')

Darien watched the retreating girl. "Great way to get her mad, Dare," Mina said, getting his attention.

"It's not my fault she can't take a joke," Darien defended himself.

"Well you better hope she cools down," Andrew told him, "because I have to live with her and if she's in a bad mood, you better watch out."

~~~

Serena plopped down in front of a tree, taking in the shade to cool down. Too bad, it didn't work; she started to talk to herself, "what a jerk! It's my first day at school and he's mean to me, then he makes fun of me and calls me names." Still feeling frustration flow through her, she took her anger out on the tree behind her. Her fist slammed into the tree, and shook it a little.

"Hey! Some of us are actually wanting to enjoy our lunch," a voice came from the other side of the tree.

Serena crawled over to the other side of the tree and found a tall girl sitting against the tree on the other side. Her brunette hair was in a simple ponytail. When Serena gazed at her eyes to apologized, she say the emerald ones staring back. "Oh I'm sorry. I didn't mean to ruin your lunch. It's just that this is my first day, and the person that was suppose to show me around didn't, then my locker was being stupid, then the jerk that was suppose to show me around made fun of my hair then called me `Meatball Head' and then I got my frustration out-" Serena blabbed on.

"Okay okay," the tall brunette put up her hands to stop Serena. "I get the message. You're new, and haven't had a good first day." Serena answered with a nod. "I know how that feels. When I first got here, no one wanted to hang out with me……" she paused a moment, "actually no one still wants to talk to me."

Serena would have responded, but her stomach took over and started to grumble. She was staring at the girl's lunch and started to drool. `Oh why did I have to be late this morning. I forgot to bring my lunch.'

The brunette saw this, "umm…do you want to eat lunch with me? I have plenty." She put the lunch between the two girls.

"Really?!" Serena asked. She then scooted next to the tall brunette. "Oh by the way, my name's Serena." She extended her hand towards her.

"My name's Lita," she shook Serena's hand a little too hard.

"Wow, you've got a good grip," Serena took back her hand and rubbed it a little.

"Sorry about that," Lita scratched the back of her head, "sometimes I don't know my own strength. Here try this." Lita then handed her a wrap.

Serena glanced at the food, she didn't want to be rude, so she took a small bite. "Mmmmmmm……this is good!" Serena exclaimed while taking another bite.

"Thanks, I made it myself. Don't trust what they put in this food here," Lita told her. "Anyways, I like cooking."

"I wish I could cook. All I can cook is toast, and even I burn that sometimes," Serena laughed. That joke lightened the mood. The two girls continued to chat and giggle till the lunch bell rang.

"So where is your next class," Lita asked while standing up.

"Here's my schedule," Serena handed Lita it. Lita scanned it.

"Oh! You're in my next class! We can go together, it's math. Kind of boring, but it's okay."

"Sure." They linked arms and skipped off to their next class.

~~~

"Tom."

"Here."

"Lita."

"Here."

"Amy."

"Here," a shy voice said from the side of the room.

Serena gazed over at the shy voice. Amy had short blue hair, and blue eyes that were covered by thin glasses to match. She had a book, in her hand, which seemed to be "The Odyssey" by Homer. While the other people were talking with each other, she was reading that book.

"Hey Lita," Serena got Lita's attention, "what's the deal with Amy?"

Lita glanced in Amy's direction, then turned her attention toward Serena again, "You mean with the shy thing? Well she's the bookworm of this school. She has the highest GPA average and she spends her free time I the library. She keeps to herself and her studies"

Before Serena could question more, the teacher spoke up, "class," she waited for a response. When they didn't quiet down, she whistled. Everybody quickly turned around and faced the front. "Thank you," the teacher smiled, "class, we have a new student here. Serena," she signaled Serena to stand up, and she did. "Tell us a little about yourself," she then retreated to her desk.

Serena looked around, then started to speak, "well as you know, my name's Serna. I'm from Japan and I'm a Senior. I love to draw, so you'll most likely see my face in a sketch book." She got a few laughs, "is that all?" she asked the teacher.

"That's fine. Now for the rest of you guys, I'll give you class time to study for your test tomorrow. You may study with a partner, or not. But make sure you keep it down," she then went back to her magazine.

Everybody started to `study.' Lita started to tell Serena about who was hot, single, and available. Serena tried to pay attention to Lita, but her focus was on the shy girl, sitting by herself. `Maybe all she needs is someone to confront her first,' she thought. With that thought in mind, she got up. Ignoring Lita's questioning look, she graved a chair next to the shy blue haired girl. "Hey, how's it going?"

Amy was a little surprised that someone would actually come talk to her. She looked around to make sure she was talking to her. "You-you talking to me?" she pointed a finger at herself.

Serena giggled, "of course, who else would I be? Hey, I saw you sitting over here by yourself, and I thought you would like to come and sit by Lita and I?" Serna then studdered out, "well un-unless you wanted to read your book, and sorry that I bugged ya…." She trailed off waiting for Amy's answer.

Amy stared at Serna a bit. It made Serena a little nervous. When Amy smiled, Serena relaxed, "Sure," she put the book down, and her glasses, "I've already read this book, anyways."

Serena graved Amy's wrist, and tugged her towards Lita. There, they plopped down in two seats, "Hey Lita. Look who I found," Serena teased.

"Hey Amy." Lita greeted her. Amy waved at her in response. "Anyways, before you left, I was going to tell you about the local hangouts." Lita raised one of her fingers, "the number one place is the Crown Arcade."

"And why is that?" Serena asked curiously.

"Andrew." Amy and Lita sighed in unison. Lita and Amy stared at each other with blushes on their faces.

It took awhile before Serena could figure out who they were talking about. She started to bust out in laughs. Tears started to collect up in her eyes. Amy and Lita just stared at her, bewildered.

"And what is so funny?" Lita questioned.

"Hahaha…..sorry it's just…haha…that" Serena took a breath then continued, "that's my cousin. And you two know he has a girlfriend?"

"Doesn't mean you can look," Lita defended herself and Amy.

The blushes grew redder on them when the teacher came up to the three girls, "Serna, if you are done with your giggle fit, and embarrassing the two girls I came to tell you that you are excused from the test tomorrow, but you'll need to get a tutor to catch up in this class."

Amy had a great idea, "I can be her tutor." Amy smiled nicely to the teacher, "I'm already a couple of chapters ahead and it wouldn't be a bother."

"I was going to suggest the same thing, but since you girls already know what you're are doing, I'll take a seat. And Serena, please keep the laughing low."

"Yes, Mrs. H." Serena quieted down, and waited until Mrs. H sat down. "This is going to be so much fun!" she clapped her hands like a little girl.

~~~

The three giggly girls walked down the street toward the Crown Arcade. Upon entering, they were greeted by Serena's cousin behind the counter. "Hey Serena," he then looked at the two spaced out girls beside her, "so you found some poor saps who took pity on you to hang with you," Andrew teased.

Serena playfully hit him in the shoulder, "you're so mean. What would Aunt Bernadette think if I told her you were being this mean?" Serena eyed him. Andrew just smiled down at her, "anyways," she waved her hand to put it behind her. "Amy and Lita were showing me where most of the high school hangs out. I don't see why though," Serena turned around to look at the place, then turn her attention back to him, "I mean, I thought just taking one look at you, everyone would run from here screaming," she smirked at him.

"Good one lil cuz," he then messed up her hair. That's when two guys called after him. One boy was about 5'10 with short brown hair, he had brown eyes to match. The second guy had also short brown hair, but stood about 6 foot and had hazel eyes. "Sorry girls, Ken and Greg need my help, you guys can take a seat, and I'll get one of them to bring you guys some shakes."

"Yeay! Shakes!" Serena joyfully said. Dragging the two girls to a both they made small chat. It wasn't long before they were brought their shakes, by the other two boys.

"Hey Amy," said the boy with short brown hair and eyes. He handed her a vanilla milkshake.

"Hey Lita, it's great seeing you," the boy with short brown hair with hazel eyes smiled towards Lita, "who's your new friend?" he asked. He handed Serena a strawberry milkshake, and handed Lita a chocolate one.

"Hey Ken, this here is Serena," Lita pointed her thumb to the blond downing her milkshake. "Hey Serena, when you come up for air, this is Ken, my best friend, and this is Greg, he's the other smart one in our group." Lita pointed at the hazel eyed guy first, then the brown eyed guy.

Serena put down the empty glass, and shook both of there hands, "Hey it's nice to meet you two."

"Yeah, it was. Well we got to get back to work. Andrew can run this place by himself," Greg finish. "It was nice seeing you again Amy." With that said, he left to the back room with Ken.

Serena stared at the blushing Amy and the happy Lita. "Looks like someone has a crush on Amy," Serena teased. "And you and Ken, Lita….I think there is more than just friendship; and I thought you didn't hang out with anybody?"

"Serena!" Amy exclaimed.

"Shhhh!" Lita shushed her. "And Ken-never mind," she tried to defend herself.

Serena giggled, "okay okay," she raised her hands in defense. "But I'm just saying-" she would have finished, but she got warning glares from both the girls. "So, how are the games here?"

~~~

While Serena was laughing and having fun with her friends, violet eyes were watching her from afar. The violet eyed watcher then promised, "This time Serenity you will be mine….."

Dun dun dun…..hehehe, well that's all for chapter one. I know it's not that exciting, but it will. I had to get Serena to meet everyone first and stuff like that. Chapter two is on the way. And this is a Serena/Darien or Serenity/Edymond fan fiction ;( Sorry Diamond. REVIEW! sweet_cece15@hotmail.com