Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Love of Neptune ❯ At the Party - Michiru ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 3

Before the ball..

"Sit." Michiru did what her mother advised, sitting down on a large, dark blue cushion that was set beside the thrones that her parents were to accompany. She was to sit here when she wasn't dancing or talking to a handsome prince.

"Now, Michiru, the guests shall be arriving at any moment. Don't slouch, my daughter! Sit up! We don't want the royalty to think of you as improper, now do we?" Her mother explained, her head set high as she stared at the air above Michiru's head, not directly at her daughter.

Michiru sat up, sighing. Her father was the same way, and would stare at the air above her head, like she was a slave of some sort. But, to them she was. They could do anything they wanted with her, as long as someone kept Neptune, and Michiru, in straight order. Michiru knew that she may not even be able to pick her husband. Her mother or father'd see a nice, wealthy young man with a perfect posture and declare that he will marry Michiru, no questions asked and no refusals.

The first few guests arrived, ushered by butlers as maids scurried about to offer them appitizers. Michiru sat up, staring at one wall, just as her mother wanted, like a statue. Her elegant lips spread into a small smile so it looked like she was actually enjoying herself. 'A good thing I was trained to act. Otherwise, I'd look like an underfed pony in winter,' Michiru thought to herself.

"Michiru," Michiru looked over at her mother, who was talking to the first guests, "Michiru, this is Prince Alernan, his father, King Ferdinand, and Queen Amelia." The prince took a step foward, and took Michiru's hand and kissed it, or rather attatched himself to it like a leech. Michiru pulled her hand back in disgust, but gave the prince a charming smile, anyway.

Another prince had arrived, on the arm of an elderly woman in a rose red dress. "Queen Cami and her son, Prince Erican!" An usher exclaimed loudly, staring at the wall ahead of him as he spoke. Prince Erican left his mother to talk to the other group of nobles and approached Michiru, his eyes on anything on her body except her face as he walked.

"My pleasure to meet you, Princess Michiru," Erican said, kissing her hand lightly. He had said the word 'princess' like it was a disease that needed a cure. Michiru stared down at him with cold, desolate eyes, then waved him away. He glared at her, but got the picture and wandered off to his mother.

'No one'll come that's actually worth talking to,' Michiru thought to herself, sighing. The aqua haired beauty stared down at her dress, playing with the delicate folds as she hoped for a perfect someone to come and take her away.

"Prince Haruka!" The usher at the door shouted, and Michiru glanced up, hoping to see another arrogant, well-groomed prince. What she saw shocked her...

A tall man, about six feet in height stood at the enterance to the ballroom. He wasn't a year over 17, Michiru could tell. His sandy blonde hair was untamed, and his suit was of fine fabric, it shimmered in the light of the large room. Teal eyes peered at her from under the thick bangs. He came towards her, and Michiru felt herself get weak in the knees.

"Princess Michiru, I am-," he was cut off by a sweet, musical voice.

"Prince Haruka. I know, I heard," Michiru finished and explained, holding her hand out, which Haruka took and elegantly kissed, more of his hair falling to hide his face. He was perfect, a dream come true, a- woman?!

Michiru couldn't believe it. But the gentleness of Haruka's touch was something other men could never accomplish, and his voice was too silky to be a man's. Haruka had to be a woman. Michiru sighed. 'Her disguise is oh, so convincing,' Michiru thought and pulled Haruka close. "I know you're a woman, Haruka. No use hiding it from me, at least," Michiru whisped into Haruka's ear. The taller girl flinched and looked at Michiru.

"Yes, I am a woman," Haruka whispered, staring into Michiru's eyes. Haruka was almost too sure that Michiru hated her now. She breathed deeply and waited for a reaction.