Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Love of Neptune ❯ Before the Party - Michiru ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 1

At Neptune....

Princess Michiru sighed and winced as the maid, named Mia, tugged on the strings of Michiru's dress. It always hurt, and made it impossible to breathe in the dresses, or death traps, as Michiru called them. One more tug and the strings were tied, and Michiru let a sigh, a rather small, quick one.

"Thank you.." Michiru said breathlessly. She turned to look at herself in the mirror and smiled at her reflection. She wore a very expensive dress, made of pearly, satiny fabric, that was embroidered with golden thread. The patterns were of dolphins, whales, bubbles, and other gorgeous things that lived in the Neptune Sea.

Michiru's aqua green hair, that would fall to her shoulders like a waterfall when let down, was pinned up in a perfect bun, with a few curled strands dangling elegantly to her shoulders and neck. Around her neck was a necklace with a chain of pure gold. The charm that dangled from the chain was a small, round pearl, given to Michiru by her mother. It was a simple piece, that complimented the dress and the glow in Michiru's navy blue eyes.

Tonight was the Neptunian Ball. The name suggested that the ball was nothing special. But it was held once every year, a few times it was held to find the princess a proper suitor. Tonight, Michiru was the star of the ball, and was expected to find a nice, handsome prince. If she didn't then they would wait until next year and try again.

Mia sighed. "Princess, please! We need to get ready! The ball is in only 3 hours, and the majesties expect you to be ready within the hour. Here, put these on." From a wooden, dark blue box Mia carefully lifted a pair of diamond shoes. Both shoes were made from two diamonds, that glistened as the light hit them and threw their shine everywhere. Michiru's smile grew wider. They were gorgeous, worth millions, but unusually common on the planet Saturn, and tonight Michiru would wear them.

She allowed Mia to slip them onto her small feet. They were a little uncomfortable and stiff, but they made Michiru look even more stunning. A pearly scarf that matched her dress accented Michiru's shoulders and elbows.

She stared at herself once Mia had left. Though Michiru knew she should've been happy she hated the responsiblity of having to find a husband. She hated it completely, and hoped someone civilized would come to the party and talk to her. A tinge of sadness set itself into her eyes and her full lips fell slightly into a frown.

Michiru sighed and turned, glancing at herself only once more before exiting her large bedroom. 'Please goddess, Umi, save my soul tonight...' She thought to herself as she took the arm of the tall man that was to escort her to her parent's chambers...