Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Love Is Blind ❯ The Way ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Love Is Blind

Chapter IX. The Way

By: Sailor Angie

AN: OMIGOD, didn't you so gasp when she whispered Darien's name in Chap. 8! Well once again, I'm gonna give the disclaimer that this is an ultra-cliché chapter, and I'm sorry, but there were only so many options, and I figured this was the lesser of however many evils. I tried to be funny though. I hope it works. Ah well, Enjoy.

*********

"In love with Raye? Who told you that?" Serena spun around. Andrew stood in the doorway laughing.

"What?" Serena was confused.

"Darien's not in love with Raye, they went to the same high school."

"Then who was he talking about?" Serna wondered aloud.

"What the hell are you talking about Serena?" Andrew was never gonna figure this girl out.

"Nothing." Serena bit her tongue.

Andrew rolled his eyes, "You must take me for an idiot." He stopped Serena in her tracks, "You think I have no idea what's going on." Serena's eyes followed him as he lounged on the sofa in her office. "I know everything that's been happening." He laughed inwardly at the shocked look on Serena's face. He decided he would enlighten her with his knowledge, "For instance, I know you and Seth have broken up, and I know the reason why is because Seth thought you were in love with Darien. Now why would he think that?" Andrew paused, Serena squeaked, "Because you kissed Darien." Serena's mouth fell open, "And you told Seth you regretted it, but we both know you don't. In fact, it was the best kiss you've ever had, wasn't it?" Andrew smiled at her, "Wasn't it."

Serena threw her arms down and stormed out of her office. Andrew, luckily didn't follow her to the elevator.

Serena pressed the button for the lobby, the elevator began to move, then suddenly jerked to a halt.

"What did you do?" A voice came from behind her. Serena had been so frustrated, and so in a hurry to get away from Andrew before she was forced to explain what had been going on in her life that she hadn't even noticed that anyone was in the elevator when she got in.

Slowly Serena turned around, and stared into familiar blue eyes. "This is just the icing on the cake." She shook her head.

"It's nice to see you too Serena." Darien folded his arms.

Serena outstretched her hand, "Gimme your cell."

He looked at her and laughed, "I'm just going between floors, why would I have my cell phone with me? Why don't you use yours?" He responded sweetly.

"Would I have asked you for your cell phone if I had mine?" Serena's patience was shortening my the minute.

"Don't get testy with me." He glared at her, "We'll just have to try the emergency phone." He pointed to the red phone concealed behind glass case. He giggled the handle and the door came open. He picked up the phone and frowned, "It's dead."

"Whatta ya mean it's dead!?" Serena grabbed the phone from his hand and when she didn't hear a dial tone began pressing every button in the elevator, hoping it would trigger something.

"I don't think that's gonna help." Darien scolded.

"SHUT UP!" Serena fumed, and collapsed to the floor, "This sucks." She pouted.

"Why?" Darien seemed hurt.

Serena looked up at him, at his eyes. She felt horrible, "It would be so much easier if you could just hate me." She mumbled.

"Why on earth would I hate you?" Darien was puzzled.

"I haven't spoken to you in two weeks." She stated.

"You've been busy; we all get busy sometimes. I understand." He smiled softly. "Besides, Andy said you and Seth were having some problems, so I figured when you were ready to talk you'd find me."

"Andy said." She shot daggers, "How much did Andy say? Everything, the kiss, Raye, the break up. Did he miss anything?" She threw her arms up in disgust, "How long are we gonna be stuck in here?!"

"Serena . . ." Darien eyed her, "Andy didn't tell me anything, just to keep my distance. Calm down, somebody will eventually notice the elevator isn't working. Kiss? Raye? Break-up?" Darien sat down next to her and put his arm around her, "Why don't you tell me everything. I've got all the time in the world."

She laid her head on his shoulder, "I should have talked to you a long time ago. But I foolishly thought I could handle it by myself." She sighed, "I guess I have to start from the beginning."

"That would be helpful." Darien rubbed her arm.

"You knew that I kissed you that night didn't you?" Serena stared forward.

"Yes." Darien replied, "I wasn't sure if you remembered, so I didn't say anything." Darien couldn't take his eyes off her, so she had kissed him purposely; he remembered how good she tasted, how soft her lips were, and how good she felt in his arms.

"All hell broke loose when I decided I needed to tell Seth about it . . ."

*There's something `bout the way you look tonight/

There's something `bout the way/

I can't take my eyes off you/

There's something `bout the way your lips invite*

"Serena honey, I had no idea." Darien hugged Serena after she had finished relaying her story. "Why didn't you come to me?"

"I dunno, I guess I was sick of bothering you with my trivial problems."

"Your problems are not trivial, and what kind of friend would I be if it bothered me to save you when you need rescuing?"

"The kind of friend that I am I guess."

"Serena." Darien rolled his eyes.

Although Serena had confessed everything, both were still avoiding many key issues. Neither would approach the topics, knowing that if they did, it would be a long uncomfortable wait for someone to find them and get them out.

Darien, for the first time in his life was nervous. He wasn't sure exactly why, but for some reason he found it absolutely nerve-wracking to be in such close quarters with her, dancing around the idea that they both harbored feelings for the other.

Darien looked into Serena's eyes, "I can't take this anymore." He pulled her closer until their lips locked. He kissed her with such passion for what seemed like an eternity.

"Darien?"

Darien's eyes shot open. `Dammit, only my imagination.' He cursed, "Yes Serena."

"What time is it?" She stood up to stretch.

"Eleven." He sighed.

"We've been in here for four hours?" She sat down again, "All the janitors have left already, nobody's gonna find us until tomorrow." She whined.

"There must be something we can do to pass the time more efficiently." Darien tried to think.

*Maybe it's the way/

That I get nervous when you're around/

And I want you to be mine/

And if you need a reason why . . .*

"Food."

"Spaghetti."

"MEATBALL HEAD!" Darien pointed at her. They had been playing a word association game.

"You are such a jerk." She hit his arm. "I'm not playing this game anymore." She pouted.

"Aww, c'mon Serena." Darien chuckled.

"Fine, what game do you want to play?"

"I don't want to play anymore games. I'm tired." She brought her knees to her face.

"How `bout charades?"

"I'm gonna kick your ass!" Serena got up.

Darien laughed, Serena held her hand together and opened them up, "Book title." Serena nodded, and put up two fingers. "Two words," She nodded again. She crouched down, drew her arms into her sides and began stomping around the small space, Darien squinted his eyes, "What the hell is that supposed to be?"

"Jurassic Park you moron, I was a dinosaur!." She yelled in disgust. Darien rolled around on the floor laughing. "It wasn't that funny, let's see you do better." She challenged.

"Okay." Darien stood up, "Gimme a sec to thin of a good one." He passed, "Okay, got it."

Darien moved his hand in a circular motion, "Movie!" Serena shouted. Darien repeated Serena's first gesture by opening his hand, "And a book!" She yelled. Darien laughed, wondering who she was competing with, and held up two fingers. "TWO WORDS!" She shouted. Darien couldn't believe she was getting so into it. Darien began galloping around the elevator. "The Horse Whisperer, Runaway Bride, Princess Bride, ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW!" Serena exclaimed as she pointed at him.

Darien stopped, "How the hell do you get Rocky Horror Picture show outta that?" Darien laughed.

Serena shrugged, "Well, I give up, what was it?"

"Harry Potter." Darien shook his head.

"Aww man, you were riding a broom!" Serena hollered, "I shoulda got that one." She scolded herself, "I'm tired for real this time." Serena yawned.

"You're in luck, I'm a great pillow!" Darien proclaimed, Serena smiled at him.

Darien sat down in the corner with his legs outstretched. Serena laid down in his lap and closed her eyes. "How can you make me forget about all the bad stuff Darien?" She whispered.

He combed his fingers through her hair, "I dunno, but I'm glad I do." He sat there for a moment. "Hey Serena?" He spoke quietly.

"Hmm." She responded.

"Do you regret kissing me?" He dared.

"No, you're a really good kisser." She giggled softly. "Who were you talking about in Andy's office?" She mumbled close to sleep.

"You." He blinked.

"Oh, that's good." She muttered almost inaudibly.

Darien smiled, she made him so happy.

*It's in the way that you move me/

And the way you tease me/

The way that I want you tonight/

It's in the way that you hold me/

And the way you know me/

When you can't find the right words to say/

You feel it in the way*

Eventually Darien drifted off into sleep, where he dreamt of nothing but the angel that he held so close in his arms. He could never get Serena out of his head. But he liked it that way. She was pleasant to think about.

Serena's eyes blurred, the light was so bright. She momentarily forgot where she was, but remembered when she looked up to see Darien sleeping next to her. `He's so handsome, and so wonderful,' she thought.

He moved slightly, and a single word softly escaped his perfect lips, "Serena . . ." Serena blushed. His watch faced her; it was 5 a.m. She slowly propped herself up and gently kissed his lips. She could have sworn that she saw a smile flicker as she retracted.

*There's something `bout/

How you stay on my mind/

There's something `bout the way/

That I whisper your name when I'm asleep*

Darien's eyes opened, he smiled, she had kissed him again last night. He wondered whether he should mention it or not. He turned his wrist to look at his watch. 9 a.m. `It should only be a matter of time.' He thought to himself.

Serena stirred in his arms. He looked down and met her beautiful eyes. "Good morning Serena." He leaned down and gently kissed her forehead.

Serena smiled, Darien's heart melted. He was so in love with her. With every little thing about her. From the ways she wrinkled her nose when he would eat mushrooms, to the way she would make him come over to her apartment to kill spiders, to the way she held him so close when it thunder stormed, to the wonderful way her mouth tasted.

*Oh no, maybe it's the look you get in your eyes/

Oh baby it's the way that makes me feel to see you smile/

And the reasons they may change/

But what I'm feeling stays the same*

"Darien, what's gonna happen when we get out of here?" Serena brought Darien back to reality.

"What do you want to happen?" Darien turned the tables on her.

She twisted her answer, "I think I'm gonna go get some coffee." She grinned.

Darien agreed, "And food."

"Spaghetti?" Serena questioned.

"Naw, I've had enough. After all, I did get to spend the night with my favorite meatball head." He waited for her reaction.

"Favorite?" She played along, "I'm your only meatball head." They laughed together.

They continued to laugh, but were interrupted by the elevator shuddering, then beginning a controlled descent.

Serena and Darien looked at each other. It was over. Neither decided to breech the tension.

The doors slid open. Serena and Darien faced Andrew and several firefighters.

Andy chuckled, "Did you have a good night?"

Serena punched his arm, "I'm starving. C'mon Darien. Race ya to Starbucks!"

"You're on!" Darien chased after her. He would chase after her forever.

*I can't put my finger on just what it is/

That makes me love you, you baby/

So don't ask me to describe/

I get all choked up inside/

Just thinking `bout the way*

********

AN: The Way ©2003 Clay Aiken and all respective owners. See, was it that bad? Okay, okay, no more ultra-cliché chapters, I promise. But it was either a closet or an elevator, and I was like an elevator is so much more plausible. The elevator at my work breaks all the time, and people are always stuck. Wow though, you guys pushed the limit! 110 reviews, I'm freaking out. I'm sorry I didn't get this out sooner, but when I checked this morning I only had 96, and when I got back from class I was amazed. I think you'll all be happy with this chapter. But you guys there are only three left. Although I've already started another Darien Serena fic that is just as good if not better than this one! As always, my thanks:

Silver Moonlight-81, Idril of Dorthonion, emmastarz, Raye, Usagi Usako Chiba, hehe, AMI MISUNO 1, Crystal Promise Namiko-Daughter of Sekhmet, Isis 58, I hope I updated this soon enough, remember another chapter will be out on Friday, and thanks for your reviews, you all mean the world to me!

UsAgI-ChAn206, Lara1786 I'm glad you feel Seth's pain, now you understand why I like his character, because he has enough guts to give up the best thing in his life for her benefit alone. I may not be sure what I'm gonna do with Ben, but Seth will be back from Europe before the fic's done with!

Kagome, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Arkangelgirl, you're onto me!

Silver Mo, my proof readers agree with you, lol, thanks for your input!

Moon-Princess13, interesting spin on Ben coming back, I really like it, a lot, yeah. . .

Mistress Moon, ThatsMsDiva2U, I love messing with you guys!

*********

Preview: Chapter X. This Is The Night -----

When Darien confesses something to Serena, will they both regret what he had to say? You guys! There's only 3 Chapters left! I'm freaking out!