Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Love Is Blind ❯ Perfect Day ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Love Is Blind

Chapter VI. Perfect Day

By: Sailor Angie

AN: I think I owe you guys an apology. It was wrong of me to impose a quota on reviews. I just figured that since I had gotten 15 in 3 days for Chapter 4 that 11 wouldn't be a big deal, but to those of you who expressed your discord in your reviews, I'm sorry. And that's why I'm giving you guys an extra chapter today. I hope you enjoy.

******

Darien opened his eyes slowly. He tried to figure out what was going on. He was cold. He was on the ground. He checked out his surroundings - He was bleeding. The snow that he laid in was stained crimson. He felt a pain in his side, and when he brought his hand before his eyes; his fears were confirmed as blood dripped from his fingers. He found a street sign. He was on West Mifflin, and only a block from Serena's apartment. He had left his cell at the office and had no other choice. He struggled with the pain and bit his lip as he staggered down the street leaving a trail of blood behind him.

~

"Hey baby, happy anniversary." Seth sounded cheerful over the phone.

"It's only been a month." Serena laughed.

"I don't care; it's an excuse for me to do something special for you."

"You don't have to do anything special for me." Serena was getting ready to go over to Seth's loft. He wanted her to spend the night.

"You don't have a choice in the matter." They laughed, "Well, I'm gonna let you go so you can finish getting ready. I'll see you in an hour."

"Bye Seth." Serena clicked off the phone just as she heard a knock on the door. Absent mindedly, she walked to the door and opened it.

Darien's eyes were swimming as he lost his balance and fell into Serena's arms.

"Oh my god." She breathed as she felt Darien's warm blood on her hands.

*I was fading last night/

Lost out in the cold/

Couldn't see the light/

Then she opened up the door/

I came in from the dark/

And fell into her arms/

Just in time*

Darien squinted in the bright light. The light faded out and he focused on Serena's face above his.

"I --" She put her finger over his mouth to tell him not to talk.

"It's gonna be okay Darien. You got to me just in time. You were hit by a car. You have some internal bleeding, and a really nasty gash on your side. They're gonna do some surgery on you in a little while to stop the bleeding." Her voice was soft and calming. He didn't want her to leave.

Serena smiled as she tucked a stray strand of hair behind his ear, and caressed his face, "You're gonna be just fine."

His side stung, but he barely noticed. All he could do was stare at her beautiful eyes, "I love you." He whispered truthfully.

"I know Darien, I love you too." She held his hands and kissed his cheek.

Darien could see Andrew's blurry figure in the doorway. "How is he?" His voiced sounded deeply concerned.

"He's awake." Serena was positive.

Andrew walked over to him, "You lucky bastard," He laughed, "You saved a little girl you know that? She ran to get help after the car drove away, and when she came back with her mom you were gone. What a way to maim yourself!" Andy joked. Serena rolled her eyes, "I'd give you a high five, but I don't want to do anymore damage."

Darien attempted to laugh, which caused him to cough, and suddenly realize how much his side hurt. He convulsed in pain.

Serena was frantic, "Andy, look what you did!" Serena comforted Darien by brushing her hand through his hair, and he was sure she hadn't let go of his hand since he fell into her arms at her apartment.

Everything that he had been feeling about Serena and Seth seemed to melt away, because she was here, and she made him feel like he was the only thing in the world that mattered to her. Serena made Darien feel special. There was something about the way that she looked at him. Something had changed.

Just by seeing her gentle smile, and innocent eyes, his pain disappeared. Darien wouldn't have cared if the doctors told him he was dying. As long as the last thing he saw was Serena in his arms, his life would be complete.

*And now I know that I/

Have left the past behind; I'll let it go/

You could tell me tonight/

That maybe the world would end/

That the sun wouldn't rise/

Or it was gonna rain again/

Just as long as she's in my arms/

It's gonna be a perfect day*

Darien woke up hours after the surgery still groggy from the anesthesia. But he smiled despite the pain. His angel was lying next to him in the hospital bed asleep. Her hand still held his firmly. It was dark out. He looked up. The clock on the VCR read 3:52 a.m. He took a deep breath and pulled her closer to him.

When he awoke later the sun was shining brightly through his window as was Serena and her smile. She squeezed his hand lightly.

"Are you feeling better?" She spoke softly. Darien nodded. "Good, the nurse told me you might get some real food today." Serena laughed, "I know hospital food sucks, but it's better than nothing. And the doctor said the surgery was a complete success, and I'll get to take you home tomorrow if you do okay with the food today."

Darien frowned, if he went home tomorrow, he wouldn't be able to see Serena, he had to milk this as long as possible. She dispersed his fear.

"And after I take you home, I won't leave your side until you are a hundred and ten percent better!" He smiled again, much to Serena's delight.

"Ice cream." His voice cracked.

Serena moved closer to him, "What?" She questioned sweetly.

"If you'll be staying . . ." He paused to take a breath, "I'll need more ice cream."

Serena laughed, "Yes, you'll need lots of ice cream. I'll stay with you as long as you need me." Her free hand began caressing his face again. Her facial expression changed. "Darien, I'm so sorry."

"For what?" He spoke quietly.

"It shouldn't take a near death experience for me to realize that I have been the worst friend to you."

Darien turned his head, "Serena, you have a boyfriend, he needs your time too." Darien couldn't believe that he was backing up Seth.

"That's no excuse." Serena was clearly angry at herself, "Darien, I don't know what I would have done if something worse had happened to you last night. I would never have been able to forgive myself."

"Well, I'm here, and thanks to you I'll be as good as new in a while." Darien hated that she always blamed herself for everything. "Is Seth gonna have a problem with you helping me recover?"

"I dunno, I'll have to ask him." Serena's eyes shot open like she had just realized something.

"What's wrong?" Darien was concerned.

"Oh shit." Serena covered her mouth with her free hand; she looked at Darien, "I was supposed to meet him last night. I left my cell at home. Oh god, he must be hysterical."

Andrew sauntered in, "Yeah, he was pretty freaked out, luckily he called me this morning before he called the police."

Serena let out a sigh of relief, "Was he mad? What did he say?" She was hesitant.

"I don't think he was mad, he seemed more disappointed, but he was just glad that you're okay. And he said he was glad you're okay too Darien."

"I feel horrible." Serena was upset, "I never even thought about it, I can't believe I didn't call him." Darien smiled, he knew it was mean, but he was glad he was her priority. It had been the first time in a while.

And even after she talked to Andy about it for a while, she still didn't leave Darien to call him, and did not tell Andrew to have Seth come see her. It made Darien happy when he though that at least for a day or two, he was more important than Seth. He was winning . . . . .

*There's a look in her eyes/

It makes me feel alright/

It lights the perfect sky/

That I couldn't see before/

That she helped me to find/

Now that I've seen her shine/

I know that I'll never be alone*

Serena supported Darien on his bad side; she unlocked his apartment and helped him get inside. "Do you want to lay in your bed, or the couch?"

"I suppose the bed would be more comfortable." Darien decided. Serena nodded in agreement. Darien smiled inwardly, she hadn't left his side in the past three days, and she hadn't talked to Seth either. He never thought that getting hit by a car would have such benefits.

His face was littered across every paper in the country, with headlines that ready: `Exec saves child,' and `The CEO Savior.'

Serena fluffed his pillows, then tucked him in, she handed him the TV remote, "I'm gonna go take a shower, call me if you need me."

"Do you have clothes to change into?" Darien inquired.

"Yeah, I had Andrew drop off some stuff before we got here." She rubbed his hand with hers, "Are you gonna be okay by yourself?"

"I'll be fine." Serena reluctantly let Darien's hand slide out of hers as she made her way to his bathroom.

Darien sighed; he knew he couldn't keep her forever, but he would do whatever he could to hold on to her for as long as possible.

Darien was startled as Serena's cell phone began to ring on his night stand. Darien picked it up, "Hello?"

There was a pause, "Darien?" Seth was on the other end.

"She's in the shower, do you want to leave her a message?" Darien asked politely.

Seth seemed a bit surprised to hear that she was in Darien's shower. Darien scoffed at Seth's jealousy, "Umm, just tell her I called, and I just want to talk to her," Seth was disappointed.

"Will do, have a good day."

"Yeah, feel better, talk to you later." Seth hung up; Darien smirked.

Serena returned a while later with wet hair, and the scent of strawberry surrounding her. Darien was in ecstasy.

He delivered Seth's message, and to his surprise Serena merely shrugged and replied, "Okay, I might call him later."

`Might,' Darien thought, `She's mine.'

Darien's phone interrupted his glory. Serena exited to pick up the line in the kitchen, Darien listened intently. She had left his door open a crack.

"Hey Andy." Serena sat down at Darien's breakfast bar.

"How's he doing?" Andrew was checking in.

"Amazing. The doctor told me yesterday that he'd never seen somebody recover so quickly." Serena was pleased.

"And how are you doing?" Andrew seemed worried.

"Fine, why?" Serena wasn't sure why Andrew had taken such a tone.

"Seth's called me a few times. I don't think he's being possessive, but he was really concerned when you didn't show up Friday night, and I think he's confused as to why you didn't seem to care."

"Of course I cared Andy, but Seth has to understand that right now Darien's well being is more important to me than sleeping with him - I, umm, mean - that is --." Serena cursed under her breath.

Darien had mixed emotions. Of course he was happy he had prevented her from getting closer to him, but he was upset that she would have even considered it.

"It was our one month anniversary. He just asked me to spend the night, that's all." She clarified.

"Serena your feelings for him seem to have changed over the past few days."

"I finally realized that my friends are more important than a boyfriend. I have learned from my mistakes. When Ben made me choose, I chose wrong, and I hurt Darien more than I'll ever know. It just makes me so mad that it took him getting hurt for me to see that I was falling into the same trap as before. Darien means everything to me."

"Serena, don't get mad at me, but are you falling in love with Darien?"

She seemed shocked at this question, "Love?" She repeated, "I have to go Andy, I need to make Darien dinner."

Andrew rolled his eyes, "Think about it." He commented, "I'll drop by tomorrow, talk to you later."

"Bye Andy," Serena hung up the phone. She didn't move from her seat for a while, she had never thought of Darien in that way . . . until now. But she had Seth, she was sure he was in love with her. And Serena thought she might have felt the same way. She wasn't sure anymore. But she thought if she was able to see Seth, and talk to him that maybe she'd know what to do.

Darien smiled; she said he meant everything to her. She had made her choice, and it was the right one this time.

*Cuz now I know that I/

Have love I can't deny/

It's gonna be a perfect day*

Darien ran his fingers though her long silky hair. She had fallen asleep next to him. He ignored the pain in his side as he pulled the covers over her and held her close. She had hardly argued as she snuggled deeper into his embrace.

He couldn't help but think that she felt so right in his arms. She fit perfectly. He watched her body rise and fall with every breath she took. He smiled when he felt their heartbeats in unison. Darien though that he was always meant to be with her.

He looked down at Serena, her eyes slowly opened and met his. Darien had only just realized how close they were. Ever so slowly Serena moved closer to him. Darien was in a state of shock as their lips met. Their kiss was soft and gentle, but hid no passion. Just as slowly as she had approached him she drew away. She let her head rest on his chest and closed her eyes once more.

Darien was sure he had just had the most wonderful dream, but it had felt so real. He could still taste her cherry lip gloss. No, it was no dream. Serena had just kissed him.

Darien couldn't sleep. He needed to taste her again, and again, and again . . . . .

*I think I lost you in another life/

A part of me that I left behind/

I won't go up without you/

And now I know that I/

Have put the past behind; I'll let it go/

It's gonna be a perfect day*

******

AN: Perfect Day ©2003 Clay Aiken and all respective owners. And you thought the cliff hanger in the last chapter was bad. What can I say, I'm evil. I'm not gonna put my thanks in this chapter just cuz I'm updating so fast. I'll put them in the next chapter, which should be out on Friday. And I'm still interested in your opinions on the `semi-song fic' format/style.

Preview: Chapter VII. Measure Of A Man -----

Does Serena remember what happened? If so, will she decide to tell Seth? Find out in the next exciting chapter of Love Is Blind. [By the way, how was your laser surgery?]