Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Love Is Blind ❯ When You Say You Love Me ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Love Is Blind

Chapter XI. When You Say You Love Me

By: Sailor Angie

AN: I can make a million excuses as to why this was not up on Friday as promised. But the truth is that even though I had it typed up, when I went home for Thanksgiving break, my computer would not connect to the internet. There was nothing I could do, so I'm posting this as soon as possible, and I apologize. I'm gonna cry when this is over, I've had such a nice journey with you all. You've all been so supportive, and reviewed me, and my friends think I'm crazy for writing fan fiction, but your reviews make it all worth it. Oh, I need a tissue. I'm sorry you had to wait a whole week for this, but I think you'll be happy. And remember, Chapter 12 WILL be out next Friday, 12/5. Happy reading! *tear*

***********

"So Serena drags this stray cat over to my house, and of course we're having the best time playing with it, until my housekeeper spots us. After she finally shoos it away, she's horrified to discover that we both had fleas." The crowd around Serena and Andrew erupted in laughter.

Serena laughed with them, momentarily forgetting her trepidation. "Oh Andy, tell them about the flowers next!" Serena suggested.

Andrew laughed and began to tell the anecdote, while Serena scanned the masses for a certain raven haired man she needed to speak with. She made her way around the bar and though she spoke with quite a few people, she remembered nothing that they had said. She would be unable to focus until she found Darien.

Darien had found her an hour ago, and was content watching her smile and entertain those around her. She was a sight to behold. She had opted not to wear a dress tonight which surprised Darien a bit, except that she was wearing his favorite outfit. Tight fitting designer jeans and a pink t-shirt he had given her for her birthday two years ago. He wondered if she had put it on subconsciously, or on purpose.

He laughed, although she spoke with many people, her eyes searched the room. He knew she was looking for him. He glanced away from her for a moment and when he looked back; her eyes were locked with his.

*I've been watching you from afar/

And the way you make your way around the bar/

You laugh like you're really entertained/

And you smile like it's your favorite game/

Now you're moving closer to me/

And our eyes connect emotionally*

Serena excused herself from the conversation she was holding and made her way over to the table Darien was at. She sat across from him.

"I missed you." She began.

"Really?" Darien raised an eyebrow.

"You didn't tell me you were leaving to go to some spa retreat for a few days." She skirted around the issue.

"I was only gone for three days; you've been without me for longer without caring." He silently questioned her.

"Just take me with you next time. I can always use a break from this industry."

Darien didn't really pay attention to their conversation, but instead he couldn't stop watching her lips move. He was sure that if he looked at her mouth for too long he would catch her off guard by grabbing her right then and there and kissing her so deeply that she wouldn't know what was happening.

He thought of how jealous he had been just moments ago; with every word she exchanged with another man. He wanted to claim her as his own. He had no intention of sharing her with anybody else.

She grabbed his attention, "Well, I suppose that's enough small talk for now." Darien's eyes met hers. For the first time since she'd met him, she sensed fear in them.

*I'm not looking for a one night stand/

Or a place for a broken heart to mend/

I know everybody here wants to hold ya/

I know what it's like/

Cuz I feel the same/

When you look in my eyes/

There's a part of me that still afraid*

"I got your message." Serena leaned back in her chair and crossed her legs.

"I guess I owe you an apology for everything." Darien's brow furrowed.

"For what?" Serena was amused.

"I feel like I'm taking advantage of you Serena. It hasn't been that long since you broke up with Seth. I had all these plans, but the timing is so off."

"Plans?" She questioned.

"The night you met Seth, I came over to your apartment to tell you what I told you last weekend. But when I got there, it was too late. You were in Seth's arms. He was kissing you. I had lost my chance."

Serena was horrified, "You were there that night? I feel like such an idiot, and then I didn't tell you, and I made excuses. You must think I'm the worst person in the world." Serena reached out her hand and grabbed his.

He managed a smile, "I just had to give it time."

"I'm so glad you did." Darien looked at her. He didn't know what that was supposed to mean.

*They say if you want to make god laugh/

Then all you gotta do is tell him your plans/

I know that the timing's not right/

Didn't know I would meet you tonight/

It's not that I don't really like the attention/

I feel like the only man in the room/

Are you really sincere?/

Or is this just something that you do?*

"Remember in the elevator," Serena let out a snicker remembering their game of charades, "When I told you about how I over heard you talking with Andy, and I thought you were in love with Raye?" Darien nodded, "Well, I didn't tell you what happened after that. I only just remembered everything while you were gone."

"Whatta ya mean what happened after that?" Darien was confused.

"When I was leaving the building I ran into Seth . . . I asked him to take me home, and when we got there, I asked him to . . ." She swallowed.

"To what?" Darien pressed.

"To stay the night." She concluded.

"So you had sex with him?" The thought of another man touching Serena in the way that he so wanted to made him go numb.

"Not exactly." Serena looked at the floor.

"What happened then?" Darien didn't understand why she was telling him this.

"I didn't realize how upset I was. But when I thought of you with a girl, I just -I couldn't think strait. I wanted to feel better. I thought Seth would make me feel better. I advanced him, and we began, but suddenly, before all the clothes were off he stopped." Darien was hanging on her every word, "He was extremely flustered, I had no idea why. He said it didn't feel right; he put his clothes back on and left. After listening to your message I realized what I'd done."

"What did you do?" Darien followed her story.

Serena took a deep breath, "When he was kissing me," She paused in reverie, "I said your name." She met his eyes.

Darien's mouth opened in shock.

*Again and again and again/

I would hurt, my friend, until the end/

You know I've been high, I've been low/

I got no place to go/

Again and again and again/

When will this search ever end?*

"Did you mean what you said on my answering machine?" She questioned.

"Which part?" Darien wanted to make her work for it.

She rolled her eyes recognizing the game he was playing, "The whole part."

"Of course I did." Darien stopped and looked around, "Do you think we could talk about this in a more private place?" Darien got up and took Serena's hand.

"I guess." He led her outside. "Where are we going?"

"Your office." Darien led her down the street.

"I don't have my keys with me." She stated.

"I don't either. We'll just go to Andy's; he never locks his door." They took the stairs. He opened the door to Andy's office, and turned on the light. Serena sat comfortably on his couch. Darien sat down next to her. "I meant every single word I said. I know you feel something. I know you do."

*And when you say you love me/

Do you mean it?/

Baby when you hold me/

Do you feel it?*

"Do you want to know the truth Darien?" Serena was hesitant.

"Always." Darien still held her hand in his.

"I'm scared to tell you how I feel. Because once I say it, I can't take it back."

"You don't have to say anything Serena." Darien comforted.

"It's just that every time I look into your eyes, you put me at ease. And I've never felt so comfortable with someone in my life." Serena tried to sort out her feelings.

"Serena I can wait forever."

"You shouldn't have to."

"To hear you say you love me, and mean it; I would wait forever."

*Should I believe the magic in your eyes/

I would wait until the end of time/

To hear you say you love me/

Like you mean it*

"I'm just so afraid of being hurt again." Serena moved closer to Darien.

"You know I would never hurt you." Darien took her face in his hands. "I love you Serena. I will always love you."

"I love you too Darien." She whispered, only moments before Darien assaulted her senses and Serena was set into a daze as his mouth overpowered her own.

Serena let his hands slide slightly under her shirt as she laid back and enjoyed the feeling of having him on top of her.

Andrew whistled as he got to the stairs; he had forgotten his keys in his office. Andrew though nothin of the light being on. "Oh god." Andrew spotted Darien and Serena on his couch. He was relieved they were still fully clothed. "What do you people have apartments for?" Andrew still stood in the doorway.

Darien and Serena froze and their bright red faces met his annoyed eyes. Darien quickly bolted off Serena. She pulled her shirt down and Darien quickly grabbed Serena's hand and they fled to continue elsewhere.

Andrew shook his head. "Now I'm gonna have to have that washed." He grabbed his keys out of his top drawer and shut his office door behind him as he strolled out.

*Baby when you hold me/

Make me feel it/

I've been hurt way too many times/

And when you say you love me/

Do you mean it?*

*********

AN: When You Say You Love Me ©2003 Clay Aiken and all respective owners. Well, that was a little longer than last chapter. And I'm sorry that you guys had to wait. So what did you think? Well, it's not over, I've got one more chapter left in me, and I hope you'll hang around for it, it's coming out next Friday, 12/5(I promise!), along with the first chapter of my new story. Once again, I would be nothing without my reviewers:

Queen of Hearts747, Sorceress Usagi, Yuki Asao, Silver Moonlight-81, Moon Princess13, Mage Raistlin, Crystal Promise, glad you liked it

ThatsMsDiva2U, AMI MIZUNO1, sorry to have kept you hanging, but I'm sure after this chapter you're satisfied, this one didn't have much of a cliffhanger, but there are still a few surprises left in Chapter 12

Mistress Moon, all I can say is wait til next chapter. And I will be doing a spin off for Raye and Seth, just because of this whole delayed chapter thing, I think I owe it to you guys, it'll prolly be a one shot, but let me know if you have any ideas of how they met or got together. Thanks for your reviews & support!

*********

Preview: Chapter XII. Touch -----

Well, this is it, the last chapter. I guess you could call it an epilogue. I don't want to spoil anything, so I'll just say that a certain couple attends a CD releasing party. I know you guys hate me, not only do I give you short chapters, and update less often, but then I don't give you a preview. Well, I love you all. Have a nice day! See you next Friday.