Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Love of Neptune ❯ Before the Party - Haruka ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 2

At Uranus...

She sat on her windowsill and read the letter. Another invitation. Princess Haruka sighed and let the letter slide from her fingers and flutter to the floor. Another stupid party.

It was for their princess, Michiru. 'Something about her finding a husband to take the throne by tonight and yada, yada, yada..' Haruka thought to herself, glaring out the window at two servants sleeping soundly under the old oak tree in the garden. She sighed again, and got up, running a hand through her sandy blonde hair.

'Mother will make me go. Damn. I'm not even a guy, yet they invite me to a stupid party to find this princess a husband. They even address me as Prince Haruka. How thick can one get?' Haruka thought, completely annoyed, as she made her way to her closet.

"Oh, 'Ruka!" In burst Haruka's mother, Queen Quinellia, carrying a finely embroidered suit. "'Ruka! I found your suit for the party!" Haruka winced as the words 'suit' and 'party' popped into her mind.

"Mother. About that party-"she was cut off as her mother began to babble.

"Oh, my dearest, dearest 'Ruka. I know you'll love the party. I think you'll love Michiru as well." Her mother went on bubbly, and Haruka knew that she'd have to go to the party, whether she had to be dragged, kicking and screaming to whole way or not.

Her mother set the suit she had been carrying down on the bed and left the room, grinning madly at Haruka. Haruka glared at the door, her teal eyes darkening. Her mother was definetly planning something.

Haruka glanced down at the suit. It had a navy blue overcoat, with a golden embroidery of leaves on the edges. The slacks that came with it were also navy blue and ended at the knee. Haruka found a pair of leggings to go with the slacks. A fancy white shirt for under the coat was also there, making it quite a formal outfit, and no doubt one that would hide Haruka's gender.

There was a quiet knock on the large door of Haruka's room, and a maid came in, her eyes on the floor. "I'm here to help you dress, princess."

Haruka nodded and stripped, allowing the maid to help her into the finely made garments. The shirt felt soft and feather light against her skin, as did the slacks and leggings, however, the coat was a little stiff and annoyed Haruka. The maid selected a pair of fine black shoes from Haruka's large closet and set them next to the blonde.

"I shall be back shortly to fix your hair and I'll bring you some tea. Remember, the ball is in only two hours, so do not go off ruining your outfit." With that the maid left Haruka alone.

Haruka sighed and slipped on her shoes, then examined herself in the mirror. Her hair was fine, just a little out of place and would be considered casual, if not brushed at least a little. She despised this party already. "The princess's probably another prissy girl who falls in love with the first cute guy and doesn't have a clue in the universe." Haruka told herself, grabbing a silver comb and taming her blonde locks a little.

The maid wandered back in, a tray of tea in her hands. She carefully set it down on the small table beside the dresser and poured a cup, handing it to Haruka, who took it silently. "Glad to see you combed your hair. It'll have to do, I suppose." The maid babbled, watching Haruka sip her tea.

Haruka set the empty china cup down and sighed. Only two hours until the party. Just two. It made Haruka mad that she had to even go to the party, but made her even more mad that she had to wait...