Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Love Is Blind ❯ Touch ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Love Is Blind

Chapter XII. Touch

By: Sailor Angie

AN: Meh, it's Thursday night, and I just posted The Perfect Prank, and I don't feel like waiting to post this, so you get it a few hours early, cuz I'm afraid I'll forget again. Well, this is it, it's finally over. Okay, now I am freaking out. I had so much fun writing this fic, you guys made it all worth while. The 1st chapter in my newest Darien/Serena fic: The Perfect Prank is out, and I'll update that as much as I did for this one, on Mondays and Fridays. Once again I would like to thank everyone for their support. You guys make it possible. Also the spin-off on Raye and Seth will be available shortly. Enjoy!

Oh, and Happy Birthday to me. (19 geez, I feel old. bleck)

************

Darien rolled over and opened his eyes. His vision was sleeping soundly next to him. He wondered if it had really been three months since he had confessed his love to Serena over an answering machine. But she had accepted him, so it didn't matter how he had done it.

Her eyes were closed. Darien remembered that her eyes were the first thing he had been attracted to. They were so clear and honest. They reflected Serena's personality perfectly.

Darien smiled remembering the events of last night vividly. It felt so right to be with Serena. It felt so right to hold her in his arms as she slept. He looked at the clock: 9 a.m. They had overslept. They always overslept; but it was okay.

Darien trailed little wet kisses along her shoulder, then her jaw bone, then his mouth met hers. Her eyes shot open as soon as she realized her air intake had been stopped. However, when she realized why, she smiled, kissed him back, and pulled Darien closer.

He moved away slowly, "We need to get up, we have a very long day ahead of us.

"How `bout we stay here, and we let Andy move everything by himself." Serena yawned.

"I don't think he'd like that too much." Darien got out of bed. Serena giggled at his Scooby Doo boxers. "Shaddup Serena, you still wear your Power Puff Girl panties."

"I didn't say anything." She held back laughter.

*Blue is the ocean in your eyes/

Blue is cool September skies/

As a lonely waterfall/

Red is the fire in your heart/

Or the passion of the love that we make/

As the sun set is fading away*

"You can put that box over there, and that one goes in the bedroom Darien." Serena sat on the couch eating ice cream.

Andrew dropped his box and walked over to Serena and stole the ice cream from her, "Get up." He commanded.

"Make me." Serena stuck her tongue out at him.

Hearing this Darien walked over, picked her up off the couch, and set her on her feet, "You need to help too Serena."

"I'm a girl, and I don't want to carry heavy boxes." Serena pouted.

Andrew dropped a huge box in her arms, "We don't discriminate upon gender."

"Whatever." Serena clucked as she carried the box into Darien's bedroom. "Darien, where does this go?" She whined.

"Put it in the closet honey." His voice sounded from the bathroom.

"Where in the closet?" Darien stopped unpacking in the bathroom and marched into the closet.

He took the box from her hands and set it down. "Right here."

"Oh," She smiled and stepped on top of the box, the clothes inside barely sank. She roped her arms around his neck, "Now I'm as tall as you." She giggled.

"Good." He pressed her body against his and let his mouth taste hers.

"C'mon you guys, you'll have plenty of time for sex later." Andrew stood in the doorway, "Mina's on her way over to help, she said she had a surprise for you Serena."

Darien helped Serena step off the box and all three exited the closet.

*Angel, heaven starts here/

Tonight in your arms/

Wanna drown in your body/

Get lost in your charm/

Now that you're here/

Angel don't go/

Let's keep the move nice and slow*

Mina stared at the masses of empty and full cartons as she tiptoed around Darien's apartment, "Is this an apartment of a war zone?"

Andrew's blonde head popped out from behind the kitchen counter. "War zone," Mina and Andrew laughed.

"So where are Serena and Darien?" Mina set her purse on the counter with the parcel she had brought.

Andrew rolled his eyes, turned, and yelled, "If I catch you two making out one more time --"

Darien and Serena both ambled out of his bedroom. "What on earth are you talking about Andy?" Serena implored sweetly.

Mina walked cheerfully over to Serena, "I have something for you."

Serena was confused but followed Mina into the living room and sat down on the sofa. "I just want to tell you that I am so jealous." Mina reached for a long white package from the kitchen counter.

She handed the box to Serena, and removed the lid. Inside was a shimmering blue designer dress. "Mina," Serena choked, "Where did you get this?"

"Read the card." Mina handed her a light blue envelope.

My dearest Serena,

I hope everything is going well, I've heard that you and Darien are so in love. It makes me so happy to hear that; especially since I've found love of my own. Everything happens for a reason Serena; it just took you to help me figure that out.

I hope you'll accept this gift as a `thank you' for everything. For the lessons you've taught me, for the love you showed me, and the music you gave me. I had this dress specially commissioned for you. Darien was nice enough to provide me with your measurements. I hope to see you in it tonight at my CD releasing party.

Love always, Seth

Serena closed the card, "You knew about this Darien?"

"I guess, he just called me a while ago and asked for your specifications. I was more than happy to comply. It gave me a reason to touch you." He laughed.

Serena shoved him in embarrassment, "Oh god." She shot up, "I totally spaced about Seth's CD party; we have to get moving; I have to get ready!"

Darien and Andrew just shook their heads, while Mina began suggesting make-up hues to match the dress and how her hair should be done. `Not to mention jewelry and shoes!' Mina followed Serena into the bedroom.

"She is something else." Andrew patted Darien on the shoulder, who just smiled.

*All I want is your touch/

All I want is your heaven/

Right here by my side/

Every night*

"Mind if I turn the radio on?" Darien yelled to Serena in their bathroom.

"Naw, go ahead, but can your help me with my necklace?'

"Sure." Darien flipped on the stereo and stopped dead in his tracks upon laying his eyes on Serena. He gasped.

"Whatta ya think." She smiled lightly. The dress was strapless, and made Darien's mouth water at the mere sight of her exposed collarbone and slight cleavage. Serena had also dusted her exposed skin with glitter.

Darien could only manage one word: "Mine."

Serena put her hands on her hips, "Really Darien, don't be so possessive."

A sly grin appeared on his face as he approached her, "You know, there's a whole hour before the party starts."

"Yeah, but then I'd ruin my hair, and I'd have to take another shower."

He wrapped his arms around her, "What would be so bad about taking another shower." Darien was inches from her face.

She kissed the tip of his nose, "Not now, help me put my necklace on, and I'll help you put your bowtie on."

Darien harrumphed, "You are no fun."

"Oh, I'm plenty of fun, when I want to be."

"That's true." Darien agreed.

"Why don't you--" Serena froze.

"What is it?" Darien was alarmed.

"That voice." Serena whispered, and slowly walked out of the bathroom and over to the stereo. As if drawn to it by some unseen force.

"Serena?" Darien questioned again.

"Shhhhh." She put her hand up to silence him.

*I never meant to hurt you

I hope that you know

What I did was wrong

I'm telling you so*

*I'll never forget

The hurt look on your face

I'm so sorry baby

We met at the wrong time

The wrong place*

The song faded out, "And that was `Serena,' Ben Compton's first single from his new self titled solo album.

Serena sighed and turned to face Darien, "You have to finish getting ready mister." She grabbed his shirt collar and dragged him back into the bathroom.

"I like it when you're forceful." He laughed.

"Oh shut up." She stated sarcastically.

*All I want your touch/

All I want is your tenderness/

Here in my life/

Every morning and night/

Girl, cuz your touch is so right*

"Serena you look stunning!" Seth embraced her.

Seeing him brought back a flood of emotions, "I haven't seen your in four months, since we broke up."

"I should have come back sooner, but I was just having way too much fun in Europe." He smiled.

"Thank you for the dress. It's beautiful." She held Seth's hand, and felt something cold and unfamiliar. She brought his hand before her face, "Why are you wearing a wedding band?"

He blushed, "Like I said, I had way too much fun in Europe."

"But who --" She watched Seth glance over at Darien who was talking to a beautiful young girl with long dark hair, "So that's Raye." Serena let Seth's hand slip out of her own.

"Yes, that's my Raye."

"Does anyone know you've eloped?"

"Nope," he smiled at her, "And we intend to keep it that way."

"Are you asking me to keep a secret from Andrew and Darien?"

"I suppose I couldn't ask you to keep anything from Darien, but Andrew doesn't have to know for a while."

Serena giggled, "Okay, it'll be our secret."

"Yes, our secret." Even from across the room he was entranced by her, and Serena would catch Raye sneaking glimpses of him during her conversation with Darien as well.

"Are you in love with her?" Serena and Seth sat down at the bar.

"I never thought I could love someone as much as I love her." He smiled at Serena.

"Is she in love with you?" Serena wanted to protect Seth.

"She's never asked me for anything, and I think after we first met we just realized that we needed each other. Every guy she's ever been with has used her for something. I think when she realized that I could never hurt her, there was no way either of us could go on with out the other."

"Seth, I am so happy for you. I'm just so sorry about everything that happened before you left for Europe."

"Serena, I thought my world had ended when I let you go, but at the same time, I would have been more miserable than you if I had kept you in a relationship. You were the only one who didn't realize how crazy Darien was for you, and how nuts you were for him." Seth finished his drink.

"Well, then perhaps I should be the one thanking you for letting me go."

"We both know you would have never broken up with me, unless given a damn good reason to. And I was not about to pull anything stupid and risk your feelings getting hurt worse than they did."

"Raye is so lucky--" Serena was interrupted.

*Yes, I've been thinking about you/

I've imagined the feel of your body/

And how it will be when we move*

Andrew burst through the doors, "Everyone, I would like to announce that Lovevolves first single: `Rockers aren't all bad,' has just gone platinum." Everyone cheered, "WAIT!" Andrew was mad, "I'm not done." Everyone was hushed, "And their record, which was released today, debuted at number one on the billboard charts." Everyone roared louder.

Raye ran over to Seth and almost knocked him off his stool, "I am so proud of you," Serena heard Raye whisper before embracing him tightly.

Feeling as though she was trespassing in a private and intimate moment, she got up and began to mingle with the guests. She was in the middle of her 7th interview, when Darien cut in.

"Can I steal you?" He whispered in her ear.

"Give me a minute to finish with Rolling Stone." She tried to shoo him away.

"Any further questions for Miss Thompson can be directed to my office." He stated clearly. Much to the reporter's dismay, he grabbed Serena around her waste and escorted her out to the lobby.

"Darien, where are you taking me?" Serena was visibly annoyed.

"I haven't had a moment alone with you since we got her. We're going up to your office." They waited for the elevator.

"Do you really think the elevator's a god idea?" She joked.

"You're right." He led her over to the stairs.

"I don't have my office keys with me." Serena's heels clicked on each step.

"Well, looks like we're visiting Andrew's couch again." Darien opened the door to Andy's floor. "After you my dear."

"Darien, you're gonna mess up my hair. Why don't we just go back to our apartment?" She tried to reason.

"I can't wait that long."

"This isn't right. Not here." Serena protested.

"It's Andy's fault he left his office open." Serena stood in Andrew's office, and wouldn't move. Darien's head dropped, "Fine, I won't do anything drastic." He snickered, "I just want to mess up your lipstick a little."

Serena sighed and dragged her feet as she walked towards him. "You're sure Andy will be detained downstairs for a while?" Serena questioned.

"Of course." Darien produced a remote and unknown piano music came through the speakers, "I know you're dace card is full, but I don't suppose I could steal a dance with you." Darien joked.

Serena coiled her arms around his neck, "I suppose." She played along.

"Wonderful." He returned the embrace and buried his head in her tresses. "I'm so in love with you Serena."

*Darling magic's alive/

Tonight in your arms/

Wanna drown in your body/

Get lost in your charm/

Now that you're here/

Don't move too fast/

Let's make the moment last*

Rather than answering with words, Serena brought her lips to his and let him hold her full body weight as she went limp from the intoxication he introduced to her.

"God dammit you guys!"

Serena and Darien broke their exchange immediately and turned to the door. They both blushed.

Andrew stormed over to them both, "This is what we have our own apartments and offices for. If I ever catch you both in here again --"

"You won't." Serena put her palms on Darien's back and steered him out of Andrew's office.

Andrew rolled his eyes, looked to the couch and yelled, "Do I have to wash the sofa again?" Out the door.

"We didn't get that far today." Darien yelled from down the hall.

Andrew laughed as he heard Serena slap him for his comment, and Darien cursing, and reminding Serena that he was very sensitive.

Darien and Serena returned to the party to say their good byes before heading home . . . finally.

"Raye married Seth you know." Serena watched the street lights pass in a blur.

"Yes, she told me. I've never seen her so elated. Seth was right, breaking up with you was the best thing for everyone." Darien laughed.

Serena sighed, "I feel like I still have so much to put away." She counted the items silently in her head.

"The only thing we need to do when we get home is go to bed." Darien smiled at the thought.

"You're speeding." She stated.

He let up on the pedal a little. "Well, honey, the faster we get home, the faster we can get to bed." He said in a suggestive manner.

*It makes me happy to know

That you're happy with him

He gives you a smile

One that I never did*

*I'm sorry for hurting you baby

I didn't know what I had

Until you up and left

I'm so happy you're glad

So happy you're glad*

The song that had played earlier repeated itself over the car speakers. Darien looked over to see Serena's reaction to Ben's song for her.

But Darien's eyes did not meet Serena's. Serena was fast asleep. Darien shook his head, "She's supposed to wait until later."

"Huh?" She stirred.

"We're home honey." Darien pulled into his usual parking spot. He got out of the car and helped her out, supporting her weight up the stairs to his apartment door. The door he had found her next so many times before.

Sensing how tired she was, he helped her under here dress, and put on one of his old t-shirts, then he gently placed her into their bed. He left the room to go to the bathroom and returned momentarily to her slow but steady breathing.

He shook his head as he slid in next to her and turned off the light. Darien felt her body heat grow closer; rather than wait for her sleepy advances he took her in his arms and kissed her temple.

"Darien?" She breathed. He hugged her tighter in response, "Thank you for opening my eyes long enough to find you. You made me see." Darien laughed, "I love you Darien."

"I love you too Serena." Darien stroked her hair as she fell into slumber.

*I don't want nobody else/

And you see that my body is aching/

I'm hopelessly taken by you*

THE END!

************

AN: Touch ©2003 Clay Aiken and all respective owners. Once again I would like to plug Clay's CD, it's absolutely wonderful, and I did a chapter for each song on his record. I hope you all were satisfied with how I brought Ben back, kinda, and I told you not to worry about Seth. A lot of you said that the stalker idea was good, and I don't know if I could write anything *that* dark, but any of you are more than welcome to use the idea, and if you do, let me know, I wanna read it! Wow, this was amazing, and I would like to give thanks to everyone that reviewed my fic, you all know how much I appreciate your input. It makes me sad that this is the last time I can write back to you guys (at least for Love Is Blind), anyways, my thanks:

Moon Princess13, you get the award, I used your idea for how to bring Ben back, because I just didn't know how to physically bring him back, so your `meaningful song' idea was perfect for the storyline, it especially played into their relationship.

ThatsMsDiva2U, thank you for all your encouraging words, I could always count on your reviews for a smile, I hope you enjoy The Perfect Prank

Mistress Moon, I never thought anyone would get so emotional and involved with one of my stories, but it makes me so happy that you have. You remind me so much of myself

DarkTenshi23 (a.k.a. my #1 fan), once again, the fact that I have even one fan makes a world of difference to me. Thanks for checking out my other fics too!

Mikahoshi11, Kelly my dear, your support is always appreciated, and it's nice to see that not all my friends think I'm crazy for writing fan fiction (Steve told me he had lost all respect for me, but I didn't care, because at least I'm a better singer than him!)

AMI MIZUNO1, Namiko-Daughter of Sekhemet, aurora, UsAgI-ChAn206, Crystal Promise, SilverMo, thank you for tagging along this long, it's people like you that have gotten me so close to 200 reviews. I'm glad you all liked it so much to have come this far, and your weekly reviews made me smile. Support = Happiness

Milady Goddess, arkangelgirl, fairytale angel, moonangel0905, adenafirestorm87, I'm happy that you all were pleased by my fic, I hope you'll continue to read, and check out my other stories as well

To everyone else who reviewed for my other chapters, thank you for everything, readers make writers what they are, and we only do it for you. I heart reviewers!

************

Preview: Chapter I. The Perfect Prank -----

Darien is forced to accept a job as a house fellow, but this job is not what he's bargained for. And when he comes face to face with Serena, he has met his match. (OUT NOW!)

Preview: Way Too Much Fun In Europe -----

Seth has just broken it off with Serena, and when he flees to Europe to seek solace he finds Raye, another of Crescent Record's talents. Through their misadventures, they begin to see that with out the other they cannot go on. (OUT LATER IN DECEMBER)