Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Love of Neptune ❯ At the Party - Michiru ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 5

At the ball...

At the bank of the river stood a large chested women, her hands on her hips. She wore a simply maid's dress and frilly hat. She also didn't look all that happy. It was Michiru's governess, Maranda. "Princess! Get out of that water, right now!" Maranda barked at Michiru, then pointed at Haruka. "You! You get out, too, but stay away from Michiru!"

Both women did as told and stood on opposite sides of the larger woman, nervous. "Your mother has been worried sick about you, Michiru. She has found a nice man for you," Maranda remarked, taking Michiru's arm and glaring at Haruka as she emphasized the word 'man'.

Haruka glared back then shook her head. "Well. Then I'm sure my presence is no longer needed." The blonde picked up her coat and shoes. She looked over at Michiru, sensing the girl's dismay. She frowned and blew Michiru a kiss before walking off.

'No! Haruka! Don't leave me!' Michiru thought loudly, somehow hoping Haruka would hear. The blonde never looked back. Tears threw themselves out of Michiru's eyes and fell onto her perfect ivory skin.

Maranda shook her, hard. "Now, you stop it. You must at least be presentable to your suitor." With that, Maranda pulled Michiru with her. The princess had stopped crying, but the look on her face told that she would rather be dead at this moment.

The two women walked in silence, Maranda tightening and loosening her grip on Michiru every now and then. The music and quiet musings of guests could be heard as they entered the palace.

The people, mostly the princes, stared at Michiru. She was a wet, sopping mess. Her hair had fallen and her cheeks were stained from her tears. Her mother, a glare on her features, approached Michiru on the arm of a young man, who bowed to Michiru elegantly.

The boy smirked at Michiru's looks. "So this is the-" He stopped to stifle a laugh. "This is the gorgeously famous Princess Michiru?" The sarcasm in his voice was thicker than molasses. "I suppose that I could put up with her. It won't take long to break her in."

Anger boiled deep in Michiru's soul, and she jumped at him with her fists. She hit his jaw, sending him sprawling onto the floor with a hurt moan. "Don't you even think you'll ever even get the chance to touch me!" She screamed at him.

The guests stared at her in shock. Michiru glanced around, seeing the dozens of stunned people and hearing theirs whispers and gasps. The prince had sat up and was rubbing the large, forming bruise on his jaw.

'Umi-sama! What have I done?' Michiru silently asked herself. 'No one understands. Haruka would.' She turned and ran from the palace, towards the planetary teleporters. Her hand shot up to her neck, and for the first time she realized that a token, a golden, heart shaped locket, hung from it.