Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Love of Neptune ❯ Chapter 4 - Haruka ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 4

At the ball...

Michiru stared into Haruka's teal eyes, smiling. She took Haruka's hand and squeezed it gently. "I don't mind. Perhaps I actually like the fact that you're female. It's intriguing that you could fool so many in that outfit."

"You mean..? You don't mind?" Haruka realized they were having trouble keeping their voices low in the almost crowded ballroom, and looked down at her hand, which was tightly clasped in Michiru's smaller, more delicate one.

Haruka backed away, grasping the princess's hand tighter. "Come with me," she whispered, and Michiru nodded, getting up and smoothing her skirts with her free hand. Michiru smiled at the nobles who stared at the two, as Haruka led her outside, and to the giant fountain. The great, aqua green marble fountain had been build in front of a large river that was the palace's backyard, or at least half of it.

Taking a golden handkercheif out of her pocket, the blonde laid it on the rim of the fountain, and helping Michiru to sit down. The two women sat in silence for a while, simply enjoying the presence of one another.

Michiru broke the dead silence. "I love the water here. It's crystal clear, except for at night when it turns a sapphire blue. It's always warm as well, even during the cold season." She got up, and walked briskly to the water of the deep river.

Haruka watched her a moment, before getting up and walking over as well, as Michiru was removing the perfect diamond shoes she wore. Haruka removed her heavy coat, setting it down on a nearby rock. Michiru slid into the water gracefully. 'God, she's so beautiful,' Haruka thought to herself, watching the aqua haired goddess carefully.

Michiru floated silently on her back, sighing as the water bonded with her soul. The wind rose, and she opened her eyes, only to see a pouty looking Haruka staring down at her. The air goddess grinned as Michiru splashed her. The blonde slipped off her shoes and waddled into the water. She was relieved to find that the water was indeed warm.

Michiru swam to Haruka and wrapped her arms around the taller girl's neck. "I actually think this is the best night I've had in a long time," Michiru whispered into Haruka's ear, gently blowing away some stray strands of the golden hair.

Michiru looked at Haruka's face and their eyes met, and locked. Michiru closed her eyes and caught Haruka in a sweet kiss. The blonde seemed shocked at first, but soon eased into it. Haruka kissed back, her breath caught as she pulled back and realized what had happened. But she had liked it. Liked it more than anything.

They kissed again, this time both so sure of themselves. That kiss ignited itself into another. "Princess Michiru!" Both women looked up, shocked by the newcomer.