Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Love Is Blind ❯ Run To Me ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Love Is Blind

Chapter VIII. Run To Me

By: Sailor Angie

AN: After reading so many positive reviews, I just can't believe how many people are getting into this story. I'm so happy. The beginning of this chapter might stretch the PG-13 rating, so I apologize in advance. I tried changing the format upon request, but I didn't like the way it looked, so I kept it the same. Once again in your reviews, please tell me what you want done with Ben; we're fast approaching the conclusion. Enjoy!

********

Serena was glad she had taken her car to work. As soon as she and Seth exited the building it began to rain. Luckily they hadn't gotten too wet before they found her car and got in.

Not much was said on the way to Serena's penthouse. Seth seemed eerily calm.

Serena held his hand as they entered her apartment. It was early in the morning, but Serena wasn't tired. Seth just watched her.

"I don't feel like sleeping." Serena sat down on her sofa.

"Me either." Seth occupied the spot next to her. He handed her the TV remote, she took it, but only set it on the coffee table.

"I think I'd rather listen to music. TV requires too much thinking." Serena took the stereo remote and pressed play. Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata gently flowed through the speakers.

Serena moved closer to Seth, their eyes met for a moment before she advanced him. Seth took Serena's face in his hands as he explored her mouth. She positioned herself on top of him and let his hands roam under her shirt. She was now completely straddling him. Serena began to tug at Seth's shirt between her small wet kissed on his jaw bone. She lifted his shirt over his head and tossed it on the ground.

Seth felt hungry for her taste and held her close as she assaulted his senses. Seth began to unbutton her shirt. He kissed her neck, and through her now heavy breathing heard her whisper, "Oh, Darien . . . . ."

Seth stopped immediately. Serena hadn't realized she said his name; Seth was glad. She seemed startled when he pushed her off him, and searched for his shirt to put it back on.

"Seth?" Her eyes darted back and forth in confusion, "What's wrong? I though this is what you wanted?"

He pulled his shirt over his head, "I thought so too. But this doesn't feel right at all. I'm sorry Serena." He pulled his jacket over his shoulders and hastily made his exit.

Serena peered out her window and looked down at the street. She watched him pull this jacket over his head to avoid getting wet, and hail a taxi. She felt so guilty; she knew she was using him to feel better, but how had he known?

*Don't, you don't have to save my life/

No, you're not ready I can feel it/

Outside it's raining, but I'll just go home/

Someday your heart will just let him go*

Serena sat in her office staring out the window. She felt like her life was crumbling down around her and she was paralyzed to stop it.

Andrew entered her office without Serena noticing. He clasped his hands over her eyes, "Guess who!?"

"What do you need Andy?" Serena said in monotone.

"You're no fun Serena. I wanted to see how you were doing." He sat down on the edge of her desk.

"Under the weather." Serena gazed out her window again at the bleak sky and rain droplets that had accumulated on her window.

"I see." Andrew's response was generic, "How's Seth?" Serena flinched, he had struck a chord.

"Fine." She swallowed, still not facing Andrew.

"I see." He repeated. "Well, when you want to talk come see me."

"I don't need to talk about anything." She spun around.

"Okay, well then I'll just see you later." Andrew knew she was lying. Serena faced the window again, and Andrew silently left. A few moments later there was a knock on her door.

"You didn't knock before Andy." Serena spoke loudly.

"It's not Andy."

Serena turned around and faced Seth. For a while she only stared at him, she was speechless, she didn't know what to say. She knew he was hurting. She decided to take a change. "What happened last night Seth?" She took a deep breath, trying to steady herself for the blow.

"It didn't feel right. I felt like I was taking advantage of you. You were obviously vulnerable, and it was wrong." He shook his head, "It was wrong."

"How can I make it right?" Serena stood up. Seth could see the tears forming in her eyes.

"Don't take this the wrong way Serena, and I hate to be sophomoric about it, but I think we should take a break."

"A break?" The pain on her face was clear. "I think we both have some things we need to deal with alone." Seth couldn't believe he was in her office letting these words escape him.

"Seth, do you hate me?" Her tears began to fall down her cheeks.

"NO, no Serena." He hugged her, "I could never hate you, not ever. I just think this might be the best for both of us right now."

"I don't understand what I did." She cried into his chest.

Seth could see how hard this was for her, he decided to make something up to appease her, "Ben." He thought quickly.

She broke from his chest, "What about Ben?" She looked up at him.

"You told me you went slower with Ben," Seth lied, "I think we should go slower." He convinced.

"Seth, you're not Ben. I don't need to go slower." She was confused.

"I need to go slower." Seth stated.

"That doesn't mean we need to take a break." Serena still held his gaze.

"I think we need a break." He said clearly.

"Okay." Serena agreed; she had no other choice.

*Hush, you don't have to say a word/

Trust, I'm not gonna hate you for it/

Feels like my touch only brings back the pain/

Someday those memories will fade away*

Serena slid down the wall next to Seth's suite door. She hadn't spoken to him in a week. She had called several times, and tried to catch him in the studio and all his other haunts. But he was no where to be found.

She didn't know what she would say when she saw him, but she knew that she needed to talk to him.

Seth knew she was outside; she had banged on the door for some time, and even though it was quite, he knew she was out there. He had decided what he needed to do, he just couldn't bring himself to do it.

He slowly made his way over to the door. He hesitated, but opened it. She peered up at him. Seth helped her get up and allowed her inside.

Neither sat, they only stood facing each other. Each one challenging the other to speak up first. Seth gave in.

"I'm sorry I've been avoiding you." She didn't respond, "Serena, I don't think we should be together anymore." He regretted every syllable.

She still stared at him, but tears began to burn her cheeks. "Why?" She whispered.

"Because Serena." He approached her, "I don't think either of us is in the right place in our lives where we can share a relationship." The look on her face hurt Seth so deeply, "I still love you very much Serena, but I can't love you the way you need someone to. I'm not right for you."

She still said nothing. Seth embraced her as she sobbed. He wanted to cry too, but knew he had to be strong for her. He wanted Serena to love him as much as he loved her, but knew she never could. If she only knew how hard it was for him to let her go . . .

*How can I be brave enough to say goodbye/

I die inside without you/

Ohhhhh, can't you see/

It's hard enough to walk away*

Seth shut the door. He had finally coaxed Serena into going home. He collapsed on his couch, wondering what had possessed him to give up the best thing in his life. He looked over to his coffee table and spotted his notebook; he began writing.

His words flowed freely onto the paper. The first lyrics were about a girl that was so beautiful and innocent that even when she broke hearts the men that had fallen for her couldn't hate her. The second was about a man who gave up everything for a woman he loved, even though she didn't love him back. And the last was about a man who broke up with a girl he loved because he knew they weren't right for each other.

The pain wouldn't go away. No matter what Seth did, he couldn't get her out of his head. He only hoped that he had done the right thing, and that she would realize his sacrifice. Regardless of how much she had hurt him, he still did love her, and knew that she was one of the few people left in the world that had a good heart; he wouldn't forget that, and he certainly couldn't forget her.

*So look at me/

Make me wrong/

See through this/

And make me strong*

Serena stared at the TV. It wasn't on. She felt nothing. She only felt empty. Here whole body was numb. She could barely breathe. She felt so alone. She felt as though she had the wind knocked out of her. She had not where to go.

She had long since stopped crying. She had no strength left in her to cry. Serena had considered calling Andrew or Darien, but knew there was nothing either of them could do to make it better. Besides, Darien had a new woman in his life, and Serena didn't want to interrupt him. And Andrew, of course she could call him, but she didn't want to get him involved; she wanted to hand this on her own.

Serena was sick of being weak and depending on other people, especial Andrew and Darien. She knew she had to stop running to them eventually. She still had this urge to call either one and confess everything, and beg them to make it better for her. But Serena wondered what they could possibly do to make it better. She knew the answer . . . nothing.

*As soon as you get that feeling/

You can start to live again/

Ohhhhh, as soon as the worst is over/

You can make it all make sense*

"Seth's gone."

"Whatta ya mean Seth's gone!?" Serena screamed at his band's manager.

"He got an offer to do some promotional touring in Europe a while ago. He wasn't gonna go, but he changed his mind last minute. But he left me a letter to give to you. I'm in the studio if you wanna pick it up."

"Fine." Serena hung up the phone and marched down to the studio, then back up to her office.

"What is it with letters dammit." She tore open the envelope and threw it behind her as she raced to read what he had written:

My dearest Serena,

Honey, I know I haven't spoken t you in a couple of weeks, and I'm sorry I couldn't tell you about how I was leaving, but we both know you would have never let me go. Of course Europe is a bit extreme, but I needed to go far enough away that I needn't worry about you being around the next corner and having to look into your beautiful eyes and deny you again.

The thing is Serena, it would never work between you and I. I love you so deeply, and I always will, but your heart cannot belong to me, because it belongs to someone else. I can't help but be jealous, but I only want you to be happy, and it's quite obvious to me that you are happy with him. I just want you to know that if he ever hurts you; if you ever need someone to talk to; if you ever change your mind, I will always be here.

I have not ill feelings for you Serena, so have no fear that I will always be here when you need me. I wish you the best of luck with Darien.

Love always, Seth

"DARIEN!?" She screamed in frustration, "Darien doesn't love me; he loves Raye. Oh god, now what?" Serena didn't know where to turn.

*Right now I/

Can't give you what you need/

Soon as you get that feeling/

Run to me*

********

AN: Run To Me ©2003 Clay Aiken and all respective owners. Whew, I'm sorry I got this out Monday afternoon as opposed to earlier, I got sick and had to go home, and I didn't have my computer to type on. I have a proposition for you, and don't mistake this for a quota, okay. But I'm dancing around 100 reviews, and if I get to 100 before Friday (normal post) I will put up a bonus chapter. Is that okay? So regardless, there will be a chapter on Friday, so I don't think that's a quota, just incentive right! Okay, so my thanks, sorry these aren't as long as before, but I'm in a hurry to put this out for y'all:

Samsonite, arkangelfirl, Sorceress Usagi, Nell, TouchstoneoftheCharter, seiyaferret, Ami Mizuno 1, Cristal-moon, Weirdo's Rule, The Couples Writer, aurora, MoonGoddessLuna, Mistress Moon, Namiko-Daughter of Sekhmet, Crystal Promise, I know some of you expressed your sympathy for Seth, and I bet you feel it even more after this one, but what awaits Serena. And ya know, maybe Darien does have feelings for Raye. Who knows! Keep readin' and reviewin'!

DarkTenshi23, Lebbie, ThatsMsDiva2U, thanks for supporting me as much as you have. And please let me know what you would like to see happen with Ben.

********

Preview: Chapter IX. The Way -----

Every good story has to have some kind of ultra-cliché chapter, where you love it, but you roll your eyes any way. Well that's the next chapter. Although over done, I promise to provide many insights, and despite the `angsty' chapter 8, plenty of laughs. That's all, I wanna keep you hanging.